ReyLight Ti LAN with Winter Frost finish and ano'd.

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2056
Location: 1200km away from home.
ReyLight Ti LAN with Winter Frost finish and ano'd.

Ready to ship.

Nichia 219c 4000k:
10 trits slots, 79$, (no ano’d)
16 trits slots, 84$. Ano’d = 134$

XPL 6500K, max 800 lumens,
10 trits slots, 84$, (no ano’d)
16 trits slots, 89$. Ano’d = 139$

Ano’d Ti washer = 4$, fits LAN and Pineapple.

Trits available: yellow, red, orange, purple, white, pink
6$/pc, add 5$ for installation.

ice blue and green will be back in stock in 1st week of Nov.

Specs:
ReyLight Ti LAN V3
Material: Solid titanium (Ti-6Al-4V / Grade 5)
LED: 4000K Nichia 219C high CRI (Color Rendering Index)
Reverse polarity protection
LVP (low voltage protection) for Li-ion battery
Temperature control to avoid overheating problems
Anti-reflective coated lens
Aluminum alloy orange peel reflector
Easy clicky switch operation
Tail-stand capability
Pocket clip
Dimensions: 3.8 × 0.8 in (9.7 × 2.1 cm)
Weight: 2.3 oz (65 g) without battery
Green GITD O-ring

Easy operation:
Click to turn on, tap to cycle modes.
Click again to turn off.
Starts at moon everytime by default. 8 quick taps will activate the memory function.
It will remember the last used mode. Another 8 taps will turn off the memory.

Paypal: rey@reylight.net

1
2
3
4
5
6
output chart
ano'd
ano'd 1

Reverse clip
reverse clip
washer1
washer2
clip--clipless
Ti washer

Formerly known as: WWEFANS

Edited by: ReyLight on 11/01/2018 - 13:00
joechina
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 03/05/2016 - 08:23
Posts: 1435
Location: Germany

How are the colors and patterns done?
Heat-treating, anodising, paint?

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2056
Location: 1200km away from home.
joechina wrote:
How are the colors and patterns done? Heat-treating, anodising, paint?

Anodize.

Formerly known as: WWEFANS

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 50 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 3179
Location: US

This is my favorite AA light. I would buy it if I didn’t already have one. I’m waiting for a copper version. I already have the Brass pineapple.

marcus_z
marcus_z's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 06/08/2017 - 09:55
Posts: 36
Location: Germany

So the Ano’d Ti washers are for sale too i.e. you would sell and ship them solo?

The camo Lan has a really nice touch, the others are not my cup of tea but beautiful!

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2056
Location: 1200km away from home.

ship them solo, yes.

Edit: 4$ free shipping, un-registered airmail, might add 2$ for a tracking number.

Formerly known as: WWEFANS

Agro
Agro's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 4754
Location: Ślōnsk

The Ano’d ones are absolutely gorgeous. But I wonder, how durable is the finish?

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2056
Location: 1200km away from home.
Agro wrote:
The Ano’d ones are absolutely gorgeous. But I wonder, how durable is the finish?

Shipped a few dozens in April, havn’t received any report yet.

Formerly known as: WWEFANS

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 50 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 3179
Location: US

Is the winter frost finish any different from the previous batch in April? Is it lighter color?

jmm244
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 07/23/2012 - 22:39
Posts: 169
Location: US North Coast
SKV89 wrote:
…I’m waiting for a copper version…

Looks like he’s working on it. He was halfway there back in January, but being a Rey Ye design, his half copper Mokume LAN looks way better than any all copper light I have:

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/58594

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 50 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 3179
Location: US

Rey makes high quality products for sure but that Mokume Lan is kind of out of reach for me. I just want regular copper.

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2056
Location: 1200km away from home.
SKV89 wrote:
Is the winter frost finish any different from the previous batch in April? Is it lighter color?

Yes, lighter color.

Formerly known as: WWEFANS

Agro
Agro's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 4754
Location: Ślōnsk
WWEFANS wrote:
Agro wrote:
The Ano’d ones are absolutely gorgeous. But I wonder, how durable is the finish?

Shipped a few dozens in April, havn’t received any report yet.


Thanks for the answer.

These lights are in general out of my price range. Way out of my price range.
But if there was a nice keychain-sized light with that PCB ano and that light could go on my neck for years and still look good – I would strongly consider getting one….or 2 (the other for my woman).

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2056
Location: 1200km away from home.
Agro wrote:
WWEFANS wrote:
Agro wrote:
The Ano’d ones are absolutely gorgeous. But I wonder, how durable is the finish?

Shipped a few dozens in April, havn’t received any report yet.


Thanks for the answer.

These lights are in general out of my price range. Way out of my price range.
But if there was a nice keychain-sized light with that PCB ano and that light could go on my neck for years and still look good – I would strongly consider getting one….or 2 (the other for my woman).

Thank you. Honestly speaking, for a smaller Ti light, the ano costs more than the light itself.

Formerly known as: WWEFANS

Agro
Agro's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 4754
Location: Ślōnsk
WWEFANS wrote:
Agro wrote:
WWEFANS wrote:
Agro wrote:
The Ano’d ones are absolutely gorgeous. But I wonder, how durable is the finish?

Shipped a few dozens in April, havn’t received any report yet.


Thanks for the answer.

These lights are in general out of my price range. Way out of my price range.
But if there was a nice keychain-sized light with that PCB ano and that light could go on my neck for years and still look good – I would strongly consider getting one….or 2 (the other for my woman).

Thank you. Honestly speaking, for a smaller Ti light, the ano costs more than the light itself.


I see. Frankly, the cost breakup doesn’t matter much.
The look is both unique and beautiful. That’s a major part of the cost regardless of size, but that’s a major part of value as well. If AAA or 10180 light costs exactly as much as an AA one….is there anything wrong about it?
ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2056
Location: 1200km away from home.
Agro wrote:
WWEFANS wrote:
Agro wrote:
WWEFANS wrote:
Agro wrote:
The Ano’d ones are absolutely gorgeous. But I wonder, how durable is the finish?

Shipped a few dozens in April, havn’t received any report yet.


Thanks for the answer.

These lights are in general out of my price range. Way out of my price range.
But if there was a nice keychain-sized light with that PCB ano and that light could go on my neck for years and still look good – I would strongly consider getting one….or 2 (the other for my woman).

Thank you. Honestly speaking, for a smaller Ti light, the ano costs more than the light itself.


I see. Frankly, the cost breakup doesn’t matter much.
The look is both unique and beautiful. That’s a major part of the cost regardless of size, but that’s a major part of value as well. If AAA or 10180 light costs exactly as much as an AA one….is there anything wrong about it?

Price difference comes with the flashlights, not the anodize.

Formerly known as: WWEFANS

charles lin
charles lin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 17:08
Posts: 381
Location: SoCal, US

Rey, About XPL 5000K LED. Is it XPL HD or XPL Hi?

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2056
Location: 1200km away from home.
charles lin wrote:
Rey, About XPL 5000K LED. Is it XPL HD or XPL Hi?

HD.

Formerly known as: WWEFANS

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2056
Location: 1200km away from home.

Reverse clip
reverse clip
washer1
washer2
clip--clipless
Ti washer

Formerly known as: WWEFANS

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 1 min ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 3826
Location: The Motor City

What no copper? Silly

KB1428 “Live Life WOT

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2056
Location: 1200km away from home.

oh, I forgot about it.

Formerly known as: WWEFANS

nokoff
nokoff's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 12/12/2013 - 20:26
Posts: 341
Location: East Coast USA

One may forget an appointment, an anniversary. even their own children’s birthday, but one can never forget copper lol.

I have my order in for the Winter Frost. I think a warm copper is just the thing for next Summer.

Nokoff..still Made in China 山寨主義

screwgrinder
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/23/2018 - 13:18
Posts: 1
Location: Moscow Russian Federation

Beautiful ti.light !

Agro
Agro's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 4754
Location: Ślōnsk

Rey,
I’ve been worried about the durability of this finish, that’s what stopped me from buying it.
There are others expressing concern in the FW3A thread:
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1457578#comment-1457578

Browsing the net I found that there are ways to put images on Alu anodization:

https://www.finishing.com/458/34.shtml
https://hardcoatinc.com/hard-imaging/

I would love to know what do you think about it.

JamesB
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 08/24/2011 - 14:43
Posts: 865
Location: France
Agro wrote:
The Ano’d ones are absolutely gorgeous. But I wonder, how durable is the finish?

I’ve had a lot of anodized ti gadgets over the years, the ano wears of very quickly with the slightest repeated rubing of even a soft pocket.

Do not expect to use the item and keep the ano on it, it will disapear, shelf queen only application.