Fireflies ROT66 Flashlight

243 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

FireFlies
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/08/2018 - 12:26
Posts: 26
Fireflies ROT66 Flashlight

Product Description:

9x CREE XPL High Intensity Emitters / 9x Nichia 219B SW45K R9080 High CRI Emitters
Made of 7075 aluminum alloy
Body color: champagne color or Black color
HAIII Anodising Surface Finish
Stainless Steel bezel;
Max Brightness: 10 000 Lumens (9xCREE XPL Hi CW V3) / 5000 Lumens( 9x Nichia 219B)
3×18650 battery carrier
25 degree angle TRI lens 98% AR coating glass lens
Digital current regulation on lower brightness
IPX8 waterproof , underwater 2 meters
Size: 110mm x 47mmx45mm body
Weight: 240gram








Edited by: FireFlies on 07/27/2018 - 03:58
MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 2216
Location: Portugal

WOW, what an entry!!! Welcome to BLF Party
First, enjoy the forum.

Then, some questions: are you a manufacturer? Can you post some beamshot images of the flashlight, please?

I went to the site (http://www.ff-light.com/index.php?route=common/home) and only saw the flashlight’s pictures, no beams! It would be pleasant to get some Innocent

REVIEWS : Amutorch S3 /  AM S3 vs Neal 219c  /  Amutorch AM30 / Nitefox UT20 / Sofirn SF14 & SP10A / Sofirn SP32A / Sofirn SP10B / Odepro KL52 / Acebeam H20 / SS AAA / Wuben TO10R / BlitzWolf BW-ET1 / Odepro B018 / DQG Slim Ti / XTAR PB2 Charger / Nitefox ES10K / Nitefox K3 / Amutorch AX1 / Amutorch VG10 / Olight M2R Warrior   

Mods and tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7     Convoy S2+ TIR Lenses: XML2 / XPL-HI     Others: Convoy S2+ Mini (Biscotti 3 & 1*7135)     Sofirn K6 Discussion: 1 / 2 / 3    Triple TIR & XP-G2                   MY GIVEAWAY (FW3A) = ACTIVE

DB Custom said: "Hide your billfold, cut up your credit cards... you're a perfect candidate for full blown flashaholism and will soon need dedicated flashlight cabinets. [...] Have fun! Modding is next... :P" 

 

mizjif
mizjif's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 09/23/2010 - 03:13
Posts: 1945
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Very nice!

bmengineer
bmengineer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 16 sec ago
Joined: 01/26/2018 - 11:38
Posts: 245
Location: Ontario, Canada

I like the stainless steel tail cap as well, nice touch!

spaceminions
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 07/20/2015 - 14:18
Posts: 98
Location: Texas, USA

What sort of information can you share about the driver?

Card Carrying CRI baby https://b.thumbs.redditmedia.com/laMC7BGhREfYTRQjYe2I5FMjTF1IjrmM6bPLK9SKEXU.png

 

FireFlies
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/08/2018 - 12:26
Posts: 26

MascaratumB wrote:
WOW, what an entry!!! Welcome to BLF Party
First, enjoy the forum.

Then, some questions: are you a manufacturer? Can you post some beamshot images of the flashlight, please?

I went to the site (http://www.ff-light.com/index.php?route=common/home) and only saw the flashlight’s pictures, no beams! It would be pleasant to get some Innocent

Thank you. yes , we are a manufacturer . beamshot photo ,let the reviewers from blf do it, they should receive package soon. Beer

FireFlies
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/08/2018 - 12:26
Posts: 26
spaceminions wrote:
What sort of information can you share about the driver?

narsilm v 1.2

patmurris
patmurris's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 19 hours ago
Joined: 12/22/2014 - 15:54
Posts: 1198
Location: Nice, France

Very nice light indeed. Can’t wait for a review. Thumbs Up
And welcome to BLF!

FireFlies
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/08/2018 - 12:26
Posts: 26
patmurris wrote:
Very nice light indeed. Can’t wait for a review. Thumbs Up And welcome to BLF!

thank you sir Thumbs Up

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 2216
Location: Portugal

FireFlies wrote:
MascaratumB wrote:
WOW, what an entry!!! Welcome to BLF Party
First, enjoy the forum.

Then, some questions: are you a manufacturer? Can you post some beamshot images of the flashlight, please?

I went to the site (http://www.ff-light.com/index.php?route=common/home) and only saw the flashlight’s pictures, no beams! It would be pleasant to get some Innocent

Thank you. yes , we are a manufacturer . beamshot photo ,let the reviewers from blf do it, they should receive package soon. Beer

Nice, let them show us your lights WinkParty

REVIEWS : Amutorch S3 /  AM S3 vs Neal 219c  /  Amutorch AM30 / Nitefox UT20 / Sofirn SF14 & SP10A / Sofirn SP32A / Sofirn SP10B / Odepro KL52 / Acebeam H20 / SS AAA / Wuben TO10R / BlitzWolf BW-ET1 / Odepro B018 / DQG Slim Ti / XTAR PB2 Charger / Nitefox ES10K / Nitefox K3 / Amutorch AX1 / Amutorch VG10 / Olight M2R Warrior   

Mods and tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7     Convoy S2+ TIR Lenses: XML2 / XPL-HI     Others: Convoy S2+ Mini (Biscotti 3 & 1*7135)     Sofirn K6 Discussion: 1 / 2 / 3    Triple TIR & XP-G2                   MY GIVEAWAY (FW3A) = ACTIVE

DB Custom said: "Hide your billfold, cut up your credit cards... you're a perfect candidate for full blown flashaholism and will soon need dedicated flashlight cabinets. [...] Have fun! Modding is next... :P" 

 

spaceminions
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 07/20/2015 - 14:18
Posts: 98
Location: Texas, USA
FireFlies wrote:
spaceminions wrote:
What sort of information can you share about the driver?

narsilm v 1.2

That is not a bad firmware, but I was hoping to find out things like: is this light using a combination of linear regulators and a field effect transistor (common 7135+FET drivers) or if perhaps the battery carrier puts the cells in series so as to use a buck driver, or maybe the cells are in parallel but the leds are in series and a boost driver is used. I worry that a FET would not be good for the 219b version.

I suppose once the sample reviews come out I will find out either way.

Card Carrying CRI baby https://b.thumbs.redditmedia.com/laMC7BGhREfYTRQjYe2I5FMjTF1IjrmM6bPLK9SKEXU.png

 

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 1233
Location: Canada

The battery carrier is in parallel, that is easy to see as the springs are all in the same direction.

And it is probably using a 7135+16×7135+FET driver.

spaceminions
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 07/20/2015 - 14:18
Posts: 98
Location: Texas, USA

The springs are a good indicator, but not absolute, which is why I asked. Yeah, that seems likely but I sure don’t like the idea of FET and 219b, even when it’s 3:1. Seems likely that a bit too little resistance could be an issue.

Card Carrying CRI baby https://b.thumbs.redditmedia.com/laMC7BGhREfYTRQjYe2I5FMjTF1IjrmM6bPLK9SKEXU.png

 

Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 2701
Location: California

Looks great!

Any chance of there being a 4000K or 4500K neutral white XPL HI version?

Chatika vas Paus
Chatika vas Paus's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 179

Awesome. What a beautiful flashlight. My new ‘must have’.

I am a beginner in everything.

 

Arnold

FireFlies
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/08/2018 - 12:26
Posts: 26

Firelight2 wrote:
Looks great!

Any chance of there being a 4000K or 4500K neutral white XPL HI version?

Yes, 4500K~5000K XPL hi V2 are available

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 473
Location: US

Price?

saypat
saypat's picture
Online
Last seen: 11 min 16 sec ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 20:32
Posts: 2857
Location: Calif
contactcr wrote:
Price?

I believe the website said $98

goshdogit
goshdogit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 38 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 21:28
Posts: 732

Whoa, is this the first factory light with 4500K R9080 Nichias?! Love

Can you share photos of the driver?

SKV89
Online
Last seen: 8 min 34 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1118
Location: US

Wow I havent seen anything that got me this excited in a long while! Is it really 219b 9080? Becaise from my understanding Nichia discontinued them a long while ago. Only Virence.com sells them but with very limited quantities left. If it is really 9080, I will definitely buy one or maybe two if performance is good. Thanks and really looking forward to learn more about this light

maukka
maukka's picture
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 12/31/2015 - 04:15
Posts: 1361
Location: Finland

I’m super excited as well. Never would have thought a brand out of nowhere coming out with such a tint snob friendly light! And a perfect 3×18650 form factor as well.

Flashy Mike
Flashy Mike's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 min ago
Joined: 01/14/2016 - 16:38
Posts: 983
Location: Germany

I like the light a lot. The only thing I would like even more is a tailcap of the same color as the body.
I hope it’s a parallel setup. Price is a bit high for me, hope to see a group buy – or, even better, a modding host with empty MCPCB and without driver.

delete
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 25 min ago
Joined: 03/28/2017 - 23:42
Posts: 70

group buy.please.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 min 2 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 6198
Location: freedailydeals.org

Congrats to FireFlies for your very first product. cool 

FireFlies
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/08/2018 - 12:26
Posts: 26
SKV89 wrote:
Wow I havent seen anything that got me this excited in a long while! Is it really 219b 9080? Becaise from my understanding Nichia discontinued them a long while ago. Only Virence.com sells them but with very limited quantities left. If it is really 9080, I will definitely buy one or maybe two if performance is good. Thanks and really looking forward to learn more about this light

yes, it’s true 219v 9080 D220

FireFlies
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/08/2018 - 12:26
Posts: 26

1.5meter integrate sphere Testing Reports: (powered by 3 pieces of Sony VTC6 18650)

ROT66 Nichia 219B Measure Report
Peak brightness: 5235.68 lumens
Color temperature CCT:4423K
CIR Ra=96.08

ROT66 CREE XPL HI V3 CW Measure Report
Peak brightness: 9660.45 lumens
Color temperature CCT: 6068K
CIR Ra=70.89

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3737

Wow. Interested. And welcome to BLF! Party
Is Fireflies by any chance somehow related to Manker?

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Online
Last seen: 12 min 50 sec ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 2869
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Looks nice i like the form factor Big Smile

FireFlies
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/08/2018 - 12:26
Posts: 26
hIKARInoob wrote:
Wow. Interested. And welcome to BLF! Party Is Fireflies by any chance somehow related to Manker?

thanks , no chance Facepalm why ask..

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 3737
FireFlies wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
Wow. Interested. And welcome to BLF! Party Is Fireflies by any chance somehow related to Manker?

thanks , no chance Facepalm why ask..

Manker released an anniversary model not too long ago. Not only was this model offered in a very similar champagne colour, it is also machined from 7075 aluminium which is very rarely used for flashlights. Therefore I wondered whether there was a relation, like the same manufacturer for example.

http://www.mankerlight.com/manker-t01s-800-lumens-cree-xpl-led-aa-14500-...

duramax
Online
Last seen: 58 sec ago
Joined: 07/06/2018 - 05:19
Posts: 121
Location: Garage

What a cool light! Welcome to BLF.

Pages