Any intrest in loneoceans's 50w boost 17mm driver?

65 posts / 0 new
Last post
djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 40 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 15128
Location: Amsterdam

I’d like one too. And like others, although I totally understand it if the real value is higher, the costs need not be excessive for me, so if cost including shipping can be kept under $25 I’m in.

Thanks for doing this autononousperson, I think this is a great initiative.

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 1844
Location: US

Also in

Umpi2000
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 41 min ago
Joined: 03/15/2017 - 08:06
Posts: 221
Location: Durban, South Africa

djozz wrote:
I’d like one too. And like others, although I totally understand it if the real value is higher, the costs need not be excessive for me, so if cost including shipping can be kept under $25 I’m in.

Thanks for doing this autononousperson, I think this is a great initiative.

What he said Innocent I’ll be in for one please if those are the parameters
DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 7103
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

I’m also interested in one if the price can be kept low enough. I might even want two or more if I get rich in the mean time, or if the price is surprisingly low. Cash

Did you see that there is a new revision board? Hopefully, that is what you’d be building. Wink

The Cycle of Goodness: “No one prospers without rendering benefit to others”
- The YKK Philosophy

autonomousperson
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/27/2015 - 00:04
Posts: 31
Location: California

DavidEF wrote:
I’m also interested in one if the price can be kept low enough. I might even want two or more if I get rich in the mean time, or if the price is surprisingly low. Cash

Did you see that there is a new revision board? Hopefully, that is what you’d be building. Wink


https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/AKnfvDHZ ? If you can find a newer revision send it over! I will confirm with oceans before I order that I have latest pcb/firmware.
DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 7103
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

autonomousperson wrote:
DavidEF wrote:
I’m also interested in one if the price can be kept low enough. I might even want two or more if I get rich in the mean time, or if the price is surprisingly low. Cash

Did you see that there is a new revision board? Hopefully, that is what you’d be building. Wink


https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/AKnfvDHZ ? If you can find a newer revision send it over! I will confirm with oceans before I order that I have latest pcb/firmware.

That’s the one. Someone had just mentioned it in the loneocean’s thread recently, so I wanted to make sure it is the one you’re planning to build. Innocent

The Cycle of Goodness: “No one prospers without rendering benefit to others”
- The YKK Philosophy

autonomousperson
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/27/2015 - 00:04
Posts: 31
Location: California

DavidEF wrote:
autonomousperson wrote:
DavidEF wrote:
I’m also interested in one if the price can be kept low enough. I might even want two or more if I get rich in the mean time, or if the price is surprisingly low. Cash

Did you see that there is a new revision board? Hopefully, that is what you’d be building. Wink


https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/AKnfvDHZ ? If you can find a newer revision send it over! I will confirm with oceans before I order that I have latest pcb/firmware.

That’s the one. Someone had just mentioned it in the loneocean’s thread recently, so I wanted to make sure it is the one you’re planning to build. Innocent

Still doing my research and digging through threads related.

e1000
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 04/07/2018 - 19:57
Posts: 48
Location: LA, CA

Count me in for 2!

Umpi2000
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 41 min ago
Joined: 03/15/2017 - 08:06
Posts: 221
Location: Durban, South Africa

This will be epic, I’d have expected a few more requests to be honest though? Maybe the momentum will build Beer

808Hi
Online
Last seen: 3 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 01/21/2018 - 04:30
Posts: 242
Location: Hawaii

I’m in for one.

autonomousperson
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/27/2015 - 00:04
Posts: 31
Location: California

Umpi2000 wrote:
This will be epic, I’d have expected a few more requests to be honest though? Maybe the momentum will build Beer

Hah im pretty happy, I didn’t want to make more than 25-50 for my first batch.
moridin
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/16/2011 - 15:36
Posts: 41
Location: Germany

Also interested, depending on final price. Thanks for doing this.

Mike C
Mike C's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 01/22/2014 - 08:03
Posts: 2290
Location: Sweden

autonomousperson wrote:
Umpi2000 wrote:
This will be epic, I’d have expected a few more requests to be honest though? Maybe the momentum will build Beer

Hah im pretty happy, I didn’t want to make more than 25-50 for my first batch.

Haha, I as just thinking that you have your hands full now! Smile
Umpi2000
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 41 min ago
Joined: 03/15/2017 - 08:06
Posts: 221
Location: Durban, South Africa
Silly looking forward to this, if I had more $$ I’d be taking a good couple of these Thanks LO and Autonomous!
duramax
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 38 min ago
Joined: 07/06/2018 - 05:19
Posts: 231
Location: Garage

I might be interested depending on costs.

prisma
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/02/2011 - 11:07
Posts: 130
Location: Germany

I’d take one

clientequator
clientequator's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 12/05/2018 - 15:42
Posts: 137

Thank you to autonomousperson! I dont need one because I made my own gxb172, but having success with my driver, I am glad that many other people will soon be able to try out the loneoceans gxb172 driver in their own light and LIGHT up their room! Right now I am almost completed with my gfs16 mosfet tailswitch and lighted tailswitch.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/59550 — I think blueswordm is also helping people make tailswitch, so if you want both, we have two hardworking forum members to help!

autonomousperson
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/27/2015 - 00:04
Posts: 31
Location: California

PCB orders placed. Going to spend today getting parts.

LouieAtienza
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 11/17/2018 - 15:15
Posts: 593
Location: New York
autonomousperson wrote:
PCB orders placed. Going to spend today getting parts.

Awesome, looking forward to this!

g_damian
g_damian's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 min 55 sec ago
Joined: 08/20/2017 - 06:52
Posts: 393

In for one

Inkidu
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 11/01/2015 - 14:03
Posts: 159
Location: PA

I’m in for one. Thanks for offering these.

Umpi2000
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 41 min ago
Joined: 03/15/2017 - 08:06
Posts: 221
Location: Durban, South Africa

How is this project progressing?

Agro
Agro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 4127
Location: Ślōnsk

Well!
Several people managed to build the second generation driver:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/59137

Umpi2000
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 41 min ago
Joined: 03/15/2017 - 08:06
Posts: 221
Location: Durban, South Africa
Agro wrote:
Well! Several people managed to build the second generation driver: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/59137

Autonomous was going to build some for sale, parts were being ordered etc so wanted to see if it’s progressing and give the thread a bump

pc_light
pc_light's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2017 - 16:19
Posts: 290
Location: United States

Thanks for doing this Autonomousperson, I’d be in for 2.

I’ve always drooled over Loneoceans work/designs and the chance to get one is too tempting to resist.

Move towards the light.

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 3506
Location: Portugal

If the price (w/ shipping included) is between $25-30, I’d like one please!!
Also, would a “normal” switch be suitable to used with this driver?

REVIEWS: AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 & SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 /// ACEBEAM: H20 /// BLITZWOLF: BlitzWolf BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 & A5R / E300S / A8 /// KLARUS: XT1C 

Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8  TIR Lenses: 1 / 2   Others: Biscotti 3 & 1*7135     Triple TIR & XP-G2

GIVEAWAY - 1

polarweis
polarweis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 05/31/2017 - 17:05
Posts: 345

Intrested depending price. Thanks.

"It wouldn’t be so bright if there wasn’t a shadow every once in a while." - Jason Mraz

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8345
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Props autonomousperson, this is a big undertaking you are getting into!

Chatika vas Paus
Online
Last seen: 10 min 13 sec ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 392

I would be interested in two, but depending on price.
Wish to get one with bistroHD…

KevinZA1988
KevinZA1988's picture
Online
Last seen: 13 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 02/26/2018 - 02:26
Posts: 356
Location: South Africa

I’m in for two. I have XHP35’s just collecting dust…

Acebeam L16, BLF Q8, BLF A6, BLF FW3A, Convoy L2, Convoy L6, Convoy C8+ , Convoy S3, Convoy M21A, Emisar D4, Jaxman E2L, Olight S1R Baton II special edition series, S2R Baton II, Nitecore HC65.

Pages