FastTech New Arrivals & Promotion

720 posts / 0 new
Last post
hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 8301
Location: Berkeley, California

Looks like a very close copy of the Nitecore — but has TAnLu solved the horrible problem with passive drain that plagues the Nitecore?
Is it still an electronic switch?

If solved, and they’ve just stolen the solid aluminum case of the Nitecore but put in the usual crap driver, such a deal ….

Where’s the Snark button again? Sick

fasttech
fasttech's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 11/12/2012 - 04:56
Posts: 581
MRsDNF wrote:
Thanks Noel. I’d be quite happy to review the light if you want to send me one.

Sure. If you are interested please send me a private message and we can discuss further.

Noel

FASTTECH - LED Flashlights, Lasers and Electronics

fasttech
fasttech's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 11/12/2012 - 04:56
Posts: 581

Really sorry to hear that and the response time should be between 1-2 business days. Regarding the customer service problem, I know that there is still room to improve and I have kept working with customer service department for a long time in order to provide better services.

Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions that cannot be solved in ticket (due to delay), find me here and I will offer you a help immediately.

Noel

Bort wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
MRsDNF wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
So fasttech, any chance of the TL-20G in host form or at least without any of the extra stuff, just the light?
I did ask FT if they would sell the light without batteries and a charger of which the response was no. When asked about the ban on shipping Lithium Ion batteries to Australia they said I could ship with Singapore post. Go figure? I’d love a light to have a look at this light for modding but the pictures from there website put me off a bit. The reflector and lens look like they have finger prints all over them and the reflector itself does not look that shiny. Maybe it is just the pictures from the manufacturer though?

Yeah, I don’t even mess with contacting fasttech directly anymore, it is useless, they just blow you off no matter what you say or ask.

I hoped that maybe the rep on here would give some thought to it before dismissing it.


Indeed, i put in a price match request and almost 10 months later they agree to match the price. I have already bought from their competitor and used the device dozens if not hundreds of times already.

FASTTECH - LED Flashlights, Lasers and Electronics

OneBadWolf
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/01/2016 - 22:47
Posts: 46
Location: Canada

Why has Fasttech stopped honoring the BLF Coupon Code?

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 2576
Location: Canuk in NM
OneBadWolf wrote:
Why has Fasttech stopped honoring the BLF Coupon Code?

BLF code worked for me on an EE X6 recently. Probably won’t work on something that already has some other promo price.

BLF Member Map Add your name and location.

antiparanoico
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 19:17
Posts: 1164
Location: Wandering the world.
MtnDon wrote:
OneBadWolf wrote:
Why has Fasttech stopped honoring the BLF Coupon Code?

BLF code worked for me on an EE X6 recently. Probably won’t work on something that already has some other promo price.

+1

It worked for me a few minutes ago.

If anything can go wrong, it will.
Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value.

OneBadWolf
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/01/2016 - 22:47
Posts: 46
Location: Canada

Muriel at Customer Service told me that it was not active on Fri, 21 Oct 2016 , when I asked for assistance in applying it to my order. Noel has PM’d me here and told me that it IS active. Somebody should get it straight.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8568
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
OneBadWolf wrote:
Muriel at Customer Service told me that it was not active on Fri, 21 Oct 2016 , when I asked for assistance in applying it to my order. Noel has PM’d me here and told me that it IS active. Somebody should get it straight.

What were you trying to order? The BLF code only works on flashlights and batteries. For example 7135 chips won’t work with the BLF code for some reason, I need 200 of them shortly so it would be nice if it did.

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13058
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

The DM40 is now available a few dollars cheaper without the batteries and charger.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10019425/6093000-tanlu-tl-20g-led-fl...

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10019425/6040700-tanlu-tl-20g-led-fl...

Edit. It appears there is no holster as well though it looks flimsy in the picture. Only a review will let us know whether it is or not.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 8301
Location: Berkeley, California

Can anyone verify whether the DM40 is running 2 parallel cells as it appears?

OneBadWolf
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/01/2016 - 22:47
Posts: 46
Location: Canada
Texas_Ace wrote:
OneBadWolf wrote:
Muriel at Customer Service told me that it was not active on Fri, 21 Oct 2016 , when I asked for assistance in applying it to my order. Noel has PM’d me here and told me that it IS active. Somebody should get it straight.

What were you trying to order? The BLF code only works on flashlights and batteries. For example 7135 chips won’t work with the BLF code for some reason, I need 200 of them shortly so it would be nice if it did.

Flashlights, lenses, drivers emitters.

fasttech
fasttech's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 11/12/2012 - 04:56
Posts: 581
Texas_Ace wrote:
OneBadWolf wrote:
Muriel at Customer Service told me that it was not active on Fri, 21 Oct 2016 , when I asked for assistance in applying it to my order. Noel has PM’d me here and told me that it IS active. Somebody should get it straight.

What were you trying to order? The BLF code only works on flashlights and batteries. For example 7135 chips won’t work with the BLF code for some reason, I need 200 of them shortly so it would be nice if it did.

Hello Texas_Ace,

Please PM please if you would like to order them next time. I will offer you a good discount for ordering these amount.

Noel

FASTTECH - LED Flashlights, Lasers and Electronics

fasttech
fasttech's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 11/12/2012 - 04:56
Posts: 581
OneBadWolf wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
OneBadWolf wrote:
Muriel at Customer Service told me that it was not active on Fri, 21 Oct 2016 , when I asked for assistance in applying it to my order. Noel has PM’d me here and told me that it IS active. Somebody should get it straight.

What were you trying to order? The BLF code only works on flashlights and batteries. For example 7135 chips won’t work with the BLF code for some reason, I need 200 of them shortly so it would be nice if it did.

Flashlights, lenses, drivers emitters.

Hi OneBadWolf,

I am sorry to hear your experience and already replied in PM. I tried BLF code today and yesterday and it is valid. There may be a systematic error occurred on 10/21. Still I need to check with IT department to see if there were any problem appear on that day.

Best regards,
Noel

FASTTECH - LED Flashlights, Lasers and Electronics

fasttech
fasttech's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 11/12/2012 - 04:56
Posts: 581

Guys, TL-20G flashlight available without any accessories. $3 less and save more with “BLF” code

TanLu TL-20G LED Flashlight $19.03

Noel

FASTTECH - LED Flashlights, Lasers and Electronics

Muto
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 16:42
Posts: 2118
Location: Southeast, PA

Ordered that TanLu TL-20G yesterday morning as soon as it was available without the needless batteries.
Now the wait begins.

Thanks
Keith

After the Apocalypse there will be only 2 things left alive, Cockroaches and Keith Richards
..

Big Sky Country
..

No matter where you go, there you are.

Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1470
Location: Australia
can someone confirm whether the battery configuration for TanLu TL-20G is parallel or series?

Im hoping it is series so i can do modification and upgrade.

Nico -.-

charles lin
charles lin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 17:08
Posts: 383
Location: SoCal, US

Nicolicous wrote:
can someone confirm whether the battery configuration for TanLu TL-20G is parallel or series?

Im hoping it is series so i can do modification and upgrade.


I think the cells are parallel.
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1021627#comment-1021627
Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1470
Location: Australia

thanks Charles

the wall thickness seems thin

Nico -.-

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 8301
Location: Berkeley, California

Is the TL-20G the same light pictured with the DM40 printed on the side?

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 8301
Location: Berkeley, California

Hey, since this review from 3/25/2015 of the A123 cells you sell is still pending approval, I’d like to edit it

As it is now:

VERIFIED OWNER
PENDING APPROVAL

Overall
› Quality
› Value
bought six, all show leakage/rust around positive end vents
PROS
they were not dead
CONS
All six of the cells I just received show brown-red crusty material around the vents on the positive end.
Caveat emptor, buyer beware, earlier purchasers say they got OK cells, but none of mine look safe.
Reviewed on 3/25/2015
___________

EDIT: they quit taking charge quickly, and when I asked A123 directly they told me production on these stopped years ago, and is starting up again but currently stuck with QC issues in production, so any for sale are still old stock. That may change eventually.

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 hours ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 7455
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

fasttech wrote:
Really sorry to hear that and the response time should be between 1-2 business days. Regarding the customer service problem, I know that there is still room to improve and I have kept working with customer service department for a long time in order to provide better services.

Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions that cannot be solved in ticket (due to delay), find me here and I will offer you a help immediately.

Noel

Bort wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
MRsDNF wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
So fasttech, any chance of the TL-20G in host form or at least without any of the extra stuff, just the light?
I did ask FT if they would sell the light without batteries and a charger of which the response was no. When asked about the ban on shipping Lithium Ion batteries to Australia they said I could ship with Singapore post. Go figure? I’d love a light to have a look at this light for modding but the pictures from there website put me off a bit. The reflector and lens look like they have finger prints all over them and the reflector itself does not look that shiny. Maybe it is just the pictures from the manufacturer though?

Yeah, I don’t even mess with contacting fasttech directly anymore, it is useless, they just blow you off no matter what you say or ask.

I hoped that maybe the rep on here would give some thought to it before dismissing it.


Indeed, i put in a price match request and almost 10 months later they agree to match the price. I have already bought from their competitor and used the device dozens if not hundreds of times already.

I’ll keep this in mind in the future.
Your customer service used to be quite good a few years ago, but things went downhill Sad

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

fasttech
fasttech's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 11/12/2012 - 04:56
Posts: 581

Good news:

We have found an alternative shipping method to send batteries to all over the world. I will update here once the shipping is available.

Cheers,
Noel

FASTTECH - LED Flashlights, Lasers and Electronics

qandeel
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 521
Location: عُمَانْ

Good news. Well done. Waiting for the battery shipping details.

 عُمَانْ

lightx
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 09/22/2016 - 14:38
Posts: 297

Great!!! I hope the shipping cost would be reasonable.

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13058
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

Thanks for the update on the battery shipping.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

keengeorge
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/26/2014 - 01:04
Posts: 1819
Location: Australia

MRsDNF wrote:
Thanks for the update on the battery shipping.

+1  smile

fran82
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 hour ago
Joined: 07/31/2010 - 10:15
Posts: 2572

Is available? We can order just now??

This post/thread "may" contain referrals, a little contribution I "earn" in form of points ONLY if you buy the item. The purpose is to redeem items using the points and then making reviews of them in the forums to shar

hexcode
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/24/2016 - 07:00
Posts: 74
Location: India

Yes, Batteries please!!! Been dying without them!

fasttech
fasttech's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 11/12/2012 - 04:56
Posts: 581

Hello everyone,

Halloween site-wide discount code “TREAT31” is available now! Grab the chance to buy your desire items in great prices!

Halloween Sale

Cheers
Noel

FASTTECH - LED Flashlights, Lasers and Electronics

fasttech
fasttech's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 11/12/2012 - 04:56
Posts: 581

E-cigarette & Flashlight Time Limited Promotion- Nov 1-4! U’King ZQ-X808 LED Flashlight w/ Focus Zoom!

Time Limited Sale

FASTTECH - LED Flashlights, Lasers and Electronics

Pages