Wrist watches. Post pics, if you EDC one!

975 posts / 0 new
Last post
BurningPlayd0h
BurningPlayd0h's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 02:16
Posts: 287
Location: MN

IDK if I’d trust the clasp and its springbar on a $0.40 strap. Honestly, I’d prefer to spend a bit more for better assurance my watch isn’t going to fall off my wrist. Even the ~$2.50 a piece CIVO straps on Amazon have had many reports of clasp failures.

wle
wle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 13:49
Posts: 1017
Location: atlanta ga
BurningPlayd0h wrote:
IDK if I’d trust the clasp and its springbar on a $0.40 strap. Honestly, I’d prefer to spend a bit more for better assurance my watch isn’t going to fall off my wrist. Even the ~$2.50 a piece CIVO straps on Amazon have had many reports of clasp failures.

idk – it is just a tongue and a hole, so to speak
i don’t see how anything can fail
the natos do not have spring bars, those would come with the watch, or you add your own, use strong ones if you like..

also i don;t plan to use the $.40 one for heavy duty
it was so cheap i just bought it in case i have something to sell that needs a strap
or if i just like the [odd] color it came in, for a particular watch i don;t even have yet.. Smile

wle

BurningPlayd0h
BurningPlayd0h's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 02:16
Posts: 287
Location: MN

wle wrote:

i don’t see how anything can fail
the natos do not have spring bars, those would come with the watch, or you add your own, use strong ones if you like..


In the clasp that connects the two sides of the strap and determines tightness/fit there is usually a springbar, or at least a solid metal bar. If weak/thin/poorly made/etc. that piece can break, the clasp opens and the watch falls right off your wrist.
Adhara
Online
Last seen: 3 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 01:57
Posts: 151
Location: Usa

EDC for trips to the symphony…

tatasal
Online
Last seen: 13 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 4883
Location: Far East
Adhara wrote:

EDC for trips to the symphony…

Thumbs UpBeer
lumenzilla
lumenzilla's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 06/09/2015 - 04:18
Posts: 632
Location: DIY, Indonesia

Yes, a plastic one.

Spartan
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 01/12/2019 - 20:50
Posts: 359
Had a chuckle when I posted this. Every watch is within a second….but one outlier. So much for my “set them within seconds”. Lol

I don’t have an expensive watch as a daily wearer because I’m too obsessed with damaging it. So they lay hidden away….and why I bought them is plain vanity.

All my daily wearers. The cheapest is the center Citizen and that is my travel watch. Otherwise, in town, I just take whatever suits the star alignments from the 4 on the right.

Believe it or not, the dress watch on the far left is a Timex sub brand that is 15 years old and keeps about 10 seconds a year.

Moses came from the mountaintop carrying a tablet. The Words were....WITH GREAT LUMENS COMES GREAT REPONSIBILITY.

Lightupmyday
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 01/28/2019 - 14:00
Posts: 5
Location: Copenhagen,Denmark

https://www.avxperten.dk/fitness-armbaand/denver-sw-500.asp

I know its a smart watch, but i really love it. For more formal events, i use a mechanical watch, Omega De Ville

Spartan
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 01/12/2019 - 20:50
Posts: 359
isti242 wrote:

Here’s my favourite. After adjustment it gains ~10 sec a day.

I like what you did with the case. Nice combo with the NATO color.

I think I’m going to do that with another Citizen like the center one in my collection.

BTW…I saw plenty of Rolex but no love for ICW? I was looking at the Top Gun and sighing. My evil other kept reminding me…“are you going to buy it and hide it”? Grrrrr…

Moses came from the mountaintop carrying a tablet. The Words were....WITH GREAT LUMENS COMES GREAT REPONSIBILITY.

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1315
Location: EU

Spartan wrote:

I like what you did with the case. Nice combo with the NATO color.

I think I’m going to do that with another Citizen like the center one in my collection.

BTW…I saw plenty of Rolex but no love for ICW? I was looking at the Top Gun and sighing. My evil other kept reminding me…“are you going to buy it and hide it”? Grrrrr…

Thanks! Smile The bead blasted finish added a sort of tool watch vibe to that Seiko.

What’s about your Bertucci? Do you like it? Is it comfortable to wear?
I really like the look of those Bertucci watches but I haven’t had the opportunity to have a closer look at them IRL.

Spartan
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 01/12/2019 - 20:50
Posts: 359

isti242 wrote:
Spartan wrote:

I like what you did with the case. Nice combo with the NATO color.

I think I’m going to do that with another Citizen like the center one in my collection.

BTW…I saw plenty of Rolex but no love for ICW? I was looking at the Top Gun and sighing. My evil other kept reminding me…“are you going to buy it and hide it”? Grrrrr…

Thanks! Smile The bead blasted finish added a sort of tool watch vibe to that Seiko.

What’s about your Bertucci? Do you like it? Is it comfortable to wear?
I really like the look of those Bertucci watches but I haven’t had the opportunity to have a closer look at them IRL.

The Bertucchi is very, very comfortable to wear and it is very light because it’s titanium. Highly recommend it. Bought mine about seven years ago. Get the long life battery movement and sapphire.

If you look carefully, you will notice that I also cut my NATOs second “under” strap and it reduces the height, stiffness and rotation. Makes the NATO even more comfortable. If the watch slips, I sew a few stitches of clear, thin fishing line to hold them in place. It’s invisible from the top.

The center Citizen is really cheap and great watch but I don’t like the flat top bezel. If I sandblast it, it should mute it and make the watch more “military tool”.

I like your Seiko, it looks like the Bertucchi. There is nothing better then a clear, easy to see, “no trillion little numbers” on it watch. A time telling tool.

Moses came from the mountaintop carrying a tablet. The Words were....WITH GREAT LUMENS COMES GREAT REPONSIBILITY.

The Last Katun
The Last Katun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 04/29/2011 - 04:34
Posts: 301
Location: Rome, Italy.

Found in a box in the attic; is from the ’80s but it was enough to replace the battery and it works; is waterproof 10ATM

Spartan
Offline
Last seen: 49 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 01/12/2019 - 20:50
Posts: 359

The best looking watch I ever saw…..and I’m going to put it “if I sell that” list.

To make it even more “perfect” I would of left in the seconds hand and extended the hour/minute hand a tad more. But still…at $700, not obscenely expensive and I probably the only watch where I would wear it to stare at it! lol

Moses came from the mountaintop carrying a tablet. The Words were....WITH GREAT LUMENS COMES GREAT REPONSIBILITY.

Lotus_Darkrose
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 06/20/2014 - 13:50
Posts: 111
Location: Lower Michigan

Deep Blue Day/Night Diver T100

17 Tritium vials. I’ve had it for about 2 years and love it.

Pages