Acebeam X70 - 40000 lm - 8*18650 - Active fan cooling

360 posts / 0 new
Last post
JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8302
Location: Houston Texas

The above pic is the first version with 3 fans in it.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices 

Review Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8302
Location: Houston Texas
seery wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
The above pic is the first version with 3 fans in it.

All the pics and videos I’ve seen of the early 3-fan variants had completely different knurling on the handle.

That’s why I found that pic interesting.


Okay, the head is the early version with the 3 fans. I have not paid any attention to battery tubes.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices 

Review Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 1046
Location: Sweden

cant be right if the head has no holes, the hot air must exit somehow… i dont get it they also dont post more pics on their website also which is weird since the thing is official now anyways…

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 1885

I don’t think it needs any holes if the external heatsink fins are blown with external fan. The MCPCB in the head will have full contact with the external heatsink.

cool i'll see you when you get there

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8302
Location: Houston Texas

mortuus wrote:
cant be right if the head has no holes, the hot air must exit somehow… i dont get it they also dont post more pics on their website also which is weird since the thing is official now anyways…

It would be great if they routed the air through the inside of the light. They could have it contact so much more surface area and be really efficient.

At this point in time it looks like they abandoned the integrated active cooling, like Olight did with the X9, and just added a fan to the outside.

I’m sure we will see new pics soon we just have to be patient.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices 

Review Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light

bin1007652313
bin1007652313's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 8 hours ago
Joined: 09/02/2016 - 03:45
Posts: 2

8号就发货了,外观不可能改变了。X70是为了针对MS12赶工干出来的,肯定会有升级版 X70GT

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 1046
Location: Sweden
bin1007652313 wrote:
8号就发货了,外观不可能改变了。X70是为了针对MS12赶工干出来的,肯定会有升级版 X70GT

On the 8th, it was shipped, and the appearance could not be changed. X70 is for the MS12 to work out, there will definitely be an upgraded version of the X70GT

translated his chinese..

so if im reading this right it means they have plans for an x70gt ? seems acebeam dont want imlent to be near their lights in terms of lumens lol..

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

klrman
klrman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 11/07/2016 - 22:44
Posts: 1774
Location: Canada

mortuus wrote:
bin1007652313 wrote:
8号就发货了,外观不可能改变了。X70是为了针对MS12赶工干出来的,肯定会有升级版 X70GT
On the 8th, it was shipped, and the appearance could not be changed. X70 is for the MS12 to work out, there will definitely be an upgraded version of the X70GT translated his chinese.. so if im reading this right it means they have plans for an x70gt ? seems acebeam dont want imlent to be near their lights in terms of lumens lol..

 

I wonder if it's worth waiting for the x70gt?  I would think that it would not only have more lumens, but maybe figure out any short comings that the x70 may have had.

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 847
Location: Athens Greece.

klrman wrote:

mortuus wrote:
bin1007652313 wrote:
8号就发货了,外观不可能改变了。X70是为了针对MS12赶工干出来的,肯定会有升级版 X70GT
On the 8th, it was shipped, and the appearance could not be changed. X70 is for the MS12 to work out, there will definitely be an upgraded version of the X70GT translated his chinese.. so if im reading this right it means they have plans for an x70gt ? seems acebeam dont want imlent to be near their lights in terms of lumens lol..

 


I wonder if it’s worth waiting for the x70gt?  I would think that it would not only have more lumens, but maybe figure out any short comings that the x70 may have had.


Perhaps upgrading the cooling system.
klrman
klrman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 11/07/2016 - 22:44
Posts: 1774
Location: Canada

Could be.  Would be nice if acebeam also considered the many around here, including myself, to be decent enough to offer the X70GT with an option to "not" use a battery pack.  I just hate battery packs and want to monitor all my own cells than trust a pack.

SKV89
Online
Last seen: 2 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1486
Location: US
klrman wrote:

mortuus wrote:
bin1007652313 wrote:
8号就发货了,外观不可能改变了。X70是为了针对MS12赶工干出来的,肯定会有升级版 X70GT
On the 8th, it was shipped, and the appearance could not be changed. X70 is for the MS12 to work out, there will definitely be an upgraded version of the X70GT translated his chinese.. so if im reading this right it means they have plans for an x70gt ? seems acebeam dont want imlent to be near their lights in terms of lumens lol..

 


I wonder if it’s worth waiting for the x70gt?  I would think that it would not only have more lumens, but maybe figure out any short comings that the x70 may have had.

I remember reading they revised the X65 atleast once to fix some bugs and increase the output from the original. However, things like this is never guaranteed. Isn’t the X80GT, the only GT Acebeam ever did?

DIPSTIX
Offline
Last seen: 54 min 33 sec ago
Joined: 11/30/2017 - 04:56
Posts: 183

Do we even need an x70GT I mean it cant even do 60k lumens for a minute before stepping down

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 1046
Location: Sweden

Acebeam posted these 2 pics on facebook its the highest mode according to them,,, kinda low quality not sure why they dont shine the lights at longer distances showing the lights true potential ?

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

charles lin
charles lin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 17:08
Posts: 355
Location: SoCal, US

Here are some Acebeam X70 unboxing pictures & Beamshots from Chinese Flash forum. Enjoy! Wink
Packaging


Detail



Size Comparison
x70, ms12, r90c


X70, X80, Feilong, BLF GT70


BeamShots Comparison


mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 1046
Location: Sweden

no metal case? shame… those looked cool way better pics then posted on fb. really weird no steel bezel also should have kept that imo for that extra nicer looking touch, but im sure that light will be crazy fun on highest mode hehe.

Hard to see any difference between the ms12 and x70 actually its almost like the same light…

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 847
Location: Athens Greece.

I like the R90C,so I’ve got one.I believe that it is the best compromise. Many Lumens plus many candelas.I am very satisfied. Smile

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8302
Location: Houston Texas

charles lin wrote:
Her
X70, X80, BLF GT70


Hey, an MS2010! A much older fan cooled light. I never see those around.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices 

Review Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light

59
59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 10/08/2018 - 09:55
Posts: 2
Location: China

they modify MS2010,use xhp35hi,almost 10000Lm

charles lin
charles lin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 17:08
Posts: 355
Location: SoCal, US

mortuus wrote:
no metal case? shame… those looked cool way better pics then posted on fb. really weird no steel bezel also should have kept that imo for that extra nicer looking touch, but im sure that light will be crazy fun on highest mode hehe.

Hard to see any difference between the ms12 and x70 actually its almost like the same light…


I personally don’t like heavy & bulky metal box; IMO, soft carry case is more pratical. I agree SS bezel looks much better. In 1st beamshot, X70 throw much better than MS12.
DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 1885

X70 beams are so even.. no obvious darker spots.
That’s good charging implementation for battery pack. If one needs to unscrew battery pack to charge, why don’t let one use their own batteries. Imalent must be over thinking about waterproof.

cool i'll see you when you get there

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8302
Location: Houston Texas

Has it been determined yet if the X70 is blowing air into the flashlight or is it just blowing air across the outside of it?

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices 

Review Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 1885

JasonWW wrote:
Has it been determined yet if the X70 is blowing air into the flashlight or is it just blowing air across the outside of it?

Blowing air into flashlight is worse than across the outside.
The heatsink must act as highway for the heat to transfer out of MCPCB. This is conduction of heat transfer which is more efficient than convection. External fin need fan to do efficient convection transfer. Acebeam has nailed it.

cool i'll see you when you get there

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8302
Location: Houston Texas

DENGOH wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
Has it been determined yet if the X70 is blowing air into the flashlight or is it just blowing air across the outside of it?

Blowing air into flashlight is worse than across the outside.
The heatsink must act as highway for the heat to transfer out of MCPCB. This is conduction of heat transfer which is more efficient than convection. External fin need fan to do efficient convection transfer. Acebeam has nailed it.

Having cooling fins hang down from the led shelf and forcing air across it is absolutely superior to blowing it across the outside. I’m pretty sure they abandoned this idea and went with the much less efficient external cooling, but some people think they still may be forcing air through the light. I was hoping for confirmation one way or the other.

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices 

Review Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 1885

I meant the inside closer to led MCPCB shell needs thermal mass acting as sink for conduction of heat. Outside fins that connect to this thermal mass need convection of heat through moving air, so fan is useful here. It is less efficient to make many holes inside to let wind through because conduction is more efficient inside and close to MCPCB. Unless it is done to reduce weight, else i don’t see why Acebeam wants to make fins inside.

cool i'll see you when you get there

SKV89
Online
Last seen: 2 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1486
Location: US

Wow the X70 throws farther and also more floody than the MS12 by a pretty good margin! I wonder if it’s because the flashlights were not aimed consistently. But if it is indeed a fair comparison, the X70 is much more powerful than the MS12. In some of those pics, it even throws almost as well as the R90C.

SKV89
Online
Last seen: 2 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1486
Location: US
59 wrote:
they modify MS2010,use xhp35hi,almost 10000Lm

Very interested in the MS2010. Do you have a link to the mod? Is it still with fan cooling? I also found an aspheric lens head for the MS2010. Wonder if that still retains fan cooling. https://www.yoycart.com/Product/10798930730/

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 8302
Location: Houston Texas
SKV89 wrote:
59 wrote:
they modify MS2010,use xhp35hi,almost 10000Lm

Very interested in the MS2010. Do you have a link to the mod? Is it still with fan cooling? I also found an aspheric lens head for the MS2010. Wonder if that still retains fan cooling. https://www.yoycart.com/Product/10798930730/


There is no need to remove the internal fan and it’s the only reason to use this as a host.

I assume they swapped the driver and run 4 × 26350? I wonder if the fan circuit is seperate from the driver?

My Convoy L6 thread with XHP70.2, Texas Avenger FET driver, Narsil v1.2 ramping firmware (old), lighted side switch and cut down SMO reflector. Lots of amp draws on stock driver as well. 

My Supfire L5-S thread with XHP70.2, 26350 cells (4,100 lumen!), Texas Avenger FET driver, NarsilM v1.0 ramping firmware and lighted side switch. My mini L6! 

9 NarsilM user videos for BLF Q8, GT, GT Mini and ROT66

Texas_Ace BLF Calibrated Lumen tube

Maukka Calibration Lights for DIY Lumen Measuring Devices 

Review Jaxmnve M1 Stainless 10180 Keychain light

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 1046
Location: Sweden
SKV89 wrote:
Wow the X70 throws farther and also more floody than the MS12 by a pretty good margin! I wonder if it’s because the flashlights were not aimed consistently. But if it is indeed a fair comparison, the X70 is much more powerful than the MS12. In some of those pics, it even throws almost as well as the R90C.

am i blind or how do u see any difference between them 2 ? i cant almost tell them apart…

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

59
59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 10/08/2018 - 09:55
Posts: 2
Location: China

sorry,i dont have the link to the mod.i just know it because someone want to modify ms2010 and send ms2010 to the seller in taobao and change LED into xhp35hi. https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5910572390?share=9105&fr=share&see_lz=0&sfc=we...
this is the link(comparing ms12,x70)(sorry for my bad English)

thijsco19
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2012 - 16:18
Posts: 1247
Location: Nearby Rotterdam, the Netherlands

DENGOH wrote:
I meant the inside closer to led MCPCB shell needs thermal mass acting as sink for conduction of heat. Outside fins that connect to this thermal mass need convection of heat through moving air, so fan is useful here. It is less efficient to make many holes inside to let wind through because conduction is more efficient inside and close to MCPCB. Unless it is done to reduce weight, else i don’t see why Acebeam wants to make fins inside.

Take a look at a computer cpu cooler ;). There is a lot of science behind them but there design let you understand it easily.
They dont have a lot of mass, instead they have a lot of surface area.
Cooling isn’t about mass, its about transfering the heat away from the source and being able to get rid of it quickly.

If you look at a cpu cooler, they have a solid base plate. Not to add mass as they are mostly not that big but to have an as big as possible contact plane with the cpu.

To move the heat away they, nowadays, rely on the use of heatpipes. They are far more effective than using conduction trough solid mass.
Quote from Wikipedia :
“The effective thermal conductivity varies with heat pipe length, and can approach 100 kW/(m⋅K) for long heat pipes, in comparison with approximately 0.4 kW/(m⋅K) for copper.”

If you can not get rind of the heat quickly, like in a flashlight, then adding mass will help to create a buffer. More mass means able to ‘absorb’ more heat.

Moral of the story, the best cooling possible in a flashlight is having a fan directly on a cooling fin structure at the bottom of the shelf.

Pages