Lumintop GT4

686 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 36 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 7337
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)
Lumintop GT4

Hello my dear friends!

our friends from Lumintop posted their new lights (they will be finished after the chinese new year)

GT4, 4x XHP70.2

no specs available atm...

 

already member of M4DM4X.com ?

the best deals are waiting for YOU!

 

before you buy elsewhere mail me: MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will try to save you money!

Edited by: M4D M4X on 01/23/2019 - 04:40
M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 36 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 7337
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

reserved

 

already member of M4DM4X.com ?

the best deals are waiting for YOU!

 

before you buy elsewhere mail me: MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will try to save you money!

Agro
Agro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 4286
Location: Ślōnsk

Nice!
I wonder how would 7*Boost HX work. Should easily outthrow the original GT while having more output than GT70.

Kit Latura
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 10 hours ago
Joined: 05/10/2017 - 05:06
Posts: 67
Location: Spain

Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1415
Location: Australia

omg omg gotta have Smile

Nico -.-

Pöbel
Pöbel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 02/14/2013 - 08:27
Posts: 227
Location: Germany

omg. what did they think? WE MUST GO DERPER?

I like it. Can imagine to replace the GT70 with that thing.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15335
Location: Amsterdam

Finally a Shocker-shocker Smile

Plat
Plat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 10/31/2017 - 01:27
Posts: 62
Location: Australia

oh no, i was on a winning streak going this entire year so far without buying a light and now this thing comes to ruin it

Fate0n3
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 05/04/2013 - 12:36
Posts: 178
Location: US

Well there went the idea of I was done buying lights for awhile…… lol

bluereidon
bluereidon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/19/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 81
Location: Bulgaria

This would be over 20 000lumens for sure

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 1483
Location: Netherlands

Just WOW
That looks awesome. Looks like there is plenty of cooling surface area as well
Any guess om the price ?

Edited by: sb56637

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 19 sec ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 3623
Location: The Motor City

That’s how you do it, keep it on the low-down, then release it.

Outstanding job! Wink Beer Thumbs Up

KB1428 “Live Life WOT

Brainsick67
Brainsick67's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: 06/09/2018 - 18:53
Posts: 324
Location: United States

Cant FN wait.

I'm ThatCrazyFlashaholic 67

boostedsubie
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 days ago
Joined: 07/21/2017 - 15:21
Posts: 32
Location: United States

Sign me up!

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 1899
Location: Sweden

wow what a monster.. how many lumens 25k or more ? looks like a bigger version of the blf q8 the reflectors. Interesting concept, the big mass heatsinking looks good.

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

mcfarlie6996
mcfarlie6996's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 07/26/2014 - 13:58
Posts: 122
Location: Arizona
Agro wrote:
Should easily out throw the original GT

No. Not at all.

Maverick1947
Maverick1947's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 01/05/2018 - 19:53
Posts: 144
Location: Brazil, São Paulo

Ohh crap. Here we go again…

There’s no replacement for displacement.

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 923
Location: Athens Greece.

Me too.
I have enough big lights.BLF GT, Astrolux MF04 — MF04S ,Imalent DX80—R90C,Thrunite TN42—TN40S,Acebeam K70,Nitecore TM16GT.
So,I hope I don’t buy more.But looking at this new light,I don’t know if I keep my promise not to buy more. Smile

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8377
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Interesting, I was not aware they were announcing these yet.

Yes, the goal is similar throw to the GT70 but ~20k+ lumens.

Not sure how big the market will be but it will be a monster that is for sure.

Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 4 sec ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 3592
Location: California

Yokiamy wrote:
Just WOW
That looks awesome. Looks like there is plenty of cooling surface area as well
Any guess om the price ?
Yup looks great. Excellent heat fin setup on that light! Cash
Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8377
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

I am proud of the thermal setup on this light, I have had the basic idea for a long time but just never got it implemented on a light before.

It is roughly ~6-7lb right now but it would handle the heat quite well.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15335
Location: Amsterdam

Firelight2 wrote:
Yokiamy wrote:
Just WOW
That looks awesome. Looks like there is plenty of cooling surface area as well
Any guess om the price ?
Yup looks great. Excellent heat fin setup on that light! Cash

Those fins are no luxury.
bluereidon
bluereidon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/19/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 81
Location: Bulgaria

Texas_Ace wrote:
Interesting, I was not aware they were announcing these yet.

Yes, the goal is similar throw to the GT70 but ~20k+ lumens.

Not sure how big the market will be but it will be a monster that is for sure.


If it throws the same as GT70 but it’s much brighter I will skip buying GT70 and go straight for this one! Insane!
DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 29 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 7239
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA
mcfarlie6996 wrote:
Agro wrote:
Should easily out throw the original GT

No. Not at all.


You don’t think 7x Boost HX in the 120mm diameter head of a GT would out-throw the original XHP35 HI GT? You may be right. I certainly don’t know. But, care to elaborate? Big Smile

EDIT: Roughly, each Boost HX would get a 40mm diameter reflector opening with very little overlap or a larger diameter with more overlap between them.

The Cycle of Goodness: “No one prospers without rendering benefit to others”
- The YKK Philosophy

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8377
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

bluereidon wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Interesting, I was not aware they were announcing these yet.

Yes, the goal is similar throw to the GT70 but ~20k+ lumens.

Not sure how big the market will be but it will be a monster that is for sure.


If it throws the same as GT70 but it’s much brighter I will skip buying GT70 and go straight for this one! Insane!
DavidEF wrote:
mcfarlie6996 wrote:
Agro wrote:
Should easily out throw the original GT

No. Not at all.


You don’t think 7x Boost HX in the 120mm diameter head of a GT would out-throw the original XHP35 HI GT? You may be right. I certainly don’t know. But, care to elaborate? Big Smile

EDIT: Roughly, each Boost HX would get a 40mm diameter reflector opening with very little overlap or a larger diameter with more overlap between them.

Both of these are kinda the same so I will reply together.

In my experience, a multi-emitter light will generally only have slightly less throw vs a single emitter in the same space assuming that the reflector cups are well made of course.

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 29 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 7239
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

Texas_Ace wrote:

In my experience, a multi-emitter light will generally only have slightly less throw vs a single emitter in the same space assuming that the reflector cups are well made of course.

So… if that be the case, since the Boost HX has a MUCH better luminance than XHP35 HI, can it be true that 7x Boost HX would easily beat 1x XHP35 HI in throw?

The Cycle of Goodness: “No one prospers without rendering benefit to others”
- The YKK Philosophy

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9656
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
Texas_Ace wrote:
Quote:
GT4, 4x XHP70.2

Interesting, I was not aware they were announcing these yet.

Is this why you’ve been asking about overheating issues lately?

The_Driver
The_Driver's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 51 min ago
Joined: 10/20/2016 - 05:51
Posts: 1369
Location: Germany
DavidEF wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
In my experience, a multi-emitter light will generally only have slightly less throw vs a single emitter in the same space assuming that the reflector cups are well made of course.
So… if that be the case, since the Boost HX has a MUCH better luminance than XHP35 HI, can it be true that 7x Boost HX would easily beat 1x XHP35 HI in throw?

Yes, but only for a very short bit of time. The light will get hot quickly and the batteries will also empty quickly.

AlexGT
AlexGT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 06/07/2012 - 17:39
Posts: 4299
Location: Texas

I want one!!!

AlexGT
AlexGT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 06/07/2012 - 17:39
Posts: 4299
Location: Texas

Do you think going for a 21700 battery setup would be better for powering this monster?

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8377
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
DavidEF wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
In my experience, a multi-emitter light will generally only have slightly less throw vs a single emitter in the same space assuming that the reflector cups are well made of course.
So… if that be the case, since the Boost HX has a MUCH better luminance than XHP35 HI, can it be true that 7x Boost HX would easily beat 1x XHP35 HI in throw?

Yes, this sounds reasonable to me, although not sure how much it would beat it, I would feel safer saying it would match it.

Pages