New 4XP Noctigon MCPCB for quad optic

509 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hank Wang
Online
Last seen: 9 min 19 sec ago
Joined: 10/19/2011 - 10:28
Posts: 322
Location: China

Edness wrote:
I can see myself getting the grey one with Nichia.

Can you tell us what bin 219c you’ll be using?

The 219C is 5000K 80CRI

www.Intl-Outdoor.com, Noctigon, Emisar, flashlight components.

-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2698
Location: France, Angers

Hank Wang wrote:
Edness wrote:
I can see myself getting the grey one with Nichia.

Can you tell us what bin 219c you’ll be using?

The 219C is 5000K 80CRI

How, I wish you used warmer tint maybe 4000K… Sad
Hey, not everyone can be happy, I’m pretty sure it will please the majority Smile

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

Gunga
Gunga's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 11/28/2014 - 16:56
Posts: 1721
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Any clips?

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3976

X3 wrote:
Hank Wang wrote:
Edness wrote:
I can see myself getting the grey one with Nichia.

Can you tell us what bin 219c you’ll be using?

The 219C is 5000K 80CRI

How, I wish you used warmer tint maybe 4000K… Sad
Hey, not everyone can be happy, I’m pretty sure it will please the majority Smile

Both Nichia 5000K 80 CRI and 4000K 90 CRI would be great.

Sledgestone
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/07/2015 - 06:55
Posts: 602
Location: Sweden

Yes, 4000k Nichia with 90+ CRI would be optimal in my opinion!

Gunga
Gunga's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 11/28/2014 - 16:56
Posts: 1721
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Me too! Warmer and higher Cri.

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9736
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3

Meanwhile, I’m happy it’s 5000K instead of 4000K. Big Smile

I picked the 219c option because none of the other options were the right tint. It comes in 4000K Cree though, for those who prefer a warmer tint.

-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2698
Location: France, Angers

CREE are always disappointing in 4000K IMHO
The only ones I really like are the 3000K 90 CRI XM-L2 and the 2700K 80 CRI XP-G3 from KD
Well, 5000K Nichias are in a sweet spot between high lumens and high CRI I suppose

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

grayski74
grayski74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 10/08/2014 - 10:37
Posts: 228
Location: Leicestershire, UK

Mmm they look good!

I have ZERO 18500 lights.. One of these may be my first!

Will need to get an 18500 battery or two though.. aha. They seem to go as high as 1400-1500mah..

Which is plenty of power for me, and also be 1.5cm shorter than the 18650.. so only 8CM long?

That’s only as long as a Tool AAA!

hatman
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 11/25/2012 - 16:07
Posts: 128
Location: Midwest

What’s the output, please, with the 219C?

Box
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/26/2014 - 06:53
Posts: 635
Location: Australia

grayski74 wrote:
Mmm they look good!

I have ZERO 18500 lights.. One of these may be my first!

Will need to get an 18500 battery or two though.. aha. They seem to go as high as 1400-1500mah..

Which is plenty of power for me, and also be 1.5cm shorter than the 18650.. so only 8CM long?

That’s only as long as a Tool AAA!


Theres the Panasonic NCR18500A. They are 2040mah
DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 7386
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

Did anybody but me actually buy the discounted LED’s? No? Everybody just interested in the D4? Oh… okay. Silly

The Cycle of Goodness: “No one prospers without rendering benefit to others”
- The YKK Philosophy

Charga
Charga's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2012 - 16:58
Posts: 361
Location: Deutschland

Any news when the D4 is available!? Question

' Lumen est omen '

Hope is no option!

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9736
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3

It sounds like it should be any day now. It’d probably be a good idea to check Hank’s site daily, since I get the feeling these will probably sell pretty quickly.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3976
ToyKeeper wrote:
It sounds like it should be any day now. It’d probably be a good idea to check Hank’s site daily, since I get the feeling these will probably sell pretty quickly.

…Been doing that for some time now… Big Smile

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9736
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3

… and by “any day now”, I mean really really soon. RMM got his first batch in today and there are still some left in the XP-G2 and XP-L HI varieties.

XP-G2 offers a nicer beam shape and comes in 4000K and 5700K tints, while XP-L HI offers more lumens and comes in 5000K and 6500K tints.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3976

ToyKeeper wrote:
… and by “any day now”, I mean really really soon. RMM got his first batch in today and there are still some left in the XP-G2 and XP-L HI varieties.

XP-G2 offers a nicer beam shape and comes in 4000K and 5700K tints, while XP-L HI offers more lumens and comes in 5000K and 6500K tints.

And I am oh so going to DDoS intl-outdoor… Crazy

Agro
Agro's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 4384
Location: Ślōnsk

ToyKeeper wrote:
… and by “any day now”, I mean really really soon. RMM got his first batch in today and there are still some left in the XP-G2 and XP-L HI varieties.

XP-G2 offers a nicer beam shape and comes in 4000K and 5700K tints, while XP-L HI offers more lumens and comes in 5000K and 6500K tints.


Also, XP-G2 will be more efficient at low modes.
Anthon
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 59 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2015 - 10:33
Posts: 518

I hope there is a XPG-2 S4 3D option like the M43, I love that tint.

I’d like to see the candela values from each option, I’m afraid that the XPL-HI will be a lot throwier than the Nichia, but I want the light to have the máximum efficiency as possible

Box
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/26/2014 - 06:53
Posts: 635
Location: Australia

gukase wrote:
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1149757#comment-1149757
Quote:
ATtiny85, classic FET+1. Easy simple design

I’m disappointed. It is piece of shit.

Huh? Wrong thread?
Agro
Agro's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 4384
Location: Ślōnsk

Box wrote:
gukase wrote:
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1149757#comment-1149757
Quote:
ATtiny85, classic FET+1. Easy simple design

I’m disappointed. It is piece of shit.

Huh? Wrong thread?

No, it’s another thread about the same light.
-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2698
Location: France, Angers

gukase wrote:
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1149757#comment-1149757
Quote:
ATtiny85, classic FET+1. Easy simple design

I’m disappointed. It is piece of shit.

Wow, first post here and you swear, I hope you have a serious reason to be so aggressive !

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

gukase
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/12/2017 - 03:04
Posts: 7
Location: Russia

I’m an angry Russian Crazy
http://forum.fonarevka.ru/showthread.php?t=36309
We hoped that there will be at least simple step-down driver, not direct drive….. And I can give some more money for normal driver, but there’s no option “normal driver”. Sorry for my ugly English. Vodka, bear, balalayka, caviar.

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 12848
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

gukase wrote:

Sorry for my ugly English.

If your English isn't so great, that's not a problem, but please refrain from swearing.

It's against the rules here at BLF because we want the forum to be family friendly.  ;)

-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2698
Location: France, Angers

gukase wrote:
I’m an angry Russian Crazy
http://forum.fonarevka.ru/showthread.php?t=36309
We hoped that there will be at least simple step-down driver, not direct drive….. And I can give some more money for normal driver, but there’s no option “normal driver”. Sorry for my ugly English. Vodka, bear, balalayka, caviar.

Wow you seem very mature…
Care to explain why the fact that it is a FET driver makes it a “piece of sh**” ?
I think that this kind of driver is already used is some of the best seller on BLF, and while I’m not really fond of direct drive it’s only used on Turbo.
If I’m not mistaken, the D4 uses a FET +7135, allowing to be regulated at lower levels no ?

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

gukase
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/12/2017 - 03:04
Posts: 7
Location: Russia

X3 wrote:
gukase wrote:
I’m an angry Russian Crazy
http://forum.fonarevka.ru/showthread.php?t=36309
We hoped that there will be at least simple step-down driver, not direct drive….. And I can give some more money for normal driver, but there’s no option “normal driver”. Sorry for my ugly English. Vodka, bear, balalayka, caviar.

Wow you seem very mature…
Care to explain why the fact that it is a FET driver makes it a “piece of sh**” ?
I think that this kind of driver is already used is some of the best seller on BLF, and while I’m not really fond of direct drive it’s only used on Turbo.
If I’m not mistaken, the D4 uses a FET +7135, allowing to be regulated at lower levels no ?

What about efficiency and PWM? One 7135 will give ~380 mA, wouldn’t it? So what should I do with 380 mA light?
kiriba-ru
kiriba-ru's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 01/17/2016 - 02:34
Posts: 1894
Location: Russia

X3 wrote:

Care to explain why the fact that it is a FET driver makes it a “piece of sh**” ?
I think that this kind of driver is already used is some of the best seller on BLF, and while I’m not really fond of direct drive it’s only used on Turbo.
If I’m not mistaken, the D4 uses a FET +7135, allowing to be regulated at lower levels no ?

This host can carry 5-7W for long time. Which mod do you suggest for this? How much output will it give with HE4@4.2V, with NCR@3.2V?
luminarium iaculator
luminarium iaculator's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/07/2013 - 09:09
Posts: 2280
Location: X
gukase wrote:
I’m an angry Russian Crazy http://forum.fonarevka.ru/showthread.php?t=36309 We hoped that there will be at least simple step-down driver, not direct drive….. And I can give some more money for normal driver, but there’s no option “normal driver”. Sorry for my ugly English. Vodka, bear, balalayka, caviar.

Just use other mods. Turbo only when needed. If you’ll not take photos or video you’ll not notice PWM on lower mods.

Modding is making something how you want it to be, not how it comes stock...

Old-Lumens

-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2698
Location: France, Angers

Okay, wrong neighbourhood…
Good luck Hank Wang.

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

gukase
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/12/2017 - 03:04
Posts: 7
Location: Russia

I have M43 and I love it. And I want to have SC600-like flashlight from Hank. But DD killed my dream.

Pages