FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

13164 posts / 0 new
Last post
SKY69
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 11/13/2018 - 17:41
Posts: 111

I definitely want to be on the list for one

autoxer
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/27/2018 - 12:18
Posts: 8
Location: United States

I am currently on the list for 2 lights (#1466 and #1567). I would like to stay on the list, but only for 1 light total. Can you please remove one of my requests? Pepinfaxera, thanks so much for your management of this! It’s much appreciated.

pepinfaxera
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 06/25/2015 - 12:53
Posts: 265
Location: Gijón - Spain - Europe

SKY69 wrote:
I definitely want to be on the list for one
.

autoxer wrote:
I am currently on the list for 2 lights (#1466 and #1567). I would like to stay on the list, but only for 1 light total. Can you please remove one of my requests? Pepinfaxera, thanks so much for your management of this! It’s much appreciated.
.
O.K.

Sorry for my bad English
(google translator) , (https://www.deepl.com/translator)

Jambo
Jambo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/14/2017 - 17:21
Posts: 33

Has the LED been selected yet? I trawled through all the posts a while back, but kind of forgotten what the result of the survey was. I not it’s not a popular choice, but personally I prefer the cool whites.

netprince
Offline
Last seen: 57 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 06/14/2012 - 13:48
Posts: 517
Location: Virginia
lionheart_2281 wrote:
Virisenox_ wrote:
Is it too late to get my name on that list?

Nah never too late mate, this is the never ending project with zero communication and even less progress Big Smile

hehe, thanks for that, I needed a chuckle…

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 16 hours ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Jambo wrote:
Has the LED been selected yet? I trawled through all the posts a while back, but kind of forgotten what the result of the survey was. I not it’s not a popular choice, but personally I prefer the cool whites.
At the time the Poll results were sent to Lumintop, the XP-L HI was leading the Samsung as first choice.

“Popular choice” or not…. I too prefer the cooler side of NW. Thumbs Up

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9745
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
nsk1979 wrote:
Did you try Fenix AOD-S Diffuser for FW3A?

Yes, I have one now. There is good news and bad news.

The good news:

  • It fits, and is tight.
  • It is very sturdy.

The bad news:

  • It is too transparent, so the light comes out unevenly. More light out the front, not enough out the sides.
  • It diffracts light like a prism, so the forward-emitted light is yellow and the side-emitted light is blue… even with a good emitter inside, like a Nichia 219B.

So it’s not ideal. But it does at least work.

Tech25
Online
Last seen: 7 min 25 sec ago
Joined: 07/29/2018 - 22:37
Posts: 33
Location: NY

I may have missed it, but are the optics user replaceable?

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 16 hours ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Tech25 wrote:
I may have missed it, but are the optics user replaceable?
Hmmmmm, they should be.

A Carclo 10511 is being used. So unless things are glued together it should be replaceable.

BUT, if I happen to be wrong….
……I am positive this statement will be corrected. Big Smile .. Wink

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Virisenox_
Virisenox_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2017 - 11:37
Posts: 218
Location: Central Indiana

Can I get on the list please?

Reviewer for ThorFire, Olight, Sofirn, and others.

More active on Reddit: /u/Virisenox_


 

"I go hard."

- Zeroair

"Don't quote me on that."

- Zeroair

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 3915
Location: Portugal

Virisenox_ wrote:
Can I get on the list please?

You have asked some posts ago, but the list hasn’te been updated yet! pepinfaxera will do that and add your name! Please be patient Wink

[REVIEWS] AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 + SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 /// ACEBEAM: H20 / TK16 /// BLITZWOLF: BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 / E10 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 + A5R / E300S / A8 /// KLARUS: XT1C /// LUMINTOP: Tool AA V2.0 + Tool 25 /// LIVARNOLUX: 314791 /// SKILHUNT: M150

Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 /// TIR Lenses: 1 / 2 /// Others: Biscotti 3 + 1*7135 / Triple TIR w/ XP-G2 ///// My Collection ///// My Review's Blog (PT)

GIVEAWAY: 1

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9745
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
Tech25 wrote:
I may have missed it, but are the optics user replaceable?

Yes, it is meant to be easy to change the optic. It uses a standard cheap optic which is available in a few different varieties.

Tech25
Online
Last seen: 7 min 25 sec ago
Joined: 07/29/2018 - 22:37
Posts: 33
Location: NY

Thank you teacher and ToyKeeper!

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 16 hours ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

^^^^ My pleasure…. Thumbs Up . ^^^^

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

pendo
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/28/2016 - 17:52
Posts: 4

Please add me for 1.

Thanks

wyatt1209
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 11/22/2018 - 13:25
Posts: 33

I would like to be put down for 1 light. I’ve never used this forum before so if I’m posting in the wrong place or need to give additional info, please let me know.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 11156
Location: Houston Texas

wyatt1209 wrote:
I would like to be put down for 1 light. I’ve never used this forum before so if I’m posting in the wrong place or need to give additional info, please let me know.

This is the right place. You’ll see your name on the list after the next update in a week or so. Welcome to BLF.
SKY69
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 11/13/2018 - 17:41
Posts: 111

I don’t see me name on the list yet so I figured I would repeat me request for one again here. I definitely want one of these lights

thisnameisvalid
thisnameisvalid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 39 min ago
Joined: 06/03/2017 - 15:54
Posts: 149
Location: England, United Kingdom

I also checked the list and can’t see my name. Interested in 1 light. Thanks.

Current rotation lights: EDC; FW3A (XP-L Hi 5D) | Headlamp; H03 (NW) | Thrower; Emisar D1 (5D) | Keychain; Sofirn C01 (5600k)

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 3915
Location: Portugal
SKY69 wrote:
I don’t see me name on the list yet so I figured I would repeat me request for one again here. I definitely want one of these lights

As mentioned here (http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1413843#comment-1413843) your name will be added to the list being updated by pepinfaxera Wink

Please be patient Wink

thisnameisvalid wrote:
I also checked the list and can’t see my name. Interested in 1 light. Thanks.

Your name is here, on the updated list of pepinfaxera:
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1329701#comment-1329701 Smile

BTW folks, whenever you want to find if your names are on the lists use the “Search within thread function” and/or check the most recently updated list by pepinfaxera. He updates the list when he can, so sometimes it may take more than just a few days to do so Wink And we all need to thank him for the effort doing here so far Wink

[REVIEWS] AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 + SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 /// ACEBEAM: H20 / TK16 /// BLITZWOLF: BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 / E10 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 + A5R / E300S / A8 /// KLARUS: XT1C /// LUMINTOP: Tool AA V2.0 + Tool 25 /// LIVARNOLUX: 314791 /// SKILHUNT: M150

Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 /// TIR Lenses: 1 / 2 /// Others: Biscotti 3 + 1*7135 / Triple TIR w/ XP-G2 ///// My Collection ///// My Review's Blog (PT)

GIVEAWAY: 1

thisnameisvalid
thisnameisvalid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 39 min ago
Joined: 06/03/2017 - 15:54
Posts: 149
Location: England, United Kingdom
MascaratumB wrote:
SKY69 wrote:
I don’t see me name on the list yet so I figured I would repeat me request for one again here. I definitely want one of these lights

As mentioned here (http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1413843#comment-1413843) your name will be added to the list being updated by pepinfaxera Wink

Please be patient Wink

thisnameisvalid wrote:
I also checked the list and can’t see my name. Interested in 1 light. Thanks.

Your name is here, on the updated list of pepinfaxera:
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1329701#comment-1329701 Smile

BTW folks, whenever you want to find if your names are on the lists use the “Search within thread function” and/or check the most recently updated list by pepinfaxera. He updates the list when he can, so sometimes it may take more than just a few days to do so Wink And we all need to thank him for the effort doing here so far Wink

Facepalm Thanks…. didn’t realise there was an updated list!

Current rotation lights: EDC; FW3A (XP-L Hi 5D) | Headlamp; H03 (NW) | Thrower; Emisar D1 (5D) | Keychain; Sofirn C01 (5600k)

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 3915
Location: Portugal
thisnameisvalid wrote:
MascaratumB wrote:
SKY69 wrote:
I don’t see me name on the list yet so I figured I would repeat me request for one again here. I definitely want one of these lights

As mentioned here (http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1413843#comment-1413843) your name will be added to the list being updated by pepinfaxera Wink

Please be patient Wink

thisnameisvalid wrote:
I also checked the list and can’t see my name. Interested in 1 light. Thanks.

Your name is here, on the updated list of pepinfaxera:
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1329701#comment-1329701 Smile

BTW folks, whenever you want to find if your names are on the lists use the “Search within thread function” and/or check the most recently updated list by pepinfaxera. He updates the list when he can, so sometimes it may take more than just a few days to do so Wink And we all need to thank him for the effort doing here so far Wink

Facepalm Thanks…. didn’t realise there was an updated list!

Actually there are 2 lists, one in the 1st page (that is updated basing on pepinfaxera list) and the one I linked above, by pepinfaxera!
No problem at all Wink For the people not following the thread, it is hard to keep up sometimes, so we help each other Wink

[REVIEWS] AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 + SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 /// ACEBEAM: H20 / TK16 /// BLITZWOLF: BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 / E10 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 + A5R / E300S / A8 /// KLARUS: XT1C /// LUMINTOP: Tool AA V2.0 + Tool 25 /// LIVARNOLUX: 314791 /// SKILHUNT: M150

Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 /// TIR Lenses: 1 / 2 /// Others: Biscotti 3 + 1*7135 / Triple TIR w/ XP-G2 ///// My Collection ///// My Review's Blog (PT)

GIVEAWAY: 1

mpak87
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 days ago
Joined: 10/11/2018 - 00:51
Posts: 4
Location: Alaska

I would like to be put on the list for one, thank you to everyone who has put so much into it.

FW3A Team
FW3A Team's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 02/15/2018 - 03:28
Posts: 38
Location: This is not a real account. Contact Neal for support instead.

The interest list is finally updated in post #4.


- TK

FW3A thread – contact Neal on BLF or email for FW3A questions and support

pepinfaxera
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 06/25/2015 - 12:53
Posts: 265
Location: Gijón - Spain - Europe

I’m updating the list
Sorry I’m late,
I’ve been too late.
Excuse me. Excuse me.
.
SKY69: You have applied at Post #5360, #5376 and #5393.
How many flashlights do you want in total? … x … units?
.

Sorry for my bad English
(google translator) , (https://www.deepl.com/translator)

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9745
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3

I must love you guys or something, because I went through the entire thread history and categorized every post as a [+] request, a [-] cancellation, or a [c]omment with no effect on the list. All 5400 posts. With repeated + and – entries when people wanted more than one.

Here’s the complete list.

Pepinfaxera’s list was extremely helpful, but even with that, and even with the tool I wrote to help automate a lot of this, it still took a while. It’s pretty streamlined now though, so future updates should go faster.

pepinfaxera
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 06/25/2015 - 12:53
Posts: 265
Location: Gijón - Spain - Europe

Hi.
As soon as I finish updating my list,
I’ll report pending corrections.
I see
Post 4,
2 Bob_McBob: 1043 , 1125
Bob_McBob: has requested 3.

Bob_McBob wrote:
See # Post #2856
I’m 1038, could you put me down for another two please?

Sorry for my bad English
(google translator) , (https://www.deepl.com/translator)

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9745
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
pepinfaxera wrote:
Bob_McBob: has requested 3.

Good catch! I’m not surprised I missed something in 5400 comments. Smile

BurningPlayd0h
BurningPlayd0h's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 21 min ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 02:16
Posts: 628
Location: MN
Quote:
Location: gathering dust on Fritz’ shelf

Hahaha, ruthless.

cabfrank
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 11/19/2010 - 17:25
Posts: 2898
Location: healdsburg, california usa earth

We do feel loved, TK.

Pages