Anyone ever see this ultrafire knockoff 18650

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ryan83
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 3 months ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 18:20
Posts: 15
Location: NNJ
Anyone ever see this ultrafire knockoff 18650

Has anyone ever seen or heard of an ultrafire knockoff 18650 labeled Uitra Flre ? Got a light a while ago from a flea market and it came with tht battery.

Edited by: Anonymous (not verified) on 08/23/2012 - 14:05
gords1001
gords1001's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 05/07/2012 - 14:02
Posts: 5276
Location: wigan england

Not yet, it could be the labels damaged, or another knock off brand name, if you have no cells or charger, check the battery section for reviews of good cells and chargers, and don’t scrimp, good cells and chargers will last, cheap cells and chargers can be dangerous.

Ubehebe
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 month ago
Joined: 06/28/2012 - 01:14
Posts: 882
Location: Death Valley, Calif.

I have a Sltrafire light for your Uitra Flre battery. Gotta be a story behind that one.

http://www.tmart.com/SLtraFire-T62-10W-CREE-T6-1000LM-1-LED-5-Modes-Focus-Waterproof-Flashlight-Brown-118650_p152068.html

Be careful!

But wait. There’s more.

Here’s a Uitrafire on flea bay, although it shows the more plebian Ultafire.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-UitraFire-3-7V-3800mAh-18650-rechargeable-ba...

And another:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-3800mAh-18650-rechargeable-battery-UitraFir...

And more:

http://www.miniinthebox.com/uitrafire-18650-li-ion-rechargeable-battery-...

Typos or maybe your uitrafire has company afterall

scaru
scaru's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 day ago
Joined: 03/22/2012 - 13:36
Posts: 6946
Location: Virginia

Either way I wouldn't recommend using that battery. Also has anyone seen the new 5300 ma batteries on ebay? 

Ryan83
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 3 months ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 18:20
Posts: 15
Location: NNJ

I have been using this battery for a while now and charging it with the on board light charger. You can charge the battery by plugging in the light. Somehow I don’t trust this haha. But the light is bright. Is there a specific reason to stop using this battery I should know about? Not too familiar with this while li-ion stuff.

scaru
scaru's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 day ago
Joined: 03/22/2012 - 13:36
Posts: 6946
Location: Virginia

I don't know the chance it could vent with flame and vent toxic gasses that permanently dissolve your lungs. Silly It's always a good idea to use a name brand charger and good batteries. 

Ubehebe
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 month ago
Joined: 06/28/2012 - 01:14
Posts: 882
Location: Death Valley, Calif.

>>>>>It’s always a good idea to use a name brand charger and good batteries.

Agree …. A bad li-ion can ruin your whole day or the rest of your life. The scary thing about these li-ion batteries is that the good ones are pretty safe, but the bad ones can be very unsafe. But how do you tell the bad from the good? One of the safest ways is to stick with the better battery manufacturers.

The problem is so real that USPS has stopped ALL international mailing of ANY device containing li-ion cells (EVERYTHING—laptops, cell phones, Ipads, Ipods, I-whatevers) and the cells themselves. Airplane crashes have been directly caused by li-ion battery explosions, or so says USPS.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/05/14/11700257-postal-service-ban-o...

Hey scaru: Like your tagline. Very true. My wife has NO relatives except for her now-late mother and father. Cousins, uncles, everyone — ALL gone. I don’t mean lost and moved after WW2. I mean murdered in the holocaust. Before the war, they had a very large extended family. Not one survived except for her mom and dad. Not one.

scaru
scaru's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 day ago
Joined: 03/22/2012 - 13:36
Posts: 6946
Location: Virginia

Ubehebe wrote:
Hey scaru: Like your tagline. Very true. My wife has NO relatives except for her now-late mother and father. Cousins, uncles, everyone -- ALL gone. I don't mean lost and moved after WW2. I mean murdered in the holocaust. Before the war, they had a very large extended family. Not one survived except for her mom and dad. Not one.

Oh, wow. I'm so sorry. I heard that quote when I was younger and it really has stuck with me. 

Ubehebe
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 month ago
Joined: 06/28/2012 - 01:14
Posts: 882
Location: Death Valley, Calif.

No reason for an apology! Just that your quote is very poignant. I’ve noticed it for quite some time and always wanted to comment.

Ryan83
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 3 months ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 18:20
Posts: 15
Location: NNJ

scaru wrote:

Ubehebe wrote:
Hey scaru: Like your tagline. Very true. My wife has NO relatives except for her now-late mother and father. Cousins, uncles, everyone — ALL gone. I don’t mean lost and moved after WW2. I mean murdered in the holocaust. Before the war, they had a very large extended family. Not one survived except for her mom and dad. Not one.

Oh, wow. I’m so sorry. I heard that quote when I was younger and it really has stuck with me. 


Unbelievable. I couldn’t imagine living through that. Sorry to hear.
whokilledJR
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/03/2012 - 13:05
Posts: 699
Location: Central Highlands, Vietnam

I have an Uitra Flre 4000mah lol!!

I got mine with a cheap smiling shark R5 Zoomie from some markets where I live. It’s shorter compared with most 18650’s, so I’d say it has a poor mAh capacity. I’ve used it a few times without problems, probably o.k with a more conservative R5 emitter, better as a dust collector once you have proper cells.

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 13468
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

Welcome to the monkey house, Ryan83!

Best0270

Ryan83a

Ryan83b

Ryan83
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 3 months ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 18:20
Posts: 15
Location: NNJ

whokilledJR wrote:
I have an Uitra Flre 4000mah lol!!

I got mine with a cheap smiling shark R5 Zoomie from some markets where I live. It’s shorter compared with most 18650’s, so I’d say it has a poor mAh capacity. I’ve used it a few times without problems, probably o.k with a more conservative R5 emitter, better as a dust collector once you have proper cells.


Yea. I plan on changing this battery out to a genuine ultrafire or trustfire. I have the charger as a few of my ecig batteries are ultra and trust.
whokilledJR
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/03/2012 - 13:05
Posts: 699
Location: Central Highlands, Vietnam

Go with trustfires, they are much better quality. Ultrafires are pretty nasty.

Manny
Manny's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 05/23/2012 - 06:13
Posts: 571
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona 85259

scaru wrote:

Either way I wouldn’t recommend using that battery. Also has anyone seen the new 5300 ma batteries on ebay? 


GTL are ok cells….. I’ve had the CR123 for a couple of years and hold a good charge !
scaru
scaru's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 day ago
Joined: 03/22/2012 - 13:36
Posts: 6946
Location: Virginia

So you trust their 5300 ma batteries? See I would never so much as touch those things. 

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 35 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7026
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Manny wrote:
scaru wrote:

Either way I wouldn't recommend using that battery. Also has anyone seen the new 5300 ma batteries on ebay? 

GTL are ok cells..... I've had the CR123 for a couple of years and hold a good charge !

 

I believe they are to expensive for their capacity, you can see my test of the 5000mAh here.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

agenthex
agenthex's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/14/2010 - 04:49
Posts: 3070
Location: Merica
Ryan83 wrote:
I have been using this battery for a while now and charging it with the on board light charger. You can charge the battery by plugging in the light. Somehow I don’t trust this haha. But the light is bright. Is there a specific reason to stop using this battery I should know about? Not too familiar with this while li-ion stuff.

Yes, cheap batteries will kill your family at night. I heard it on CPF and those guys would never lie for a few dollars.

Reading this makes you smarter: http://lesswrong.com/

JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8863
Location: Eastern PA
agenthex wrote:
Ryan83 wrote:
I have been using this battery for a while now and charging it with the on board light charger. You can charge the battery by plugging in the light. Somehow I don’t trust this haha. But the light is bright. Is there a specific reason to stop using this battery I should know about? Not too familiar with this while li-ion stuff.

Yes, cheap batteries will kill your family at night. I heard it on CPF and those guys would never lie for a few dollars.

Really?? I read on CPF that cheap flashlights would rape your wife, murder your kids, then burn your house down. Must be a conspiracy between cheap batteries and cheap flashlights caused by the envy of knowing they will never be as good as Surefire lights and cells. Silly Big Smile
Ubehebe
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 month ago
Joined: 06/28/2012 - 01:14
Posts: 882
Location: Death Valley, Calif.

>>>>>> I read on CPF that cheap flashlights would rape your wife, murder your kids, then burn your house down.

Drum roll and cymbal crash!

gerald_clark
gerald_clark's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/22/2012 - 00:08
Posts: 266
Location: Northern IL, USA

  • 100% brand new 8 x GTL 18650 3.7V Li-ion 5300mAh rechargeable batteries
  • Perfect for Flashlight, Photo camera ……..

What Photo camera would that be?

gords1001
gords1001's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 05/07/2012 - 14:02
Posts: 5276
Location: wigan england

Quote:
. agenthex wrote:

Ryan83 wrote:

I have been using this battery for a while now and charging it with the on board light charger. You can charge the battery by plugging in the light. Somehow I don’t trust this haha. But the light is bright. Is there a specific reason to stop using this battery I should know about? Not too familiar with this while li-ion stuff.

Yes, cheap batteries will kill your family at night. I heard it on CPF and those guys would never lie for a few dollars.

Really?? I read on CPF that cheap flashlights would rape your wife, murder your kids, then burn your house down. Must be a conspiracy between cheap batteries and cheap flashlights caused by the envy of knowing they will never be as good as Surefire lights and cells.

I read that cpf is only for talking about proper lights, not toys.

At this point I switched off as they clearly talk out of their arses!

march.brown
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 08/17/2012 - 16:42
Posts: 148
Location: South Wales.

gords1001 wrote:
At this point I switched off as they clearly talk out of their arses!

That’s a bum joke !

march.brown