Smallest 18350 light?

74 posts / 0 new
Last post
sac02
sac02's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 09/26/2016 - 15:18
Posts: 821
Location: TX

Any new players in this segment since last year?

Gebe
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 05/11/2013 - 17:04
Posts: 773
Location: State Of Jefferson

I recently purchased a Armytek Partner C1 V2 that was on sale for $17.00, (though shipping was $10.00), that takes both 16340 AND 18350 cells. It’s just under 3” long and a tad over 3/4” wide. It’s a neat little light.

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 28 min 46 sec ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 3274
Location: The Land of Enchantment

Gebe wrote:
Armytek Partner C1 V2

congrats, steal of a price

When I compare size I also like to focus on Weight

Armytek Partner C1 specified weight empty is 57 grams

there is also a Niteye Eye 10, spec 48 grams w clip

left to right
Ti S Mini 29 grams wout clip, 32 grams w clip, PT16 does not weigh 40 grams, it actually weighs 52 grams, or 57 grams with the new pocket clip, RRT-01 actual weight is 48 grams empty, w clip

The PT-16 is 2.75” tall and 1 1/8 wide, so shorter, lighter (w out clip), but fatter, than the Armytek

The Sunwayman T16R is the same weight as the Ti S Mini, and almost as short, but fatter.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 11859
Location: nyc

Wuben E345 and such?

Nice 2-stage twisty.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

sac02
sac02's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 09/26/2016 - 15:18
Posts: 821
Location: TX

Lightbringer wrote:
Wuben E345 and such?

Nice 2-stage twisty.

Wuben website says 16340 and no mention of 18350 compatibility. Diameter of 21mm makes me think it’s unlikely it will accept 18350.

Gebe
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 05/11/2013 - 17:04
Posts: 773
Location: State Of Jefferson
jon_slider wrote:
Gebe wrote:
Armytek Partner C1 V2
Armytek Partner C1 specified weight empty is 57 grams

55 grams. Big Smile

freefly
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 01/21/2016 - 14:50
Posts: 269
Location: AZ

sac02 wrote:
Any new players in this segment since last year?

Certainly not new, but I didn’t see it on the list yet:

NiteEye Eye10.

Not the smallest @ 80mm x 24mm, but it’s a cool little rotary that will take 18350s. Beer

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 11859
Location: nyc

sac02 wrote:
Lightbringer wrote:
Wuben E345 and such?
Wuben website says 16340 and no mention of 18350 compatibility. Diameter of 21mm makes me think it’s unlikely it will accept 18350.

Dough! Yeah, 16340 only, just like the Jet-II. Was thinking for some reason it took an 18350, too.

I know I got something that takes an 18350, but Hell if I can recall what.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 28 min 46 sec ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 3274
Location: The Land of Enchantment

freefly][quote=sac02 wrote:
… NiteEye Eye10.

Not the smallest @ 80mm x 24mm, but it’s a cool little rotary that will take 18350s. Beer

I agree. Eye10 is the same as the RRT-01 except there are 11 detents on the Eye10 ring. I like detents, they allow repeatable light levels, the infinite RRT-01, can never be set to the same level twice. And the Eye 10 is still available, the RRT-01 is no longer for sale new.

nquinn
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 days ago
Joined: 09/11/2017 - 21:55
Posts: 263
Location: DC

Anyone know the lightest headlamp / right-angle 18350 or 14500 light?

Oddly it’s hard to find a body lighter than the h03 at 44g, and that’s for an 18650!

Would like to bring overall weight down though and use a 14500 or 18350 instead as the battery.

toddcshoe
toddcshoe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 01/24/2018 - 23:49
Posts: 2291
Location: Foley, MO

nquinn wrote:
Anyone know the lightest headlamp / right-angle 18350 or 14500 light?

Oddly it’s hard to find a body lighter than the h03 at 44g, and that’s for an 18650!

Would like to bring overall weight down though and use a 14500 or 18350 instead as the battery.

I don’t know about the weight but last time I was on the Illumn site they had the Thrunite TH20 on sale for $25. It takes a 14500 I believe.

"Everywhere I go, there I am"

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 28 min 46 sec ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 3274
Location: The Land of Enchantment

nquinn wrote:
the h03 at 44g, and that’s for an 18650!

Would like to bring overall weight down though and use a 14500 or 18350 instead as the battery.

if you add the 45gm for an 18650, that H03 comes to 89 grams

the 18350 Armytek Tiara (48gm), plus an 18350 (21gm), totals 69 grams..

Highly recommended: Armytek modded to High CRI from Clemence

Here is a post about the quad E21A mod

and a pic of some of Clemences Quad E21A 2000k, being tested in a light of mine (not a Tiara)

deleted-200707
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/16/2015 - 13:27
Posts: 1640
Location: mod-X

not exactly “B“LF, eh?

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 1 sec ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1573
Location: United States

toddcshoe wrote:
nquinn wrote:
Anyone know the lightest headlamp / right-angle 18350 or 14500 light?

Oddly it’s hard to find a body lighter than the h03 at 44g, and that’s for an 18650!

Would like to bring overall weight down though and use a 14500 or 18350 instead as the battery.

I don’t know about the weight but last time I was on the Illumn site they had the Thrunite TH20 on sale for $25. It takes a 14500 I believe.


I like my TH20, but from what I have read it is not very light compared to other headlights. Don’t have any specific data for comparison, I am sure Thrunite has the weight listed on their website.

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

Agro
Agro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 6172
Location: Ślōnsk

nquinn wrote:
Anyone know the lightest headlamp / right-angle 18350 or 14500 light?

Oddly it’s hard to find a body lighter than the h03 at 44g, and that’s for an 18650!

Would like to bring overall weight down though and use a 14500 or 18350 instead as the battery.


Maybe this ?
toddcshoe
toddcshoe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 01/24/2018 - 23:49
Posts: 2291
Location: Foley, MO

Ran across this. Andrew and Amanda have the Nitecore EC11 on sale for $39.00 right now. Don’t know for how long.

"Everywhere I go, there I am"

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 4113
Location: Vancouver, Canada

I’m sure someone could easily make a flashlight as small as the lux-rc minion.
All it takes is a small cylinder with the LEDs on the driver PCB and a piece of glass.
No optics or anything, just a mule.
Using flat LEDs like XP-L HIs or black flats could reduce the height even further.

Agro
Agro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 6172
Location: Ślōnsk

But for some reason nobody does it. Sad

Kindle
Kindle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 04/22/2011 - 10:24
Posts: 776
Location: USA

jon_slider wrote:
left to right
Ti S Mini 29 grams wout clip, 32 grams w clip, PT16 does not weigh 40 grams, it actually weighs 52 grams, or 57 grams with the new pocket clip, RRT-01 actual weight is 48 grams empty, w clip

The PT-16 is 2.75” tall and 1 1/8 wide, so shorter, lighter (w out clip), but fatter, than the Armytek

The Sunwayman T16R is the same weight as the Ti S Mini, and almost as short, but fatter.

If only they made a version of the S Mini sized for 18350. Le sigh.

derfyled
derfyled's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 04/16/2013 - 07:51
Posts: 225
Location: Canada
Enderman wrote:
I’m sure someone could easily make a flashlight as small as the lux-rc minion. All it takes is a small cylinder with the LEDs on the driver PCB and a piece of glass. No optics or anything, just a mule. Using flat LEDs like XP-L HIs or black flats could reduce the height even further.

A nice challenge for CRX !

CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 4199
Location: Scotland
Big Smile Smallest 18350 light I’ve made was the copper & aluminium triple with FET driver & tail clicky.

Length – 60 mm
Width – 25 mm
Weight – 97 grams (with cell)
Max – 1400lm

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 28 min 46 sec ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 3274
Location: The Land of Enchantment

10/11/2018

jon_slider wrote:
Eye10 is the same as the RRT-01 except there are 11 detents on the Eye10 ring. I like detents, they allow repeatable light levels

1/6/2019
update, I disagree with my former self

I tried an Eye10 and the detents are inconsistent and not spaced to my liking

it has given me a new appreciation for my RRT-01 smooth ramping dial… maybe I should try some hi cap IMR 18350… hmm

I think one of these protected button tops might be good.. the flat top version does not work in the RRT-01
pic is a link to review

HKJ wrote:
Keeppower 18350 1200mAh P1835C2 (Black) 2017

Can anyone confirm if these fit the RRT-01? (not too long?)

they are for sale here:
https://www.illumn.com/18350-keeppower-p1835c2-1200mah-protected-button-...

CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 4199
Location: Scotland

Probably too long. I made a custom flat top protected for my 01, very tight fit.
I had to grind the tail pin down and alter the RvPo ring to make it fit.
I could be wrong though, would be best if you could measure somehow with the cells you have and thin spacers?

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 28 min 46 sec ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 3274
Location: The Land of Enchantment
CRX wrote:
Probably too long.

darn
Protected Keepower, length: 39 mm
Protected Fenix 16340, length: 34 mm

maybe I need to go to the store and try the cell out in my RRT-01 before I buy it..

CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 4199
Location: Scotland

That would be good. Screw gently though, maybe with the o-ring off Wink

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 6380
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

MascaratumB wrote:
Some 16340s are longer than the 18350, though! I received a Wuben 16340, protected, that is longer than the Aspire 18350 unprotected.
It is not larger,though!
CR123A is taller than 16340 too.
A 16340 with USB charging PCB is the same length as a CR123A.
Often 16340 lights are also meant to take CR123A, or vice versa.
will34
will34's picture
Offline
Last seen: 34 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 12/18/2012 - 00:12
Posts: 3896

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I’m curious about if anyone here carries a 18350 flashlight in the keychain and how does it work out for you.

I’m interested in the new amutorch E3S which is probably the shortest 18350 triple out there, but now I’m not sure if to get it or save some money and convert my FW3A into the shorty which will cost me $13 with shipping. Ideally it would be the D4V2 or KR4 because of the fancy aux leds but i don’t how how bulky/heavy would that be on a keychain.

I don’t want to get a 16340 light because I am already carrying a Jetbeam mkii modded with a FET driver. Beam is pretty amazing but the short runtime has failed me on several occasions.

Any input is appreciated.

Unheard
Online
Last seen: 7 min 58 sec ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 939
Location: Germany

will34 wrote:
I don’t want to get a 16340 light because I am already carrying a Jetbeam mkii modded with a FET driver. Beam is pretty amazing but the short runtime has failed me on several occasions.

Any input is appreciated.


The Jetbeam is pretty small. Not sure you want a short D4V2 on your keychain.

Also, if you like the Jet-II beam, would you want to replace it for a floody light?

Edit: I cannot prove it, but would consider that the Jetbeam may have a longer runtime than the D4V2/18350 at the same brightness.

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 28 min 46 sec ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 3274
Location: The Land of Enchantment
will34 wrote:
I’m interested in … amutorch E3S, … FW3A … shorty, … D4V2, …KR4,… Jetbeam mkii … short runtime has failed me

I would research to find the weight, with battery inside, for each of the 5 lights you mention, and then choose the lowest carry weight, in a light with the features you want.

No matter what light you choose, carry a spare battery, so runtime will not be an issue.

here is an example of a 16340 battery storage case that is quite small and lightweight

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 5267
Location: Portugal

will34 wrote:
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I’m curious about if anyone here carries a 18350 flashlight in the keychain and how does it work out for you.

I’m interested in the new amutorch E3S which is probably the shortest 18350 triple out there, but now I’m not sure if to get it or save some money and convert my FW3A into the shorty which will cost me $13 with shipping. Ideally it would be the D4V2 or KR4 because of the fancy aux leds but i don’t how how bulky/heavy would that be on a keychain.

I don’t want to get a 16340 light because I am already carrying a Jetbeam mkii modded with a FET driver. Beam is pretty amazing but the short runtime has failed me on several occasions.

Any input is appreciated.


You may want to check this: http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1661696#comment-1661696

BTW, in case you prefer longer runtimes, you can get a light that takes 14500 and get some Vapcell or Shockli cells that are above 1000mAh. (more than the 800mAh that the best 16340 has). Thumbs Up

[REVIEWS] ACEBEAM: H20 / TK16 // AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 // BLITZWOLF: BW-ET1 // BRINYTE: T28 / PT18pro / PT28 // DQG: AA Slim Ti // FIREFLIES: ROT66 GEN II // HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA // KLARUS: XT1C // LIVARNOLUX: 314791 // LUMINTOP: Tool AA V2.0 + Tool 25 // NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 // ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 // OLIGHT: M2R Warrior // ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro // ROVYVON: A2 + A5R / E300S / A8 // SKILHUNT: M150 / M200 // SOFIRN: SF14 + SP10A / SP32A / SP10B // WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 / E10 / TO50R / E19 // XTAR: PB2 Charger // Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3/ 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 // TIR: 1 / 2 // Others: Biscotti 3 + 1*7135 / Triple TIR w/ XP-G2 /// My Collection /// My Review's Blog (PT) /// OL Contest 2019 /// GIVEAWAY: 1 / 2

Pages