Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

2587 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 days ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 7455
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

Do penny items show up on the HD website?

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

radioshaq
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 11/06/2015 - 02:26
Posts: 312

I think even if they do come up they are marked discontinued

garrybunk
garrybunk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 09:25
Posts: 6049
Location: Johnstown, PA

Just left my local home depot. Lots of “6” deals, some “3”, and a bunch of oddball markdowns (like 50% off). Picked up a black light bulb (A19 incand.) sticker priced at $1.03 with a D.O.B. of 2/09/2016 and it rang up $1.03! Saw tons of Rust Oleum special concrete paint gallons marked down to $13.03 (reg. over $50).

-Garry

My Bike Lights Thread, Optics (TIR) Comparison Beamshots, Diffusion Techniques


NOTE: Moving my photos from PhotoBucket to Flickr. PM me or post in the thread if you can’t see my images and need me to fix or send a gallery link. PhotoBucket images should remain visible until November 2018.
dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut

garrybunk wrote:
Just left my local home depot. Lots of “6” deals, some “3”, and a bunch of oddball markdowns (like 50% off). Picked up a black light bulb (A19 incand.) sticker priced at $1.03 with a D.O.B. of 2/09/2016 and it rang up $1.03! Saw tons of Rust Oleum special concrete paint gallons marked down to $13.03 (reg. over $50).

-Garry

Is this the bulb? I started to grab them all until I noticed the were incans. Notice these are $1.23 here, so quit your complaining Wink

Boy, an LED black light would be sweet.
I would settle for a yellow LED bug light even, I have never seen one.
dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut

Here are some other deals I came across.

Compare that to just a regular 100W version of that same bulb

And just for you Garry, this was at Lowes (I know this is an HD thread)

This next deal is a “4” price. A “4” price goes to a “2” at about half the “4” price in about a week. So this could go to about 3.72

Another “4” price

garrybunk
garrybunk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 09:25
Posts: 6049
Location: Johnstown, PA

Nope, my bulb has a small box just barely big enough for the bulb. It is a Philips. Think the box was black.

-Garry

My Bike Lights Thread, Optics (TIR) Comparison Beamshots, Diffusion Techniques


NOTE: Moving my photos from PhotoBucket to Flickr. PM me or post in the thread if you can’t see my images and need me to fix or send a gallery link. PhotoBucket images should remain visible until November 2018.
Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 days ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 7455
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

dchomak wrote:
Here are some other deals I came across.

Compare that to just a regular 100W version of that same bulb


I was watching both bulbs here and both just disappeared one day from the website and the stores, at full price Sad

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

xjsnake
xjsnake's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/24/2014 - 13:59
Posts: 181
Location: Tennessee

I grabbed 4 of those mini mag 2-packs at a HD in southern Ohio. They were still marked at the $19.9x price. They had TONS left in the display.

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut

xjsnake wrote:
I grabbed 4 of those mini mag 2-packs at a HD in southern Ohio. They were still marked at the $19.9x price. They had TONS left in the display.

You only grabbed 4, so I am assuming there weren’t a penny. Were they $6.33?
xjsnake
xjsnake's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/24/2014 - 13:59
Posts: 181
Location: Tennessee
dchomak wrote:
xjsnake wrote:
I grabbed 4 of those mini mag 2-packs at a HD in southern Ohio. They were still marked at the $19.9x price. They had TONS left in the display.
You only grabbed 4, so I am assuming there weren’t a penny. Were they $6.33?

That would be correct. $6.33

radioshaq
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 11/06/2015 - 02:26
Posts: 312

so at the self checkout i am nervously scanning my second armormax 3D at a penny, when the home depot employee sounded like she said something close to “that doesn’t seem right” and went over to find a supervisor. she comes back to me, and i realize she was talking about my armormax! she says “you can’t buy that” and my heart sinks, and she continues “just take them for free” free!! must have been a noob and probably didn’t find the supervisor. i walked out with 5 – all that they had.

for anyone close by staten island, i saw two of the locations still had stashes of these when i was there last week. so go get them, before i add to my armormax 3D penny collection Smile

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut

radioshaq wrote:
so at the self checkout i am nervously scanning my second armormax 3D at a penny, when the home depot employee sounded like she said something close to “that doesn’t seem right” and went over to find a supervisor. she comes back to me, and i realize she was talking about my armormax! she says “you can’t buy that” and my heart sinks, and she continues “just take them for free” free!! must have been a noob and probably didn’t find the supervisor. i walked out with 5 – all that they had.

for anyone close by staten island, i saw two of the locations still had stashes of these when i was there last week. so go get them, before i add to my armormax 3D penny collection Smile

FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!
First the Maglites for a penny and now this? AMAZING, Who are you? Big Smile

Getting stopped and then getting it for free has happened to me and some others here before. Never with flashlights though.
A theory I have other than a noob is that they decided to protect the person responsible for pulling those flashlights from the shelves. They were probably already removed from inventory and if they are not rung up for a penny, nobody would know that they were missed and not pulled. Just another theory.

If you had broken into a sprint before with the Maglites, you are flying high now!

BTW, there IS a downside to getting them for free, you don’t get a receipt as proof to your score. Party

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut
xjsnake wrote:
dchomak wrote:
xjsnake wrote:
I grabbed 4 of those mini mag 2-packs at a HD in southern Ohio. They were still marked at the $19.9x price. They had TONS left in the display.
You only grabbed 4, so I am assuming there weren’t a penny. Were they $6.33?

That would be correct. $6.33

Keep an eye on those if you can. Most of the stuff I find for a penny are items that are missed when reducing the price from the “6” price to the “3”. They sit on the shelf not selling because no one knows they are 75% off. If they miss to markdown to the “3” price, there is a chance they will also be missed when they go to a penny.. There could very well be stock when they go, and you should try to be there when they do. Cut a UPC code off one you have and carry it with you so that you can check price easily from time to time. Wink

radioshaq
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 11/06/2015 - 02:26
Posts: 312

dchomak wrote:

BTW, there IS a downside to getting them for free, you don’t get a receipt as proof to your score. Party

haha – i had also taken an ecosmart gu10 as a safety so that any employee glancing at my purchase would see a total more than a few pennies.. but guess that didn’t work and now i have a receipt only showing that purchase.

all of my penny hauls have been because of you and this thread. i have been thinking how i can also post good new deals for this thread – but all my home depots have very messy clearance sections (and some don’t have any) with generally most things not marked properly. do you just happen to run across many home depots with great clearance sections? or do you have other methods?

xjsnake
xjsnake's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/24/2014 - 13:59
Posts: 181
Location: Tennessee
dchomak wrote:
xjsnake wrote:
dchomak wrote:
xjsnake wrote:
I grabbed 4 of those mini mag 2-packs at a HD in southern Ohio. They were still marked at the $19.9x price. They had TONS left in the display.
You only grabbed 4, so I am assuming there weren’t a penny. Were they $6.33?

That would be correct. $6.33

Keep an eye on those if you can. Most of the stuff I find for a penny are items that are missed when reducing the price from the “6” price to the “3”. They sit on the shelf not selling because no one knows they are 75% off. If they miss to markdown to the “3” price, there is a chance they will also be missed when they go to a penny.. There could very well be stock when they go, and you should try to be there when they do. Cut a UPC code off one you have and carry it with you so that you can check price easily from time to time. Wink

Wish I could. I’m in Ohio visiting family and will be back in TN tomorrow where I don’t find many deals anymore.

poiihy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 05/20/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 510


poiihy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 05/20/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 510

6” sprinkler

radioshaq
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 11/06/2015 - 02:26
Posts: 312

dchomak wrote:

But enough of the penny stuff.
This mediore 4 – cell charger with 2 – AA NiMH cells first caught my eye when it was reduced from $9.97 to $6.10

I knew that eventually it would go to the “6” price and then the “3”. With a supposed 3 price of $2.53 it would be a good catch for gifting.
………..
Only stores that had not tagged them at the correct price of $2.53 had stock. So far I have found a total of 6.
!{width:75%}[url=http://imgur.com/RreEGVl][img]http://i.imgur.com/RreEGVl.jpg[/img][/url]!

I got 2 of these today at 2.53 – thanks to you, otherwise would have never known. nowhere were the prices marked – they were just lying with all the other chargers in the regular location (not the clearance section) and had no price stickers.
dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut
radioshaq wrote:
dchomak wrote:
But enough of the penny stuff. This mediore 4 – cell charger with 2 – AA NiMH cells first caught my eye when it was reduced from $9.97 to $6.10 I knew that eventually it would go to the “6” price and then the “3”. With a supposed 3 price of $2.53 it would be a good catch for gifting. ……….. Only stores that had not tagged them at the correct price of $2.53 had stock. So far I have found a total of 6.
I got 2 of these today at 2.53 – thanks to you, otherwise would have never known. nowhere were the prices marked – they were just lying with all the other chargers in the regular location (not the clearance section) and had no price stickers.

Find 2 more, and an 8 pack of AAA rechargeables on clearance and you will be all set!

The cells have gone on clearance before, this shot was from LAST YEAR Big Smile

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut


These really ring up for $8.83, but this store still have them marked at $30. That’s one way that items make it to a penny.

Daylights have already reached $4.03, now the warm whites are down to $7.50. These bulbs can be controlled over the internet.

radioshaq
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 11/06/2015 - 02:26
Posts: 312

dchomak wrote:

These really ring up for $8.83, but this store still have them marked at $30. That’s one way that items make it to a penny.

how did you know that though? is it because you have seen it properly marked at another location? if only i were lucky to have at least one home depot location that marked their clearance section well. but i have this forum Smile
dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut

RS, see my post #1364

I try to remember all that I see in the different HD’s that I am in.

Lazy-R-us
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 09/13/2015 - 00:30
Posts: 682
Location: Carolinas, USA

I’ve been watching the clearance shelf at my work Home Depot and was happy to see the Energizer lanterns show up there recently. A couple trips back and forth to the self service price check and today I scored the last two of them for $4.53 each! Thanks.

Lets see if I’m smart enough to post a picture…


(edited picture link, works now?)

Also edited to add:
On my way home I stopped into another HD, still 6 on the shelves at the original price, tool one up to check, no dice.

Is there any chance that someone who understands the sequence of markdowns could post a decoder ring?
Something along the lines of:

Price ends in 6, date older than x months – likely to ring up at 1/2 the marked price.
Price ends in 3, date older than x months – likely to ring up for a penny.

Maybe this already exists and I missed it?

Lazy-R-us

poiihy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 05/20/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 510

Picture doesn’t work

poiihy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 05/20/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 510

It would be freaking awesome to have a price scanner… it’ll be like that cream where you put it in your right eye and you can see all treasures, but don’t put it in the left eye or you will be blind…
One way to get the price scanner is to work for HD. What is it like to work for HD? Do the employees get to collect these deals for themselves?

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut

poiihy wrote:
Picture doesn’t work

This is what it looks like. It’s funny, I stopped by my HD this morning. That’s where I snapped the pictures above about the Brass Lantern. I had been keeping and eye on the Weather light. This morning it was still tagged at $15.06. Sometime today it was tagged at $4.83
I went back this afternoon on my way home because of Lazy-R-us post. He was the one who alerted us

This lantern can run on either 3 – AA or 3 D cells.
I would have brought one of these up to scan for price this morning but for weeks now the self checkouts have been closed!

Lazy-R-us, the 6 price is usually about 25% of the original price and the 3 price is usually 75% off. In the case of this WeatherReady light, the original price of $18.97, take 75% off that and you get $4.74. Hence the 3 price of $4.83

JasonJ
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
Joined: 05/12/2014 - 12:00
Posts: 359
Location: Bay City, MI

I wonder if those Energizer lanterns are any good… I kinda have a lot of lanterns already but they are very useful.

poiihy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 05/20/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 510

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut

Those spiral colored CFL’s are $1.33 around here Silly

And soon to go to a penny.

poiihy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 05/20/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 510

The prices are often wrong and you often miss gold right under your nose! Hence why a price checker gun would be…. useful

Pages