XHP-35

215 posts / 0 new
Last post
vestureofblood
vestureofblood's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 08/17/2012 - 15:21
Posts: 1806
Location: Missouri

Thats a sweet light.   Thanks for sharing.

In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
http://asflashlights.com/ Everyday Carry Flashlights, plus Upgrades for Maglite.

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9957
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3

The high-CRI Zebralights sound nice, but I worry about whether they’ve finally fixed their tinted lenses and if the emitters still make a Cree rainbow. It could turn out to be a much lower CRI than advertised, depending on details like that.

Now, if they used a dome-less emitter, that would help a lot. And an untinted lens.

FlashPilot
FlashPilot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 05/10/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 4572
Location: USA

Firelight2 wrote:
Zebralight is selling 1×18650 XHP35 based lights:

Even more amazing is that they accomplished this with a comparatively small boost driver that scales up to 12V or more from a 4.2V cell. I hope they can maintain CC boost regulation down to the claimed 2.7V LVC. Very cool indeed!

Serp
Serp's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/14/2014 - 11:29
Posts: 626
Location: Ukraine

MAXTOCH Copper MCPCB Cree XPG
+
XHP35A-00-000-0D0BD40E3
die at 1.8A

4 elements with the 12V supply voltage.
One of the segments extinguished.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3461
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Can some one sum this up for me please? i bought a XHP35 and i would love to put in my convoy L2? how does that sound?

tru3s1lv3r
tru3s1lv3r's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 07/15/2015 - 23:34
Posts: 675
Location: South of the ATL
everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
Can some one sum this up for me please? i bought a XHP35 and i would love to put in my convoy L2? how does that sound?

You’ll probably have to use 4 18350’s in series to get the voltage to run the emitter. I don’t know of any boost driver to up the voltage of two 26650’s to meet the 12v requirement.

Aspiring Fhashlightaholic!

Serp
Serp's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/14/2014 - 11:29
Posts: 626
Location: Ukraine

Indigo 5.2 Big Smile
I’m use it in courui d01 + xhp35
1.8A on the led

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 7579
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

Link to the driver?

 

already member of M4DM4X.com ?

the best deals are waiting for YOU!

 

before you buy elsewhere mail me: MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will try to save you money!

thijsco19
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2012 - 16:18
Posts: 1322
Location: Nearby Rotterdam, the Netherlands
tru3s1lv3r wrote:
everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
Can some one sum this up for me please? i bought a XHP35 and i would love to put in my convoy L2? how does that sound?

You’ll probably have to use 4 18350’s in series to get the voltage to run the emitter. I don’t know of any boost driver to up the voltage of two 26650’s to meet the 12v requirement.


The LD-51 does that trick. http://budgetlightforum.com/node/41713
I’m currently talking with gearbest about that driver.
It’s not a direct replacement, it’s 28mm instead of 20.

Any ideas about modes? How many and what percentage?

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3461
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Thanks guys for the help

I am not a big fan or 4 cells. I would rather a boost driver if i can. Even if it is not as efficient.

thijsco19
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2012 - 16:18
Posts: 1322
Location: Nearby Rotterdam, the Netherlands

2 18650’s/26650’s with boostdriver will have more runtime than 4 18350’s.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3461
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

yea i would rather two 18650’s running at 2amp so its bright.

kwarwick
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 09/06/2013 - 09:25
Posts: 193
Location: Canada

Looks like LD-51 is now available @ Kaidomain: http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S025108

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 7635
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

kwarwick wrote:
Looks like LD-51 is now available @ Kaidomain: http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S025108

Ok, now, who’s gonna buy one and figure out how to mod for higher current output?

The Cycle of Goodness: “No one prospers without rendering benefit to others”
- The YKK Philosophy

kwarwick
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 09/06/2013 - 09:25
Posts: 193
Location: Canada
DavidEF wrote:
kwarwick wrote:
Looks like LD-51 is now available @ Kaidomain: http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S025108
Ok, now, who’s gonna buy one and figure out how to mod for higher current output?

Good question? Did you look at KD photos showing different power modes… none of them make much sense, especially the last one showing 1.6A @ 14V clearly being displayed on a bench power supply.

Serp
Serp's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/14/2014 - 11:29
Posts: 626
Location: Ukraine

M4D M4X wrote:
Link to the driver?

It’s DIY driver from Inferion (like in the Meteor)
You can made it Smile
http://forum.fonarevka.ru/showthread.php?t=20409
everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3461
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

How do i fit the LD-51 in the L2? I will have to make sure it fits i guess…

pilotdog68
pilotdog68's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/30/2013 - 23:31
Posts: 6424
Location: Held against my will in IOWA, USA

sooooo Which should I expect more “impressive” throw from, given all else is equal: A dedomed XPG2 at 4.5amps, or an XHP35 HI at 1amp? I know to be precise we need more specific info, but give it your best guess.

I’m assuming the XPG2, just making sure I’m thinking clearly

My Favorite Modded Lights: X6R, S8 , X2R , M6, SP03

Major Projects:  Illuminated Tailcap, TripleDown/TripleStack Driver

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8515
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

pilotdog68 wrote:
sooooo Which should I expect more “impressive” throw from, given all else is equal: A dedomed XPG2 at 4.5amps, or an XHP35 HI at 1amp? I know to be precise we need more specific info, but give it your best guess.

I’m assuming the XPG2, just making sure I’m thinking clearly

In theory and from what Dale has posted, it would seem they are very close to each other. Makes sense as the XHP35 is nothing more then 4 XG-G2 dies put together, so in theory assuming you drive it to the same level it would have the same surface brightness and thus the same throw.

The difference is that the XHP35 should net you 4x the lumens, 4x the spot size and WAY better tint options. I mean they have lots of high CRI XHP35 HI options out there, sure you give up a few lumens but who cares except for the ragged edge lumens/throw lights.

pilotdog68
pilotdog68's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/30/2013 - 23:31
Posts: 6424
Location: Held against my will in IOWA, USA

In theory, yes, but there’s no way I get 4x the lumens. Aren’t most people getting 1500-1800lumens at that driver current? But the 35 is XP-E2 dies I thought, so it’s also not 4x as big.

edit: actually at only 1amp they’re closer to 1300 lumens.

The tint is a good thing though, hadn’t even thought about that.

This would be in a Courui with FX35 driver btw. I’m not sure if that driver can be modded to get more amps or not.

My Favorite Modded Lights: X6R, S8 , X2R , M6, SP03

Major Projects:  Illuminated Tailcap, TripleDown/TripleStack Driver

EasyB
Offline
Last seen: 57 min 45 sec ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 15:24
Posts: 1685
Location: Ohio

XPL HI die size: 2mm x 2mm
XPG2 die size: ~ 1.45mm x 1.45mm

Djozz recently said the XPG2 die size is 2.2x the XPE2 die size (in area), which means

XPE2 die size: ~ 0.98mm x 0.98mm

From this graphic:

The XHP35 HI width is 1.4x the XPL die size, which means

XHP35 die size: ~ 2.8mm x 2.8mm

So it looks like the XHP35 is 4 XPG2 sized dies. It would need 4.5A (with all 4 dies in series) to match the luminance of the XPG2 at 4.5A. Then it would also have ~4x the output.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8515
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

pilotdog68 wrote:
In theory, yes, but there’s no way I get 4x the lumens. Aren’t most people getting 1500-1800lumens at that driver current? But the 35 is XP-E2 dies I thought, so it’s also not 4x as big.

The tint is a good thing though, hadn’t even thought about that.

This would be in a Courui with FX35 driver btw. I’m not sure if that driver can be modded to get more amps or not.

You know what, I am not sure what dies it was using, it may have been an unknown die or the E2.

In which case it should in theory give better throw but in practice I think getting the same would be doing good.

They are rated at 1833 lumens by Cree at 1.05A drive. So at ~2A drive you should be able to get a fair amount more then that.

This makes it hard to know what dies are used, my guess is a uniqe die since it is between the E2 and G2, although something is off on this page as it shows the max for the XHP35 at 1712 lumens instead of 1833 as in the data sheet. So it looks like it would be G2 dies as it is much closer to the G2 then the E2.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8515
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

EasyB wrote:
XPL HI die size: 2mm x 2mm
XPG2 die size: ~ 1.45mm x 1.45mm

Djozz recently said the XPG2 die size is 2.2x the XPE2 die size (in area), which means

XPE2 die size: ~ 0.98mm x 0.98mm

From this graphic:
http://intl-outdoor.com/images/XP.jpg

The XHP35 HI width is 1.4x the XPL die size, which means

XHP35 die size: ~ 2.8mm x 2.8mm

So it looks like the XHP35 is 4 XPG2 sized dies. It would need 4.5A (with all 4 dies in series) to match the luminance of the XPG2 at 4.5A. Then it would also have ~4x the output.

Beat me to it, looks like it is G2 dies or at least the same sized dies.

Should be able to get close to 2500 lumens out of an XHP35 with a buck/boost driver since acebeam is getting 2600 lumens out of an older bin in the K70.

EasyB
Offline
Last seen: 57 min 45 sec ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 15:24
Posts: 1685
Location: Ohio

Regarding the XHP35 die size. Texas_Ace approximately measured 2.65-2.75mm across here.
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/986665#comment-986665

I just measured mine and I would say it is very close to 2.50mm across, so 1.25mm for each die. I think definitely smaller than the XPG2 1.45mm die size.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 8515
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

EasyB wrote:
Regarding the XHP35 die size. Texas_Ace approximately measured 2.65-2.75mm across here.
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/986665#comment-986665

I just measured mine and I would say it is very close to 2.50mm across, so 1.25mm for each die. I think definitely smaller than the XPG2 1.45mm die size.

Wasn’t the old style XP-G2 a 1.3mm die? I have no idea personally, just seems like I read that someplace.

Seems to me it may be a different die altogether as it for sure seems larger then an XP-E2 die which the best I could find is 1mm.

EasyB
Offline
Last seen: 57 min 45 sec ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 15:24
Posts: 1685
Location: Ohio

Texas_Ace wrote:
EasyB wrote:
Regarding the XHP35 die size. Texas_Ace approximately measured 2.65-2.75mm across here.
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/986665#comment-986665

I just measured mine and I would say it is very close to 2.50mm across, so 1.25mm for each die. I think definitely smaller than the XPG2 1.45mm die size.

Wasn’t the old style XP-G2 a 1.3mm die? I have no idea personally, just seems like I read that someplace.

Seems to me it may be a different die altogether as it for sure seems larger then an XP-E2 die which the best I could find is 1mm.


I think the old ones were 1.45mm, and the new production type is more like 1.55mm. I agree it seems like a different die.
Fatlight
Fatlight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 week ago
Joined: 08/15/2016 - 03:40
Posts: 92
Location: Earth

OMG!, Just completed the trustfire x6 mod to 4cell directdrive and im getting about 3..3 amp gradually dimming on freshcells to the xhp35hi led with copper dtp. The x6 72mm smooth reflector coupled with hi led makes a incredible straight light saber beam which is about as well defined as i ever seen . im guessing its close to 3000 lumens. It beats the crap throw out of super throwers like 90mm reflector xml2 boss1 and 78mm deep haike mt07. Thumbs Up

Previously the x6 was only about 0.45 amp with 3 cells and it already wins the single cell 2a xhp35 utorch02. Now its mind blowing 3.3amp and it doesnt turn blue with the massive heatsinking of the beefy x6 chassis. It gets hotter than the stock sst90 which is a crap led now.

4 cell setup is the way to go for xhp35, at 2-3.3a , its barely an hour+ of full drive which is as good as the batteries and led allows.. Crazy

Sample beamshot comparison added. xhp35hi 3.3a

If U R reading this, U R also a Flashaholic. Pfft <3

pilotdog68
pilotdog68's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/30/2013 - 23:31
Posts: 6424
Location: Held against my will in IOWA, USA

Awesome results. The XHP35 will probably live pretty long at 3.3max, but peak output for it is a little lower anyways.

My Favorite Modded Lights: X6R, S8 , X2R , M6, SP03

Major Projects:  Illuminated Tailcap, TripleDown/TripleStack Driver

pirate joe 22
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/26/2015 - 01:23
Posts: 138

I thought the XHP 50 was 4 XPG-2s ??

Fatlight
Fatlight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 week ago
Joined: 08/15/2016 - 03:40
Posts: 92
Location: Earth
pilotdog68 wrote:
Awesome results. The XHP35 will probably live pretty long at 3.3max, but peak output for it is a little lower anyways.

Its abit strange on the lumens estimation without a luxmeter to verify but the xhp35hi was on 16.8v@3.3a=55w??? . when i held the haikelight mt07 5000lumens at a meter and x6 at 2m, the x6 hotspot completely covers and overlaps the 5000lumens xhp70.The x6 is also hotter than the haike light when held at the head. Is it the smooth reflector and Hi led combo or my eyes playing tricks, apparently, the xhp35hi hotspot is similar sized and is visually brighter than a xhp70 haike mt07 which is already a whopping 5000lumens. Question The haikelight do have brighter spill light still.

If U R reading this, U R also a Flashaholic. Pfft <3

Pages