Aliexpress - never again

83 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 526
Location: New York
Aliexpress - never again

So here is my story:
On July 1 I ordered a Convoy L6 and 4 Keepower batteries.

After that I ordered a S70S and two more batteries on a separate battery.
The S70S showed up fairly quick.
The 2X batteries showed up today, there was never a tracking number supplied, but they also came from Simon.

The problem is
The tracking number supplied for the L6 and 4X batteries has never tracked! It does not appear in the system at all. As in, it was never actually shipped?

They really suck. First they charge sales tax, which you KNOW they are not remitting to the State.

And they supply tracking numbers that never appear in the system. 21 days is enough time for the number to register, even if it has not arrived.
Meanwhile got excellent service from Banggood. Not more Aliexpress. NEVER.

cayman
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 hours ago
Joined: 06/29/2019 - 13:16
Posts: 78

order June: hdmi cable 3-in-1 kit, result: 3 weeks, only 1 part came
order July: arduino parts, order never shipped after weeks, canceled, refund takes a week or longer
order july: soic8 clip, ordered/paid, seller is out of stock and hasn’t refunded yet

the quality of shops seems to go down lately. very sad.

fluke
Online
Last seen: 2 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 04/20/2018 - 13:58
Posts: 407
Location: London United Kingdom

Have you tried putting tracking number into https://www.17track.net/en

Rexlion
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago
Joined: 05/18/2019 - 16:59
Posts: 216
Location: Okla.

I’m trying to stay away as much as possible from all the sites that ship from the far east. That’s just my choice. If I can find it on Amazon or elsewhere in NA, it’s even worth (to me) paying a couple bucks more per item just because (a) there are less opportunities for something to disappear in shipping and (b) customer service is better if something does go missing.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 526
Location: New York
fluke wrote:

Have you tried putting tracking number into https://www.17track.net/en

That is EXACTLY where I am trying to track it.
Just comes up as unknown.
I did send a message to Simon but I am not a happy camper
When I got notification this morning that my package was in the US, I thought I was getting the Convoy and batteries.
Turned out just to be the two batteries I had ordered some days later.
I don’t care that it has not arrived yet, that is normal at times from China.
But the fact that the tracking does not track at all really irritates me.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 526
Location: New York
Rexlion wrote:
I’m trying to stay away as much as possible from all the sites that ship from the far east. That’s just my choice. If I can find it on Amazon or elsewhere in NA, it’s even worth (to me) paying a couple bucks more per item just because (a) there are less opportunities for something to disappear in shipping and (b) customer service is better if something does go missing.

Totally agree.
Banggood does ship some stuff from the US. They use that silly FedPost shipping, which takes a while but at least the tracking is real.
I have a MF01 that is in FedEx. It shows that it left the FedEx hub in NJ on Sat. Nothing since (that is only about an hour from my house). But I think the FedPost stuff is not a priority, they will probably drop it at the Post Office Tues or Wed. Annoying.

fluke
Online
Last seen: 2 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 04/20/2018 - 13:58
Posts: 407
Location: London United Kingdom

Do you know who the shipping company is?use Yodel

 

I am in the UK and a lot of Asia shippers BG AE GB use Yodel, I can only track once its in the UK at the delivery depot.

 

If you don't know the shipper, putting shipping number into google can help

cayman
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 hours ago
Joined: 06/29/2019 - 13:16
Posts: 78
Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 9711
Location: nyc

Try the track-order button right on the order page. Lotta times that has more info than 3rd-party trackers.

Then again, I’ve had items stuck at “handed over to airline” for weeks which suddenly arrive without notice. Hell, a less-than-scrupulous person could just wait out the clock and then claim it’s a no-show, so I don’t quite understand how/why they use such crappy carriers and tracking.

Still, I ordered some paring knives from Amazon(!), and it’s being shipped from Outer Crapistan via some carrier I never heard of, and later got an email from the seller saying, “Hey, it’ll take a few weeks (or months), but you’ll get it, so don’t worry! Please be patiently!”, or something to that effect.

So… it seems like a race to the bottom allllll over.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 13287
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

Sometimes tracking numbers don't appear in the system until after the item is delivered.

This has happened to me more than once, even with domestic shipping.

My advice for Americans:

Don't worry about international packages after three weeks.

But be sure to contact the seller after six weeks.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 526
Location: New York

It is an EMS number. They usually track

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 526
Location: New York
cayman wrote:
Other tracking services to try: https://www.1tracking.net/ https://global.cainiao.com/detail.htm?mailNoList=ENTERNUMBERHERE

Cainiao says
packed for picking up.

Not sure that means anything.

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 4111
Location: Portugal

On my phone I use this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brightstripe.parcels&h...

Site version:
http://parcelsapp.com/pt

It normally gives me all the official and non-official tracking numbers of my orders.
Last time it happened was with the Lumintops Tool AA/ Tool25 from their store at AliExpress.

EDIT: And…things from Simon normally take a long time to arrive. I only had I thing missing and I was refunded by him!
We know what to expect from long shipping…

[REVIEWS] AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 + SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 /// ACEBEAM: H20 / TK16 /// BLITZWOLF: BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 / E10 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 + A5R / E300S / A8 /// KLARUS: XT1C /// LUMINTOP: Tool AA V2.0 + Tool 25 /// LIVARNOLUX: 314791 /// SKILHUNT: M150

Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 /// TIR Lenses: 1 / 2 /// Others: Biscotti 3 + 1*7135 / Triple TIR w/ XP-G2 ///// My Collection ///// My Review's Blog (PT)

GIVEAWAY: 1

ecotack
ecotack's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 11/11/2016 - 06:50
Posts: 151
Location: UK, Cumbria

If you look at price you pay for shipping from China, its no wonder items go missing. I had an S11 host go missing. Simon was quick to reply and send out another.
I had a 1080p PTZ CCTV camera from Banggood. When it arrived it was just PT, no Z and only 720p. Got nowhere with Banggood. Opened a dispute with PayPal, who said to ship it back for refund. The shipping costs was more than the item. I asked PayPal many times if the return shipping scheme would cover this, but by the time they replied my return window lapsed (by an hour or so) and I lost the chance to get a refund.
On AliExpress I did get a 50% refund for the ‘For Samsung INR18650 30Q’ LiitoKala store sold.

You win some, you lose some.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 526
Location: New York

Yup

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 8150
Location: Berkeley, California

The last problem I had with an Ali order, the package was shown by tracking as delivered last May to an address in the Midwest (not even close to me).
When I asked they told me it was held up at Customs but should be released “soon” and on its way.
Hmmmm.

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 13287
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

scosgt wrote:

It is an EMS number. They usually track

USPS usually tracks as well when you pay for tracking, but not always.

When is/was the expected delivery date?

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 526
Location: New York
raccoon city wrote:

scosgt wrote:

It is an EMS number. They usually track


USPS usually tracks as well when you pay for tracking, but not always.


When is/was the expected delivery date?

There is none because there is no tracking.
“60 day guaranteed delivery”.
OK, that’s fine. Just don’t jerk me around with tracking numbers that don’t track

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 1941
Location: Netherlands

Sometimes i use packageradar to track packages from China.
Works better then 17track half of the time.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

 

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 13287
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

scosgt wrote:

There is none because there is no tracking. "60 day guaranteed delivery". OK, that's fine. Just don't jerk me around with tracking numbers that don't track

I always get an expected delivery date even when tracking doesn't work.

And the problem might be with the delivery service, not the AliExpress seller.

The seller might just be providing the tracking number that the delivery service gave them.

fluke
Online
Last seen: 2 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 04/20/2018 - 13:58
Posts: 407
Location: London United Kingdom

Over here in the UK (London) USPS refuse to get out of the van to walk up 11 steps to the door, always leave it at local pickup point.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 526
Location: New York
js2414899 wrote:
See how much you know, see how little your mind think! I have been ordering from AliExpress since 2014. I never had a problem receiving my orders. It’s not AliExpress. It’s only the post office not wanting to track small packages, they only track large packages. Just be polite to ask both parties why. USA customer need to learn how to communicate, instead of making a small situation out of a big deal. Was it a small package?

So you just joined and used your first post to tell everyone how stupid they are?

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293

Both types of packages get tracked in the USA so I fail to see your point, and I am not sure if you are using a translator but it is almost impossible to follow what you are trying to say.

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293

What policy states not to give valid tracking information? Please tell us?

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 526
Location: New York
Mark M wrote:
What policy states not to give valid tracking information? Please tell us?

At least he is honest about why he joined.

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293
scosgt wrote:
They really suck. First they charge sales tax, which you KNOW they are not remitting to the State.

What makes you say that? Do you have any proof they are not paying the appropriate tax? It would be fairly easy to find out, and I see no reason to say they won’t just because they are Chinese.

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293
js2414899 wrote:
You way off!

You seem to just be a shill for AliExpress.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 526
Location: New York
Mark M wrote:
scosgt wrote:
They really suck. First they charge sales tax, which you KNOW they are not remitting to the State.

What makes you say that? Do you have any proof they are not paying the appropriate tax? It would be fairly easy to find out, and I see no reason to say they won’t just because they are Chinese.

How can New York State force a company in China to remit the money?

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293
js2414899 wrote:
They don’t track large quantities of small packages, to prevent any delays when shipping from overseas, at the border of USA placement of receiving. Those are the rules, they scan to track cheap expensive orders, If shipping is paid for by the buyer. PAY ATTENTION

I know because this isn’t your first language that your comprehension skills are really low, but he is saying that the tracking number was never updated. When a package is forwarded to a carrier service in the USA the tracking number is updated by the carrier.

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293
scosgt wrote:
Mark M wrote:
scosgt wrote:
They really suck. First they charge sales tax, which you KNOW they are not remitting to the State.

What makes you say that? Do you have any proof they are not paying the appropriate tax? It would be fairly easy to find out, and I see no reason to say they won’t just because they are Chinese.

How can New York State force a company in China to remit the money?

By the same legal mechanisms that they use for American companies. For one AliExpress is listed on the NYSE so there are laws they have to abide by for the SEC to allow them to be listed. Not to mention they often use American payment processors like PayPal who also have to follow the law.

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293
js2414899 wrote:
Don’t order if you don’t agree with great service either way of receiving.

You literally make no sense and I recommend learning a language before berating someone who speaks it fluently.

Pages