Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

17371 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wieselflinkpro
Wieselflinkpro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 min ago
Joined: 05/21/2015 - 04:34
Posts: 944
Location: Germany - TLF

@The Miller: could you please post or link this in the OP?

Tom E wrote:


Its from http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1180400#comment-1180400
Uselesshippy
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/16/2017 - 07:06
Posts: 8

I only put my name down for 1, but is it possible to order a second at that price? I think I saw a post earlier saying that it might be?
Do I need a new code to do this?
Thanks.

Steenbhg
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 months ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 04:34
Posts: 9
Location: Central CA, USA

Hello The Miller,
Perhaps you can provide some insight. I was ordering 2 of the 4 Q8s I had signed up for, — using 2 separate transactions. The first went through correctly, but the second charged my Paypal account $99 even though I used the code.
When I contacted Banggood, I was told, “please see the photo below ? The price is for $99.”
I have tried to explain how the code is supposed to work but it doesn’t seem like they get what I am talking about.
I’m sorry to be a problem at such an exciting time — do you know how I might proceed?
Thank you,
Steenbhg

brianch
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/11/2017 - 18:59
Posts: 9
Location: Canada

how important is insurance? was so excited I completely forgot to add it…
also I’ve never ordered batteries from BG before. any concern about authenticity? got some 30q buttontops.

Brian C

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5533
Location: Germany
Steenbhg wrote:
Hello The Miller, Perhaps you can provide some insight. I was ordering 2 of the 4 Q8s I had signed up for, — using 2 separate transactions. The first went through correctly, but the second charged my Paypal account $99 even though I used the code. When I contacted Banggood, I was told, “please see the photo below ? The price is for $99.” I have tried to explain how the code is supposed to work but it doesn’t seem like they get what I am talking about. I’m sorry to be a problem at such an exciting time — do you know how I might proceed? Thank you, Steenbhg

If the light is not shipped you should be able to cancel the order even after Payment

Nord
Nord's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/28/2017 - 07:10
Posts: 123
Location: The Nord
brianch wrote:
how important is insurance? was so excited I completely forgot to add it… also I’ve never ordered batteries from BG before. any concern about authenticity? got some 30q buttontops.

I wouldn’t worry about the insurance. Especially if you payed via Paypal. If it doesn’t show up or is broken then you can get a refund pretty easily. Most credit cards offer this protection as well. I did not do the insurance.

Nord Dictatorship:

Flashlight design violations-

Long press for off - Death Penalty
High ride clip - 35 years hard labor
Protruding side switch - 15 years in prison
Memory mode only after X seconds - 12 years in prison
Only offering outdated Cree emitters - 10 years in prison

*Latest Statutes*

"Two-way" clips - 25 years in prison

Further legislation underway

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9908
Location: Charente France

Wieselflinkpro wrote:
@The Miller: could you please post or link this in the OP?

Tom E wrote:


Its from http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1180400#comment-1180400

done
gehrmo
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 05/28/2013 - 19:53
Posts: 107
Location: Bribie Island,Australia

First PM ed best dressed

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9908
Location: Charente France

Uselesshippy wrote:
I only put my name down for 1, but is it possible to order a second at that price? I think I saw a post earlier saying that it might be?
Do I need a new code to do this?
Thanks.

yes, PM incoming
Steenbhg wrote:
Hello The Miller, Perhaps you can provide some insight. I was ordering 2 of the 4 Q8s I had signed up for, — using 2 separate transactions. The first went through correctly, but the second charged my Paypal account $99 even though I used the code. When I contacted Banggood, I was told, “please see the photo below ? The price is for $99.” I have tried to explain how the code is supposed to work but it doesn’t seem like they get what I am talking about. I’m sorry to be a problem at such an exciting time — do you know how I might proceed? Thank you, Steenbhg

wow, just cancel.
Can you try again with code making sure there are no other products checked to be added to the order?

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9908
Location: Charente France

Lowtech wrote:
Someone on reddit selling his code… Angry

The Miller wrote:
hahahahaha selling a code, let me check.
If somebody needs a code, just PM me Smile You get it free!

found it, luckily we have a big buffer for some extra codes, sure was funny to read though, thanks for the heads up!
peabody
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 11/13/2015 - 05:04
Posts: 275

1031 and counting

bella-headlight
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 01/10/2016 - 16:17
Posts: 1180
Location: United Kingdom

I got up to find 3 emails from BG stating that my 3 x Q8“s have shipped Smile
I chose free shipping which states 12-20 days to my destination Smile
My experience is that things from BG normally take about 12-14 days if there are no hitches so I am hoping to have my Q8“s around the 20th -22nd Thumbs Up
Over 1000 lights ordered at $40 a light =$40,000 plus.
Plus how many cells maybe 2000 plus at around another $10,000, assuming half the purchasers have also bought 4 cells each ?
Plus people have bought chargers specifically because of this GB Smile
“bean counters” somewhere are going to be happy with this GB Wink

Ian

Lowtech
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/19/2017 - 05:13
Posts: 170
Location: Sweden
The Miller wrote:
Lowtech wrote:
Someone on reddit selling his code… Angry
The Miller wrote:
hahahahaha selling a code, let me check. If somebody needs a code, just PM me Smile You get it free!
found it, luckily we have a big buffer for some extra codes, sure was funny to read though, thanks for the heads up!

Might not be a big issue but if 50 or 100 people sign up for projects for alot more then they intend to use with the intent to sell the code it probably will cause alot more work and issues.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 56 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 11888
Location: Houston Texas
Nord wrote:
brianch wrote:
how important is insurance? was so excited I completely forgot to add it… also I’ve never ordered batteries from BG before. any concern about authenticity? got some 30q buttontops.

I wouldn’t worry about the insurance. Especially if you payed via Paypal. If it doesn’t show up or is broken then you can get a refund pretty easily. Most credit cards offer this protection as well. I did not do the insurance.


Purchase Protection is a free option that you have to activate in Paypal. Make sure you do that.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links.

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9908
Location: Charente France
Lowtech wrote:
The Miller wrote:
Lowtech wrote:
Someone on reddit selling his code… Angry
The Miller wrote:
hahahahaha selling a code, let me check. If somebody needs a code, just PM me Smile You get it free!
found it, luckily we have a big buffer for some extra codes, sure was funny to read though, thanks for the heads up!

Might not be a big issue but if 50 or 100 people sign up for projects for alot more then they intend to use with the intent to sell the code it probably will cause alot more work and issues.

we cant stop that, but we can have the BLF specials available for as many people as possible, so there is no need to get the via these shady peeps Smile

ikkentobi
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 11/18/2016 - 13:02
Posts: 66
Location: Bavaria

Ordered.

Nord
Nord's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/28/2017 - 07:10
Posts: 123
Location: The Nord
JasonWW wrote:
Nord wrote:
brianch wrote:
how important is insurance? was so excited I completely forgot to add it… also I’ve never ordered batteries from BG before. any concern about authenticity? got some 30q buttontops.

I wouldn’t worry about the insurance. Especially if you payed via Paypal. If it doesn’t show up or is broken then you can get a refund pretty easily. Most credit cards offer this protection as well. I did not do the insurance.


Purchase Protection is a free option that you have to activate in Paypal. Make sure you do that.

You don’t have to activate anything in order to get your money back for a no-show or broken purchase through PayPal. Have been through it multiple times and have never activated anything.

It goes through to my credit card anyway, which has its own protections. The CC will even give me my money back simply if I want to return it for any reason at all and the seller won’t accept returns.

Nord Dictatorship:

Flashlight design violations-

Long press for off - Death Penalty
High ride clip - 35 years hard labor
Protruding side switch - 15 years in prison
Memory mode only after X seconds - 12 years in prison
Only offering outdated Cree emitters - 10 years in prison

*Latest Statutes*

"Two-way" clips - 25 years in prison

Further legislation underway

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 46 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 7814
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

selling a code???

can i get the link to that? Big Smile

btw: 3 people who did not want to join because they do not spek english asked me for the other code...
-> the price for NON groupbuy people is 46.50 with my code and it will be promoted by banggood around 50 USD. 

 

already member of M4DM4X.com ?

the best deals are waiting for YOU!

BIG THANKS for helping me by using my REFLinks

before you buy elsewhere mail me: MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will try to save you money!

Uselesshippy
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/16/2017 - 07:06
Posts: 8

Perfect, thank you, Ordered.

Tete
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 07/24/2012 - 15:36
Posts: 187
Location: Finland

Ordered! And thankfully I was able to get the buttontop 30Q’s for it from BG earlier for a good price… Smile

Uselesshippy
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/16/2017 - 07:06
Posts: 8
The Miller wrote:
Uselesshippy wrote:
I only put my name down for 1, but is it possible to order a second at that price? I think I saw a post earlier saying that it might be? Do I need a new code to do this? Thanks.
yes, PM incoming

Perfect, thanks. Ordered

Paul321
Paul321's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 1 min ago
Joined: 03/07/2015 - 09:44
Posts: 682
Location: Hawleyville, USA

JasonWW wrote:
Purchase Protection is a free option that you have to activate in Paypal. Make sure you do that.
Facepalm Oh Crap, did not know that. But future purchases will definitely have it. thanks for the tip JasonWW.
I did not add “tracking” as well I ‘m flying blind.

Paul-

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 21 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 16163
Location: Amsterdam

Hi Miller, how many hours did you sleep last night? Wink

Nord
Nord's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/28/2017 - 07:10
Posts: 123
Location: The Nord
Paul321 wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
Purchase Protection is a free option that you have to activate in Paypal. Make sure you do that.
Facepalm Oh Crap, did not know that. But future purchases will definitely have it. thanks for the tip JasonWW. I did not add “tracking” as well I ‘m flying blind.

If there is an issue you will get a refund from PayPal. I don’t know what Jason is talking about but I’ve never needed to “activate” anything.

If you think about it that would be pretty absurd, to be denied a no-show claim because you didn’t activate something that literally everyone would of course want.

Nord Dictatorship:

Flashlight design violations-

Long press for off - Death Penalty
High ride clip - 35 years hard labor
Protruding side switch - 15 years in prison
Memory mode only after X seconds - 12 years in prison
Only offering outdated Cree emitters - 10 years in prison

*Latest Statutes*

"Two-way" clips - 25 years in prison

Further legislation underway

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9908
Location: Charente France

djozz wrote:
Hi Miller, how many hours did you sleep last night? Wink

A lot actually
02 to 08, nice
The night before was much less 12-01 02-04 05-06 I was really tired yesterday evening Wink
JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 56 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 11888
Location: Houston Texas
Nord wrote:
Paul321 wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
Purchase Protection is a free option that you have to activate in Paypal. Make sure you do that.
Facepalm Oh Crap, did not know that. But future purchases will definitely have it. thanks for the tip JasonWW. I did not add “tracking” as well I ‘m flying blind.

If there is an issue you will get a refund from PayPal. I don’t know what Jason is talking about but I’ve never needed to “activate” anything.

If you think about it that would be pretty absurd, to be denied a no-show claim because you didn’t activate something that literally everyone would of course want.


Are you in the US? I believe Paypal has different rules and regulations for different countries.

I agree it’s silly they had people do that, but I think you have to read and agree to their terms then you click the accept button.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links.

whitecitadel
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 12/30/2014 - 05:58
Posts: 85
Location: London, UK

1040 orders now in! Big Smile
(inc mine)

As I checked out in Sterling I missed that BG had defaulted to some sort of priority air shipping at extra $$ which they seem to do all the time now Evil – oh well not going to touch the order now it will only go wrong!

Lets hope Thorfire churn out more lights soon, because Winter is Coming…

Nord
Nord's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/28/2017 - 07:10
Posts: 123
Location: The Nord
JasonWW wrote:
Nord wrote:
Paul321 wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
Purchase Protection is a free option that you have to activate in Paypal. Make sure you do that.
Facepalm Oh Crap, did not know that. But future purchases will definitely have it. thanks for the tip JasonWW. I did not add “tracking” as well I ‘m flying blind.

If there is an issue you will get a refund from PayPal. I don’t know what Jason is talking about but I’ve never needed to “activate” anything.

If you think about it that would be pretty absurd, to be denied a no-show claim because you didn’t activate something that literally everyone would of course want.


Are you in the US? I believe Paypal has different rules and regulations for different countries.

I agree it’s silly they had people do that, but I think you have to read and agree to their terms then you click the accept button.

I’m in the U.S.

Perhaps some things have changed over time or that the guidelines have not been universally enforced?

Either way I don’t think anyone will have much of an issue if they make a claim that a product sent from China didn’t arrive or was broken on arrival.

I don’t think there will be much shipping issues anyway, or at least we hope.

Nord Dictatorship:

Flashlight design violations-

Long press for off - Death Penalty
High ride clip - 35 years hard labor
Protruding side switch - 15 years in prison
Memory mode only after X seconds - 12 years in prison
Only offering outdated Cree emitters - 10 years in prison

*Latest Statutes*

"Two-way" clips - 25 years in prison

Further legislation underway

jsmn4vu
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 11/13/2015 - 08:39
Posts: 43
Location: South of Atlanta

Flashlight shipped already! Banggood writes:

“Thank you for shopping on Banggood.com. Your order has been shipped. You can log into your Banggood account to check its status and details.”

Initially, they had projected an Oct. 10 ship date.

Nord
Nord's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/28/2017 - 07:10
Posts: 123
Location: The Nord

Items often will be marked “shipped” once a shipping label is merely created.

We’ll see if it’s truly “shipped” or if it’s actually China/ebay style “shipped”

Nord Dictatorship:

Flashlight design violations-

Long press for off - Death Penalty
High ride clip - 35 years hard labor
Protruding side switch - 15 years in prison
Memory mode only after X seconds - 12 years in prison
Only offering outdated Cree emitters - 10 years in prison

*Latest Statutes*

"Two-way" clips - 25 years in prison

Further legislation underway

Pages