[GB] RovyVon A6 with NICHIA! Group buy! This one has a 4500K tint and CRI of at least 90 thanks to the Nichia 219C R9050 LED.

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
zeroair
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 11/27/2015 - 22:55
Posts: 65
[GB] RovyVon A6 with NICHIA! Group buy! This one has a 4500K tint and CRI of at least 90 thanks to the Nichia 219C R9050 LED.

Hey everyone! I’m running a group buy over on reddit, for the Nichia version of the RovyVon Aurora A6. They already have it listed on their site, but the group buy will get 20% off!

Commenting “In” here is just fine! (no need to join reddit.)

Head over to reddit to join!

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/a5aekn/gb_rovyvon_a6_with_n...

Here’s the full text:

After my RovyVon Aurora A5 review there was some discussion about how awesome a Nichia version would be.

So I pushed some buttons (it’s what I’m good at.) (The only thing I’m better at is ending sentences with prepositions.)

Then I went and reviewed the RovyVon A2 and A3, and pushed even harder for a Nichia version.

RovyVon is a responsive company. Ken, my main contact, was interested in making what we like. In fact, their newest light, the E300S (which I also reviewed) already has a Nichia version upcoming.

But Ken put in motion the Nichia Aurora lights. It’s been available for a week or so, but Ken agreed to run a “Group Buy” price. This will be ~20% off the listed price. The listed price is $44.95 at rovyvon.com. So the group buy price should be in the $36 range, and should include shipping, and will ship to anywhere in the world. Even Canada.

Here’s the light – it’s a clear poly body, but not GITD [womp womp]. Still it’s a great little light! It will have the same UI as the Aurora lights I reviewed.

https://i.imgur.com/34mYgx9.png

In order to get the GB price, Ken wants 50 participants. The GB possibility will run from now til this time next Tuesday. Tell your friends! Just reply on reddit with an “In!” (if you don’t have a reddit account, well, get one, they’re free! but you may also reply here on BLF). We’ll see where we are next Tuesday.

This post is subject to being edited. If there is an update to anything major, like price, I’ll update right at the very top.

Thanks! Any questions, please ask!

Edited by: zeroair on 12/13/2018 - 13:29
MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 3188
Location: Portugal

Oh man, I’ve just posted my review of the A2 an A5R and said “I guess I’ll have to get the A6 as well!” and now you come with this? Shocked You wanna leave me bankrupt ? Silly

I bought the E300s this week after a Group Buy here on BLF. So…I will be bankrupt if I buy another one Oops
BTW, thanks for sharing your awesome review, I am happier now seeing that the XP-G3 can be “easily” replaced Big SmileParty

But…if I decide to get the A6, as I am not a reddit user, can we talk about that or it is imperious that I join the group?

Thanks ! Thumbs Up

REVIEWS: AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 & SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B018 /// ACEBEAM: H20 /// BLITZWOLF: BlitzWolf BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 & A5R / E300S / A8 ///

 Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7   TIR Lenses: 1 / 2   Others: Biscotti 3 & 1*7135     Triple TIR & XP-G2

 MY GIVEAWAY (FW3A)

zeroair
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 11/27/2015 - 22:55
Posts: 65
MascaratumB wrote:
if I decide to get the A6, as I am not a reddit user, can we talk about that or it is imperious that I join the group?

No need to join reddit. I’ll tally the “In’s” from BLF as well. Just comment here and say “In.” That’ll be good enough.

Thanks!

neBstress
neBstress's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 12 min ago
Joined: 11/20/2017 - 17:42
Posts: 136
Location: UK

I would have definitely been in on the group buy for the A6, I already have an A2 and A5 Thumbs Up

But I’m not on reddit nor do I intend to be.

zeroair
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 11/27/2015 - 22:55
Posts: 65

neBstress wrote:
I would have definitely been in on the group buy for the A6, I already have an A2 and A5 Thumbs Up

But I’m not on reddit nor do I intend to be.

In the original post I said that you don’t need to join reddit. You may post “In” here too. I also edited the OP to indicate that more clearly, too. Thanks.

neBstress
neBstress's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 12 min ago
Joined: 11/20/2017 - 17:42
Posts: 136
Location: UK
zeroair wrote:
In the original post I said that you don’t need to join reddit. You may post “In” here too. I also edited the OP to indicate that more clearly, too. Thanks.

Cool, I’m terrible for skimming through posts and always miss the important stuff Blushing

I’m in!

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 3188
Location: Portugal
zeroair wrote:
MascaratumB wrote:
if I decide to get the A6, as I am not a reddit user, can we talk about that or it is imperious that I join the group?

No need to join reddit. I’ll tally the “In’s” from BLF as well. Just comment here and say “In.” That’ll be good enough.

Thanks!

Oh, thanks for clarifying that Wink
Well, I can’t say ‘I’m In’, yet, I’ll have to look to my finances! I will post again before Tuesday so that you have the final list!

Damn…I don’t need…but I waaaaant… But I wanna buy stuff to mod other lights…. TiredOopsFacepalm

I’ll solve myself and will tell you later mate! Thanks again Wink

REVIEWS: AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 & SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B018 /// ACEBEAM: H20 /// BLITZWOLF: BlitzWolf BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 & A5R / E300S / A8 ///

 Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7   TIR Lenses: 1 / 2   Others: Biscotti 3 & 1*7135     Triple TIR & XP-G2

 MY GIVEAWAY (FW3A)

TheAuditor
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 13 sec ago
Joined: 12/04/2017 - 06:33
Posts: 224
Location: United Kingdom

I’m in

Bonum commune communitatis.

Yarp.

Magnificus
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/05/2016 - 19:08
Posts: 9

I’m in for one!

saypat
saypat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 11 sec ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 20:32
Posts: 3075
Location: Calif

interested….

the zeroair review site is one of my favorites!

zeroair
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 11/27/2015 - 22:55
Posts: 65
saypat wrote:
the zeroair review site is one of my favorites!

Hey, thank you! I appreciate that!!

Agro
Online
Last seen: 2 min 1 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 3429
Location: Ślōnsk

Looks like a great light!
But I have no budget for it. Sad

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 3188
Location: Portugal

Hey mate, after all I won’t be able to enter the GB for the Aurora A6 Oops
Some extra expenses appeared so I can’t get this one… Not this month at least Facepalm
Thanks again and I wish you luck on the GB Wink

REVIEWS: AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 & SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B018 /// ACEBEAM: H20 /// BLITZWOLF: BlitzWolf BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 & A5R / E300S / A8 ///

 Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7   TIR Lenses: 1 / 2   Others: Biscotti 3 & 1*7135     Triple TIR & XP-G2

 MY GIVEAWAY (FW3A)

zeroair
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 11/27/2015 - 22:55
Posts: 65

Update to this group buy. It’s a go!

Time to buy the Nichia RovyVon Aurora A6!!!

Head over to RovyVon and add the item to your cart. Click “Checkout.” On the right side of that page there’s a place to put the “Discount Code” – enter “REDDITGB” . Alternatively, click Paypal and you’ll be prompted to log in, and then you’ll enter the discount code.

Shipping should be free.

lotrbfme
Online
Last seen: 4 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 12/05/2018 - 18:03
Posts: 90
Location: FL

Thanks! Bought one!

Tom6
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 07/15/2018 - 02:45
Posts: 32
Location: Greece

Can you lock it?

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 3188
Location: Portugal

Tom6 wrote:
Can you lock it?

Nop, but there is no need Wink It has a “long” press to turn it ON, so an accidental activation is not a thing that happens easily !

REVIEWS: AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 & SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B018 /// ACEBEAM: H20 /// BLITZWOLF: BlitzWolf BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 & A5R / E300S / A8 ///

 Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7   TIR Lenses: 1 / 2   Others: Biscotti 3 & 1*7135     Triple TIR & XP-G2

 MY GIVEAWAY (FW3A)

Tom6
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 07/15/2018 - 02:45
Posts: 32
Location: Greece

thanks

xevious
xevious's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 02/27/2013 - 21:55
Posts: 334
Location: Hoboken, NJ USA

I’m bummed that I learned about the Aurora A6 too late… missed the group-buy. How is everyone enjoying their A6? Is this hard clear polymer shell pretty resistant to scratches from rubbing up against keys? How good does the Nichia tint look?

The original A5 is still offered on BG for $36 and then if you search for M4DM4X discount, it’s 20% off that. But I’d gladly pay $36 for the Nichia version. I had a Nitecore TIP CRI that I really liked, but it failed miserably on me. First was DOA, and replacement ended up dying after just 3 weeks. The Aurora A6 looks like a really interesting alternative.

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 3188
Location: Portugal

I’d suggest to take a look at the A8! In my opinion it is better than the A6 at the UI level ( no strobes and has Moonlight)!!

REVIEWS: AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 & SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B018 /// ACEBEAM: H20 /// BLITZWOLF: BlitzWolf BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 & A5R / E300S / A8 ///

 Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7   TIR Lenses: 1 / 2   Others: Biscotti 3 & 1*7135     Triple TIR & XP-G2

 MY GIVEAWAY (FW3A)

Jay
Online
Last seen: 1 min 58 sec ago
Joined: 07/02/2018 - 19:33
Posts: 88
Location: California

xevious wrote:
I’m bummed that I learned about the Aurora A6 too late… missed the group-buy. How is everyone enjoying their A6? Is this hard clear polymer shell pretty resistant to scratches from rubbing up against keys? How good does the Nichia tint look?

The original A5 is still offered on BG for $36 and then if you search for M4DM4X discount, it’s 20% off that. But I’d gladly pay $36 for the Nichia version. I had a Nitecore TIP CRI that I really liked, but it failed miserably on me. First was DOA, and replacement ended up dying after just 3 weeks. The Aurora A6 looks like a really interesting alternative.

FYI rovyvon.com currently has a sale that gives you 20% off the Auroras. Free shipping and it looks like they’re fulfilling from their US allocation. I’d recommend going with the A8 as well for the moonlight mode and no inline strobe.

xevious
xevious's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 02/27/2013 - 21:55
Posts: 334
Location: Hoboken, NJ USA

Jay wrote:
xevious wrote:
I’m bummed that I learned about the Aurora A6 too late… missed the group-buy. How is everyone enjoying their A6? Is this hard clear polymer shell pretty resistant to scratches from rubbing up against keys? How good does the Nichia tint look?

The original A5 is still offered on BG for $36 and then if you search for M4DM4X discount, it’s 20% off that. But I’d gladly pay $36 for the Nichia version. I had a Nitecore TIP CRI that I really liked, but it failed miserably on me. First was DOA, and replacement ended up dying after just 3 weeks. The Aurora A6 looks like a really interesting alternative.

FYI rovyvon.com currently has a sale that gives you 20% off the Auroras. Free shipping and it looks like they’re fulfilling from their US allocation. I’d recommend going with the A8 as well for the moonlight mode and no inline strobe.


Thanks — I didn’t see any 20% off shown…. does that get applied when you check out?
Jay
Online
Last seen: 1 min 58 sec ago
Joined: 07/02/2018 - 19:33
Posts: 88
Location: California

xevious wrote:
Jay wrote:
xevious wrote:
I’m bummed that I learned about the Aurora A6 too late… missed the group-buy. How is everyone enjoying their A6? Is this hard clear polymer shell pretty resistant to scratches from rubbing up against keys? How good does the Nichia tint look?

The original A5 is still offered on BG for $36 and then if you search for M4DM4X discount, it’s 20% off that. But I’d gladly pay $36 for the Nichia version. I had a Nitecore TIP CRI that I really liked, but it failed miserably on me. First was DOA, and replacement ended up dying after just 3 weeks. The Aurora A6 looks like a really interesting alternative.

FYI rovyvon.com currently has a sale that gives you 20% off the Auroras. Free shipping and it looks like they’re fulfilling from their US allocation. I’d recommend going with the A8 as well for the moonlight mode and no inline strobe.


Thanks — I didn’t see any 20% off shown…. does that get applied when you check out?

If you click the orange banner at the top of their home page, it’ll show you the details . Discount code is entered at checkout.

xevious
xevious's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 02/27/2013 - 21:55
Posts: 334
Location: Hoboken, NJ USA

Jay wrote:
If you click the orange banner at the top of their home page, it’ll show you the details . Discount code is entered at checkout.

Agg… I waited too long. It’s gone. Sad

Anyway, in a way that’s good because I’m intrigued by the A8 you mentioned and I’m thinking that would be a better light to go with, for just a little more money. It’s really great to see a brand nicely responsive to the flashlight community. I was actually able to communicate with Ken over on Reddit. Nice guy. Smile