Led4power.com : LD-4 CC linear drivers, ILC-0/1 illuminated tailcaps, optics, MOSX, copper DTP MCPCBs...

1186 posts / 0 new
Last post
The_Driver
The_Driver's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 10/20/2016 - 05:51
Posts: 1406
Location: Germany
led4power wrote:

-18,24,30Amp drivers, FET switch,spacers – next week 95%

Any updates regarding this? I want to put everything into one order.

led4power
led4power's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 09:48
Posts: 1210
Location: Croatia,EU

Most spacers should arrive tomorrow (they should arrive last week,but delays as usual), FET switch is in final phase of testing(firmware is finished),I need to make lisitngs for everything,so you can count on the end of this week for all.

LichtAn
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 03/08/2018 - 02:37
Posts: 322
Location: Germany
led4power wrote:

I remember someone asked, well good news is that I will finally start with driver design upgrade and new firmware .This will take some time,but I think it will be worthy.


 

Man this is exciting. You got one of the most interesting drivers already, but I’m just spoiled by e-switches. Innocent

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 2746
Location: US

ANNA6 + 21700 C8F spacer + 20mm e-switch l4p driver we hope for the not too distant future

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 5721
Location: the Hague, Netherlands
LichtAn wrote:
led4power wrote:

I remember someone asked, well good news is that I will finally start with driver design upgrade and new firmware .This will take some time,but I think it will be worthy.


 

Man this is exciting. You got one of the most interesting drivers already, but I’m just spoiled by e-switches. Innocent


I’m also waiting for an e-switch driver.
Not in a hurry though, but i need one for my Sofirn / Convoy C8 triple.
Don’t want DD FET driver.

2Q19

The_Driver
The_Driver's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 10/20/2016 - 05:51
Posts: 1406
Location: Germany
led4power wrote:

Most spacers should arrive tomorrow (they should arrive last week,but delays as usual), FET switch is in final phase of testing(firmware is finished),I need to make lisitngs for everything,so you can count on the end of this week for all.

Smile

led4power
led4power's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 09:48
Posts: 1210
Location: Croatia,EU

Spacers arrived today.

The_Driver
The_Driver's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 10/20/2016 - 05:51
Posts: 1406
Location: Germany

Nice.
What about the 30A drivers? It’s hard to stay patient :).

You mentioned before that 18AWG wires were the thickest that fit through the hole in your drivers. Can you tell me the actual outer diameter of the those wires including the insulation that you tested?

There’s a company here in Germany which sells wires with an especially thin silicone insulation.

Another question: will you put a specially prepared spring on the FET switch and 30A driver so they actually work with 30A and the voltage drop is kept small?

led4power
led4power's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 09:48
Posts: 1210
Location: Croatia,EU

I have more than usual number of orders,so this is causing some delays with releasing new stuff.

I will check hole diameter.

There will be option to solder bypassed steel spring, unfortunately this is best solution for now (I have design idea for spring that would make bypassing obsolete,but just 10 prototypes costs 800$, so this will have to wait for some time).

Agro
Agro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 4537
Location: Ślōnsk

The_Driver wrote:
There’s a company here in Germany which sells wires with an especially thin silicone insulation.

Could you name the company?
How do the wires compare to teflon ones?
The_Driver
The_Driver's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 10/20/2016 - 05:51
Posts: 1406
Location: Germany
Agro wrote:
The_Driver wrote:
There’s a company here in Germany which sells wires with an especially thin silicone insulation.
Could you name the company? How do the wires compare to teflon ones?

I haven’t tried the cables from this company (Nessel Elektronik) yet, but I plan to. They were recommended by some modder(s) in the German flashlight forum. The cables with the thin insulation are called “NeG”, “N” or “GG” (not “EG”), see here . The cables are produced here in Germany.

Teflon wires are more difficult to use because they are less flexible and it’s more difficult to remove part of the insulation for soldering.

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 5323
Location: Canada

@led4power, what do you mean by a spring which could make spring bypasses obsolete?

The absolute highest current option will always be a bypass, but I am still very interested in your idea.

Edit: Well, except for a solid contact, but that does mean cell tolerance is greatly reduced, along with the potential for shock absorption.

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs Gen 3:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67401
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

Agro
Agro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 4537
Location: Ślōnsk

Thanks! That’s indeed very thin for silicone, though doesn’t get to the teflon range.

Agro
Agro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 4537
Location: Ślōnsk

BlueSwordM wrote:
@led4power, what do you mean by a spring which could make spring bypasses obsolete?

The absolute highest current option will always be a bypass, but I am still very interested in your idea.


No, the absolute highest current option is springless contact. Like DQG Tiny or Lux-RC FB1.
contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 2746
Location: US

It’s pretty easy if you can restrict battery size or create some carrier. Look at vape mods.

led4power
led4power's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 09:48
Posts: 1210
Location: Croatia,EU

BlueSwordM wrote:
@led4power, what do you mean by a spring which could make spring bypasses obsolete? The absolute highest current option will always be a bypass, but I am still very interested in your idea. Edit: Well, except for a solid contact, but that does mean cell tolerance is greatly reduced, along with the potential for shock absorption.

Resistance should be as low as bypass, while maintaining "springiness" as typ. spring,it's not solid contact.

The_Driver
The_Driver's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 10/20/2016 - 05:51
Posts: 1406
Location: Germany
led4power wrote:

I have more than usual number of orders,so this is causing some delays with releasing new stuff.


I will check hole diameter.


There will be option to solder bypassed steel spring, unfortunately this is best solution for now (I have design idea for spring that would make bypassing obsolete,but just 10 prototypes costs 800$, so this will have to wait for some time).

(Im)patiently waiting Smile

led4power
led4power's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 09:48
Posts: 1210
Location: Croatia,EU

I'm really sorry, I forgot about your question, 18AWG wire I used has 2.3mm outer diameter and 1.1mm core diameter.

The_Driver
The_Driver's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 10/20/2016 - 05:51
Posts: 1406
Location: Germany
led4power wrote:

I’m really sorry, I forgot about your question, 18AWG wire I used has 2.3mm outer diameter and 1.1mm core diameter.

Thanks!
I was actually thinking about the availability of your new products.

zeroflow
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 05/23/2017 - 02:15
Posts: 189
Location: Austria

Small question: Would the Samsung LH351D emitters fit on your MCPCB for the BLF Q8 despite having a 3535 footprint while the MCPCB only has 4040 or 5050 footprints?

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 2746
Location: US

Just get a proper 3535 mcpcb if you need a new original one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/BLF-Q8-Accessories-lighted-swit...DTP-MCPCB-Reflector-for-Q8/2933049_32879434650.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.8.2c777798pb9zEj

zeroflow
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 05/23/2017 - 02:15
Posts: 189
Location: Austria

Thanks for the info, but I still would prefer a board with emitters soldered to it as I don’t have a proper setup to solder them myself.

led4power
led4power's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 09:48
Posts: 1210
Location: Croatia,EU

The_Driver wrote:
led4power wrote:

I'm really sorry, I forgot about your question, 18AWG wire I used has 2.3mm outer diameter and 1.1mm core diameter.

Thanks! I was actually thinking about the availability of your new products.

Sorry about that too, I've been so busy last 2-3weeks, that's why there is delay.

The_Driver
The_Driver's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 10/20/2016 - 05:51
Posts: 1406
Location: Germany

Take your time! I like your products because you do things the right way. This will be the first safe 30A single-cell flashlight (when using an actually 30A capable battery, there aren’t many).

Have you thought about adjusting the low-voltage warning in the regulated modes above 12A? It might come on too early at 30A because of the voltage drop in the cell.

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 2746
Location: US

If any future version of the LED4Power firmware had a blink out for voltage I would love that. Some of my lights sit for a while between uses and I cant remember what voltage I left it at.

kiriba-ru
kiriba-ru's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 23 sec ago
Joined: 01/17/2016 - 02:34
Posts: 1918
Location: Russia

contactcr wrote:
Some of my lights sit for a while between uses and I cant remember what voltage I left it at.

Everyone who have 3+ flashlights have met this problem…
contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 2746
Location: US
kiriba-ru wrote:
contactcr wrote:
Some of my lights sit for a while between uses and I cant remember what voltage I left it at.
Everyone who have 3+ flashlights have met this problem…

I mean you are part of the problem. Making unique parts so I build more than I can use! Maybe a little pocket multi meter with fixed pins and I can unscrew the head and just lay it over bat + and the tube?

PS; I should have a build for C8TT in a week or two. Going to use 2 different Luxeon MZ emitters and LD-B4 driver, quite excited about this one.

led4power
led4power's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 09:48
Posts: 1210
Location: Croatia,EU

contactcr wrote:
If any future version of the LED4Power firmware had a blink out for voltage I would love that. Some of my lights sit for a while between uses and I cant remember what voltage I left it at.

I can add some voltage readout,that's no problem. I will need to make some kind of wish-list of features for future drivers. By the way, when you have linear CC driver (not fet DD) you can easily see when battery is not fresh, because high mode fades, while all other modes remain constant.

led4power
led4power's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 09:48
Posts: 1210
Location: Croatia,EU

The_Driver wrote:
Take your time! I like your products because you do things the right way. This will be the first safe 30A single-cell flashlight (when using an actually 30A capable battery, there aren't many). Have you thought about adjusting the low-voltage warning in the regulated modes above 12A? It might come on too early at 30A because of the voltage drop in the cell.

I doubt any LED will draw 30Amps when battery voltage drops <3.5V,and at 3.0V (LVP1) current should drop to more sane levels, so I think LVP correction is not needed. This correction should be different for each battery which is difficult to implement.

The_Driver
The_Driver's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 10/20/2016 - 05:51
Posts: 1406
Location: Germany
led4power wrote:

The_Driver wrote:
Take your time! I like your products because you do things the right way. This will be the first safe 30A single-cell flashlight (when using an actually 30A capable battery, there aren’t many). Have you thought about adjusting the low-voltage warning in the regulated modes above 12A? It might come on too early at 30A because of the voltage drop in the cell.

I doubt any LED will draw 30Amps when battery voltage drops <3.5V,and at 3.0V (LVP1) current should drop to more sane levels, so I think LVP correction is not needed. This correction should be different for each battery which is difficult to implement.

Ok. Just a note – there really are very few 3.7V batteries which can be recommended for 30A continous according to HKJ and Mooch (there are a few though which tolerate it for short bursts):
18650:

  • Samsung 20S

  • LG HB2/HB4/HB6

21700:

  • Samsung 30T

Maybe also a few 26650s.

Pages