Thrunite Catapult V6 (mini thrower) // Full reveiw

101 posts / 0 new
Last post
desmondkun
desmondkun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 12/11/2016 - 14:51
Posts: 367
Location: Thailand

robo819 wrote:

No I didn’t even think about that to be honest. I did the run time test listed in the charts in OP , starting in Turbo and just let the light run from there until it shut down.

Can you check it roughly? Base on Thrunite’s name, It’s acceptable for me if the minimum voltage is not higher than 3.7V.

Take care of your flashlight and your flashlight will take care of you.

robo819
robo819's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 03/10/2015 - 21:20
Posts: 1885
Location: Deep East TX

It may take a while to get the result , but I can discharge the cell on my Opus charger to around 3.7 and then start checking Turbo mode from there I guess.

Click any link to see MY REVIEWS:

Maxtoch M24 Sniper / Maxtoch 2X Shooter (2016 factory dedomed) , 2X - XHP 70.2 / Maxtoch Xsword / M1 Archer *** ### ThruNite // Archer 2A V3 / Ti4T / TN4A HI / TH10 / TH20 / C2 Mini / TC12 V2 / T01 /  , neutron 2C V3 , TC20 / Catapult V6 / TC15 / TC15 CE *** ###  Olight // H2R Nova , S10R III / S30R III / H1 Nova / H1 R Nova / X7 Marauder , PL Mini ,  M2R warrior //// Orca T11 / Nitecore EC20 / BLF A6 / Custom Convoy C8 / Lixada Triple 3800LM / Lixada 1000LM / LuxStone X30 / Manker E02 / Manker E14 II /  ### Thorfire /// PF03PF04 , Upgraded PF04 , C8 , S-50 ,  VG-10 , VG25 , C8s , BL30 , TK4A  , S1 , VG15 S  , TK 18 //// ##WowTac// A4 , A1 (original) , A2 headlamp , A3 //// Acebeam L16 /// Massdrop (Lumintop) Brass EDC

desmondkun
desmondkun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 12/11/2016 - 14:51
Posts: 367
Location: Thailand

Thank a lot. Since you’re going to discharge your cell, I think you should test from higher voltage, like from 4.0, 3.9, 3.8….until you can’t activate turbo mode. Smile

Take care of your flashlight and your flashlight will take care of you.

robo819
robo819's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 03/10/2015 - 21:20
Posts: 1885
Location: Deep East TX
desmondkun wrote:
Did you check how high the voltage need for activating turbo mode?

OK I have the results from my testing of the voltage needed for Turbo mode to activate. I turned the light on in Turbo mode each time I checked the voltage and lumens , let it stay on for 30 seconds , turned the light off and then discharged the cell a little more to do the next step.

I made a simple chart as to what the cell voltage was and also noted the lumens at each voltage or step of the testing.
Of course as would be expected , the lumens are much lower than what you will get from a fully charged cell.

Here is the chart with those results and I am also editing the OP and the chart will be there as well.

Click any link to see MY REVIEWS:

Maxtoch M24 Sniper / Maxtoch 2X Shooter (2016 factory dedomed) , 2X - XHP 70.2 / Maxtoch Xsword / M1 Archer *** ### ThruNite // Archer 2A V3 / Ti4T / TN4A HI / TH10 / TH20 / C2 Mini / TC12 V2 / T01 /  , neutron 2C V3 , TC20 / Catapult V6 / TC15 / TC15 CE *** ###  Olight // H2R Nova , S10R III / S30R III / H1 Nova / H1 R Nova / X7 Marauder , PL Mini ,  M2R warrior //// Orca T11 / Nitecore EC20 / BLF A6 / Custom Convoy C8 / Lixada Triple 3800LM / Lixada 1000LM / LuxStone X30 / Manker E02 / Manker E14 II /  ### Thorfire /// PF03PF04 , Upgraded PF04 , C8 , S-50 ,  VG-10 , VG25 , C8s , BL30 , TK4A  , S1 , VG15 S  , TK 18 //// ##WowTac// A4 , A1 (original) , A2 headlamp , A3 //// Acebeam L16 /// Massdrop (Lumintop) Brass EDC

desmondkun
desmondkun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 12/11/2016 - 14:51
Posts: 367
Location: Thailand

Good result. Thanks, I really appreciate your help Wink

Take care of your flashlight and your flashlight will take care of you.

robo819
robo819's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 03/10/2015 - 21:20
Posts: 1885
Location: Deep East TX
desmondkun wrote:
Good result. Thanks, I really appreciate your help Wink

No problems…… As I have always said , I am glad to do the reviews and answer any questions about those lights that I can.

Click any link to see MY REVIEWS:

Maxtoch M24 Sniper / Maxtoch 2X Shooter (2016 factory dedomed) , 2X - XHP 70.2 / Maxtoch Xsword / M1 Archer *** ### ThruNite // Archer 2A V3 / Ti4T / TN4A HI / TH10 / TH20 / C2 Mini / TC12 V2 / T01 /  , neutron 2C V3 , TC20 / Catapult V6 / TC15 / TC15 CE *** ###  Olight // H2R Nova , S10R III / S30R III / H1 Nova / H1 R Nova / X7 Marauder , PL Mini ,  M2R warrior //// Orca T11 / Nitecore EC20 / BLF A6 / Custom Convoy C8 / Lixada Triple 3800LM / Lixada 1000LM / LuxStone X30 / Manker E02 / Manker E14 II /  ### Thorfire /// PF03PF04 , Upgraded PF04 , C8 , S-50 ,  VG-10 , VG25 , C8s , BL30 , TK4A  , S1 , VG15 S  , TK 18 //// ##WowTac// A4 , A1 (original) , A2 headlamp , A3 //// Acebeam L16 /// Massdrop (Lumintop) Brass EDC

khas
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 08/08/2014 - 07:20
Posts: 923
Location: Denmark

Got mine today, very nice little flashlight. Only thing I don’t like so much is the cool white tint so I put in a XHP35 HI C4 40E 4000K CRI80+ :

desmondkun
desmondkun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 12/11/2016 - 14:51
Posts: 367
Location: Thailand

!!:http://i.imgur.com/pMmci21.jpg

Got mine today too. Big Smile

Take care of your flashlight and your flashlight will take care of you.

robo819
robo819's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 03/10/2015 - 21:20
Posts: 1885
Location: Deep East TX

I hope you guys enjoy the lights as much as I have been liking mine.

Click any link to see MY REVIEWS:

Maxtoch M24 Sniper / Maxtoch 2X Shooter (2016 factory dedomed) , 2X - XHP 70.2 / Maxtoch Xsword / M1 Archer *** ### ThruNite // Archer 2A V3 / Ti4T / TN4A HI / TH10 / TH20 / C2 Mini / TC12 V2 / T01 /  , neutron 2C V3 , TC20 / Catapult V6 / TC15 / TC15 CE *** ###  Olight // H2R Nova , S10R III / S30R III / H1 Nova / H1 R Nova / X7 Marauder , PL Mini ,  M2R warrior //// Orca T11 / Nitecore EC20 / BLF A6 / Custom Convoy C8 / Lixada Triple 3800LM / Lixada 1000LM / LuxStone X30 / Manker E02 / Manker E14 II /  ### Thorfire /// PF03PF04 , Upgraded PF04 , C8 , S-50 ,  VG-10 , VG25 , C8s , BL30 , TK4A  , S1 , VG15 S  , TK 18 //// ##WowTac// A4 , A1 (original) , A2 headlamp , A3 //// Acebeam L16 /// Massdrop (Lumintop) Brass EDC

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 day ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5767
Location: Long Island, New York
robo819 wrote:
I hope you guys enjoy the lights as much as I have been liking mine.

I love mine.

Boycott Nike

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2092
Location: United states
robo819 wrote:
I hope you guys enjoy the lights as much as I have been liking mine.

Yes sir. I love mine catapult v6 too.. built in charging is a great feature..

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 26 min ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 4156
Location: The Motor City

Yep, the V6 is a very neat little light, it freaks people out (hidden in one hand) when I turn it on in Turbo! Big Smile

KB1428 “Live Life WOT

wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA

Thank you for the great review. Very informative and thorough. Thumbs Up

I see that you got 8.98 Amps at the tail with the provided cell.

1.What Do you think my Ijoy or Golisi [which respectively can provide 30A and 31A continuous ] numbers might be?

2.Do you know what the continuous amp draw for the provided Thrunite battery is? It is not listed on the battery and I can not find any info. on it.

I am guessing 10A, maybe 15A at the most since it appears to have enough juice for the Cat V6

I do not have the equipment to do these tests even though they are probably simple!

,,,,Thanks again!

U21vn XPL PDT and Catvn V6 NW 5000K

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

robo819
robo819's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 03/10/2015 - 21:20
Posts: 1885
Location: Deep East TX

Thanks Wolfdog………

All the testing I did with the Cat V6 is what I listed in the charts in the OP.

I can say the driver is regulated and pretty much any cell I have put in the light , whether protected or unprotected (Efest High drain , Basen , EVVA Protected , Voidhawk Protected and the Thrunite cell) have all given me close to the same amps at the tail.

I don’t know what that equates to in continuous amps , but as it seems the regulation will only allow so much.

Hope this can at least help a little with your question.

Click any link to see MY REVIEWS:

Maxtoch M24 Sniper / Maxtoch 2X Shooter (2016 factory dedomed) , 2X - XHP 70.2 / Maxtoch Xsword / M1 Archer *** ### ThruNite // Archer 2A V3 / Ti4T / TN4A HI / TH10 / TH20 / C2 Mini / TC12 V2 / T01 /  , neutron 2C V3 , TC20 / Catapult V6 / TC15 / TC15 CE *** ###  Olight // H2R Nova , S10R III / S30R III / H1 Nova / H1 R Nova / X7 Marauder , PL Mini ,  M2R warrior //// Orca T11 / Nitecore EC20 / BLF A6 / Custom Convoy C8 / Lixada Triple 3800LM / Lixada 1000LM / LuxStone X30 / Manker E02 / Manker E14 II /  ### Thorfire /// PF03PF04 , Upgraded PF04 , C8 , S-50 ,  VG-10 , VG25 , C8s , BL30 , TK4A  , S1 , VG15 S  , TK 18 //// ##WowTac// A4 , A1 (original) , A2 headlamp , A3 //// Acebeam L16 /// Massdrop (Lumintop) Brass EDC

wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA

robo819 wrote:
Thanks Wolfdog………

All the testing I did with the Cat V6 is what I listed in the charts in the OP.

I can say the driver is regulated and pretty much any cell I have put in the light , whether protected or unprotected (Efest High drain , Basen , EVVA Protected , Voidhawk Protected and the Thrunite cell) have all given me close to the same amps at the tail.

I don’t know what that equates to in continuous amps , but as it seems the regulation will only allow so much.

Hope this can at least help a little with your question.

Thanks for the information. Smile

oh,,,,,I never heard of Voidhawk so looked them up. They are located in Port St. Lucie, FLA. That is where my Dad lives!

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

robo819
robo819's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 03/10/2015 - 21:20
Posts: 1885
Location: Deep East TX

Glad to answer any questions I might know or be able to answer for you Wolfdog.

Yea the Voidhawk Flashlight is the first brand I ever did a review on when I first got into making reviews. They have decent lights and the cells are good , if the Protected is what you are looking for , they are a little pricy though.

As far as far as the lights themselves…….they are decent quality but nothing that really stands out from most zoomies to be honest. I mean the build quality is better than some of the cheap ones I have and they DO have a solid shelf for the emitter rather than a hollow pill…………that is a whole other subject though.

The lights are also priced about 2 times as much as they should be , but at least not total junk I guess.

Click any link to see MY REVIEWS:

Maxtoch M24 Sniper / Maxtoch 2X Shooter (2016 factory dedomed) , 2X - XHP 70.2 / Maxtoch Xsword / M1 Archer *** ### ThruNite // Archer 2A V3 / Ti4T / TN4A HI / TH10 / TH20 / C2 Mini / TC12 V2 / T01 /  , neutron 2C V3 , TC20 / Catapult V6 / TC15 / TC15 CE *** ###  Olight // H2R Nova , S10R III / S30R III / H1 Nova / H1 R Nova / X7 Marauder , PL Mini ,  M2R warrior //// Orca T11 / Nitecore EC20 / BLF A6 / Custom Convoy C8 / Lixada Triple 3800LM / Lixada 1000LM / LuxStone X30 / Manker E02 / Manker E14 II /  ### Thorfire /// PF03PF04 , Upgraded PF04 , C8 , S-50 ,  VG-10 , VG25 , C8s , BL30 , TK4A  , S1 , VG15 S  , TK 18 //// ##WowTac// A4 , A1 (original) , A2 headlamp , A3 //// Acebeam L16 /// Massdrop (Lumintop) Brass EDC

wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA

robo819 wrote:
Glad to answer any questions I might know or be able to answer for you Wolfdog.

Yea the Voidhawk Flashlight is the first brand I ever did a review on when I first got into making reviews. They have decent lights and the cells are good , if the Protected is what you are looking for , they are a little pricy though.

As far as far as the lights themselves…….they are decent quality but nothing that really stands out from most zoomies to be honest. I mean the build quality is better than some of the cheap ones I have and they DO have a solid shelf for the emitter rather than a hollow pill…………that is a whole other subject though.

The lights are also priced about 2 times as much as they should be , but at least not total junk I guess.

Yes,,,,Very expensive all right! lol! I saw 2 × 26650 FOR $49.99! That is insane!

I will stick to Liionwholesale[my hometown dealer] and on occasion IMR batteries and Illumns. Thumbs Up

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

robo819
robo819's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 03/10/2015 - 21:20
Posts: 1885
Location: Deep East TX

WOW……..almost double what the prices were just about 18 months ago on the Voidhawk batteries. They were $29.99 then for 2 × 26650 and I thought that was a little pricy.

Just stick with the Cat V6 ……. cell included as well as the USB charging……..lol

Click any link to see MY REVIEWS:

Maxtoch M24 Sniper / Maxtoch 2X Shooter (2016 factory dedomed) , 2X - XHP 70.2 / Maxtoch Xsword / M1 Archer *** ### ThruNite // Archer 2A V3 / Ti4T / TN4A HI / TH10 / TH20 / C2 Mini / TC12 V2 / T01 /  , neutron 2C V3 , TC20 / Catapult V6 / TC15 / TC15 CE *** ###  Olight // H2R Nova , S10R III / S30R III / H1 Nova / H1 R Nova / X7 Marauder , PL Mini ,  M2R warrior //// Orca T11 / Nitecore EC20 / BLF A6 / Custom Convoy C8 / Lixada Triple 3800LM / Lixada 1000LM / LuxStone X30 / Manker E02 / Manker E14 II /  ### Thorfire /// PF03PF04 , Upgraded PF04 , C8 , S-50 ,  VG-10 , VG25 , C8s , BL30 , TK4A  , S1 , VG15 S  , TK 18 //// ##WowTac// A4 , A1 (original) , A2 headlamp , A3 //// Acebeam L16 /// Massdrop (Lumintop) Brass EDC

wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA

Here are my thoughts on this light. The only difference between mine and the stock version is that mine has a slight current boost. They both have an option of CW or NW.

The light is priced very reasonably, compact, powerful and has a great tint[NW].

I walk my Husky every night on the trail[just got back] and we both love constant turbo until the light gets too hot! That is just my preference and certainly NOT everyone elses. That is why these lights of today have step downs and regulated drivers. I have numerous lights that can run on turbo for 15 or 20 minutes,,,,even in the summer and indefinitely in the winter.

The ONLY thing I would change is the step down. By no means am I bashing the light. I understand why they have it step down. Initially the light steps down after 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. After each subsequent “step up”, the light steps down again about every 70 to 90 seconds depending on heat level and battery status,,,,just my guess.The step down is gradual but definitely noticeable,,,going from 2000 lumens to 1100 is certainly noticeable to me.

I have developed leather hands from all my high powered lights. I have read on here and elsewhere how hot this light gets. To me it is manageable and not as hot as I thought it would be.This light gets hot but not nearly as hot as a few of my others, TK75vn quad, E’tac T25C2vn to name a few.I never had to turn the CAT V6 off OR down due to heat. The other night I ran it for 40 minutes[constantly stepping back up] and only turned it off once to change the battery. It was 75F/23C outside. The light was never scalding like some others can get.Although at some points I was holding the bottom part of the light.

To make this light perfect[for me] is to not have it step down and not be regulated. That way I will not have to step it back up every 70 to 90 seconds after initial step down!The guy who I bought it from[V54] is working on a driver that can do that.

We are all a bit different in our preferences. Constant turbo on the trail makes me happy and EDC’ing in my house my preference is EDC’ing using 1 to 20 lumens!

This Cat V6 is a great light. I have brought it with me every night since I got it a week ago.

Thanks again for your great review with all the information, numbers and stats that are helpful to me and I am sure others. Wink

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

scr79423
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/29/2018 - 15:12
Posts: 177
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

is the stock cat v6 bazel glued?

scr79423
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/29/2018 - 15:12
Posts: 177
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

how did you get the bezel off?

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 6 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 5054
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

wolfdog1226 wrote:

To make this light perfect[for me] is to not have it step down and not be regulated. That way…

What's wrong with being regulated? I prefer fully regulated drivers, allows me to access full power output at cell voltages way below maximum, which is preferable for someone like me which rarely charges its cells above 3.95 - 4V.

In an unregulated flashlight generally driver and other resistances are tuned up for a maximum output at full cell voltage, and it starts tapering from there (usually fast). It is thus wise not to aim for such peak output values in a driver with regulation and no stepdown, or the heat can get unmanageable with ease.

Regulation ≠ stepdown. 

Oh! When on high power grab that flashlight well, you're cooling it with your hand(s)! If not, you're letting component heat stress out of hand! Literally, too.

 

Smile

Original post date: Sat, 08/04/2018 - 11:16. Edited for typo fixup.

The Light Innocent I am

Deleting a post and redoing it causes the forum thread answer notifications to become invalid. Thus, if you need to change your just published post, edit it. Thanks.

Please avoid quoting lenghty posts, namely with nested quotes. Trim the quote down to the essential. Helps with forum neatness and legibility. Thanks.

wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA

Maybe I used the wrong word[regulated] I love MAX output on the trail. The Cat V6 steps down like I said after ~ 2, 2.5 minutes. I just step it back and continue to do it. It is a pain in the ass! It is never too hot too hold for my leather hands.These manufacturers are over cautious,,,I guess it is in the best interest of the average Joe!

I have a few lights that have thermal step down. I like that better because they [my modded ones] let the light get pretty darn hot b/4 it steps down which is a long time for my TK61vn V4

My thoughts are w/ my Husky CAPO now. He threw up some white foam/liquid. He has never done that before. Only emergency vets are open now and they cost way too much.

Reading the “nets” answers to this will drive a person nuts,,,at least its conflicting reasons drive me nuts!

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

dmsoule
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 08/27/2016 - 20:14
Posts: 210
Location: MN USA
scr79423 wrote:
how did you get the bezel off?

See here for one technique:

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1360692#comment-1360692

I haven’t tried this yet myself.

toobadorz
toobadorz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 01/10/2017 - 09:04
Posts: 147
wolfdog1226 wrote:
Maybe I used the wrong word[regulated] I love MAX output on the trail. The Cat V6 steps down like I said after ~ 2, 2.5 minutes. I just step it back and continue to do it. It is a pain in the ass! It is never too hot too hold for my leather hands.These manufacturers are over cautious,,,I guess it is in the best interest of the average Joe!

Yeah, I think you are right, Catapult V6 will step down from the MAX output, when either the temperature is too high or an internal timer like that is expired. However when the battery voltage is not high enough, the output of Turbo will then be reduced to a lower value (the MAX is no longer available). At this time the internal timed step-down seems disabled, and you can have V6 stay in Turbo as long as the temperature is not too hot.

And BTW, the included ThruNite battery is not powerful enough, you may get a Shockli 5500mAh or Keeppower IMR 6000mAh instead (both with PLB 55A inside).

wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA

^^^

Thanks

Yes, I have 2 X Shockli 26650 5500mAh batteries. My V6 is actually modified but still has the stock UI/Driver. Just had a current boost and a NW 5000K LED put in.

V54 is working on one of his DriverVN’s for the light where I can eliminate the step down or have to timed for several more minutes or the thermal Step down Temp. set much higher. Cool

My guess is it is NOT a thermal step down, otherwise I would not be able to continue to bump back to turbo. I have used this light for Forty minutes[leather hands] and only turn it off to change battery. It definitely cools off pretty fast once it is off…and in a short time, ~ 1 minute b/w battery change and using my hand to absorb heat b/4 I turn it back on!

My Specs.

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

gehrmo
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 19 hours ago
Joined: 05/28/2013 - 19:53
Posts: 107
Location: Bribie Island,Australia
toobadorz wrote:
wolfdog1226 wrote:
Maybe I used the wrong word[regulated] I love MAX output on the trail. The Cat V6 steps down like I said after ~ 2, 2.5 minutes. I just step it back and continue to do it. It is a pain in the ass! It is never too hot too hold for my leather hands.These manufacturers are over cautious,,,I guess it is in the best interest of the average Joe!

Yeah, I think you are right, Catapult V6 will step down from the MAX output, when either the temperature is too high or an internal timer like that is expired. However when the battery voltage is not high enough, the output of Turbo will then be reduced to a lower value (the MAX is no longer available). At this time the internal timed step-down seems disabled, and you can have V6 stay in Turbo as long as the temperature is not too hot.

And BTW, the included ThruNite battery is not powerful enough, you may get a Shockli 5500mAh or Keeppower IMR 6000mAh instead (both with PLB 55A inside).

!https://i.imgur.com/5pngbEp.png!


But will the Keeppower 6000 fit.
wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA
gehrmo wrote:
toobadorz wrote:
wolfdog1226 wrote:
Maybe I used the wrong word[regulated] I love MAX output on the trail. The Cat V6 steps down like I said after ~ 2, 2.5 minutes. I just step it back and continue to do it. It is a pain in the ass! It is never too hot too hold for my leather hands.These manufacturers are over cautious,,,I guess it is in the best interest of the average Joe!

Yeah, I think you are right, Catapult V6 will step down from the MAX output, when either the temperature is too high or an internal timer like that is expired. However when the battery voltage is not high enough, the output of Turbo will then be reduced to a lower value (the MAX is no longer available). At this time the internal timed step-down seems disabled, and you can have V6 stay in Turbo as long as the temperature is not too hot.

And BTW, the included ThruNite battery is not powerful enough, you may get a Shockli 5500mAh or Keeppower IMR 6000mAh instead (both with PLB 55A inside).

!https://i.imgur.com/5pngbEp.png!


But will the Keeppower 6000 fit.

I do not know. The Shockli 5500 and the Orbtronic 5750 cell will,,they are supposedly the same cells.

Mt. Electronics sell the Shockli and Orbtronic sells the Orbtronic! I would go with either of them..Guaranteed to fit.

EDIT: Ohh yes,,,I see you are down under. You can hopefully get the Shockli sent to you from Gearbest,Aliexpress or Banggood.

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2092
Location: United states

Unprotected vs protected 26650

Thrunite tc20 with shockli imr 26650
Turn on.. 3820 lumen
@30 seconds.. 3740 lumen

Thrunite tc20 with thrunite oem 26650
Turn on. 3860 lumen
@30 seconds.. 3210 lumen

So yes. Wolf dog aka capo is right in response to his comment.. And BTW, the included ThruNite battery is not powerful enough, you may get a Shockli 5500mAh or Keeppower IMR 6000mAh instead (both with PLB 55A inside).

wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA

Newlumen wrote:
Unprotected vs protected 26650

Thrunite tc20 with shockli imr 26650
Turn on.. 3820 lumen
@30 seconds.. 3740 lumen

Thrunite tc20 with thrunite oem 26650
Turn on. 3860 lumen
@30 seconds.. 3210 lumen

So yes. Wolf dog aka capo is right in response to his comment.. And BTW, the included ThruNite battery is not powerful enough, you may get a Shockli 5500mAh or Keeppower IMR 6000mAh instead (both with PLB 55A inside).

Thanks for the info. That gives us an idea. How about using said batteries in the CAT V6?

Thank you NL AKA NT[New Throw]! Wink

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

Pages