imaplent dt70 and dt35, why no one mention anything here

141 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

yellowknifenut
yellowknifenut's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 10 hours ago
Joined: 05/01/2016 - 11:48
Posts: 56
Location: Canada
imaplent dt70 and dt35, why no one mention anything here

I saw a post on the candle forum about the imaplent dt70 and dt35 but did not see any post here.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2994

I was too lazy to post. It has been discussed elsewhere briefly though. I am interested in these lights.

unknown00101
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 08/16/2013 - 11:53
Posts: 4338
Location: USA

The Imalent DN70 looks interesting as well. I’m a fan of the single 26650 powered XHP50/70 lights.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2994
unknown00101 wrote:
The Imalent DN70 looks interesting as well. I’m a fan of the single 26650 powered XHP50/70 lights.

Me too. There is just little choice so far, and the Acebeam and Olight are fairly pricey. Klarus can be had for a lot less, but to me appears mehhh.
A slightly more expensive emitter and a boost driver compared to an XM-L variant; these lights should be much cheaper in my opinion.
DN70 is indeed interesting, and you know what kind of discounts are realistic with Imalent…

Imalent prices (including batteries):

DT70 $290 4xXHP70 16000 lumen
DT35 $245 4xXHP35 HI 8500 lumen
DN70 $110 1xXHP70 3800 lumen
DN35 $105 1xXHP35 HI 2200 lumen

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3609
Location: RO

How many watts input must a flashlight have to output 16000lm with triple XHP70?
If 16000lm is the OTF lumen ouput then 18400 bulb lumens are needed. So that means 6130lm per LED, so that is around 10A at 7.5V = 75W*3 = 225W output. Add 8% losses to figure out the input, that is 243W.
But then how can 4*18650 do 243W?

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 2644
Location: Brisbane, Australia

DN70 looks really nice

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2994
Hikelite wrote:
How many watts input must a flashlight have to output 16000lm with triple XHP70? If 16000lm is the OTF lumen ouput then 18400 bulb lumens are needed. So that means 6130lm per LED, so that is around 10A at 7.5V = 75W*3 = 225W output. Add 8% losses to figure out the input, that is 243W. But then how can 4*18650 do 243W?

That’s 60W per cell, divided by about 4V equals 15A. Can be done theoretically, but most likely is not going to happen here. The included cells are 30Q according to Finnish site. I’d be happy if it pumped out 10000 lumens.

Trevi_lux
Trevi_lux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 10:52
Posts: 2296
Location: Spain

Yes, my preferred DN70 !!

unknown00101
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 08/16/2013 - 11:53
Posts: 4338
Location: USA

The DT70 has 4 XHP-70 LEDs, not 3.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3609
Location: RO
unknown00101 wrote:
The DT70 has 4 XHP-70 LEDs, not 3.

Yeah indeed, the picture was misleading for me due to the angle.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2994
unknown00101 wrote:
The DT70 has 4 XHP-70 LEDs, not 3.

Dangit, there goes my calculation too. But, the efficacy of 4 emitters is higher than 3 emitters, so it’ less than 15A per cell you need…
Anyhow, I don’t think Imalent is even going to deliver 16000 led lumens…

Edit:

FYI, I asked Imalent: DT70 and DT35 have 4P cell configuration.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3609
Location: RO
hIKARInoob wrote:
unknown00101 wrote:
The DT70 has 4 XHP-70 LEDs, not 3.

Dangit, there goes my calculation too. But, the efficacy of 4 emitters is higher than 3 emitters, so it’ less than 15A per cell you need…
Anyhow, I don’t think Imalent is even going to deliver 16000 led lumens…

The difference is not monumental, I mean 243W input or 220W same thing.

But anyway there is not going to be a 4.0V available when the load is anywhere from 10A to15A, more like 3.85V for a minute.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2994
Hikelite wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
unknown00101 wrote:
The DT70 has 4 XHP-70 LEDs, not 3.

Dangit, there goes my calculation too. But, the efficacy of 4 emitters is higher than 3 emitters, so it’ less than 15A per cell you need…
Anyhow, I don’t think Imalent is even going to deliver 16000 led lumens…

The difference is not monumental, I mean 243W input or 220W same thing.

But anyway there is not going to be a 4.0V available when the load is anywhere from 10A to15A, more like 3.85V for a minute.

Of course. Just ball park figures; easier to calculate. Just like 3 or 4 emitters, meh, it’s about the same. So the conclusion remains: verrrrry unlikely.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3609
Location: RO
hIKARInoob wrote:
Hikelite wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
unknown00101 wrote:
The DT70 has 4 XHP-70 LEDs, not 3.

Dangit, there goes my calculation too. But, the efficacy of 4 emitters is higher than 3 emitters, so it’ less than 15A per cell you need…
Anyhow, I don’t think Imalent is even going to deliver 16000 led lumens…

The difference is not monumental, I mean 243W input or 220W same thing.

But anyway there is not going to be a 4.0V available when the load is anywhere from 10A to15A, more like 3.85V for a minute.

Of course. Just ball park figures; easier to calculate. Just like 3 or 4 emitters, meh, it’s about the same. So the conclusion remains: verrrrry unlikely.

Maybe they really did it like 220W input for 30seconds, then drop to 4000lm (25%) and due to low voltage and rapid high discharge no more 16000lm at all after that (literally impossible).
Since with the new ANSI runtimes that would be totally normal.

unknown00101
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 08/16/2013 - 11:53
Posts: 4338
Location: USA

It’s certainly possible, it has been achieved by 3x XHP-70 in a smaller host.

Anyway, 9k lm in the palm of your hand is already crazy, I’d love to see what 16k thrown at 120kcd looks like. Smile

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3609
Location: RO

Surely is possible, just for 30sec total possible runtime from 4*18650, after all a pull of 220W from max 40W available (lets not even mention the 2.5V cells)
Besides I am assuming all max efficiency and all, reality may be different.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2994

Also notice on their website, it says:

ANS/NEMA FL1

… instead of ANSI…

will34
will34's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 28 sec ago
Joined: 12/18/2012 - 00:12
Posts: 3302

4x LEDs and 4× 18650s, it pulls from each cell enough to make 4,000lm.

In theory if the emitter efficiency is 120lm/watt each cell provides 33W, maybe close to 38W after 15% driver losses. This gives ~10A at 3.7V.

At 100lm/watt it should draw ~12A per cell which is entirely possible with high drains.

Of course the above calculation assuming the 4,000lm per XHP-70 is LED lumens and not OTF.

The real problem here is how does the driver deal with 40A+ of input current if the cells are parallel.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2994

will34 wrote:
4x LEDs and 4× 18650s, it pulls from each cell enough to make 4,000lm.

In theory if the emitter efficiency is 120lm/watt each cell provides 33W, maybe close to 38W after 15% driver losses. This gives ~10A at 3.7V.

At 100lm/watt it should draw ~12A per cell which is entirely possible with high drains.

Of course the above calculation assuming the 4,000lm per XHP-70 is LED lumens and not OTF.

The real problem here is how does the driver deal with 40A+ of input current if the cells are parallel.

Well, the Meteor is also 4P and pulls about 32A…

Charga
Charga's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2012 - 16:58
Posts: 320
Location: Deutschland

I think this configuration (4x XHP-70) kicks out ca. 12000 lumen OTF for about one minute and drops down dramatically!! …

It must be tested!! Wink

' Lumen est omen '

Hope is no option!

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3609
Location: RO

At least we know the flashlight can do 16000 ANSI lumen for 1hour and 30minutes, as the specifications say. Only when heated (50Celsius) the flashlight will drop to 1800lm output.
The second mode at 8000lm will work nicely for 2hours as it is rated.

This product sure is impressive, must output around 20Klm bulb lumens to be able to do 16Klm ANSI (which must measured at
least after 30seconds out the front). And it will not get hot in 30seconds to able able to get the 16Klm ANSI rating.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2994

The 4 stages of a new Imalent light

1) introduction new Imalent lights
2) getting excited about it
3) finally a review with runtimes and teardown
4) buy another Meteor

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2994
freeme wrote:

DN70 GB discussion has already started since yesterday. cool Hopefully, the price is below G20.

Nice! Let’s get some coffee over there then.

Fantomet
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 10/21/2016 - 19:21
Posts: 20
Location: Norway

Does anyone know if these lights will be available with neutral white? DN70 looks nice and has some good features i think!

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2994
Fantomet wrote:
Does anyone know if these lights will be available with neutral white? DN70 looks nice and has some good features i think!

I have not heard at all about neutral white versions…

texas shooter
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 08/26/2012 - 02:14
Posts: 1021
Location: Texas

I’m more interested in the DN70. They claim 3800 lumens with one 26650. We’ve had a few 3000, 2500, 3200 lumens claims and they all fell short. Some much shorter than others. http://www.imalent.com/Item/Show.asp?m=2&d=198 Something tells me at 115 grams it’s going to over heat quickly on turbo. It’s low-20, medium-300 and high-2500 are getting the most usage. Banggood has them all it now.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 2994

I do believe UI is high-mid-low, with no mention of memory if I’m not mistaken. Not liking that too much…

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 2644
Location: Brisbane, Australia
freeme wrote:

DN70 GB discussion has already started since yesterday. cool Hopefully, the price is below G20.

With Martin’s code it’s nowhere near as cheap as the GB price of the G20

But a GB should be cheaper than a code…

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 min 55 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 5358
Location: freedailydeals.org

Unlike others, I always push for lowest price for our members. cool Fortunately, most of the reps are pretty understanding. 

lionheart_2281 wrote:
With Martin's code it's nowhere near as cheap as the GB price of the G20 But a GB should be cheaper than a code...
Fatlight
Fatlight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 08/15/2016 - 03:40
Posts: 87
Location: Earth

This is getting ridiculous, over 10k lumens in the palm of your hand. We need a licence to carry these soon given the insta-flash risk to iris damage. The ministry of flashlight safety association(MFSA) will soon make an announcement regarding the application form at BLF . All current BLF members will be given an automatic exemption of course. Blushing

If U R reading this, U R also a Flashaholic. Pfft <3

Franz
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 04/03/2013 - 04:09
Posts: 589
Location: Brasil

OW God, must resist…..

That dt35, what wonderful light, 8k+ lm and about 1km of throw Shocked

MUST RESIST!

Hey freeme, have a coupon for it?

MUST RESIST! Tired

Pages