[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

19127 posts / 0 new
Last post
Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3394
Location: Vancouver, Canada

The Miller wrote:
Well we aim for the $111 to be with shipping

Well that’s slightly better Smile
pirate joe 22
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
Joined: 08/26/2015 - 01:23
Posts: 120

In for 1

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7728
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
DEL wrote:
Hear you on the 1617 TA, maybe next time! (Have not seen them in retail yet though.)

I actually noticed the other day that Digikey seems to have got them in stock: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/microchip-technology/ATTINY161...

I totally see this as the future for flashlight drivers, 16kb, 22 I/O pins, multiple voltage references, More PWM options, and all of that in a far smaller form factor!

nodoubt
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/23/2012 - 00:51
Posts: 411

any beamshots yet ? SillyBig Smile

JM87
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/22/2015 - 04:13
Posts: 19
Location: Southeast US

We probably won’t have any beamshots for a few months. Last I read they were starting to work on the driver. Could’ve been a few weeks ago but regardless, no beamshots to drool over for a lil bit longer.

nodoubt
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/23/2012 - 00:51
Posts: 411

JM87 wrote:
We probably won’t have any beamshots for a few months. Last I read they were starting to work on the driver. Could’ve been a few weeks ago but regardless, no beamshots to drool over for a lil bit longer.

yeah , i know ….i was just making a funny to bump the thread…
seems its been almost a day now with no action here WinkBig Smile
JM87
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/22/2015 - 04:13
Posts: 19
Location: Southeast US

O gotcha. Yea I was looking before I replied. Doesn’t seem to be anybody around right now.

amplificus
amplificus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/10/2015 - 10:58
Posts: 79
Location: SoCal
ToyKeeper wrote:
Although it can be supremely satisfying to feel the sun shining out of one’s escape hatch, the BLF GT is not recommended for rectal use.

Just putting it out there… Big Smile

I think I’m gonna call my GT Mjölnir

Mike C
Mike C's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/22/2014 - 08:03
Posts: 2009
Location: Sweden

Texas_Ace wrote:
I actually noticed the other day that Digikey seems to have got them in stock: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/microchip-technology/ATTINY161...

I totally see this as the future for flashlight drivers, 16kb, 22 I/O pins, multiple voltage references, More PWM options, and all of that in a far smaller form factor!


How do you program these things? I’ve done a little searching and haven’t find any method to program them with a USBASP. I don’t think anyone has made a config file update for AVRDude, and I haven’t seen support for the 1617 in any other AVR programming software.
The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9631
Location: Charente France

DEL is reworking the driver for it needs to have a central + and a -ring around it not connected to the housing. Lumintop provided detailed measurements and first new layout is already send to check if it would fit as is
If it does DEL plans on some tweaks till he is happy with it.

R10500
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 05/07/2013 - 06:02
Posts: 157

Have i been put down for a 2nd unit? I did request for 2 but recall seeing only 1 being allocated to me.

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Online
Last seen: 14 min 2 sec ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 2169
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)
R10500 wrote:
count me in on this baby, ‘cos i’m following the light!

That’s all folks.

I always think long and hard before I say something really stupid.

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9631
Location: Charente France

Will update list later when we have reached new page

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 13349
Location: Amsterdam

I’m considering 14 Silly posts Silly

(sorry, just postponing some boring stuff at work atm)

link to djozz tests 

“I used to think that top environmental problems were biodiversity loss, ecosystem collapse and climate change. I thought that thirty years of good science could address these problems. I was wrong. The top environmental problems are selfishness, greed and apathy, and to deal with these we need a cultural and spiritual transformation. And we scientists don’t know how to do that.”   (Gus Speth)

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 46 sec ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 6154
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

djozz wrote:
I’m considering 14 Silly posts Silly

(sorry, just postponing some boring stuff at work atm)


Speaking of posts, when did you hit 10,000? I totally missed it! Congratulations!

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
-Ayn Rand

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7728
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Mike C wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
I actually noticed the other day that Digikey seems to have got them in stock: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/microchip-technology/ATTINY161...

I totally see this as the future for flashlight drivers, 16kb, 22 I/O pins, multiple voltage references, More PWM options, and all of that in a far smaller form factor!


How do you program these things? I’ve done a little searching and haven’t find any method to program them with a USBASP. I don’t think anyone has made a config file update for AVRDude, and I haven’t seen support for the 1617 in any other AVR programming software.

That I have no idea, I assume an update will be released before long now that they are available to program them with open source items. Maybe atmel studio has an update for it?

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9631
Location: Charente France

And update
the first proto is anodised
more parts ready (no word about reflector)
the GT is HUGE
feast your eyes (had to anonymize the girl Smile )

bibihang
bibihang's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 11/10/2011 - 09:32
Posts: 2375
Location: Malaysia

Omg it’s really huge. With huge size like this it should have been made into a lantern style light instead. Shocked

With 8 batteries inside it would be quite a dumbbell! That little girl in the photo sure has pretty strong biceps lol.

mizou51
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/17/2016 - 12:06
Posts: 293
Location: France

Wouaaaaa

BrianK
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 days ago
Joined: 06/23/2016 - 08:14
Posts: 1031
Location: Central Maine, USA

I’d be very surprised if it ever gets much above lukewarm even on turbo and running until the cells quit.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 7728
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

A lantern style build was considered when we started this, it was even voted on but a normal flashlight design was chosen.

Mike C
Mike C's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/22/2014 - 08:03
Posts: 2009
Location: Sweden

Texas_Ace wrote:
Mike C wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
I actually noticed the other day that Digikey seems to have got them in stock: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/microchip-technology/ATTINY161...

I totally see this as the future for flashlight drivers, 16kb, 22 I/O pins, multiple voltage references, More PWM options, and all of that in a far smaller form factor!


How do you program these things? I’ve done a little searching and haven’t find any method to program them with a USBASP. I don’t think anyone has made a config file update for AVRDude, and I haven’t seen support for the 1617 in any other AVR programming software.

That I have no idea, I assume an update will be released before long now that they are available to program them with open source items. Maybe atmel studio has an update for it?


As far as I know, using the USBASP through Atmel still requires AVR Dude, which in tern requires a conf file. Of coarse one could buy a Atmel ICE, but I don’t want to.
rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 959
Location: Indonesia

Well that is much bigger than i anticipated, i know this going to be a large light but THAT! I LOVE IT Crazy Now put 4xXPH70 on it and i am sure it still throws and run turbo all night maybe for next GB?

@The Miller: thanks for placing me in the list. cant wait for this light! Party

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 13349
Location: Amsterdam

Texas_Ace wrote:
A lantern style build was considered when we started this, it was even voted on but a normal flashlight design was chosen.

That vote was when I lost interest, I really thought the lantern style fitted the 12cm reflector very well.
But I must say that a flashlight this size beats every category out there Party I’m glad that I’m on the list, this thing is a must-have Big SmileFacepalm

link to djozz tests 

“I used to think that top environmental problems were biodiversity loss, ecosystem collapse and climate change. I thought that thirty years of good science could address these problems. I was wrong. The top environmental problems are selfishness, greed and apathy, and to deal with these we need a cultural and spiritual transformation. And we scientists don’t know how to do that.”   (Gus Speth)

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Online
Last seen: 14 min 2 sec ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 2169
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)
bibihang wrote:
Omg it’s really huge. …………… That little girl in the photo sure has pretty strong biceps lol.

To (mis)quote Nick “Crocodile” Dundee:“That’s not a flashlight, THAT’S a flashlight”.
It is almost NSFW WinkFacepalm

I always think long and hard before I say something really stupid.

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9631
Location: Charente France

The flat area around the switch gives it a slight family look with the Q8, I like that.
Then there is some L6 in there, the IMHO beautiful cutouts so nice to see that too.
And look at those fins so deep, very nice.
The girl on the original pic looks like she thinks “please take the pic fast” Smile

I_like_lamb
I_like_lamb's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 20 hours ago
Joined: 08/21/2016 - 03:54
Posts: 102
Location: Sydney, 'Straya

Holy phuk, thats enormous Shocked

bibihang
bibihang's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 11/10/2011 - 09:32
Posts: 2375
Location: Malaysia

Texas_Ace wrote:
A lantern style build was considered when we started this, it was even voted on but a normal flashlight design was chosen.

Yes I was aware of that, and I actually participated in the poll although I forgot which option I have voted for. Facepalm

Anyway I am on the list and I will still proceed to buy one (if the price is $111 includes shipping). It is going to be a nice collection for sure but definitely not something that I will bring to the outdoor often lol.

chops728
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 50 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2014 - 16:00
Posts: 657
Location: Swampland,La

Is there an Optional Wheel attachment—-Wow—It’s a Beast

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 46 sec ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 6154
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

djozz wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
A lantern style build was considered when we started this, it was even voted on but a normal flashlight design was chosen.

That vote was when I lost interest, I really thought the lantern style fitted the 12cm reflector very well.
But I must say that a flashlight this size beats every category out there Party I’m glad that I’m on the list, this thing is a must-have Big SmileFacepalm

I voted for lantern style, and I never got on the list for this one. It’s an enormous light. That’s cool in a way, but it’s not very practical for me.

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
-Ayn Rand

Pages

Topic locked