2019 Flashlight Host and Uncommon Budget Flashlights

519 posts / 0 new
Last post
pilotdog68
pilotdog68's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 05/30/2013 - 23:31
Posts: 6420
Location: Held against my will in IOWA, USA

Not having your questions answered immediately does not give you the right to insult. And yes, calling someone “fake” is insulting.

But thank you for helping me so quickly see not to waste any more time on you.

Good day sir.

My Favorite Modded Lights: X6R, S8 , X2R , M6, SP03

Major Projects:  Illuminated Tailcap, TripleDown/TripleStack Driver

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Freeme, do you have links to these lights? I am almost glad there are not any as they look too tempting.

Also how exactly do you pay for something on taobao without giving them your entire lifes information (which I refuse to do, SS number? um, no way is that happening, or I suppose there is no way for them to check the number, you could put in a fake one maybe?). There are a few things I have wanted to order from taobao but can’t figure out any options to actually pay for them.

Seriously, someone gave this a rudeness click? I must have missed where it was rude? Was it because it went a bit OT? Well I kinda figured others might be interested in the answer as well, guess not.

timex
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 10/13/2016 - 13:49
Posts: 2

@pilotdog68

I concur with you.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3482
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Freeme and others we have one for lift of lol! Did some one request this light? Any one planning on buying one to dissect?

https://www.fasttech.com/p/6040700

Sciencetists
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/27/2015 - 03:31
Posts: 107
Location: Canada

Texas_Ace wrote:
Freeme, do you have links to these lights? I am almost glad there are not any as they look too tempting.

Also how exactly do you pay for something on taobao without giving them your entire lifes information (which I refuse to do, SS number? um, no way is that happening, or I suppose there is no way for them to check the number, you could put in a fake one maybe?). There are a few things I have wanted to order from taobao but can’t figure out any options to actually pay for them.

You can purchase from Taobao using a third party. I recently ordered three lights from various sellers using bhiner.com, it went very smoothly. If you use this website, make sure you check the box on your profile to calculate shipping charges based on real weight only and not “volume weight”. The lights I ordered weighed only 400grams but were calculated at 1kg due to the size of the packages and the “volume weight” calculation method.

You make an initial payment to the agent, they order all of the products to one location, once they receive the items they photograph them (in my case they actually turned the lights on and showed them operational), and then request a second payment to cover shipping from them to you based upon the weights and volumes on the items. It is more complicated than aliexpress, but pretty doable once you figure it out.

I did not have to provide any personal info other than for payment. They might have even accepted paypal, I cannot recall.

Some info: http://www.howtotao.com/best-taobao-agent-reviews/

pilotdog68
pilotdog68's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 05/30/2013 - 23:31
Posts: 6420
Location: Held against my will in IOWA, USA

everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
Freeme and others we have one for lift of lol! Did some one request this light? Any one planning on buying one to dissect?

https://www.fasttech.com/p/6040700


nice find.

freeme said in post #51 that he had ordered one. If it is constructed well it’s a good deal, comes with a nice holster and a box. The included batteries might make shipping a hassle though.

My Favorite Modded Lights: X6R, S8 , X2R , M6, SP03

Major Projects:  Illuminated Tailcap, TripleDown/TripleStack Driver

hank
hank's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 56 sec ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 8288
Location: Berkeley, California
Quote:
They are not available for bulk purchase if I am not wrong. That is why most of our known vendors are unable to get from them.

What part of this needs further clarification?

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Sciencetists wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Freeme, do you have links to these lights? I am almost glad there are not any as they look too tempting.

Also how exactly do you pay for something on taobao without giving them your entire lifes information (which I refuse to do, SS number? um, no way is that happening, or I suppose there is no way for them to check the number, you could put in a fake one maybe?). There are a few things I have wanted to order from taobao but can’t figure out any options to actually pay for them.

You can purchase from Taobao using a third party. I recently ordered three lights from various sellers using bhiner.com, it went very smoothly. If you use this website, make sure you check the box on your profile to calculate shipping charges based on real weight only and not “volume weight”. The lights I ordered weighed only 400grams but were calculated at 1kg due to the size of the packages and the “volume weight” calculation method.

You make an initial payment to the agent, they order all of the products to one location, once they receive the items they photograph them (in my case they actually turned the lights on and showed them operational), and then request a second payment to cover shipping from them to you based upon the weights and volumes on the items. It is more complicated than aliexpress, but pretty doable once you figure it out.

I did not have to provide any personal info other than for payment. They might have even accepted paypal, I cannot recall.

Some info: http://www.howtotao.com/best-taobao-agent-reviews/

Thanks, I will look into that. Do you remember off hand what kind of middle man fee you were charged?

Sciencetists
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/27/2015 - 03:31
Posts: 107
Location: Canada
Texas_Ace wrote:
Thanks, I will look into that. Do you remember off hand what kind of middle man fee you were charged?

Here is my order invoice with personal info removed: http://i.imgur.com/c91lDEj.png .

The service fee and domestic shipping was very reasonable. The shipping cost to Canada was higher than I expected but that was partly due to me accidentally choosing a more expensive shipping method.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 8030

More 4x 26650 flashlights.

©freemex1thedeals.com

pilotdog68
pilotdog68's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 05/30/2013 - 23:31
Posts: 6420
Location: Held against my will in IOWA, USA

How big is that Aspheric?

My Favorite Modded Lights: X6R, S8 , X2R , M6, SP03

Major Projects:  Illuminated Tailcap, TripleDown/TripleStack Driver

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 8030

pilotdog68 wrote:
How big is that Aspheric?

©freemex1thedeals.com

Sciencetists
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/27/2015 - 03:31
Posts: 107
Location: Canada

That looks like a very fun host.

Pok
Pok's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 5 days ago
Joined: 03/26/2011 - 15:23
Posts: 928
Location: Thailand

  • *


No LED base ?

I have my light like this, LED stick on reflector.

  • *

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 8030

Slight delay by recent typhoon.

 

Zoom in for close up.

 

Pros:

  • Uni-body design.
  • Reasonably bright. 2.5A with one cell.
  • Matte anodizing.
  • It only cost $20 for flashlight, charger, 2x18650 (requested not to ship with) and case.

Cons:

  • LB LED (as expected).
  • Plastic reflector.
  • Cheap glass lens.
  • No thermal paste.
  • PWM on low mode.
  • Aligning the tailcap with the body is quite tricky.  

©freemex1thedeals.com

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Whats the driver size and where do you order? I am thinking XHP conversion…..

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 8030

I didn't tear it down complete because i need to ship it out soon.

Texas_Ace wrote:
Whats the driver size and where do you order? I am thinking XHP conversion.....

©freemex1thedeals.com

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Odd, how does the driver fit in there? Guess we will have to wait for someone to get one and tear it down. The plus side is that it could be a 17mm driver inbetween the cells but that doesn’t make a lot of sense.

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 2557
Location: Canuk in NM

Or a special oblong shape or ….?? Doesn’t have to be round.

BLF Member Map Add your name and location.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
MtnDon wrote:
Or a special oblong shape or ….?? Doesn’t have to be round.

Thats what I think it is, but I was being hopeful.

hank
hank's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 56 sec ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 8288
Location: Berkeley, California

Weird spring/contact arrangement — both springs on the tailcap — and this is for 2 cells in series?
No electrical lockout possible, I’d guess?

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 2557
Location: Canuk in NM

I think the cells are parallel.

BLF Member Map Add your name and location.

hank
hank's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 56 sec ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 8288
Location: Berkeley, California

Come to think of it, it has to be parallel, since it says

Quote:
. 2.5A with one cell.

Hm, actually interesting, if there’s a way to buy it (without junk charger and batteries bundled)

hank
hank's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 56 sec ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 8288
Location: Berkeley, California

Don’t forget to add your recommendations to the compilation thread:

Home “ Forums “ LED Flashlights “ 1 x AA / 1 × 14500 Flashlights
Under $10, 1x AA/ AAA/ 10440/ 14500 flashlight reference

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Texas_Ace wrote:
Freeme, do you have links to these lights? I am almost glad there are not any as they look too tempting.

Also how exactly do you pay for something on taobao without giving them your entire lifes information (which I refuse to do, SS number? um, no way is that happening, or I suppose there is no way for them to check the number, you could put in a fake one maybe?). There are a few things I have wanted to order from taobao but can’t figure out any options to actually pay for them.

Just curious, am I missing something with this post? It was marked as rude.

I don’t think I was being rude but it is usually hard to see your own rudeness.

So is this just someone having a bad day or am I missing something?

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 23 sec ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 12391
Location: LI NY

Mr. Taobao would take that as rude smile

I don't see anything there at all - weird.

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 2557
Location: Canuk in NM

Does not appear rude to me.

BLF Member Map Add your name and location.

djburkes
djburkes's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 03/16/2015 - 11:00
Posts: 1829
Location: Arkansas

I see no rudeness either.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8566
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Yeah, I kinda figured it was just someone having a bad day. Oh well. Back to your regularly scheduled program…..

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 10 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 9910
Location: nyc
Texas_Ace wrote:
Yeah, I kinda figured it was just someone having a bad day. Oh well. Back to your regularly scheduled program…..

Hm? How do you know a post got dinged as “rude”? You get a notification? The message shows with a blood-red background?

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Pages