Re-post: How to deal with trolls

240 posts / 0 new
Last post
cabfrank
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 11/19/2010 - 17:25
Posts: 2188
Location: healdsburg, california usa earth

Trolls usually get identified sooner or later, and don’t last long, even on a very free-speak forum like ours. Rude people remain rude, and fade out more slowly. Neither are an asset to this very brotherly forum. Those engaging the rude and/or trollish are usually trying to keep BLF as it has been, and as it should be.

Hoop
Hoop's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 12/20/2012 - 05:33
Posts: 744
Location: Spokane, WA
WalkIntoTheLight wrote:
IMO, many people are far too quick to call “troll” when the read a post that disagrees with them in a harsh manner. I’ve been lurking here for a couple of years, and I’ve yet to see any real trolls. A few rude people, sure, and probably some real trolls that you erased before I saw any sign of them, but mostly this forum seems troll-free.

People tend to police and censor each other and themselves by default, and to great degree, in the name of righteousness. But it is complicated… convoluted… because freedom of opinion, expression, and of lifestyle is regarded as good, but at the same time, a complete lack of discretion in this regard is hedonistic and vulgar. Where to draw the line? It can only be a matter of personal opinion and principles, for others will do as they do, and have their own line, or no line, always.

Live as you want live, and avert your eyes from the rest.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 12 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 3250
Location: NE & SW Alabama

cabfrank wrote:
Trolls usually get identified sooner or later, and don’t last long, even on a very free-speak forum like ours. Rude people remain rude, and fade out more slowly. Neither are an asset to this very brotherly forum. Those engaging the rude and/or trollish are usually trying to keep BLF as it has been, and as it should be.

You know, I kinda agree. Sometimes on some forums it takes 5, 6, 7 years before some ‘members’ finally get called out for there rude and “trollish” behavior. It has always amazed me how they flew under the radar for so long………….

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

        Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

cabfrank
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 11/19/2010 - 17:25
Posts: 2188
Location: healdsburg, california usa earth

Very good teach. Maybe you’ll be here 5,6,7 years, and your point will then be well taken.

cabfrank
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 11/19/2010 - 17:25
Posts: 2188
Location: healdsburg, california usa earth

Hoop, your last line is great, and something to learn from.

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Offline
Last seen: 40 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 2056
Location: The Motor City

Live as you want to live, and avert one eye from the rest and the other on your six! Big Smile

KB1428 “Live Life WOT”

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 12 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 3250
Location: NE & SW Alabama

KawiBoy1428 wrote:
Live as you want to live, and avert one eye from the rest and the other on your six! Big Smile

That……………. is good. Thumbs Up

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

        Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 12 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 3250
Location: NE & SW Alabama

cabfrank wrote:
Very good teach. Maybe you’ll be here 5,6,7 years, and your point will then be well taken.

Appreciate the vote of confidence cabfrank. Maybe I will, maybe I won’t; none of us are promised tomorrow.
But, I am here now. And depending on who you asked…. I’ll just bet ya’ some of my points are “well taken” presently.
Very well taken…………

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

        Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

DB Custom
DB Custom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 01/13/2013 - 22:28
Posts: 14960
Location: Heart of Texas

teacher, I’ve been avoiding this, but your arguments with ReManG could have died much earlier. The famous last word syndrome. We all have to watch that, in trying to make our point, we don’t end up leading the argument or turning a discussion into something more agitated. It should stand to reason for any educated person anywhere, once you start calling someone names and calling them out in public, it’s all downhill from there.

Benchmade has a logo that says “Held to a higher standard.” I’ve always liked the thought of that, the very idea that perfection exists and is worthy of striving for. When you call yourself teacher, you’ve given yourself a moniker that carries some burdens… it’s expected of you to be exemplary in behavior as we expect all of our teacher’s to be. Under the microscope, as it were. So name calling and open forum arguing really make you look bad, especially with that name. Doesn’t help your case much that Gary is well known and widely liked around these parts.

I’m not meaning to single you out, per se, but this example is one we can all easily fall prey to. It’s the bane of social behavior, the need to prove oneself righteous and worthy.

Many these days would apologize up front for any unintended offense, I won’t do that, as I am merely calling it like I see it. I think we can all agree, open forum arguments are completely worthless to any productive effort.

I know I’m long winded, and for that I do apologize, but I’ve always felt a complete explanation helps further a deeper understanding. That said, I’m here so much because I have a physical disability in the name of a Conversion Disorder. Stress or even cold causes me to have muscle spasms, very often excruciatingly intense ones. This has been going on for nearly 16 years. In being here, and working on lights, there is a focus and a certain avoidance of issues that is relaxing. I have found that there are many here suffering something, some with very severe issues. So it might pay to consider that a great many people with the time to be on any forum are going through a lot in their lives, suffice it to say they’re not at their best all of the time. Once some of that is taken into consideration, it may be easier to be patient with what someone says, or how they said it, or that they even said it at all.

Keeping it civil is sometimes difficult to do, what is Civil in Bangladesh, as compared to Alabama, USA? We’re a world wide family, it takes a bit more compassion than normal to keep it peaceful sometimes.

While for me, this quote is religious, it can apply to anyone anywhere… “As is the strength of thy conviction, so shall be thy salvation.” Let’s all have conviction in doing right, be strong in that commitment, and continue trying to make the world a brighter place, for the benefit of our children and their children. Wink

Dale

cabfrank
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 11/19/2010 - 17:25
Posts: 2188
Location: healdsburg, california usa earth

2021 and beyond. We shall see.

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 7279
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

raccoon city wrote:

friendly_blf_trolls


:)


thats awesome!

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

Rufusbduck
Rufusbduck's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 04/04/2012 - 15:34
Posts: 10352
Location: Golden state

I struggle with last word syndrome myself. There are members I hold in highest regard not because of what they say but what they don’t say or how they refrain from getting sucked in, you simply don’t ever see them participate in that kind of verbal sparring. I think this is the ideal that SB would like us to strive for. However, most(many?) of the rest of us want to be seen as “telling it like it is”, sometimes hoping to correct a misunderstanding but often with just an edge of “I’m right and I’m sure of it”. It’s when I’m most certain I’m right that I’m most likely to err in how I try to be convincing. It goes downhill from there when insults are added to somehow strengthen an arguement. This doesn’t work too well so if you really are trying to be convincing then avoiding that descent is a must. By now we’ve reached the threshold where threads can get locked, warnings issued, and possibly bans as well, it’s not very far away and is easy to reach. All it takes is thinking you’re right. Showing restraint is harder but is the goal.

Three Tanna leaves to give him life, nine to give him movement. But what if he eats the whole bag?

Scott

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 5805
Location: The Light

DB Custom wrote:
The famous last word syndrome. We all have to watch that, in trying to make our point, we don’t end up leading the argument or turning a discussion into something more agitated. It should stand to reason for any educated person anywhere, once you start calling someone names and calling them out in public, it’s all downhill from there.

Very true sir! Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 5805
Location: The Light

Rufusbduck wrote:
However, most(many?) of the rest of us want to be seen as “telling it like it is”, sometimes hoping to correct a misunderstanding but often with just an edge of “I’m right and I’m sure of it”. It’s when I’m most certain I’m right that I’m most likely to err in how I try to be convincing. It goes downhill from there when insults are added to somehow strengthen an arguement. This doesn’t work too well so if you really are trying to be convincing then avoiding that descent is a must. By now we’ve reached the threshold where threads can get locked, warnings issued, and possibly bans as well, it’s not very far away and is easy to reach. All it takes is thinking you’re right. Showing restraint is harder but is the goal.

Exactly! very well expressed.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 12 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 3250
Location: NE & SW Alabama

DB Custom wrote:
teacher, I’ve been avoiding this,~~ The famous last word syndrome. We all have to watch that, in trying to make our point, we don’t end up leading the argument or turning a discussion into something more agitated.

Benchmade has a logo that says “Held to a higher standard.” I’ve always liked the thought of that, the very idea that perfection exists and is worthy of striving for.

I’m not meaning to single you out, per se, but this example is one we can all easily fall prey to. It’s the bane of social behavior, the need to prove oneself righteous and worthy.

I think we can all agree, open forum arguments are completely worthless to any productive effort.

I’ve always felt a complete explanation helps further a deeper understanding. That said, I’m here so much because I have a physical disability in the name of a Conversion Disorder. Stress or even cold causes me to have muscle spasms, very often excruciatingly intense ones. This has been going on for nearly 16 years. In being here, and working on lights, there is a focus and a certain avoidance of issues that is relaxing. I have found that there are many here suffering something, some with very severe issues. So it might pay to consider that a great many people with the time to be on any forum are going through a lot in their lives, suffice it to say they’re not at their best all of the time. Once some of that is taken into consideration, it may be easier to be patient with what someone says, or how they said it, or that they even said it at all.

We’re a world wide family, it takes a bit more compassion than normal to keep it peaceful sometimes.

While for me, this quote is religious, it can apply to anyone anywhere… “As is the strength of thy conviction, so shall be thy salvation.” Let’s all have conviction in doing right, be strong in that commitment, and continue trying to make the world a brighter place, for the benefit of our children and their children. Wink

Thumbs Up ……. Well said Dale.

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

        Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

keengeorge
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 12 min ago
Joined: 04/26/2014 - 01:04
Posts: 1660
Location: Australia

DB Custom wrote:
teacher, I’ve been avoiding this, but your arguments with ReManG could have died much earlier. The famous last word syndrome. We all have to watch that, in trying to make our point, we don’t end up leading the argument or turning a discussion into something more agitated. It should stand to reason for any educated person anywhere, once you start calling someone names and calling them out in public, it’s all downhill from there.

Benchmade has a logo that says “Held to a higher standard.” I’ve always liked the thought of that, the very idea that perfection exists and is worthy of striving for. When you call yourself teacher, you’ve given yourself a moniker that carries some burdens… it’s expected of you to be exemplary in behavior as we expect all of our teacher’s to be. Under the microscope, as it were. So name calling and open forum arguing really make you look bad, especially with that name. Doesn’t help your case much that Gary is well known and widely liked around these parts.

I’m not meaning to single you out, per se, but this example is one we can all easily fall prey to. It’s the bane of social behavior, the need to prove oneself righteous and worthy.

Many these days would apologize up front for any unintended offense, I won’t do that, as I am merely calling it like I see it. I think we can all agree, open forum arguments are completely worthless to any productive effort.

I know I’m long winded, and for that I do apologize, but I’ve always felt a complete explanation helps further a deeper understanding. That said, I’m here so much because I have a physical disability in the name of a Conversion Disorder. Stress or even cold causes me to have muscle spasms, very often excruciatingly intense ones. This has been going on for nearly 16 years. In being here, and working on lights, there is a focus and a certain avoidance of issues that is relaxing. I have found that there are many here suffering something, some with very severe issues. So it might pay to consider that a great many people with the time to be on any forum are going through a lot in their lives, suffice it to say they’re not at their best all of the time. Once some of that is taken into consideration, it may be easier to be patient with what someone says, or how they said it, or that they even said it at all.

Keeping it civil is sometimes difficult to do, what is Civil in Bangladesh, as compared to Alabama, USA? We’re a world wide family, it takes a bit more compassion than normal to keep it peaceful sometimes.

While for me, this quote is religious, it can apply to anyone anywhere… “As is the strength of thy conviction, so shall be thy salvation.” Let’s all have conviction in doing right, be strong in that commitment, and continue trying to make the world a brighter place, for the benefit of our children and their children. Wink

 

teacher wrote:
DB Custom wrote:
teacher, I’ve been avoiding this,~~ The famous last word syndrome. We all have to watch that, in trying to make our point, we don’t end up leading the argument or turning a discussion into something more agitated.

Benchmade has a logo that says “Held to a higher standard.” I’ve always liked the thought of that, the very idea that perfection exists and is worthy of striving for.

I’m not meaning to single you out, per se, but this example is one we can all easily fall prey to. It’s the bane of social behavior, the need to prove oneself righteous and worthy.

I think we can all agree, open forum arguments are completely worthless to any productive effort.

I’ve always felt a complete explanation helps further a deeper understanding. That said, I’m here so much because I have a physical disability in the name of a Conversion Disorder. Stress or even cold causes me to have muscle spasms, very often excruciatingly intense ones. This has been going on for nearly 16 years. In being here, and working on lights, there is a focus and a certain avoidance of issues that is relaxing. I have found that there are many here suffering something, some with very severe issues. So it might pay to consider that a great many people with the time to be on any forum are going through a lot in their lives, suffice it to say they’re not at their best all of the time. Once some of that is taken into consideration, it may be easier to be patient with what someone says, or how they said it, or that they even said it at all.

We’re a world wide family, it takes a bit more compassion than normal to keep it peaceful sometimes.

While for me, this quote is religious, it can apply to anyone anywhere… “As is the strength of thy conviction, so shall be thy salvation.” Let’s all have conviction in doing right, be strong in that commitment, and continue trying to make the world a brighter place, for the benefit of our children and their children. Wink

Thumbs Up ……. Well said Dale.

Teacher, you have edited what Dale said because you did not like what he said, so that you could "agree" with some of it, & as per usual you must have the last word.

Practice as you preach.

 

Best Regards,

George

 

Edit:

Highlighted some more relevant words that teacher left out.

 

 

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 5131
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

i vote for a “thats a trollpost!” button besides the “mark as spam”
(an explanation should be mandatory to send)

if a certain number of users click that button the post gets hidden – only a “post was marked as not useful – click if you want to read” message will appear then
(the information is not lost)
the post may not be edited then as long as the admin approves the post on request (when the author does request that)

so a user who gets marked can think about why he offends the other members
he can learn and change his style
if he does not want to change he might see he does not fit

on the other hand if one “angry guy” used that function a lot, but all the posts stay he can see (and so does the admin) that his opinion is a minority he might let it go for the greater good

.

am i naive?

find all available items in this list

i launched my new blog - all deals for members without MAP B$ Wink

 

if you want to buy a flashlight or battery for a better price: just send a mail - i will try to save you money!

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 12 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 3250
Location: NE & SW Alabama

keengeorge wrote:

DB Custom wrote:
teacher, I’ve been avoiding this, but your arguments with ReManG could have died much earlier. The famous last word syndrome. We all have to watch that, in trying to make our point, we don’t end up leading the argument or turning a discussion into something more agitated. It should stand to reason for any educated person anywhere, once you start calling someone names and calling them out in public, it’s all downhill from there.

Benchmade has a logo that says “Held to a higher standard.” I’ve always liked the thought of that, the very idea that perfection exists and is worthy of striving for. When you call yourself teacher, you’ve given yourself a moniker that carries some burdens… it’s expected of you to be exemplary in behavior as we expect all of our teacher’s to be. Under the microscope, as it were. So name calling and open forum arguing really make you look bad, especially with that name. Doesn’t help your case much that Gary is well known and widely liked around these parts.


I’m not meaning to single you out, per se, but this example is one we can all easily fall prey to. It’s the bane of social behavior, the need to prove oneself righteous and worthy.


Many these days would apologize up front for any unintended offense, I won’t do that, as I am merely calling it like I see it. I think we can all agree, open forum arguments are completely worthless to any productive effort.


I know I’m long winded, and for that I do apologize, but I’ve always felt a complete explanation helps further a deeper understanding. That said, I’m here so much because I have a physical disability in the name of a Conversion Disorder. Stress or even cold causes me to have muscle spasms, very often excruciatingly intense ones. This has been going on for nearly 16 years. In being here, and working on lights, there is a focus and a certain avoidance of issues that is relaxing. I have found that there are many here suffering something, some with very severe issues. So it might pay to consider that a great many people with the time to be on any forum are going through a lot in their lives, suffice it to say they’re not at their best all of the time. Once some of that is taken into consideration, it may be easier to be patient with what someone says, or how they said it, or that they even said it at all.


Keeping it civil is sometimes difficult to do, what is Civil in Bangladesh, as compared to Alabama, USA? We’re a world wide family, it takes a bit more compassion than normal to keep it peaceful sometimes.


While for me, this quote is religious, it can apply to anyone anywhere… “As is the strength of thy conviction, so shall be thy salvation.” Let’s all have conviction in doing right, be strong in that commitment, and continue trying to make the world a brighter place, for the benefit of our children and their children. Wink



 


teacher wrote:
DB Custom wrote:
teacher, I’ve been avoiding this,~~ The famous last word syndrome. We all have to watch that, in trying to make our point, we don’t end up leading the argument or turning a discussion into something more agitated.

Benchmade has a logo that says “Held to a higher standard.” I’ve always liked the thought of that, the very idea that perfection exists and is worthy of striving for.


I’m not meaning to single you out, per se, but this example is one we can all easily fall prey to. It’s the bane of social behavior, the need to prove oneself righteous and worthy.


I think we can all agree, open forum arguments are completely worthless to any productive effort.


I’ve always felt a complete explanation helps further a deeper understanding. That said, I’m here so much because I have a physical disability in the name of a Conversion Disorder. Stress or even cold causes me to have muscle spasms, very often excruciatingly intense ones. This has been going on for nearly 16 years. In being here, and working on lights, there is a focus and a certain avoidance of issues that is relaxing. I have found that there are many here suffering something, some with very severe issues. So it might pay to consider that a great many people with the time to be on any forum are going through a lot in their lives, suffice it to say they’re not at their best all of the time. Once some of that is taken into consideration, it may be easier to be patient with what someone says, or how they said it, or that they even said it at all.


We’re a world wide family, it takes a bit more compassion than normal to keep it peaceful sometimes.


While for me, this quote is religious, it can apply to anyone anywhere… “As is the strength of thy conviction, so shall be thy salvation.” Let’s all have conviction in doing right, be strong in that commitment, and continue trying to make the world a brighter place, for the benefit of our children and their children. Wink



Thumbs Up ……. Well said Dale.


Teacher, you have edited what Dale said because you did not like what he said, so that you could “agree” with some of it, & as per usual you must have the last word.


Practice as you preach.


 


Best Regards,


George


You had to put your .02 in didn’t you keengeorge? A very appropriate thread for it too I might add.

I quoted what I agreed with.. so as to avoid additional comment….. simple as that.
Your actions do nothing more than stir the pot once again.

The truth is if either ReManG or I either one had displayed the institutional fortitude our “argument” could have died much sooner than it did. Unfortunately neither one of us displayed that trait.
ReManG gave as good as he got. I gave as good as I got. We were both childish… that is a two way street however.

So what is the point in your post keengeorge??? Please enlighten me and anyone else who might wish to know.

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

        Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 2259
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

WOW Chill out teacher!

I do not take any offense to what ReManG says its just the way he is I guess he likes to say his words. Same goes with Dale but once again nothing offensive is said! Some times its hard on a forum with people from different places one thing we might accept they may not. Also the Australian sense of humor is very different! I call my best mate a D*ckhead and he does the same to me no offense is taken!

But Its one thing to say your words and another to personally attack some one. Or to Single people out for not agreeing with you!

DB Custom
DB Custom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 01/13/2013 - 22:28
Posts: 14960
Location: Heart of Texas

This is all just growing pains really, when the forum was smaller it was easier to self moderate. We’ve grown a lot, quickly, and it’s taking some time to settle down.

Nobody has to put up with any of it, honestly, any one of us is free to not open a thread, not address a statement we don’t like, or simply not log in at all.

By coming out in the “open” with some things, it may very well help the forum family find a happy medium, that’s all.

One things for certain, all the bickering and drama is not relaxing, regardless of where it’s coming from or who started it.

Dale

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 12 min ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 3250
Location: NE & SW Alabama

everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
WOW Chill out teacher!

I do not take any offense to what ReManG says its just the way he is I guess he likes to say his words. Same goes with Dale but once again nothing offensive is said! Some times its hard on a forum with people from different places one thing we might accept they may not. Also the Australian sense of humor is very different! I call my best mate a D*ckhead and he does the same to me no offense is taken!

But Its one thing to say your words and another to personally attack some one. Or to Single people out for not agreeing with you!


I am completely lost at whatever your point is mate?? I’m serious……. Smile
Why would you assume I am not “chilled out”??? SmileFacepalm

      You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load. / Paul "Bear" Bryant ~/~\~ "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

        Texas Lumens Flashlights  <>   M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$

         Rudeness Level /\ mΩ /\ {width:70%} /\ LightWiki /\ LED Tint Chart /\ LED Tint Picture /\ Xlamp size chart /\ BatteryU                   Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???   wink   /\ TheOriginal /\ TAB /\ LightSearch /\ BatterySearch /\ 14500's /\ DiCal                                                       

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 2259
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

teacher wrote:
everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
WOW Chill out teacher!

I do not take any offense to what ReManG says its just the way he is I guess he likes to say his words. Same goes with Dale but once again nothing offensive is said! Some times its hard on a forum with people from different places one thing we might accept they may not. Also the Australian sense of humor is very different! I call my best mate a D*ckhead and he does the same to me no offense is taken!

But Its one thing to say your words and another to personally attack some one. Or to Single people out for not agreeing with you!


I am completely lost at whatever your point is mate?? I’m serious……. Smile
Why would you assume I am not “chilled out”??? SmileFacepalm

Keengeorge said his words just leave it. He wasn’t attacking you he was asking a question.

CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 1735
Location: Scotland

Rebuke a wise man and he will be wiser, correct a fool and he will be your enemy.

DB Custom
DB Custom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 01/13/2013 - 22:28
Posts: 14960
Location: Heart of Texas

CRX, 4th one from the right, me LIKEY! Love

Dale

CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 1735
Location: Scotland

Graphitized Trustfire Mini 02 triple XP-L HI Wink

Texlite
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 19 hours ago
Joined: 06/23/2014 - 00:37
Posts: 190

Taking a cue from RacoonCity…lol

ETA: If that’s out of line someone PM me.

DB Custom
DB Custom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 01/13/2013 - 22:28
Posts: 14960
Location: Heart of Texas

I’ve got a problem with that big box of Snickers on the screen…
No matter how I shake my monitor none will fall out on my desk! Silly

Dale

Texlite
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 19 hours ago
Joined: 06/23/2014 - 00:37
Posts: 190

can wrote:
Texlite wrote:
Taking a cue from RacoonCity…lol

ETA: If that’s out of line someone PM me.

I think chocolate bars are great, because quite often I see beer and popcorn on here.

That popcorn button could have gotten quite the workout of late, been plenty of appropriate places for it unfortunately!

DB Custom wrote:
I’ve got a problem with that big box of Snickers on the screen… No matter how I shake my monitor none will fall out on my desk! Silly

LOL! Shake Harder!

Joking aside, if we ever exchange anything by mail, I’ll be sure to include one in the box.

On a trip to Central America once, got hooked on white chocolate covered coffee beans. Sounds gross but they’re delicious and I’m not even a big chocolate or coffee fan. They only ship them certain times of the year though because the heat melts them into a blob while on its way to its destination. Now that I’m reminded I’m going to be wanting some all summer!

cavesprings
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 04/22/2015 - 19:35
Posts: 52

Texlite wrote:
Taking a cue from RacoonCity…lol

ETA: If that’s out of line someone PM me.


Are you saying someone here needs a Snickers?
Texlite
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 19 hours ago
Joined: 06/23/2014 - 00:37
Posts: 190

cavesprings wrote:
Texlite wrote:
Taking a cue from RacoonCity…lol

ETA: If that’s out of line someone PM me.


Are you saying someone here needs a Snickers?

Hadn’t seen that one, thanks!

Yeah, just saying some folks seem a little more tightly wound than usual lol.

For me, when something in a thread or post on the internet actually annoy me, I know it’s time to step away.

Everyone’s entitled to have a bad day, but it’s best to know when to walk away so it doesn’t become a streak.

-Michael

Pages