Test/review of Shockli IMR26650 5500mAh (Black) 2017

169 posts / 0 new
Last post
Agro
Online
Last seen: 3 min 4 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 3114
Location: Ślōnsk

But why take a 5700 mAh cell (measured at 0.2C, 5900 with lower rate) and mark it as 5500 mAh?
Why take a 55A cell and say it’s 5000 mAh?

The only thing that comes to my mind is that they wanted to leave themselves some space to downgrade the cell and still meet their own specs.
Do I think that’s the real reason? No, I simply don’t know.

Frankly, I find it tempting to buy the knowledge. But buying 4 sets of cells when I just need 1 (cell, not set) is a gross overkill…

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3143
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Agro, for me there's no good reason to downgrade a product, this is a looking for trouble attitude. Effort must be put in an industrial product for it to meet its specs within tight margin the entirety of its life.
Batteries aren't toys, and for a wrap I strictly prefer to stick to actual manufacturer specifications no matter how good or wrong they may look, it's their standards. In fact I prefer the OEM's wrap.
By the way, look at this sweet sale (not for overseas, kills the Free Shipping deal): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Liitokala-2PCS-26650-rechargeable-battery-26650A-lithium-battery-3-7V-5100mA-26650-50A-blue-Suitable-for/1000004139007.html Rock bottom price and up to 6 pieces! 
 
Cheers Party
Originally posted on Thu, 01/04/2018 - 23:00. Edited to fix font size.
Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3629
Location: Vancouver, Canada

The shockli is definitely the best of all those, at least for capacity and minimum voltage drop.

Agro
Online
Last seen: 3 min 4 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 3114
Location: Ślōnsk

Barkuti wrote:
Agro, for me there’s no good reason to downgrade a product, this is a looking for trouble attitude. Effort must be put in an industrial product for it to meet its specs within tight margin the entirety of its life.

Batteries aren’t toys, and for a wrap I strictly prefer to stick to actual manufacturer specifications no matter how good or wrong they may look, it’s their standards. In fact I prefer the OEM’s wrap.


By the way, look at this sweet sale (not for overseas, kills the Free Shipping deal): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Liitokala-2PCS-26650-rechargeable-battery-26650A-lithium-battery-3-7V-5100mA-26650-50A-blue-Suitable-for/1000004139007.html Rock bottom price and up to 6 pieces! 

 

Cheers Party

Good find with PLB specifying @ 1C. HKJ result is still higher, but not much. I’d say it’s fully consistent with the hypothesis that he actually tested a PLB cell.

Shockli specifies 1A instead…

You ask why downgrade? To first get good reviews then save money. While still meeting their specs. I still don’t see another explanation and still am not satisfied with this one.

BTW I already have a 26650-50A and want to order something better for the UT-02 I’m waiting for. Love

Agro
Online
Last seen: 3 min 4 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 3114
Location: Ślōnsk

Enderman wrote:
The shockli is definitely the best of all those, at least for capacity and minimum voltage drop.

Have you measured those or seen anyone doing so?
Because I would totally expect at least the Keeppowers to be exactly what HKJ tested. That’s because we haven’t seen any other cell near this capacity.
Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3629
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Agro wrote:

Have you measured those or seen anyone doing so?
Because I would totally expect at least the Keeppowers to be exactly what HKJ tested. That’s because we haven’t seen any other cell near this capacity.

Only HJK for the shockli.
I haven’t seen anyone test those 6Ah keepowers, do you have any links to tests?
Since the other keepower batteries have the advertised capacities then I would assume these 6Ah ones do too, so yeah that would be about the same as the shockli which has about 5.9Ah because it is underrated.
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common26650comparator.php
However, if you compare a 5200mAh keepower vs a 5200mAh shockli on HJK’s tests you can see that the shockli has lower voltage drop under load.
Until there are some concrete tests on these 6Ah keepowers I think it is safe to assume that their performance will be similar to above, with slightly more voltage drop than shockli.
Agro
Online
Last seen: 3 min 4 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 3114
Location: Ślōnsk

Tests of others? Null, nicht, nada. Sad
I don’t think there are many 5900 mAh cells on the market, so I expect KP and Shockli to be exactly the same.
But that’s a guess, not more no less.

Agro
Online
Last seen: 3 min 4 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 3114
Location: Ślōnsk

I got a message from Shockli’s Simon:

"Simon" wrote:
For shockli 26650 5500mAh ,the minimum capacity is 5500mah on the 0.5C (0.5*5.5=2.75A) discharge current . It is our test standards .

normally the discharge current smaller ,the capacity will higher .so HKJ measures it over 5700@0.2C

If test in my experience

the minimum capacity is 5500mah on the 0.5C
the average capacity is 5600-5800mah on the 0.5C

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3143
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

PLB's INR26650-55A cell is rated at 1C discharge (5.5A) down to 2.75V. Since cells must meet a minimum capacity rating it a wise thing is to state a slightly “underrated” average cell performance in order for even the lower performing cells to qualify. 1C rating and “long cycle life” make sense for the electric vehicle market.

You can ask Shockli's Simon who's the OEM behind their “5500mAh” cell, too. 

 

Cheers Smile

 

Agro
Online
Last seen: 3 min 4 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 3114
Location: Ślōnsk

Yet another brand offering “5500 mAh” cells:
http://www.rofislight.com/products/rofis-mr70/

Shockli-Simon
Shockli-Simon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 09/30/2015 - 03:28
Posts: 24
Location: china
Enderman wrote:
Agro wrote:
Have you measured those or seen anyone doing so? Because I would totally expect at least the Keeppowers to be exactly what HKJ tested. That’s because we haven’t seen any other cell near this capacity.
Only HJK for the shockli. I haven’t seen anyone test those 6Ah keepowers, do you have any links to tests? Since the other keepower batteries have the advertised capacities then I would assume these 6Ah ones do too, so yeah that would be about the same as the shockli which has about 5.9Ah because it is underrated. http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common26650comparator.php However, if you compare a 5200mAh keepower vs a 5200mAh shockli on HJK’s tests you can see that the shockli has lower voltage drop under load. Until there are some concrete tests on these 6Ah keepowers I think it is safe to assume that their performance will be similar to above, with slightly more voltage drop than shockli.

Dear Tom E ,Newlumen,Etex,Mattlward,Enderman,Smittymojo,wolfdog,Agro and use 26650 5500mah customer

Sorry to bother you. I have some question. Need your help.Thanks
Now I will sorting out which flashlight and e-cigarette models can fit the 26650 5500mah battery.so we can give some guidance for the BLF member when they buy. thanks very much, welcome to discuss.
Would you share your valuable experience that which flashlight and e-cigarette models can fit the 26650 5500mah battery.
Today Richard share the Convoy L6 can use the shockli 26650 5500mah battery .
Welcome feedback.

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1900
Location: United states

Yes sir. I just went over my 26650 lights with the shockli 26650 5500 mah ( button top and flat top).

Conoy l6. Button top works.
Convoy l2. Button top or flat top works.
Convoy x3. Button top or flat top works.
Fourseven mmu-x3. Button top or flat top works
Manker u21. Button top or flat top works
Lumintop sd26. Button top or flat top works
Olight rd50 seeker.. button top works only. Flat top is too short.
Thrunite tc20. Button top or flat top works
Jaxman z1. Button top or flat top ok.
Lumintop odf30. Button top or flat top works.

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3143
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

Shockli-Simon, since you know your cell is this one, sharing size and footprint with the popular LiitoKala INR26650-50A/Lii-50A, you can also benefit from users of this later cell's reports with regards to flashlight or any other gear's suitability. 

Newlumen wrote:

Olight sd26 seeker.. button top works only. Flat top is too short.

Did you mean the R50 Seeker? Self screwing up themselves, an Olight classic. Greedy lads and lasses, imho.

 

Cheers Smile

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1900
Location: United states

Yes. I edited it..

Shockli-Simon
Shockli-Simon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 09/30/2015 - 03:28
Posts: 24
Location: china

Dear Newlumen

You’ve listed 7 models of flashlights. Thanks for your information. You are enthusiastic, like a flashlight in the dark, can bring light to everyone.

Agro
Online
Last seen: 3 min 4 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 3114
Location: Ślōnsk

Shockli-Simon – I don’t have much add to the Newlumen’s list. I’ll check with UT-02 once my batteries arrive. As Manker u21 works, this one should too.

Several posts before I asked for independent measurements of several batteries. Now I see some in Aliexpress Feedback:
Liitokala 55A: 4990, 4990, 5040, 5080, 5100, 5130, 5200, 5300, 5300, 5400, 5450, 5480, 5490, 5510, 5580, 5600, 5640, 5660, 5690, 5690, 5770, 5802, 5920
Dolidada 55A: 5570, 5650, 5710, 5760
I discarded some measurements that seemed way off (2xxx mAh…) or not legit or I just wasn’t sure.

Overall, Liitokala is all over the map. It may be that they use various cells under the wraps. Dolidada is more consistent, but it may be due to smaller sample size.

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3143
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

Agro, there's no official reference to a 5500mAh 26650 cell in the LiitoKala chinese website.

New single slot LiitoKala Lii-S1 charger, looks like an Lii-100 without powerbank function and a nicer display:

 

 

 

Cheers Party

Agro
Online
Last seen: 3 min 4 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 3114
Location: Ślōnsk
Shockli-Simon wrote:
Enderman wrote:
Agro wrote:
Have you measured those or seen anyone doing so? Because I would totally expect at least the Keeppowers to be exactly what HKJ tested. That’s because we haven’t seen any other cell near this capacity.
Only HJK for the shockli. I haven’t seen anyone test those 6Ah keepowers, do you have any links to tests? Since the other keepower batteries have the advertised capacities then I would assume these 6Ah ones do too, so yeah that would be about the same as the shockli which has about 5.9Ah because it is underrated. http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common26650comparator.php However, if you compare a 5200mAh keepower vs a 5200mAh shockli on HJK’s tests you can see that the shockli has lower voltage drop under load. Until there are some concrete tests on these 6Ah keepowers I think it is safe to assume that their performance will be similar to above, with slightly more voltage drop than shockli.

Dear Tom E ,Newlumen,Etex,Mattlward,Enderman,Smittymojo,wolfdog,Agro and use 26650 5500mah customer

Sorry to bother you. I have some question. Need your help.Thanks
Now I will sorting out which flashlight and e-cigarette models can fit the 26650 5500mah battery.so we can give some guidance for the BLF member when they buy. thanks very much, welcome to discuss.
Would you share your valuable experience that which flashlight and e-cigarette models can fit the 26650 5500mah battery.
Today Richard share the Convoy L6 can use the shockli 26650 5500mah battery .
Welcome feedback.


Flat top works with UTorch UT02. Smile
Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 1900
Location: United states

Your welcome.. i also got the thrunite tc20 today.. shockli flat top and button top works perfect in this light..

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1943
Location: US

I just received my Shockli from Mountain Electronics and my Xtar Dragon VP4 Plus tested it at 5,948 mah. The test current is 1A.

In comparison the Xtar 26650 5000mAh 3.6V Protected cell from BatteryJunction tested at 5,224 mah.

Speed4goal
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 06/11/2016 - 13:03
Posts: 1204
Location: Bay, St. Louis Mississippi

Agro wrote:
But why take a 5700 mAh cell (measured at 0.2C, 5900 with lower rate) and mark it as 5500 mAh?
Why take a 55A cell and say it’s 5000 mAh?

The only thing that comes to my mind is that they wanted to leave themselves some space to downgrade the cell and still meet their own specs.
Do I think that’s the real reason? No, I simply don’t know.

Frankly, I find it tempting to buy the knowledge. But buying 4 sets of cells when I just need 1 (cell, not set) is a gross overkill…

Here’s what I’ve found with alot of cells. They always test higher then there rated capacity. With a few exceptions. Every 20r, 25r, he2. He4, VTc 3 4 5, the 26650 liito kala cells. That I have purchased and tested. Only the hg2 abd 30q test around 2900-3000 but there typical capacity is 2900 Even the 5200 Evva cells tested at 5500 and the 4200 version was over 4500. It gives them a safety net. If you say 2000 mah cell and it test 1900 some people will complain even though the typical capacity is lower then rated capacity on some cells. It’s better to under rate your product. Like lots of businesses do. How many times have you ordered from Walmart online or another retailer and it says 2 week delivery and it arrives in 4 5 days. You are happy it arrived early. Had they said it estimated delivery is in 4 days and it takes 2 weeks your gonna be pissed. You don’t over promise to your customers. Just like we see on here especially thorfire underrated there lights. The original s70 was putting out over 4000 otf lumens but rated at what 3000 lumens Same with the vg10 and other manufacturers we have seen this with. You don’t over promise and under deliver it’s bad business. Doesn’t matter if you have 99 100%happy customers. That 1 customer who isn’t happy can cause a world of hurt to your company and sales. Bad news travels faster then good news. Shockli and all the big 4 battery makers would be stupid to switch in a lower performance cell. Look at all the flak Efest has gotten through the years for their shady practices. They know their market is mostly technology freaks with equipment to test their product. And most people test their cells when they first get them as soon as a inferior cell would be switched in it would be found as soon as that batch ships. As what happens with efest and imren rewrapped cells. With those two you might get a good cell or you might get a 10 amp or laptop cell with a wrapper saying 20 or 30 amps

2/9 Fox Co (2009-2015) Semper Fi 0311/0331 Rifleman/Machine Gunner
Blf has changed a lot since I've been here. Lots of snow flakes and easily offended over nothing. When the forum use to be great and people joked around and could take a joke. It's a forum it's not that serious. Let's make BLF great again!

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3629
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Yeah, there are normal variations between batches or even individual cells and it would be bad if they sold a battery as 5900mah if half the time it doesn’t get that.
Also different devices measure the capacity slightly differently, or down to different discharge voltages, or using different discharge currents, so saying 5500 is a safe bet when it can definitely do that or more.

shadockan
shadockan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 18 hours ago
Joined: 09/06/2014 - 06:14
Posts: 102
Location: Trikala Greece

The PLB discharged the battery with 0.2C (1.1A).
With such a discharge, the battery delivers nearly 6000mAh (5900mAh)

The 5700 – 5800mAh, therefore, is not strange to see someone with such discharges.

But above, I saw battery measurements with Opus.
The measurements, however, were during charging.
Opus during charging measures the total current flowing from the circuit.
For the result to be right, it should be subtracted ± 300mAh.

The most accurate measurement to look at battery capacity should be made by discharging.

shadockan
shadockan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 18 hours ago
Joined: 09/06/2014 - 06:14
Posts: 102
Location: Trikala Greece

The PLB discharged the battery with 0.2C (1.1A).
With such a discharge, the battery delivers nearly 6000mAh (5900mAh)

The 5700 – 5800mAh, therefore, is not strange to see someone with such discharges.

But above, I saw battery measurements with Opus.
The measurements, however, were during charging.
Opus during charging measures the total current flowing from the circuit.
For the result to be right, it should be subtracted ± 300mAh.

The most accurate measurement to look at battery capacity should be made by discharging.

This is the PLB test :

http://gr.plb-batterypack.com/Content/ue/net/upload1/Other/31531/6360981...

Leonardo
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 08:53
Posts: 2
Location: Italy

Hi, I bought these batteries Shockli 26650 5500mAh (top button) a few days ago and I tested them on my 3600 lumen (each) underwater torches. Preaviously I had “common” batteries that didn’t run the cree led (3x XM-L2) at maximum capability; now the difference is clear. I am very happy for the results and I can confirm the very good drainage capacity. These is a real high current cell with very good capacity!

Many thanks to Simon (Marketing Director) for availability and professionalism shown!

Leo

Flummi
Flummi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/01/2016 - 01:47
Posts: 15
Location: Germany
Shockli-Simon wrote:
Enderman wrote:
Agro wrote:
Have you measured those or seen anyone doing so? Because I would totally expect at least the Keeppowers to be exactly what HKJ tested. That’s because we haven’t seen any other cell near this capacity.
Only HJK for the shockli. I haven’t seen anyone test those 6Ah keepowers, do you have any links to tests? Since the other keepower batteries have the advertised capacities then I would assume these 6Ah ones do too, so yeah that would be about the same as the shockli which has about 5.9Ah because it is underrated. http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common26650comparator.php However, if you compare a 5200mAh keepower vs a 5200mAh shockli on HJK’s tests you can see that the shockli has lower voltage drop under load. Until there are some concrete tests on these 6Ah keepowers I think it is safe to assume that their performance will be similar to above, with slightly more voltage drop than shockli.

Dear Tom E ,Newlumen,Etex,Mattlward,Enderman,Smittymojo,wolfdog,Agro and use 26650 5500mah customer

Sorry to bother you. I have some question. Need your help.Thanks
Now I will sorting out which flashlight and e-cigarette models can fit the 26650 5500mah battery.so we can give some guidance for the BLF member when they buy. thanks very much, welcome to discuss.
Would you share your valuable experience that which flashlight and e-cigarette models can fit the 26650 5500mah battery.
Today Richard share the Convoy L6 can use the shockli 26650 5500mah battery .
Welcome feedback.

I can confirm that Shockli 26650 5500mAh (button top) fits in the following flashlights:

- ThruNite TC20
- Acebeam EC50 II
- Acebeam EC60
- HaikeLite SC01
- HaikeLite SC02
- Imalent DN70
- DQG Tiny 26650 III
- OnTheRoad X5
- Convoy L6
- Convoy BD06
- KDY K5 (battery is a little too small, tailcap spring has to be stretched)

Pressfit / no fit:
- Palight Star GS1200
- Eagle Eye X7

start90a
start90a's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 04/17/2016 - 11:18
Posts: 101

Received my Shockli IMR 5500 FLAT top after about 3 or 4 weeks (to arrive in Italy from China).
They were perfectly boxed, with a double battery case and two little magnets to use them in series!

I tried them on my TC20 and worked greatly, now I’m waiting the Acebeam EC50 gen III to be back in stock and try them with it (Acebeam original 26650 battery is not good enough for a 1500 lm or more flashlight..).

P.S. I noticed that they works also in series without magnets Thumbs Up

Thanks Simon Beer

Satan@103TFS
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 46 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2017 - 12:51
Posts: 376

start90a wrote:
Received my Shockli IMR 5500 FLAT top after about 3 or 4 weeks (to arrive in Italy from China).
They were perfectly boxed, with a double battery case and two little magnets to use them in series!

I tried them on my TC20 and worked greatly, now I’m waiting the Acebeam EC50 gen III to be back in stock and try them with it (Acebeam original 26650 battery is not good enough for a 1500 lm or more flashlight..).

P.S. I noticed that they works also in series without magnets Thumbs Up

Thanks Simon Beer

Where are you order ? Link please.

start90a
start90a's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 04/17/2016 - 11:18
Posts: 101

I ordered directly from Simon, you can write him here on BLF in PM or via customer care of Shockli official page.

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 3143
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

Pages