The more "family-friendly" vasectomy thread

38 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 min 36 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 13712
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA
The more "family-friendly" vasectomy thread

Yesterday I started a thread about vasectomy that eventually became "unpublished."  That basically means that it was removed from the forum.  This thread is intended to be more "family-friendly".  I am removing most drug references and getting rid of the really dirty jokes.  I am mostly censoring myself, but I am also removing a few pictures of the male anatomy that others had posted in the deleted thread.  I know you guys had good intentions, but I don't want this thread to get deleted again.  I also know that censoring others and acting like a moderator is a bad idea, so I hope y'all can forgive me.

I want to remind everyone that this is in the "Off-topic Chatter" subforum.  I hope it's okay to have an adult discussion about vasectomy, with a few jokes thrown in for good measure.  Thanks for everyone's understanding!

Here is version 2.0:


I'm 36 years old and I never want to have children.  So... I had a vasectomy Monday!  I think the operation went well, but what do I know?  The vasectomy was more painful than a root canal, but it didn't take nearly as long and it wasn't as annoying as a trip to the dentist.  I had a lot of pain on Monday, but had very little pain on Tuesday.  I'm doing so well that I didn't take any painkillers in the last 24 hours.

Here's a couple of funny pics:

Vasectomy1


Vasectomy2

Do you have advice?  Maybe a vasectomy story or joke?

Well, they say that laughter is the best medicine.

But please keep it clean.  No pics of the male anatomy.

NightCrawl wrote:

"Gift certificates available - because everyone knows someone who shouldn't reproduce."

LOL

JohnnyMac wrote:
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with yours. Mine was a breeze. Didn’t hurt hardly at all when they did it, was fascinating to watch, bruising was extremely minimal and I never had the horrible aching I expected to feel for days afterwards. Never having to worry about making unwanted babies…priceless!!

Although I had a lot of pain earlier, so far I have had very little bruising.  I think the worst is behind me.

NightCrawl wrote:

Did you guys freeze some sperm? I mean, its a pretty final decision..

I didn't freeze sperm.  I think that if I decide I want to have kids, I'll adopt.  But freezing sperm is a very good idea.

soytnly wrote:
 I had mine before my second child was born. I was never going to have them either, made a 9th inning decision. Nonetheless, the doctor didn’t use enough lidocaine on the boys…I tell ya, when he sliced through the first, I saw God…it was absolutely horrible, I thought I was gonna die. He looked puzzled and said he used a lot of lidocaine, and I replied that it should be apparent that he didn’t use enough. He gave me another injection for #2, and I felt that going in…which I shouldn’t have. All that being said, it was a great decision, one that I’ve never regretted. I can’t imagine how many random calls I would’ve gotten over the last 5 years otherwise Tongue (the marriage didn’t work out harhar) 

Jaygnar wrote:
 Congrats on the Vasectomy! Just curious but how long does it take before you can have sex again without pain? I know everyone heals differently so I’m just looking for a ballpark figure. 
On behalf of overpopulated earth, I thank you! 

One guide that I read online says:

Avoid sexual stimulation for seven days.

JohnnyMac wrote:
NightCrawl wrote:

Did you guys freeze some sperm? I mean, its a pretty final decision..

I already had my 2 kids and there was no way I wanted to have any more than that. I have a wonderful kids (boy & girl) but that's all I want. I was still with my ex at the time and wasn't about to procreate a 3rd time with her. Now I'm with my new love and while we sometimes think what it would be like if we made our own baby (she has 3 from her prior marriage) we agree that we are too old to have another kid and are fine the way things are.

Chicago X wrote:
 Wow. I would have never guessed this was the B all L aceration F orum. 

JohnnyMac wrote:
Chicago X wrote:
Wow. I would have never guessed this was the B all L aceration F orum.
LOL!!  

Welcome to BLF!  Care to join the club?

ruffles
ruffles's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 10:18
Posts: 1020
Location: California

Best operation ever!

Mine are titanium clips, rather than a smoking cauterizing iron, and I think that’s less painful/ intrusive/ etc. It was sorta like being snapped with a rubber band.

Didn’t really cross my mind to freeze sperm (although people asked about it). I figured I was getting the op done because I was 100% committed to not breeding.


 

JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8863
Location: Eastern PA

ruffles wrote:
Best operation ever!

Mine are titanium clips, rather than a smoking cauterizing iron, and I think that’s less painful/ intrusive/ etc. It was sorta like being snapped with a rubber band.

Didn’t really cross my mind to freeze sperm (although people asked about it). I figured I was getting the op done because I was 100% committed to not breeding.


I had a buddy that got clips instead of cauterization and a clip worked off. Nothing but pain and problems since.
Jaygnar
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 5 months ago
Joined: 11/13/2011 - 15:21
Posts: 145
Location: Six feet underground (in my basement "media room"

I can’t help but ask. What kind of light did the surgeon use? Did you offer him an upgrade? Big Smile

soytnly
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 02/16/2011 - 13:20
Posts: 825
Location: Minnesota, USA
Jaygnar wrote:
I can’t help but ask. What kind of light did the surgeon use? Did you offer him an upgrade? Big Smile

In my case he used a Urethrafire

Dave

shhh
shhh's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/10/2011 - 07:53
Posts: 211
Location: Winnsboro,Texas

I was gonna get this done……………………………….
But youtube vids turned me down to the idea lol

GottaZoom
GottaZoom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 04/12/2012 - 03:14
Posts: 2179

Painful just reading about it.

gords1001
gords1001's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 05/07/2012 - 14:02
Posts: 5276
Location: wigan england

I need to get it done between the two of us, we have three, that’s enough for a little terraced house.

Luckily we have small babies, unluckily, the little buggers are growing into stocky little things that are strong as oxen…. 8)

rikr
rikr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/03/2011 - 21:50
Posts: 2160
Location: Fenton, MO

I was 22 when I had it done… No kids for the rikr… Shocked

 

 

 New Collection / Old Collection

 
Pulsar
Pulsar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 00:41
Posts: 5840
Location: Maine

my fiance is actually getting her tubes tied in a month. she just got back from a doctors visit a few hours ago to discuss if its right for us or whatever

we have two kids. our son is actually not mine, but he has lived with me since he was one and is 5 now, and his father is a POS that doesnt do anything for him. and our daughter is turning 2 in march.

there was some discussion on whether she should get her tubes tied, or me get a vasectomy. to be honest, i hate doctors and cringe at the thought of the procedure. you boys who done this got balls (no pun intended :bigsmile: )

i had also read that it effects some men different, with mood and behavior changes… didnt really want to risk that either

but the plus side that i have found is that it is easier to reverse the procedure on a man that a woman… that is something to consider

rikr
rikr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/03/2011 - 21:50
Posts: 2160
Location: Fenton, MO

Pulsar wrote:
my fiance is actually getting her tubes tied in a month. she just got back from a doctors visit a few hours ago to discuss if its right for us or whatever

we have two kids. our son is actually not mine, but he has lived with me since he was one and is 5 now, and his father is a POS that doesnt do anything for him. and our daughter is turning 2 in march.

there was some discussion on whether she should get her tubes tied, or me get a vasectomy. to be honest, i hate doctors and cringe at the thought of the procedure. you boys who done this got balls (no pun intended :bigsmile: )

i had also read that it effects some men different, with mood and behavior changes… didnt really want to risk that either

but the plus side that i have found is that it is easier to reverse the procedure on a man that a woman… that is something to consider

Insurance does not pay for the reversal and I heard it’s somewhere in the $10,000 range…

 

 

 New Collection / Old Collection

 
Tumbleweed48
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 11/12/2012 - 23:21
Posts: 756
Location: Canada

_I think the worst is behind me.
_

Actually, in my case, it was more or less straight under me…. Sad

I had to move a houseful of furniture the day after. Not recommended. Surely a guy deserves a day of laying around after that! I was walking so bowlegged you could have driven a dog team between my knees.

Nowadays I just curl up in front of the stove and fight the urge to lick myself….

NightCrawl
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 01/22/2012 - 08:20
Posts: 3071
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

rikr wrote:
I was 22 when I had it done... No kids for the rikr... :O

Why so early?

dthrckt
dthrckt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/08/2011 - 10:11
Posts: 4040
Location: Upstate NY

Doesn’t seem early to me. I’ve never wanted them – but not interested in side effects either.

When “Plan B” cuts into my flashlight budget, I often reconsider Silly

____________________

Girls can shoot!

rikr
rikr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/03/2011 - 21:50
Posts: 2160
Location: Fenton, MO
NightCrawl wrote:

rikr wrote:
I was 22 when I had it done… No kids for the rikr… Shocked

Why so early?

It’s a long story…but it was for the best. She cheated on me twice and left me after 15 years so I made the right call…. :~

 

 

 New Collection / Old Collection

 
dthrckt
dthrckt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/08/2011 - 10:11
Posts: 4040
Location: Upstate NY

how true!

no offense to you breeders…but I have no doubt I don’t want that kind of responsibility!

besides, I don’t meet very many women that would make a good mother (despite what they think). Maybe just because I have a very good mother, or maybe because our modern culture has turned them into ….

ah, nevermind, we don’t need to go there 0:)

____________________

Girls can shoot!

rikr
rikr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/03/2011 - 21:50
Posts: 2160
Location: Fenton, MO

dthrckt wrote:
how true!

no offense to you breeders…but I have no doubt I don’t want that kind of responsibility!

besides, I don’t meet very many women that would make a good mother (despite what they think). Maybe just because I have a very good mother, or maybe because our modern culture has turned them into ….

ah, nevermind, we don’t need to go there 0:)

+1

 

 

 New Collection / Old Collection

 
Pulsar
Pulsar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 00:41
Posts: 5840
Location: Maine

dthrckt wrote:
how true!

no offense to you breeders…but I have no doubt I don’t want that kind of responsibility!

besides, I don’t meet very many women that would make a good mother (despite what they think). Maybe just because I have a very good mother, or maybe because our modern culture has turned them into ….

ah, nevermind, we don’t need to go there 0:)

yes it is a huge responsibility… and will cut its way deep into your hobby funds

jmm244
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/23/2012 - 22:39
Posts: 169
Location: US North Coast

The real name of the number one vasectomy doctor in the Rochester New York area for many years was (still is?) Dr Stopp. Don’t ask how I know this…

Dale
Dale's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/19/2012 - 07:26
Posts: 3188
Location: WV

rikr
rikr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/03/2011 - 21:50
Posts: 2160
Location: Fenton, MO

That’s a good one Dale!! Big Smile

 

 

 New Collection / Old Collection

 
Dale
Dale's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/19/2012 - 07:26
Posts: 3188
Location: WV

We have two daughters. The youngest is pretty, down to earth. A very cool kid. The oldest is drop dead gorgeous, god bless that child. 5’1 blonde hair, green eyes.. weight about 105 lbs. Without a brain in her head. She’s the one the mechanic called me at home about. Begging that I would please explain to the child. That free oil changes did not come for the life of the tires. True Story.

Jettemaus
Jettemaus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 2 months ago
Joined: 02/21/2012 - 18:09
Posts: 72
Location: Midwest
Dale wrote:
We have two daughters. The youngest is pretty, down to earth. A very cool kid. The oldest is drop dead gorgeous, god bless that child. 5’1 blonde hair, green eyes.. weight about 105 lbs. Without a brain in her head. She’s the one the mechanic called me at home about. Begging that I would please explain to the child. That free oil changes did not come for the life of the tires. True Story.

Now thats funny!

scaru
scaru's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 03/22/2012 - 13:36
Posts: 6946
Location: Virginia

rikr wrote:
NightCrawl wrote:

rikr wrote:
I was 22 when I had it done... No kids for the rikr... :O

Why so early?

It's a long story...but it was for the best. She cheated on me twice and left me after 15 years so I made the right call.... :~

Maybe I'm missing something but 22-15 (age-time together) is 7. So were you seeing someone when you were 7? Wink

rikr
rikr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/03/2011 - 21:50
Posts: 2160
Location: Fenton, MO
scaru wrote:

rikr wrote:
NightCrawl wrote:

rikr wrote:
I was 22 when I had it done… No kids for the rikr… Shocked

Why so early?

It’s a long story…but it was for the best. She cheated on me twice and left me after 15 years so I made the right call…. :~

Maybe I’m missing something but 22-15 (age-time together) is 7. So were you seeing someone when you were 7? Wink

I think you want to add them not subtract them…. Wink

 

 

 New Collection / Old Collection

 
scaru
scaru's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 03/22/2012 - 13:36
Posts: 6946
Location: Virginia

rikr wrote:
scaru wrote:

rikr wrote:
NightCrawl wrote:

rikr wrote:
I was 22 when I had it done... No kids for the rikr... :O

Why so early?

It's a long story...but it was for the best. She cheated on me twice and left me after 15 years so I made the right call.... :~

Maybe I'm missing something but 22-15 (age-time together) is 7. So were you seeing someone when you were 7? Wink

I think you want to add them not subtract them.... ;)

Oh, now i get it. 

KartRacer31
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 month ago
Joined: 11/21/2012 - 23:25
Posts: 211
Location: NJ
soytnly wrote:
Jaygnar wrote:
I can’t help but ask. What kind of light did the surgeon use? Did you offer him an upgrade? Big Smile

In my case he used a Urethrafire

LOL that’s funny! :bigsmile:

I don’t know why I like flashlights so much… I must have been left in the dark for too long as a child! LOL

KartRacer31
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 month ago
Joined: 11/21/2012 - 23:25
Posts: 211
Location: NJ

NightCrawl wrote:

“Did you guys freeze some sperm? I mean, its a pretty final decision..”

— Freezing sperm is a good idea… that way you are more likely to have “cool” kids! LOL —KartRacer31

I don’t know why I like flashlights so much… I must have been left in the dark for too long as a child! LOL

NightCrawl
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 01/22/2012 - 08:20
Posts: 3071
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Freeze them to get a cool son and what do you do to get a hot daughter? Silly

KartRacer31
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 month ago
Joined: 11/21/2012 - 23:25
Posts: 211
Location: NJ
NightCrawl wrote:

Freeze them to get a cool son and what do you do to get a hot daughter? Silly

Good question! 8)

I don’t know why I like flashlights so much… I must have been left in the dark for too long as a child! LOL

ruffles
ruffles's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 10:18
Posts: 1020
Location: California

… that a hot daughter is every father’s nightmare.

So microwave your stored sperm. Problem solved.


 

Pages