Test/review of Shockli 14500 AA 1000mAh (Black)

45 posts / 0 new
Last post
TexasToasted
TexasToasted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 08:48
Posts: 998
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

These batteries fixed the erratic behavior in my Manker T02. That light is picky about battery internal resistance and voltage drop. Even the gold Vapcell 1000mAh cells had issues in that light.

MiG0
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 02/28/2016 - 04:56
Posts: 127

Any chance these nice batteries will pop up on Banggood soon?
Banggood is capable to send batteries to much more countries than Gearbest.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 3259
Location: US

Here are my test results:

Discharge capacity tested on a Xtar Dragon VP4 Plus:
Vapcell 1000mah gold – 993, 995 mah
Orbtronic 1000mah protected – 990, 972, 967 mah
Shockli 1000mah button top – 957, 921, 947, 950 mah
Shockli 1000mah flat top – 889 mah

Lumen on direct drive (highest output) tested with Texas Ace Lumen Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights:

GT Mini XP-L HI 4000K
(flat top no contact) Sanyo UR14500P 840mAh Battery
(flat top no contact) Vapcell 1000mah gold
964 lumens -14500 KeepPower 840mAh Sanyo UR14500P Protected Button Top
951 lumens – EVVA Protected Button Top 800mah
974 lumens – Orbtronic 1000mah protected button top
1194 lumens – Windyfire 600mah button top
1195 lumens – Shockli 1000mah button top
1155 lumens – Shockli 1000mah flat top

Kronos X5
903 lumens – Sanyo UR14500P 840mAh Battery
1110 lumens – Windyfire 600mah button top
1104 lumens – Shockli 1000mah button top
1086 lumens – Shockli 1000mah flat top
842 lumens – Orbtronic 1000mah protected button top
931 lumens – Vapcell 1000mah gold

Edited to include the Vapcell in the X5 testing. Seems like the Orbtronic uses the same cell as the Vacell and that they used an extremely high quality protection circuit because the output on the X5 is about the same between the two Orbtronic and Vapcell. The Shockli 1000mah is definitely the new king of 14500. It is both a high drain and high capacity cell, which is just incredible! However, the Vapcell and Orbtronic still has its uses because in lower power regulated lights, you won’t gain any lumens by using high drain cells and the Vapcell and Orbtronic is still the highest capacity 14500 by a small margin in low amp modes that would give you a bit more run time.

The release of the Shockli 1000mah just made 14500 flashlights much more interesting!

Shockli-Simon
Shockli-Simon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 min ago
Joined: 09/30/2015 - 03:28
Posts: 43
Location: china

SKV89 wrote:
Here are my test results:

Discharge capacity tested on a Xtar Dragon VP4 Plus:
Vapcell 1000mah gold – 993, 995 mah
Orbtronic 1000mah protected – 990, 972, 967 mah
Shockli 1000mah button top – 957, 921, 947, 950 mah
Shockli 1000mah flat top – 889 mah

Lumen on direct drive (highest output) tested with Texas Ace Lumen Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights:

GT Mini XP-L HI 4000K
(flat top no contact) Sanyo UR14500P 840mAh Battery
(flat top no contact) Vapcell 1000mah gold
964 lumens -14500 KeepPower 840mAh Sanyo UR14500P Protected Button Top
951 lumens – EVVA Protected Button Top 800mah
974 lumens – Orbtronic 1000mah protected button top
1194 lumens – Windyfire 600mah button top
1195 lumens – Shockli 1000mah button top
1155 lumens – Shockli 1000mah flat top

Kronos X5
903 lumens – Sanyo UR14500P 840mAh Battery
1110 lumens – Windyfire 600mah button top
1104 lumens – Shockli 1000mah button top
1086 lumens – Shockli 1000mah flat top
842 lumens Orbtronic 1000mah protected button top

Hi SKV89

I am glad you had received the battery, thanks for your feedback.

Some give away to BLF member(Only ship to USA, can not ship to other address)

thank BLF member’s support, Our company provide some give away to thank BLF member(USA), The give away product now only in stock in the United States amazon , so only available for USA address , please check the following give away product (you can choose a product, leave message or email sales@shockli.com to me, quantity is very little quantity)

NOTE: 1)Detailed product information can be confirmed by searching amazon in the United States 2)Ship Time : It will take 20-25day to reach USA

If you need a product, please copy the following and reduce the quantity of the product by 1, so that you can tell how many give away are still available

Shockli 14430 LIFEPO4 Battery( for solar light)—3pack
shockli 14500 LIFEPO4 Battery( for solar light)—1pack
shockli CR2 Battery( for smoke detectors, Range Finder)—2pack
GARMIN Cycling Bicycle Mount—3pack

08/06/2019—shockli-simon

Anthony Nguyenn
Anthony Nguyenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/23/2018 - 09:45
Posts: 5
Location: U.S.A

Thank you, Simon,
I ordered mine from AExpress and been using it for 2 weeks on my Lumintop AA 2.0.
Such a wonderful brightness and the best thing is its high capacity.
Thank you for this BLF giveaway
I just inbox you and picked the:
GARMIN Cycling Bicycle Mount 3 pack—> 2pack

LightObsession
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 02/21/2018 - 00:15
Posts: 394
Location: Illinois, U.S.

Hi Simon,

If I’m eligible for the give away, I’d like the GARMIN Cycling Bicycle Mount 2 pack—> 1pack

Thank you very much.

Ventsi
Offline
Last seen: 45 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 10/26/2011 - 18:30
Posts: 151
Location: Bulgaria

Anybody knows what are the cells inside the Shockli and Vapcell?
Just curious why only a few brands are selling good quality 14500 and none of them is the actual producer.

Paul321
Paul321's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 03/07/2015 - 09:44
Posts: 682
Location: Hawleyville, USA
Though a friend on Amazon I ordered the four cell button top pack. The cells arrived with 3.89 – 3.9 volt charge, I did sample one cell with my Opus charger. The cell when fully charged has a capacity at 925 mah, wonderful. I don’t know of any other high capacity 14500 cells on the market. Much better than “name brand” (NC and XTR) cells I bought in the past. For lots more too! I use these cells in my JetBeam E10R, Skilhunt H15, AceBeam H40, and Thorfire TG06S. they fit and operate as expected. A great purchase.

BTW when I opened the shipping box an extra flat top 1000 mah 14500 was included.! Thanks Simon

Paul-

Shockli-Simon
Shockli-Simon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 min ago
Joined: 09/30/2015 - 03:28
Posts: 43
Location: china

Shockli 14500 1000mAh coupon code in aliexpress

Dear BLF numbers,

Thanks for your support of Shockli brand, Now we are making a promotion of Shockli 14500 1000mAh battery from Nov 25th to Dec 3th in our aliexpress store , you can get additional $1 off using the coupon code L8P2H9204M1A.

The products link is as below

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33029598525.html?spm=5261.promotion_code...

Have a great day.

Best regards.

Shockli Team.

Paul321
Paul321's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 03/07/2015 - 09:44
Posts: 682
Location: Hawleyville, USA
Thumbs Up , These 14500’s are very good

Paul-

Flashaholics
Flashaholics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 721
Location: Wakefield
Ventsi wrote:
Depends on your taste. I don’t like any of those so I don’t own them. The choice of 14500 lights compared to 18650 is very limited.

The Reylight LAN 14500 is arguably the sexiest light of all time.

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 3259
Location: US
Flashaholics wrote:
Ventsi wrote:
Depends on your taste. I don’t like any of those so I don’t own them. The choice of 14500 lights compared to 18650 is very limited.

The Reylight LAN 14500 is arguably the sexiest light of all time.

Sexiest 14500/AA light for sure!

Ventsi
Offline
Last seen: 45 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 10/26/2011 - 18:30
Posts: 151
Location: Bulgaria

Flashaholics wrote:
The Reylight LAN 14500 is arguably the sexiest light of all time.

Excellent design indeed, however reverse clicky is not my type of switch.
If they make it with an electronic switch and some kind of ramping UI, that would be amazing.
BTW after I wrote this comment I got the ThruNite T10 II and it’s really nice, the only thing missing is a battery level indicator.
Still waiting for the project Sofirn SP10S with Anduril, fingers crossed.
Agro
Agro's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 56 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 5019
Location: Ślōnsk
SKV89 wrote:
Flashaholics wrote:
Ventsi wrote:
Depends on your taste. I don’t like any of those so I don’t own them. The choice of 14500 lights compared to 18650 is very limited.

The Reylight LAN 14500 is arguably the sexiest light of all time.

Sexiest 14500/AA light for sure!


Sexiest 14500/AA Reylight for sure!

Pages