[SALE] High CRI 90+ Nichias (ENDED)

520 posts / 0 new
Last post
Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8537
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

I finally got around to posting up the results of my output tests with the 4000k emitters, they are basically the same as the 83cri test djozz ran before but with a bit lower output naturally. I had the test setup out and figured I might as well see what they can do.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/51693

I made up a bunch of S2+‘s with these LED’s for Christmas gifts and they turned out great, I am also using it in my EDC now as well. With the OP S2+ Reflector it is a good beam and tint but with a TIR it is simply stunning. Something about how the TIR mixes the beam just makes things look even better. This is part of why I prefer TIR’s in most lights. If I want flood then I will pull out a mixed tint triple Cool

TheOnlyDocc
TheOnlyDocc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 days ago
Joined: 06/26/2015 - 05:17
Posts: 949
Location: Mönchengladbach /Germany

Nice to see the 219C R9050 sm57x/sm50x listed!

New WildTrail (former LuckySun) D80v2 Sale has Started http://budgetlightforum.com/node/66255

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2340
Location: Bali - Indonesia

Texas_Ace wrote:
I finally got around to posting up the results of my output tests with the 4000k emitters, they are basically the same as the 83cri test djozz ran before but with a bit lower output naturally. I had the test setup out and figured I might as well see what they can do.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/51693

I made up a bunch of S2+‘s with these LED’s for Christmas gifts and they turned out great, I am also using it in my EDC now as well. With the OP S2+ Reflector it is a good beam and tint but with a TIR it is simply stunning. Something about how the TIR mixes the beam just makes things look even better. This is part of why I prefer TIR’s in most lights. If I want flood then I will pull out a mixed tint triple Cool

Soooo, true. I’m a fan of TIR too. Will try the 67mm Gaggione thrower optics later

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2340
Location: Bali - Indonesia

TheOnlyDocc wrote:
Nice to see the 219C R9050 sm57x/sm50x listed!

!https://s28.postimg.org/xscnwj431/Ashampoo_Snap_2016_12_26_18h45m06s_001...!

Indeed =)
How’s the light bar project? I made some drawings for you earlier

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 5721
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

clemence wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
I finally got around to posting up the results of my output tests with the 4000k emitters, they are basically the same as the 83cri test djozz ran before but with a bit lower output naturally. I had the test setup out and figured I might as well see what they can do.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/51693

I made up a bunch of S2+‘s with these LED’s for Christmas gifts and they turned out great, I am also using it in my EDC now as well. With the OP S2+ Reflector it is a good beam and tint but with a TIR it is simply stunning. Something about how the TIR mixes the beam just makes things look even better. This is part of why I prefer TIR’s in most lights. If I want flood then I will pull out a mixed tint triple Cool

Soooo, true. I’m a fan of TIR too. Will try the 67mm Gaggione thrower optics later


Interesting!
I like TIR optics too.
but which ones to buy…???

2Q19

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2340
Location: Bali - Indonesia

Jerommel wrote:
clemence wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
I finally got around to posting up the results of my output tests with the 4000k emitters, they are basically the same as the 83cri test djozz ran before but with a bit lower output naturally. I had the test setup out and figured I might as well see what they can do.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/51693

I made up a bunch of S2+‘s with these LED’s for Christmas gifts and they turned out great, I am also using it in my EDC now as well. With the OP S2+ Reflector it is a good beam and tint but with a TIR it is simply stunning. Something about how the TIR mixes the beam just makes things look even better. This is part of why I prefer TIR’s in most lights. If I want flood then I will pull out a mixed tint triple Cool

Soooo, true. I’m a fan of TIR too. Will try the 67mm Gaggione thrower optics later


Interesting!
I like TIR optics too.
but which ones to buy…???

What’s your application? What size?
I got all my Gaggiones from Supreme Components Singapore: http://supremecomponents.com/
And they’re not cheap Crying

THE_dAY
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: 05/18/2013 - 12:56
Posts: 465
Location: sfv, california

Another fan of TIR optics over reflectors here.
For your typical 25mm diameter tube flashlight, one my favorites is the Ledil LXP-RS

Nice throwy beam, yet smooth enough for close up work.
Goes great with the Nichias!

Gunga
Gunga's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 11/28/2014 - 16:56
Posts: 1822
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Where can we buy those?

THE_dAY
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: 05/18/2013 - 12:56
Posts: 465
Location: sfv, california
Gunga wrote:
Where can we buy those?

Ledil LXP-RS can be bought from digikey

Made for the Cree XP series so goes great with the Nichia.

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2340
Location: Bali - Indonesia

Update 161227: The NV4L144AM sm453 9050 received at my workshop. Will spiegelei test it and post the result

Inventory stock update 161228:

- 219C 9050 sm305: (0/95 pcs left)
- 219C 9050 sm353: (0/100 pcs left)
– 219C 9050 sm403: (8/300 pcs left)
- 144A 9050 sm453: (74/100 pcs left)
- 144A 9050 sm503: (90/100 pcs left)
- 144A 9050 sm573: (96/100 pcs left)
- VirEnce 30mmx30mm CDTP board (28/50 pcs left)

TheOnlyDocc
TheOnlyDocc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 days ago
Joined: 06/26/2015 - 05:17
Posts: 949
Location: Mönchengladbach /Germany
clemence wrote:
Indeed =) How’s the light bar project? I made some drawings for you earlier

It goes slow!
I was again in the hospital for 2 weeks and i am now home for a bit more than a week and i am still not fully ok. Thanks for the drawings. The Aluminium Profile (should arrive next week) will be 2000×80×60×4mm. I will use only 3*144A LED´s. The Ledil JENNY-CY optic with holder is 35*50mm. I think it will look nice when it is build in the Profile.
And i have ordered a few things more (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00D0T98GU/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF...). A few Potentiometer to mod the driver ,so i can set min and max brightness. The Optics are in the Shopping Cart at Mouser (still adding more things to the list like driver parts and electronics that i can not get easy in germany) but have to wait till next month with ordering.

What will be the highest bin for the 219C R9050 sm57x/sm50x (i hope still it will be 280+ Big Smile )

New WildTrail (former LuckySun) D80v2 Sale has Started http://budgetlightforum.com/node/66255

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2340
Location: Bali - Indonesia
TheOnlyDocc wrote:
clemence wrote:
Indeed =) How’s the light bar project? I made some drawings for you earlier

It goes slow!
I was again in the hospital for 2 weeks and i am now home for a bit more than a week and i am still not fully ok. Thanks for the drawings. The Aluminium Profile (should arrive next week) will be 2000×80×60×4mm. I will use only 3*144A LED´s. The Ledil JENNY-CY optic with holder is 35*50mm. I think it will look nice when it is build in the Profile.
And i have ordered a few things more (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00D0T98GU/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF...). A few Potentiometer to mod the driver ,so i can set min and max brightness. The Optics are in the Shopping Cart at Mouser (still adding more things to the list like driver parts and electronics that i can not get easy in germany) but have to wait till next month with ordering.

What will be the highest bin for the 219C R9050 sm57x/sm50x (i hope still it will be 280+ Big Smile )

Hospital? I hope you won’t get back there anytime soon. Keep healthy man.
Is that a boost driver? Looks very similar to mine. I bought some from ebay for as low as USD 6/pc. Try to get as rugged as possible potentiometer, The cheap one usually wears faster and jumpy.
Just like me I prefer 5700K high CRI for workshop and my office.
As for the bin, I have no control of what I’ll get. Nichia always randomly decide the proportion. We were lucky I got that D240 sm403, seems like the majority will get D220 for the 3 steps.

Get well soon TOD,
Clemence

kidanxz
kidanxz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 10/08/2014 - 03:36
Posts: 31
Location: Indonesia

Very rare indeed isn’t it Wink

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2340
Location: Bali - Indonesia

Inventory stock update 161228:

- 219C 9050 sm305: (0/95 pcs left)
- 219C 9050 sm353: (0/100 pcs left)
– 219C 9050 sm403: (0/300 pcs left)
- 144A 9050 sm453: (74/100 pcs left)
- 144A 9050 sm503: (90/100 pcs left)
- 144A 9050 sm573: (96/100 pcs left)
- VirEnce 30mmx30mm CDTP board (28/50 pcs left)

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2340
Location: Bali - Indonesia
The_Driver wrote:
clemence wrote:
Update 161226: The sm453 144AM from Japan already received in DHL Denpasar – Bali. Will be delivered to my place tomorrow.

Can you test one to check for the “Spiegelei”-problem?

Here You go…..

The contenders

Click here for FULL size

Additional beamshots:

Gaggione LLC07N
Click here for FULL size

Gaggione LLC07N + 5 deg. Luminit Diffuser
Click here for FULL size

THE_dAY
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: 05/18/2013 - 12:56
Posts: 465
Location: sfv, california

Tint on the new 144AM 4500K looks pretty good!

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2340
Location: Bali - Indonesia
THE_dAY wrote:
Tint on the new 144AM 4500K looks pretty good!

4500K is the sweet spot for most people yet the hardest to get it right.
219C isn’t available in sm45× 9050, let alone 9080. 219B has the sw45k but isn’t very powerful and too rosy for some people. 144A is the sweet spot between power vs. package but it’s the least appealing in terms of design.

And all those high 90+ CRI Nichias also require specialized optics to mix the tint evenly. Somehow finer phosphors seems harder to mix/make. High CRI LEDs aren’t match for clean throwy optics/reflectors, at least for now. Some tint mixing either using simple diffuser or criss cross rays routing is needed.

I got excellent result with minimal lumen loss using plain Luminit LSD, the efficiency can be further improved by 14% with special request for AR coating on both sides of the LSD. Simple frosted diffusers common in flashlights didn’t do very well.
Using uncoated 5 degree plain Luminit’s LSD I got – 0,3 exposure in most tests.

- Clemence

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 5721
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

Colors get prettier on LSDUghh

What does LSD mean?
Is it diffuser film?

2Q19

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2340
Location: Bali - Indonesia

Jerommel wrote:
Colors get prettier on LSDUghh

What does LSD mean?
Is it diffuser film?

Light Shaping Diffuser
Link: http://www.luminitco.com/products/light-shaping-diffusers

THE_dAY
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: 05/18/2013 - 12:56
Posts: 465
Location: sfv, california

clemence wrote:
219B has the sw45k but isn’t very powerful and too rosy for some people.

Ah, everyone needs a pair of rose colored glasses.
chouster
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2014 - 15:05
Posts: 688
Location: germany
THE_dAY wrote:
clemence wrote:
219B has the sw45k but isn’t very powerful and too rosy for some people.
Ah, everyone needs a pair of rose colored glasses.

I’d like those glasses as well. 219B-V1 D220 R9080 sw40/sw45k would mean about 92% of light output compared to the 219C R9050 D240 if you don’t go past 1.5A per LED, but with even better color reproduction…

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 5721
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

Pink glasses, LSD and some 219B-V1 4000K R9080…
Life will look sweet indeed.. Glasses

Seriously though,
couldn’t you just ‘depolish’ a TIR to get some diffusing and eliminate the losses of the transitions from TIR to diffuser (and the air in between them)?
…provided you get a nice depolishing job done of course..
I guess sandpaper leaves too sharp scratches that will just eat up the light, but iḿ not sure..

2Q19

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2340
Location: Bali - Indonesia

Jerommel wrote:
Pink glasses, LSD and some 219B-V1 4000K R9080…
Life will look sweet indeed.. Glasses

Seriously though,
couldn’t you just ‘depolish’ a TIR to get some diffusing and eliminate the losses of the transitions from TIR to diffuser (and the air in between them)?
…provided you get a nice depolishing job done of course..
I guess sandpaper leaves too sharp scratches that will just eat up the light, but iḿ not sure..

But you’ll get no control over beam angle. It will become a “full” diffusion. With LSD you have precise 1, 5, 10, 30, 60, 80 degree diffusion options. They also oval have diffusers too. And you can combine them even within the same single TIR/reflector (stacked, cut, shaped).

TheOnlyDocc
TheOnlyDocc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 days ago
Joined: 06/26/2015 - 05:17
Posts: 949
Location: Mönchengladbach /Germany

My 219C 9050 sm403 from djozz arrived today. But you forgot the silicon gaskets for the S2+ Crying .
Can you please send me a price for 4 gaskets + 3 MCPCB´s for the 144a + standart shipping.
Thanks in advance!

New WildTrail (former LuckySun) D80v2 Sale has Started http://budgetlightforum.com/node/66255

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15981
Location: Amsterdam

TheOnlyDocc wrote:
My 219C 9050 sm403 from djozz arrived today. But you forgot the silicon gaskets for the S2+ Crying .
Can you please send me a price for 4 gaskets + 3 MCPCB´s for the 144a + standart shipping.
Thanks in advance!

Yes, I forgot the gaskets, sorry about that, but I can put then in an envelope for you today. So you like 3 of my N119 boards with them? Mind that you will have to scrape away some solder mask to make the 144A fit. Make it $6 for the boards, that’s all Smile
Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 5721
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

clemence wrote:
Jerommel wrote:
Pink glasses, LSD and some 219B-V1 4000K R9080…
Life will look sweet indeed.. Glasses

Seriously though,
couldn’t you just ‘depolish’ a TIR to get some diffusing and eliminate the losses of the transitions from TIR to diffuser (and the air in between them)?
…provided you get a nice depolishing job done of course..
I guess sandpaper leaves too sharp scratches that will just eat up the light, but iḿ not sure..

But you’ll get no control over beam angle. It will become a “full” diffusion.

Well, you can polish it again afterwards with a felt drum and maybe some polishing agent.
Bead blasting would be good too, but takes special equipment (that i don’t have)
And how about spraying a mist (tiny droplets basically) of clear coat on it?
..i guess i’ll have to try it myself..

2Q19

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 5721
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

djozz wrote:
TheOnlyDocc wrote:
My 219C 9050 sm403 from djozz arrived today. But you forgot the silicon gaskets for the S2+ Crying .
Can you please send me a price for 4 gaskets + 3 MCPCB´s for the 144a + standart shipping.
Thanks in advance!

Yes, I forgot the gaskets, sorry about that, but I can put then in an envelope for you today. So you like 3 of my N119 boards with them? Mind that you will have to scrape away some solder mask to make the 144A fit. Make it $6 for the boards, that’s all Smile

Are those the translucent membranes that go under the metal button of the colored S2+ ?
(I could use some too.)

2Q19

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15981
Location: Amsterdam

Yes, still have quite a stash of them. Mind that the effect is pretty cool but you need very bright tail leds to notice the light (almost all light is lost under the metal cover). A lighted tail with a normal translucent silicon cover is way brighter and more efficient.

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 5721
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

I’ll PM you.

2Q19

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2340
Location: Bali - Indonesia

Jerommel wrote:
clemence wrote:
Jerommel wrote:
Pink glasses, LSD and some 219B-V1 4000K R9080…
Life will look sweet indeed.. Glasses

Seriously though,
couldn’t you just ‘depolish’ a TIR to get some diffusing and eliminate the losses of the transitions from TIR to diffuser (and the air in between them)?
…provided you get a nice depolishing job done of course..
I guess sandpaper leaves too sharp scratches that will just eat up the light, but iḿ not sure..

But you’ll get no control over beam angle. It will become a “full” diffusion.

Well, you can polish it again afterwards with a felt drum and maybe some polishing agent.
Bead blasting would be good too, but takes special equipment (that i don’t have)
And how about spraying a mist (tiny droplets basically) of clear coat on it?
..i guess i’ll have to try it myself..

All Possible but when you had done hundreds of light fixture you will want the luxury and ease of use of this Luminit LSD Wink
Their DTF [Direction Turning Film] was the first product that led me to them. I’ll post the beamshots of all the Luminit LSD samples I have.

Pages