The BLF GT70 "Giggle Monster" is here! 7,500lumens, 1,500m throw! Group buy Closed!

2810 posts / 0 new
Last post
azj
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 12/08/2017 - 16:46
Posts: 77
Location: Riverside, CA

Hmm, received phone call from DHL (robocall, not a person) with a tracking number saying I have a delivery expected Tuesday. Must be this I think Smile

verge
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 01:56
Posts: 95
Location: Brooklyn, New York

DHL left telephone message that I have package delivery with tracking no. xxxxxxxxxx tomorrow, Tuesday, October 2, 2018.

Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile
Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8499
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
vestureofblood wrote:
Okay, vesture is lost again…. Just now I found the email for the GT70 with coupon code from Lumintop in my SPAM folder Sick I went to the site and it didn’t work. Did I miss the buy or did it just not work? If I am too late anyone know what my next closest deal on them is? Thanks!

Strange, They did not tell me anything about ending the coupon code.

I just PM’ed you the latest email, you might of found the first email with a different link.

Let me know if that works for you.

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 3267
Location: USA, Michigan

Neal mentioned on his FB page he would sell the GT70 head by itself for 160. If it were 120, I would have bought one.

species8472
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 10/08/2017 - 04:06
Posts: 80
Location: Snowbelt, Pennsylvania

For the people who have received delivery information, did you order just a GT70 or did any of you order a conversion kit also? I realize the conversion kits have not shipped but I ordered both the kit and a light and didn't know if the they would ship separate or together. I am in no hurry but would like to know if I should be watching for the GT70 this week.

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2070
Location: United states

Complete light.

shirnask
shirnask's picture
Online
Last seen: 6 min 16 sec ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 23:58
Posts: 966
Location: Louisiana

Complete light

flashycali
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2014 - 10:19
Posts: 80
Location: So.Cal

Complete light plus batteries and misc. accessories.

OrangePeel
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 10/03/2016 - 01:42
Posts: 71
species8472 wrote:

For the people who have received delivery information, did you order just a GT70 or did any of you order a conversion kit also? I realize the conversion kits have not shipped but I ordered both the kit and a light and didn’t know if the they would ship separate or together. I am in no hurry but would like to know if I should be watching for the GT70 this week.

I ordered a complete light plus carriers and have not received any tracking or shipment info. I called DHL and they have no shipment entered for my address, name, or phone number. Leo has not responded yet concerning tracking, but unless it was shipped to the USA via another carrier, my light probably has not shipped out yet. Bummer….

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8499
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
OrangePeel wrote:
species8472 wrote:

For the people who have received delivery information, did you order just a GT70 or did any of you order a conversion kit also? I realize the conversion kits have not shipped but I ordered both the kit and a light and didn’t know if the they would ship separate or together. I am in no hurry but would like to know if I should be watching for the GT70 this week.

I ordered a complete light plus carriers and have not received any tracking or shipment info. I called DHL and they have no shipment entered for my address, name, or phone number. Leo has not responded yet concerning tracking, but unless it was shipped to the USA via another carrier, my light probably has not shipped out yet. Bummer….

It is doubtful anyone will hear from Leo or almost anyone else in China this week, they take holidays very seriously lol.

Yeah, I knew that not all the orders were able to get shipped and I would guess some also got caught in china for the duration of the holiday. Leo said he got most of them finished though.

Cmopstologisch
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/05/2018 - 05:55
Posts: 8
Location: Germany

Got a message as well. (Great)

And then another message (not that great)

I have to pay customs (thats not the bad thing).

The bad thing is that the light got shipped with DHL Express.
They charge ridiculous amounts of money for their services (taking care of the customs, etc?).

There will be yet another delay of 2 to 4 weeks.

Estimated additional costs (customs&handling): 90-180USD

Im speechless..

NITEbiker
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/30/2015 - 07:51
Posts: 27
Location: Australia

Cmopstologisch wrote:
Got a message as well. (Great)

And then another message (not that great)

I have to pay customs (thats not the bad thing).

The bad thing is that the light got shipped with DHL Express.
They charge ridiculous amounts of money for their services (taking care of the customs, etc?).

There will be yet another delay of 2 to 4 weeks.

Estimated additional costs (customs&handling): 90-180USD

Im speechless..

Damn, and I thought the 10% tax we get slugged with in Australia for all foreign purchases sucked. Hopefully you only have to pay the lower side or less than you estimated.

On a mildly related note, I just got a notice from BG that some stuff shipped so there are obviously still some people working if the shipping notice is to be believed…

Yourrid
Yourrid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 17 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2013 - 09:41
Posts: 1046
Location: NE ATL

Hey guys,

I’ve been out of pocket for the past few weeks so I haven’t had a chance to follow up on this. Going through my emails I realized I bought a CW conversion kit back on Sept 13th. My order still says “Wait for Shipping.” Any update on when these will ship?

Next Saturday will be a month. What gives? Flat Stare

beastlykings
beastlykings's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 12/29/2017 - 17:06
Posts: 186
Location: Michigan, USA
vestureofblood wrote:
Okay, vesture is lost again…. Just now I found the email for the GT70 with coupon code from Lumintop in my SPAM folder Sick I went to the site and it didn’t work. Did I miss the buy or did it just not work? If I am too late anyone know what my next closest deal on them is? Thanks!

I don’t know if the buy is over, but try typing the code in manually, the website is finicky and doesn’t like copy paste. Also you can’t put the code in and just click next, you have to do something else, click somewhere else, or maybe press enter, it’s weird. But the proper price should show on the screen with the box for the code, that’s how you’ll know it worked.

Hope it works for you!

Cmopstologisch
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/05/2018 - 05:55
Posts: 8
Location: Germany

NITEbiker wrote:
Cmopstologisch wrote:
Got a message as well. (Great)

And then another message (not that great)

I have to pay customs (thats not the bad thing).

The bad thing is that the light got shipped with DHL Express.
They charge ridiculous amounts of money for their services (taking care of the customs, etc?).

There will be yet another delay of 2 to 4 weeks.

Estimated additional costs (customs&handling): 90-180USD

Im speechless..

Damn, and I thought the 10% tax we get slugged with in Australia for all foreign purchases sucked. Hopefully you only have to pay the lower side or less than you estimated.

On a mildly related note, I just got a notice from BG that some stuff shipped so there are obviously still some people working if the shipping notice is to be believed…

I just got an email from lumintop so im not sure either (great service btw).

Would be nice if it would be cheaper but that would be too good to be true.

Taxes are like 19% over here. But they calculate them based on a lot of things. Not only on the price that I paid. & DHL takes a lot as well. And theres a lot of additional fees. Kinda complicated

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Yourrid wrote:
Hey guys,

I’ve been out of pocket for the past few weeks so I haven’t had a chance to follow up on this. Going through my emails I realized I bought a CW conversion kit back on Sept 13th. My order still says “Wait for Shipping.” Any update on when these will ship?

Next Saturday will be a month. What gives? Flat Stare

The ‘conversion kits’ have not shipped yet. It will be sometime after 7 October before they do. Not sure how much “after”… It might be a couple of weeks or more….. but that is unknown.

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8499
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Cmopstologisch wrote:
Got a message as well. (Great)

And then another message (not that great)

I have to pay customs (thats not the bad thing).

The bad thing is that the light got shipped with DHL Express.
They charge ridiculous amounts of money for their services (taking care of the customs, etc?).

There will be yet another delay of 2 to 4 weeks.

Estimated additional costs (customs&handling): 90-180USD

Im speechless..

I am very sorry to hear that, in the US tariffs are taking effect so we also expect some price hikes but at least in our case we should know the price up front and not get hit with a bunch of taxes after the fact.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8499
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Yourrid wrote:
Hey guys,

I’ve been out of pocket for the past few weeks so I haven’t had a chance to follow up on this. Going through my emails I realized I bought a CW conversion kit back on Sept 13th. My order still says “Wait for Shipping.” Any update on when these will ship?

Next Saturday will be a month. What gives? Flat Stare

The conversion kits have not shipped yet as they were not ready and by the time they were the NW GT70’s were also ready. They put priority on getting the GT70’s shipped out first before the holiday.

Lumintop hopes to get caught up on all the orders next week is what they told me. Although I would not be surprised if it took an extra week.

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Online
Last seen: 6 min 44 sec ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 2297
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

I could have been done a conversion kit for myself long time ago Crying
And again as the GT I chosen the way my stuff paid early and will be shipped last.

lexvegas
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/24/2018 - 14:20
Posts: 91
Location: USA

Woo! My GT70 NW arrived in perfect condition! A bit cool of a CCT for me, but I have a spare 3000K 70.2 I can swap in at some point.

ElginAgain
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/30/2014 - 09:38
Posts: 21
Location: Everett, WA

Posting for sales tracking purposes… I just ordered a NW conversion kit.

Rockjunkie15
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 08/27/2017 - 19:05
Posts: 32
Location: Colorado, where the mountains live.
lexvegas wrote:
Woo! My GT70 NW arrived in perfect condition! A bit cool of a CCT for me, but I have a spare 3000K 70.2 I can swap in at some point.

I would love to see a before and after de-dome on the stock xhp70.2 NW if your going to be swapping anyhow!

lexvegas
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/24/2018 - 14:20
Posts: 91
Location: USA

I’ll try to remember to do that!

Rockjunkie15
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 08/27/2017 - 19:05
Posts: 32
Location: Colorado, where the mountains live.

Fantastic! I can’t wait to get mine, It may be awhile with the China holiday and all.

Mr McLumen
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/01/2017 - 02:54
Posts: 67
Location: The Sooner State

Received my NW version a few mins ago, ordered just the light. Thanks very much to all involved in making it happen.

Mr.Scott
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 02/13/2016 - 00:26
Posts: 760

Mr.Scott wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:

No one has tracking numbers nor has the website been updated for any orders (that will happen at the same time the tracking numbers are uploaded).

This is how all the past GT shipments have worked as well, they ship them but the tracking numbers then have to trickle back through a bunch of hands before lumintop has them and can send them out. It is quite common for the DHL shipments to be delivered before the tracking numbers are uploaded due to this.

Well then, if it shows up in early October it will be a pleasant surprise! Party

Woo hoo! What a pleasant surprise.

JorisFRST
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 06/22/2017 - 04:22
Posts: 85
Location: Belgium

arghh, dhl screwed up, Payed my taxes yesterday, it was delivered today, signed by “”

And no package in my package box, no package at any of the neighbours, this is going to be a nice quest.

Brainsick67
Brainsick67's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 06/09/2018 - 18:53
Posts: 327
Location: United States

Just bought the GT70 from Neal…cant wait.

I'm ThatCrazyFlashaholic 67

UserM4
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 02/10/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 34

Didn’t realize how fast shipping was. It’s as if it traveled time!
Sorry I don’t know how to resize the image.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8499
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

UserM4 wrote:

Didn’t realize how fast shipping was.

Yes, they make up for the delay in getting the packages out the door with super fast shipping to your door.

Although in some cases this means higher fees. In which case buying from someone like Neal might be your better bet as he can ship with a slower carrier that might have a chance of slipping through customs. Although with a 6lb flashlight, that is not very likely no matter how it ships if someone actually looks at it during the customs inspection.

Pages