Sanyo AA XXeloops

58 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii
Sanyo AA XXeloops

My new Sanyo AA XXeloops just arrived today from CameraMate2010 (Ebay) and they are so beautiful I feel like a kid getting a new toy. :bigsmile:  I ordered them on Feb. 16, they shipped on Feb 17 and arrived today.  That's only 6 days which is pretty fast.  Date code is 10-12 TQ which of course is Oct. 2012 Surprised so these are batteries from the future.  Just joking.....they're from Dec. 2010.

Here are some pics:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

Edited by: sb56637 on 02/14/2012 - 08:19 Reason: sb56637 replaced budgetlightforum.cz.cc with budgetlightforum.com via Scanner Search and Replace module.
fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

I checked them out of the package with my ZTS MBT-1 battery tester and they were all at 100% which is no surprise since they are brand new.  I just started discharging the first 8 @ 500ma on my 2 - C9000's and will post the results as soon as I get them. 

After discharging, I will do a quick 1000ma charge just to get some initial numbers.  Then I will discharge them again and do a break-in which is what I do with all of my new nimh rechargeables. 

4 of them will be put aside so I can do my own self-discharge test which I am currently doing with 6 other sets of batteries--some of which have been on my self-discharge test since April 2010.

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

jb1
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 02/07/2011 - 13:21
Posts: 527
Location: Texas

fishinfool, thanks for the info. $67.80 for 12 batteries?

fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

jb1 wrote:

fishinfool, thanks for the info. $67.80 for 12 batteries?

It wasn't my fault......my alter-ego Batteryfool took over and bought them.Surprised

I didn't even know it happened until I came out of the trance and noticed the new paypal charges. Frown  Or maybe it was during a drunken stupor which happens quite a bit. Embarassed

Take my advice.........Don't drink and paypal. Money mouth

 

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6403
Location: The Light

Or about $26.00 for 4 on eBay.

Hmmm, so 2500mAh but only 500 recharge cycles. Do you think this is worth the 1/3 lifecycle compared to regular Eneloops?

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

sb56637 wrote:

Or about $26.00 for 4 on eBay.

Hmmm, so 2500mAh but only 500 recharge cycles. Do you think this is worth the 1/3 lifecycle compared to regular Eneloops?

Probably not but I really do love batteries--even more so than flashlights believe it or not.Surprised

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

jb1
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 02/07/2011 - 13:21
Posts: 527
Location: Texas

Batteryfool - LMAO. That's cool - I just wanted to verify that was "the deal." I know some people will *cough*sellthemontheside*cough* for less. Excuse me, started coughing while I was typing. Laughing

jb1
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 02/07/2011 - 13:21
Posts: 527
Location: Texas

fishinfool wrote:

sb56637 wrote:

Or about $26.00 for 4 on eBay.

Hmmm, so 2500mAh but only 500 recharge cycles. Do you think this is worth the 1/3 lifecycle compared to regular Eneloops?

Probably not but I really do love batteries--even more so than flashlights believe it or not.

That would be similar to liking the gas more than the car. LOL

fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

jb1 wrote:

fishinfool wrote:

sb56637 wrote:

Or about $26.00 for 4 on eBay.

Hmmm, so 2500mAh but only 500 recharge cycles. Do you think this is worth the 1/3 lifecycle compared to regular Eneloops?

Probably not but I really do love batteries--even more so than flashlights believe it or not.

That would be similar to liking the gas more than the car. LOL

LOL  That is so very true on my part.  So since this is a flashlight forum does that make me a Blasphemer?

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

jb1
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 02/07/2011 - 13:21
Posts: 527
Location: Texas

Heck no! It's all good my friend. Batteries and flashlights are like PB&J. Can't have one without the other.

ezeqdb
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/28/2010 - 23:33
Posts: 273
Location: Rosario, Argentina

What about the voltage? is it really a bit higher than 1.2? 

And the internal resistance? Is it lower? will it give more current in the same flashlight (side by side with normal eneloops)? I know, I will wait you discharge and charge them a couple of times with those C9000 -you have two!

Btw.. why 12 batteries?! 4 or 8 were not enough? Tongue out

"no le temo a la oscuridad, la oscuridad me teme a mí"

fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

ezeqdb wrote:

What about the voltage? is it really a bit higher than 1.2? 

And the internal resistance? Is it lower? will it give more current in the same flashlight (side by side with normal eneloops)? I know, I will wait you discharge and charge them a couple of times with those C9000 -you have two!

Btw.. why 12 batteries?! 4 or 8 were not enough? Tongue out

Buying 12 was the cheapest per battery:

buy 4 = 6.45 each

buy 8 = 6.00 each

buy 12 = 5.65 each

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=Sanyo+XX+eneloop+2500mAh+AA

 

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

ezeqdb
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/28/2010 - 23:33
Posts: 273
Location: Rosario, Argentina

Thats a good point. The real problem would be if they sold 48 of them at 4.50 each one Smile

I'm waiting anxiously for the results!

"no le temo a la oscuridad, la oscuridad me teme a mí"

Noodles
Noodles's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/04/2011 - 00:42
Posts: 426
Location: New York City

Drink + paypal is a bad mix. I Know...

I am wondering about these cells and what they represent so any info from ur test are very welcomed Smile  I wonder if they are the "next coming" of Ene" 

 

Beer is good.

The Giggle Loop

fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

Ok, here are some initial numbers.  Voltage out of package was about 1.31v average.

500ma discharge out of the package:

1.  1286 mah -- ICV = 1.43v

2.  1289 mah -- ICV = 1.42v

3.  1283 mah -- ICV = 1.42v

4.  1284 mah -- ICV = 1.42v

5.  1326 mah -- ICV = 1.41v

6.  1292 mah -- ICV = 1.42v

7.  1305 mah -- ICV = 1.42v

8.  1329 mah -- ICV = 1.41v

ICV = Impedance Check Voltage (after 500ma discharge)

Just started 1000ma charge.

 

 

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

I finished a 1000ma charge and the numbers are a lot higher than I expected especially from Sanyo eneloop products.  Here are the numbers:

1000ma charge:


1.  2476 mah -- 1.44v

2.  2701 mah -- 1.44v

3.  2770 mah -- 1.44v

4.  2738 mah -- 1.44v

5.  2649 mah -- 1.43v

6.  2730 mah -- 1.43v

7.  2818 mah -- 1.43v

8.  2585 mah -- 1.44v


The numbers on cells 2-7 are just too high imo.  I have 104 other eneloops (gen.1, gen.2, duraloop) and I've never seen their numbers go this high.  So now I'm doing another discharge and after will do a break-in on all of them.  I'll post these new numbers as soon as I get them.

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6403
Location: The Light

Hmmm especially the voltage around 1.4V is impressive! I didn't think NiMH chemistry could produce much over 1.2V. How much do your regular white label Eneloops produce with that same charger/meter?

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

sb56637 wrote:

Hmmm especially the voltage around 1.4V is impressive! I didn't think NiMH chemistry could produce much over 1.2V. How much do your regular white label Eneloops produce with that same charger/meter?

The 1.44v is the voltage that is shown on the C9000 right after a fresh charge, refresh/analize, or break-in but it usually settles down to an average of 1.35v give or take a couple hundredths of a volt.

Don't you have a C9000 and a bunch of eneloops Mr. Admin? 

I know you're into AA's so I assumed you have a ton of eneloops and at least 1 - C9000.

 

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

FlashPilot
FlashPilot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 05/10/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 4532
Location: USA

Congrats on those bad-assed looking XX power capsules.Cool If you like them and want them, then thats all that matters. Being a Sanyo product, Im sure them will perform as others have already tested on their C9000's. They sure did soak up a lot of current during the 1000 ma charge. Looking forward to your next discharge test.

fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

FlashPilot wrote:

Congrats on those bad-assed looking XX power capsules.Cool If you like them and want them, then thats all that matters. Being a Sanyo product, Im sure them will perform as others have already tested on their C9000's. They sure did soak up a lot of current during the 1000 ma charge. Looking forward to your next discharge test.

Thanks Flash.  I really, really do like them because they are the coolest looking batteries I have.Cool  They will also replace my powerex 2700's in my dslr flash unit and will hopefully give me quicker recycling times.

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

Match
Match's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Joined: 11/14/2010 - 11:57
Posts: 1488
Location: South Carolina, USA

Dang...those are some nice looking batteries.  I'm curious to see how well they work out for you....I may have to get some.

That, and it'd be neat to have a battery label match my shirt label Laughing

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6403
Location: The Light

fishinfool wrote:
Don't you have a C9000 and a bunch of eneloops Mr. Admin? 

I know you're into AA's so I assumed you have a ton of eneloops and at least 1 - C9000.

Nope on both accounts. Wink I have a $4 eBay delight charger straight from China (actually two, one seemed to be defective at first) and precisely 4 Eneloops, which I care for meticulously. They are serving me well too.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

Match wrote:

Dang...those are some nice looking batteries.  I'm curious to see how well they work out for you....I may have to get some.

That, and it'd be neat to have a battery label match my shirt label Laughing

Me too but I need 2 of them side by side to match my shirt label. Big Smile

 

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

FlashPilot
FlashPilot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 05/10/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 4532
Location: USA

fishinfool wrote:

Thanks Flash.  I really, really do like them because they are the coolest looking batteries I have.Cool  They will also replace my powerex 2700's in my dslr flash unit and will hopefully give me quicker recycling times.

The powerex 2700's arent that good compared to a standard eneloop, especially after several cycles. Im sure your XX's will do better. If you need faster cycle times for your strobe, probably nothing will beat ni-zn cells. Just google around to make sure others have successfully used these cells in your particular setup before buying. Some things go "poof" while others just love them. If you have a "Big Lots" close by, you can get 8 powergenix cells (ni-zn) with their special charger on clearance for about $13. Oh, and the batteries also have a fairly cool looking label.

FlashPilot
FlashPilot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 05/10/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 4532
Location: USA

sb56637 wrote:

fishinfool wrote:
Don't you have a C9000 and a bunch of eneloops Mr. Admin? 

I know you're into AA's so I assumed you have a ton of eneloops and at least 1 - C9000.

Nope on both accounts. Wink I have a $4 eBay delight charger straight from China (actually two, one seemed to be defective at first) and precisely 4 Eneloops, which I care for meticulously. They are serving me well too.

Whats this... only 4 eneloops? How does one survive on such a small inventory? I agree... they are fantastic for such a broad range of devices.

FlashPilot
FlashPilot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 05/10/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 4532
Location: USA

Match wrote:

That, and it'd be neat to have a battery label match my shirt label Laughing

I actually Googled around for a XX Sanyo shirt, but sadly there were none to be found! Frown

fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

FlashPilot wrote:

Match wrote:

That, and it'd be neat to have a battery label match my shirt label Laughing

I actually Googled around for a XX Sanyo shirt, but sadly there were none to be found! Frown

If that's the case then I'll never be able to find a XXXX shirt.Frown

 

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

Boaz
Boaz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 6989
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

I've been looking at these and  wanted some to just try out  maybe we're due for  a  group buy ..Thats' the hard part of having people from around the globe  group buys don't work so hot , but these not being in the states just makes me want them more .. what did we do wrong to piss of the japanese ,,Never mind I think I figured that one out ..

       καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

                                  https://www.gty.org/

 

    Still selling diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

Budgeteer
Budgeteer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 08/24/2010 - 02:19
Posts: 3087
Location: Slovenia (EU)

Whoa! I have a similar charger along with Standardloops fresh off charge are all 1,43V +- some microvolts. They stabilize at 1.37 or so. Fresh from pack they had 1100mAh discharged at 500mA. After a refresh cycle of 3-4 loops the were all between 2001-2048mAh. I have a few other rechargeables which are really bad compared to them. The only exception is a 2300mAh GP. The Hahnell 2600mAh is the worst AA nimh i ever had. Bough 2 along with a simple charger and 1 died after a few cycles. The other still works but has less than 2/3 of it's rated capacity. It is supposed to be a good battery but i disagree.

Thanks for the review!

P.S. Why do you need so many AA batteries?

kragmutt wrote:

They're gonna send you a green redcat with a black LED.

FlashPilot
FlashPilot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 05/10/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 4532
Location: USA

Budgeteer wrote:

P.S. Why do you need so many AA batteries?

Is there such a thing as having to many? The more the better... so you can line them all up and number them from 1-1000. When they’re all finally dead, they'll make great slingshot ammo.

Budgeteer
Budgeteer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 08/24/2010 - 02:19
Posts: 3087
Location: Slovenia (EU)

You much rather buy cheap electrolytic capacitors for a few usd in 100pcs packages... XD if you need slingshot "ammo"

I presonally like the water "balls" used for flowers. You basically throw a mini envelope of small balls into a bowl of water and in a few hours they are ripe and nice for that purpose. Might be even alot more ecological than the above said capacitors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Bags-Magic-Crystal-Mud-Soil-Water-Beads-Flower-Pl...

Also they are fun to put on tailstandable flashlights or might be just me. I bought a 100 pack of those for my wife and found myself more often playing with them.

kragmutt wrote:

They're gonna send you a green redcat with a black LED.

Pages