Introducing the XinTD C8 900 Lumens

56 posts / 0 new
Last post
weiser
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 5 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 15:25
Posts: 1811
Location: Montana, USA

Hank PM'd me and stated the JM05 couldn't be sold any lower than the price they already have it listed at. I guess we can rule out that light and probably just about everything else worth having. They probably just don't do as much volume to get the price as low we'll want. It's all good Smile 

2100
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 05/28/2011 - 10:28
Posts: 4512
Location: SINGAPORE

weiser701 wrote:

Hank PM'd me and stated the JM05 couldn't be sold any lower than the price they already have it listed at. I guess we can rule out that light and probably just about everything else worth having. They probably just don't do as much volume to get the price as low we'll want. It's all good Smile 

Nevertheless, i ordered the JM05, i also asked.  For $39 shipped (registered) it looks good.  At least it can still take 18560 with the sleeve, and the body tube is a bit thicker for easier grip.

how2
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 9 months ago
Joined: 06/01/2010 - 10:26
Posts: 2416
Location: london

A lot of people have sent their money at DD. They will soon have another sale?

Like today.

coolperl
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 12 hours ago
Joined: 08/04/2011 - 14:28
Posts: 271
Location: Europe

Another very interesting light! Looks awesome. Surprised

I wonder, if it has any modes ?

 

 


weiser
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 5 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 15:25
Posts: 1811
Location: Montana, USA

2100 wrote:

weiser701 wrote:

Hank PM'd me and stated the JM05 couldn't be sold any lower than the price they already have it listed at. I guess we can rule out that light and probably just about everything else worth having. They probably just don't do as much volume to get the price as low we'll want. It's all good Smile 

Nevertheless, i ordered the JM05, i also asked.  For $39 shipped (registered) it looks good.  At least it can still take 18560 with the sleeve, and the body tube is a bit thicker for easier grip.

 

That's great! I look forward to your review. I do very much like the fact it's 18650 and 26650 compatible. And $39 shipped is still a decent price for a Shadow light like this. A discounted group buy would have been the icing. 

 

And I'm with you on the body tube. I know I've stated before that I prefer a thicker body tube on 18650 because it just seems more ergonomical and also better aesthetically. That's why I preferred the L2i over the regular L2 for long. It almost seems to be a no-brainer to make 26650 lights compatible to 18650 since the most difficult part is accommodating a sleeve. 

tigerfromsiberia
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/29/2011 - 16:34
Posts: 52
Location: Portland, Oregon

Hi everyone, new member here.

Just curious if anyone has purchased the XinTD C8 and could report on the quality, brightness, etc. The 3-mode version is very tempting.

Thanks

Pantaloonie
Pantaloonie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 07:37
Posts: 193
Location: London

Welcome, siberian tiger.

I think I was the first to order this, still awaiting delivery. I think it was despatched a few days ago, about a week after ordering, but their email notification system seems to be a bit random - for random, read bullshit.

I got a notification that it had been delivered 7 days after ordering, followed by a despatch notification 2 days later. This was some 6 days after Hank told me it had been despatched. Who knows....

 

edit - had a PM from Hank saying that my C8 was indeed despatched 2 days after purchase, as he previously stated, and there were delays updating the email notifications. Happy days....

edc
edc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 01/16/2011 - 02:28
Posts: 3300
Location: NSW AUSTRALIA

I just noticed this

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/panasonic-ncr18650a-3100mah-liion-battery-p-...

$12   protected  Panasonic NC 18650A 3100 mAH

 

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums

Zenbaas
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 09/20/2011 - 13:46
Posts: 180
Location: RSA

edc wrote:

I just noticed this

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/panasonic-ncr18650a-3100mah-liion-battery-p-...

$12   protected  Panasonic NC 18650A 3100 mAH

Very interesting indeed!

Ian2381
Ian2381's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 00:50
Posts: 643
Location: Philippines

I Ordered the 3mode C8 and protected  Panasonic NC 18650A 3100 mAH.

Shipped on 10/27/2011.

robertkoa
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 10/12/2011 - 17:03
Posts: 191

Ian2381 wrote:

I Ordered the 3mode C8 and protected  Panasonic NC 18650A 3100 mAH.

Shipped on 10/27/2011.

That battery should be comparable  ( or the same ) to the Redilast 3100s that are now available- if they check out maybe we could do a group buy on a bunch of those- but at that price -it's already good.

Hopefully you'll give us a report on both.....

Foy
Foy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 5 months ago
Joined: 01/02/2011 - 17:56
Posts: 3009
Location: Las Vegas

That Xin TD C8 is a handsome devil and the large, screw-in pill looks like something Match would make.

 

Foy

No referral links and nothing embedded . . . ever.

                      &nbsp

Ian2381
Ian2381's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 00:50
Posts: 643
Location: Philippines

robertkoa wrote:

Ian2381 wrote:

I Ordered the 3mode C8 and protected  Panasonic NC 18650A 3100 mAH.

Shipped on 10/27/2011.

That battery should be comparable  ( or the same ) to the Redilast 3100s that are now available- if they check out maybe we could do a group buy on a bunch of those- but at that price -it's already good.

Hopefully you'll give us a report on both.....

 

Would also like to get that at a group buy price.

Both the light and battery seems to be good at that price so I gamble anyway at a new shop. hopefully I will received the items as soon as possible, will try to post feedback as much as I can as I don't have tools to measure.

tigerfromsiberia
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/29/2011 - 16:34
Posts: 52
Location: Portland, Oregon

From the other pictures, the reflector looks as deep as other C8s. Is it possible that the inner surface of the reflector extends all the way to where the gold pill starts?

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6100
Location: Holland

edc wrote:

I just noticed this

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/panasonic-ncr18650a-3100mah-liion-battery-p-...

$12   protected  Panasonic NC 18650A 3100 mAH

Thanks edc for finding this.

I just made a new topic on this battery in Deal alerts.. To not trouble this original thread.
I sincerely hope you dont mind.
Lets continue talking about this battery over there.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/5269

thommy
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 12/26/2010 - 09:53
Posts: 203
Location: Belgium

Strange way of dealing??

On 27 Oct 2011 I ordered the Shadow JM05 T6 26650 800 Lumens Fashlight...

Transaction ID: 606045365R6001036 

On 30 Oct 2011 I got a notice that the Item is delivered???

These notice is also visable in my account.

Maybe 'Delivered' status must be replaced by 'Shipped' ???

Hank, please can you confirm this??


 

Chris01942
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 8 months ago
Joined: 11/01/2011 - 22:06
Posts: 48
Location: Manchester, U.K.

Ian2381 wrote:

I Ordered the 3mode C8 and protected  Panasonic NC 18650A 3100 mAH.

Shipped on 10/27/2011.

Ian2381 

Ian I understand you have the Cree XM-L T6, XinTD C8 with a 2.8A regulated driver. Plus you also have both the Keygos KE-2 and KE-5. Pity you don't also have the KE-1 to also compare.

What do you think about these 3 or 4 flashlights? Can you describe the differences? Which do you prefer and why? Which one of these 4 would you recommend first, or is there better from this type and price range?

Which has the most spill? the brightest most power? most lumens? the best thrower? best beam? best well made? etc?

Would you happen to have any beam comparisons shots between them?

Thanks in advance! Smile

Ian2381
Ian2381's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 00:50
Posts: 643
Location: Philippines

Hi Chris,

My Cree XM-L T6, XinTD C8 has yet to arrive and based on the pix and details it seems to be of good quality. The KE2 is really bright but the KE5 has much narrower beam with more throw. Both lights has very bright spill making the lights useful even on low modes. I like my KE5 but the driver only pumps 2A so I modded mine with a 2.8A driver. The KE5 is really lightweight, meaning has minimal mass for heat sinking but as long as you are not leaving it on high mode by itself it will able to handle the heat. Tested mine for an hour submerged on 3 feet water and was dropped 4feet on a marble floor and was able to survived the fall. The KE2 is also bright with same driver as the KE5 but built quality is typical of the C8s and with aluminum pill. I wouldn't trust waterproofing as it seems the head Orings is not tight enough to seal. Overall I like the KE5 better and even brought it on my last Mountain hiking trip. Once I receive the XinTD C8 will be posting my thoughts.

Ke2 lower left and KE5 lower right.

I suggest wait till someone have their hands on the XinTD C8 before you decide. On paper this seems to be one of the best option, and you could also get the 3100Mah protected panasonic 18650 from them.

Pantaloonie
Pantaloonie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 07:37
Posts: 193
Location: London

Mine arrived this morning.

Not had much time to play with it, but it seems very well made. Clean, well lubed threads and the HA3 finish is the best I've seen on any of my lights. And it throws like a very throwy thing.

how2
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 9 months ago
Joined: 06/01/2010 - 10:26
Posts: 2416
Location: london

Does Driver pull 2.8Amps no matter what battery you are using? Does it go DD?

Or does it pull 1.7 to 2Amps?

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3620
Location: RO

I have created a new thread regarding the XinTD C8

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/5361

Let's all talk and share opinions there.

Pantaloonie
Pantaloonie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 07:37
Posts: 193
Location: London

how2 wrote:

Does Driver pull 2.8Amps no matter what battery you are using? Does it go DD?

Or does it pull 1.7 to 2Amps?

Using my very, very cheap multimeter which I don't trust at all, I see 1.4A on high on an Xtar 2600.

The same multimeter and battery on my UF980L reads 1.7A.

This leads me to the following conclusion - I need to buy a decent multimeter.

2100
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 05/28/2011 - 10:28
Posts: 4512
Location: SINGAPORE

Pantaloonie wrote:

Using my very, very cheap multimeter which I don't trust at all, I see 1.4A on high on an Xtar 2600.

The same multimeter and battery on my UF980L reads 1.7A.

This leads me to the following conclusion - I need to buy a decent multimeter.

Hehe....you sure need a decent one over there....  Smile

how2
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 9 months ago
Joined: 06/01/2010 - 10:26
Posts: 2416
Location: london

Pantaloonie wrote:

how2 wrote:

Does Driver pull 2.8Amps no matter what battery you are using? Does it go DD?

Or does it pull 1.7 to 2Amps?

Using my very, very cheap multimeter which I don't trust at all, I see 1.4A on high on an Xtar 2600.

The same multimeter and battery on my UF980L reads 1.7A.

This leads me to the following conclusion - I need to buy a decent multimeter.

Or you could just double your reading!!!

_the_
_the_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 07/08/2011 - 06:22
Posts: 3627
Location: Finland

how2 wrote:

Pantaloonie wrote:

how2 wrote:

Does Driver pull 2.8Amps no matter what battery you are using? Does it go DD?

Or does it pull 1.7 to 2Amps?

Using my very, very cheap multimeter which I don't trust at all, I see 1.4A on high on an Xtar 2600.

The same multimeter and battery on my UF980L reads 1.7A.

This leads me to the following conclusion - I need to buy a decent multimeter.

Or you could just double your reading!!!

Or, better yet, multiply by zero and add the correct result!!!! Tongue Out

=the=

 

Pages