The FW3A a TLF BLF special elegant triple powerful flashlight

3941 posts / 0 new
Last post
Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 40 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 2617
Location: California

Any updates on the status of this project?

Are we still looking at a 2018 release?

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 1894
Location: Portugal

Firelight2 wrote:
Any updates on the status of this project?

Are we still looking at a 2018 release?

Here are TKs recent answers to my similar question Wink

ToyKeeper wrote:
I think we’re mostly waiting on communication delays lately. Has been hard to get a response when people are busy trying to catch up from CNY.

ToyKeeper wrote:
I’d give more answers, but it’d only be speculation. I don’t have direct contact with Lumintop, and haven’t seen most of the communication behind the scenes.

As far as features go, I’m not sure about some hardware details like emitter type, but the basic host design is unlikely to change much and the firmware is mostly ready. The UI is Anduril, which is sort of like an evolution of Narsil, so it has lots of features. Smooth ramp or a mode group, both configurable, with lots of extras like blinkies and special modes. I should probably put a summary in one of the first-page posts.

DB Custom said: "Hide your billfold, cut up your credit cards... you're a perfect candidate for full blown flashaholism and will soon need dedicated flashlight cabinets. [...] Have fun! Modding is next... :P" 

REVIEWS : Amutorch S3 - XPG3-S3 /  AM S3 vs Neal 219c  /  Amutorch AM30 - XHP70.2 / Nitefox UT20 / Sofirn SF14 & SP10A / Sofirn SP32A / Sofirn SP10B / Odepro KL52 / Acebeam H20 / SS AAA / Wuben TO10R / BlitzWolf BW-ET1 / Odepro B018 / DQG Slim Ti / XTAR PB2 Charger 

Mods and tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7                         Convoy S2+ TIR Lenses on: XML2 / XPL-HI                             Others: Convoy S2+ Mini (Biscotti 3 & 1*7135)

Sofirn K6 Discussion: 1 / 2 / 3                                Triple TIR Lenses & XP-G2                                     MY GIVEAWAY = ACTIVE

 

brtactical
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/11/2014 - 17:16
Posts: 24
Location: Brazil

please, add me on the interest list.

tks

NotSoBrightGuy
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 03/27/2018 - 13:23
Posts: 18
Location: Canada

Please put me in the list. I am new to this forum and I am not sure how to proceed.

BLF A6 / Astrolux A01 / Emistar D4 v2 Nichia 219C / Emisar D1s 5000K / Astrolux MF01 / BLF FWA3 (soon-ish)

miswas
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Joined: 11/20/2016 - 04:01
Posts: 45
Location: Seattle, Washington, USA

Hello,

 

I am currently #758 for 1 flashlight.  I would like to add another light to my total request; so, I am requesting to be put down for two (2) lights.

 

Could whoever is currently keeping track of such things (a truly thankless job!) properly adjust my light-number request?  Also, let me know if a different method of making this kind of request is preferred?

 

Many Thanks in advance! Smile

 

 

-Ben

miswas

 

-Ben Walker
miswas

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 7170
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3

pepinfaxera is currently tracking requests. They appeared suddenly from the ether when a need arose, and volunteered for a thankless tedious task. It’s kind of amazing.

… and I started writing a bot to try to do it, but I’ve been dragging my feet and it’s not ready yet.

pepinfaxera
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 06/25/2015 - 12:53
Posts: 182
Location: Gijón - Spain - Europe

ToyKeeper wrote:
… from the ether . … …
the ether
Science of years …?
Not so many, as a child, in school we still studied ether as “what fills the space”
Fluid transmitter of … light, etc.

Sorry for my bad English
(gogole translator)

Tjohn
Tjohn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 12/22/2015 - 07:22
Posts: 247
Location: the grid fringe ~ 5.134-35.572..Backwater Brazil
pepinfaxera][quote=ToyKeeper wrote:
… from the ether….

∆ TK spends part of her time on her Home Asteroid.

guerrilla154
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 05/11/2017 - 13:42
Posts: 18

I’m currently number 347, and would like a second spot reserved at the end of the current list for a total of 2 lights. Thanks!

JLightz
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/22/2018 - 09:49
Posts: 3
Location: Michigan

Am I on the list for 2?

 

pepinfaxera
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 06/25/2015 - 12:53
Posts: 182
Location: Gijón - Spain - Europe

JLightz wrote:
Am I on the list for 2?
You are number No. 1056 and 1057 on this post, updated by pepinfaxera:
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1255477#comment-1255477
.
How many units do you want in total?
.

Sorry for my bad English
(gogole translator)

JLightz
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/22/2018 - 09:49
Posts: 3
Location: Michigan

pepinfaxera wrote:
JLightz wrote:
Am I on the list for 2?
You are number No. 1056 and 1057 on this post, updated by pepinfaxera: http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1255477#comment-1255477 . How many units do you want in total? .

 

I would like 2 total, sorry I didn't see my name on the list.  Thanks!

beam0
beam0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/20/2011 - 23:18
Posts: 3195
Location: Pennsylvania

pepinfaxera wrote:
JLightz wrote:
Am I on the list for 2?
You are number No. 1056 and 1057 on this post, updated by pepinfaxera:
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1255477#comment-1255477
.
How many units do you want in total?
.

Where is the new list? Is it the post linked above?
I don’t appear to be on it… that list is missing numbers between #360 and #760. I’m # 378 on the original list, 1pc.

"Over 2000000 hours (about 200 years) standby time"  (DQG Tiny 4th)

"27,157 results for zoomable flashlight" (ebay)

 

 

pirate joe 22
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/26/2015 - 01:23
Posts: 115

im excited so put me down for 2 more NW
-
i hope there will be a choice of emitters or ……….
after the first run is done, do another GB with a different emitter….
after that do xhp 50 and a reflector

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 7170
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3

While I don’t know what the emitter will be, I can at least say it won’t be XHP 50. The voltage on those is too high and the driver can’t convert it. That would make this a totally different light.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Online
Last seen: 11 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 6124
Location: Houston Texas

beam0 wrote:

Where is the new list? Is it the post linked above?
I don’t appear to be on it… that list is missing numbers between #360 and #760. I’m # 378 on the original list, 1pc.

There are 2 lists. The older one on page 1 and the continuation on page 71.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware, lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70, Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos including GT 

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

 

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Online
Last seen: 39 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 2705
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Nearly a year in and not much news on this light…

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Online
Last seen: 11 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 6124
Location: Houston Texas

lionheart_2281 wrote:
Nearly a year in and not much news on this light…

Are you following the thread? There has been plenty of news.

If you missed it, search for posts by ToyKeeper. She has given the most updates on it.

Here is a link to Fritz15 post.
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1261997#comment-1261997
There is more development news on TLF, the German forum where Fritz15 mostly posts.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware, lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70, Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos including GT 

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

 

pepinfaxera
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 06/25/2015 - 12:53
Posts: 182
Location: Gijón - Spain - Europe
beam0 wrote:
Where is the new list? Is it the post linked above? I don’t appear to be on it… that list is missing numbers between #360 and #760. I’m # 378 on the original list, 1pc.
JasonWW wrote:
There are 2 lists. The older one on page 1 and the continuation on page 71.

Page 1, List of interests The Miller
numbers from 1 to 763

Page 71, From list of The Miller, bugs corrected.
numbers from 764 to 773

Page 71, Interest list updated by pepinfaxera,
numbers from 774 to the last post.

Sorry for my bad English
(gogole translator)

pepinfaxera
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 06/25/2015 - 12:53
Posts: 182
Location: Gijón - Spain - Europe

My problem is
Difficulty to communicatión
I ignore (not speak) (not understand) English Language
.
Only Google Translator
.

pirate joe 22 wrote:
im excited so put me down for 2 more NW
-
i hope there will be a choice of emitters or ……….
after the first run is done, do another GB with a different emitter….
after that do xhp 50 and a reflector

It is at No. 276, 277, 372, 373, 421 and 422 on the Interest list of The Miller, page 1
You are number No. 788 and 789 on this post, updated by pepinfaxera, page 71
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1255477#comment-1255477.
Add 8 requests

How many flaslights do you want in total? Total 8 flaslight The FW3A? … Total 12 flaslight The FW3A? … Total 16 flaslight The FW3A? …
Please, say: Total .x. torch; … Total .x. units; … Total .x. flashlight.

Sorry for my bad English
(gogole translator)

beam0
beam0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/20/2011 - 23:18
Posts: 3195
Location: Pennsylvania
pepinfaxera wrote:
beam0 wrote:
Where is the new list? Is it the post linked above? I don’t appear to be on it… that list is missing numbers between #360 and #760. I’m # 378 on the original list, 1pc.
JasonWW wrote:
There are 2 lists. The older one on page 1 and the continuation on page 71.

Page 1, List of interests The Miller
numbers from 1 to 763

Page 71, Correct errors list The Miller
numbers from 764 to 773

Page 71, Interest list updated by pepinfaxera
numbers from 774 to the last post.

Okay, I mistakenly took “updated” list as “redone” list, that’s why I was looking for my name on the updated list.

But now I see the updated list is a “continuation” of the original, (including some corrections)
Awesome, thanks for you time and hard work!

"Over 2000000 hours (about 200 years) standby time"  (DQG Tiny 4th)

"27,157 results for zoomable flashlight" (ebay)

 

 

beam0
beam0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/20/2011 - 23:18
Posts: 3195
Location: Pennsylvania

.

I really like the new tapered tube a lot better.

New:

.
Old:

.

.

.
New:

.
Old:

"Over 2000000 hours (about 200 years) standby time"  (DQG Tiny 4th)

"27,157 results for zoomable flashlight" (ebay)

 

 

PBWilson
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 08/24/2016 - 17:49
Posts: 432
Location: Rochester, NY

JasonWW wrote:
lionheart_2281 wrote:
Nearly a year in and not much news on this light…

Are you following the thread? There has been plenty of news.

If you missed it, search for posts by ToyKeeper. She has given the most updates on it.

Here is a link to Fritz15 post.
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1261997#comment-1261997
There is more development news on TLF, the German forum where Fritz15 mostly posts.

I understand why he might feel this way. The general design and UI are established, but the specifics are still elusive. Tapered or not? Bead-blasted or “right off the lathe?” Emitters? Options? Date?

Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 40 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 2617
Location: California

PBWilson wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
lionheart_2281 wrote:
Nearly a year in and not much news on this light…

Are you following the thread? There has been plenty of news.

If you missed it, search for posts by ToyKeeper. She has given the most updates on it.

Here is a link to Fritz15 post.
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1261997#comment-1261997
There is more development news on TLF, the German forum where Fritz15 mostly posts.

I understand why he might feel this way. The general design and UI are established, but the specifics are still elusive. Tapered or not? Bead-blasted or “right off the lathe?” Emitters? Options? Date?

Agreed. It’s already April and still no sign that this project is actually moving ahead. Are we looking at December 2018 release? June 2019?
Pulsar
Pulsar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 00:41
Posts: 5810
Location: Maine

Lumintop is supposed to be making the light.

I may be wrong, but I think Lumintop may be waiting to finish the GT production before beginning to start on this light

Tom Tom
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 09/10/2017 - 08:30
Posts: 602

It looks like an intriguing light, if it ever happens, so I would like to express my interest in two.

However I have my doubts about the complexity and precision (and weaknesses) needed to make the co-axial tubes purely to put an e-switch in the tail, instead of a simpler side switch in the head (my preference anyway).

Discussion of the aesthetics, taperings, raw or bead blast finish seem incidental to me. I will take it, provided it is is a marvel of packaging, performance (luminous and thermal), UI (not in doubt) etc.

Then there is the question of the manufacturer, and their willingness to perform. Presumably this would be their second special, following the GT. I’d like to think they will cope better with production and distribution this time, having learned.

Still hopeful, if this comes off it could be quite special.

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 7170
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3

Last I heard, Lumintop has a spreadsheet of things to change or fix and should now be working on a second round of prototypes. I’m not sure if this is being held back by the GT or any other projects, but I think we’ve just been waiting on Lumintop for the past month or two.

The new year most likely was the biggest reason for delays.

patmurris
patmurris's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 12/22/2014 - 15:54
Posts: 1153
Location: Nice, France

Is there any chance that this thread ownership would be transferred to a team account as it has been done for the GT thread? That would help keeping the first post and title up to date…

pinkpanda3310
pinkpanda3310's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 12/28/2013 - 08:45
Posts: 1510
Location: Perth

Thanks for keeping us informed with what you know TK Beer

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 1894
Location: Portugal
patmurris wrote:
Is there any chance that this thread ownership would be transferred to a team account as it has been done for the GT thread? That would help keeping the first post and title up to date…

It had been done a while ago…
See post #1 Wink

DB Custom said: "Hide your billfold, cut up your credit cards... you're a perfect candidate for full blown flashaholism and will soon need dedicated flashlight cabinets. [...] Have fun! Modding is next... :P" 

REVIEWS : Amutorch S3 - XPG3-S3 /  AM S3 vs Neal 219c  /  Amutorch AM30 - XHP70.2 / Nitefox UT20 / Sofirn SF14 & SP10A / Sofirn SP32A / Sofirn SP10B / Odepro KL52 / Acebeam H20 / SS AAA / Wuben TO10R / BlitzWolf BW-ET1 / Odepro B018 / DQG Slim Ti / XTAR PB2 Charger 

Mods and tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7                         Convoy S2+ TIR Lenses on: XML2 / XPL-HI                             Others: Convoy S2+ Mini (Biscotti 3 & 1*7135)

Sofirn K6 Discussion: 1 / 2 / 3                                Triple TIR Lenses & XP-G2                                     MY GIVEAWAY = ACTIVE

 

Pages