Roche M170 - 3 X U2 / 4 X 18650

83 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Nicolaas
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 10/31/2012 - 15:38
Posts: 458
Location: Netherlands
Roche M170 - 3 X U2 / 4 X 18650

Has anyone seen this before?

Roche M170

Looks good to me, nice setup, nice design, no unnecessary attack bezel…..

Gr
Nico

Nicolaas
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 10/31/2012 - 15:38
Posts: 458
Location: Netherlands

OK, just saw there’s a post on this one already…….

JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8863
Location: Eastern PA

Looks like an absolutely amazing torch!  Good reflector for a bit of throw to accent the flood.  Stepless mode with fast access to medium.  I really like it!

VFMaddict
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 06/03/2011 - 08:47
Posts: 1451
Location: London
JohnnyMac wrote:

Looks like an absolutely amazing torch!  Good reflector for a bit of throw to accent the flood.  Stepless mode with fast access to medium.  I really like it!

+1 Smile

"You are making progress if each mistake you make is a new one."

Remember - Most great discoveries start with maki

MattSPL
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 07/09/2012 - 09:42
Posts: 1029
Location: Ireland

That looks nice Smile

ma_sha1
ma_sha1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 05/06/2012 - 10:20
Posts: 367
Location: CT

There is a review out on shoudian.com,

I posted a picture on CPF, my Firefoxes III thread as it looks like a FF3 clone but in led.
Very tempting, nice to have as FF3 companian. FF3 will still blow it away thou.

LightUpTheDark
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 16:03
Posts: 198
Location: NorCal

Looks like a budget TM11 to me.  I like the looks and form factor, just don't like the switch operation (3 second hold down to turn on according to the link). I'll just save up for the FireFoxes 3 (compact HID) and another set of 4 18650's that way I get flood and monster throw.

I’ve got a thrower, a flooder, and an EDC too. Still looking for a bigger thrower, flooder, and a new EDC, give or take a few. I’m a flashaholic.

Serifus
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 06/22/2012 - 03:10
Posts: 368

I’m not sure i like that you have to hold the button for 3 seconds to turn it on

Chicago X
Chicago X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 5 months ago
Joined: 07/22/2011 - 16:13
Posts: 4013
Location: See Name

Serifus wrote:
I'm not sure i like that you have to hold the button for 3 seconds to turn it on

I have come to appreciate this function on the Blackshadow Rook and Queen, as it prevents most accidental switch engagement.

http://wardogsmakingithome.org/index.html

War Dogs, Making it Home - Rescue Dogs for Returning Vets

Serifus
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 06/22/2012 - 03:10
Posts: 368

Well, seeing that the rook and the queen both cant be locked out easily, its probably for the better.

Stan Marsh
Stan Marsh's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 7 months ago
Joined: 12/06/2012 - 07:49
Posts: 46

already ordered this torch from CHQG, and, found today some pictures on shoudian.com:











looks pretty nice and more interesting than Skyray King, can’t wait! Smile also looks like Roche website slowly starts to work: http://www.roche-flashlight.com

Pinetreebbs
Pinetreebbs's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2012 - 10:39
Posts: 588
Location: South Carolina, USA, Earth

I like, but wallet says not so fast! Smile

BTW, I see that the box is properly marked. 8)

Tom_182
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2012 - 03:44
Posts: 147
Location: Germany

Good morning,

something new about this one?! I also couldn´t find anything on shoudian. Is there a link maybe??

Regards,
Tom

how2
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 week ago
Joined: 06/01/2010 - 10:26
Posts: 2416
Location: london

That's a 33% drop in light output in 1 Hour. Is that good or bad compared to other lights?

Ouchyfoot
Ouchyfoot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/01/2012 - 06:15
Posts: 5089
Location: Canada

I’m getting one of these as soon as Intl-Outdoor gets them in. I already ordered four new Panasonic NCR18650B for it.
Actually, I’m a little torn between the M170 and BlackShadow Terminator, but I’m leaning towards the M170.

Tete
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 07/24/2012 - 15:36
Posts: 187
Location: Finland

Got notification today that my M170 from Fancy Flashlights is at the post office… Big Smile
Picking it up tomorrow. I was wondering between this, Skyray King and the Terminator, but the lack of PWM was the winning argument and the stepless brightness control a good bonus! Love
Also ordered 4 Panasonic 3100 mAh 18650’s from FastTech for it. This is my first multi-emitter light and will probably be the only one. At least for a while.. :~
Will give some more feedback when I get to use the light!

Ouchyfoot
Ouchyfoot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/01/2012 - 06:15
Posts: 5089
Location: Canada

Tete wrote:
Got notification today that my M170 from Fancy Flashlights is at the post office… Big Smile
Picking it up tomorrow. I was wondering between this, Skyray King and the Terminator, but the lack of PWM was the winning argument and the stepless brightness control a good bonus! Love
Also ordered 4 Panasonic 3100 mAh 18650’s from FastTech for it. This is my first multi-emitter light and will probably be the only one. At least for a while.. :~
Will give some more feedback when I get to use the light!

I got the Panasonic 3400 from FastTech. Please let me know how yours fit.
xed888
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/16/2011 - 12:22
Posts: 768
Location: BN
Tete wrote:
Got notification today that my M170 from Fancy Flashlights is at the post office… Big Smile Picking it up tomorrow. I was wondering between this, Skyray King and the Terminator, but the lack of PWM was the winning argument and the stepless brightness control a good bonus! Love Also ordered 4 Panasonic 3100 mAh 18650’s from FastTech for it. This is my first multi-emitter light and will probably be the only one. At least for a while.. :~ Will give some more feedback when I get to use the light!

How do you know it does not have PWM?

xed888
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/16/2011 - 12:22
Posts: 768
Location: BN

any feedback on the m170?

Ouchyfoot
Ouchyfoot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/01/2012 - 06:15
Posts: 5089
Location: Canada

I ordered my M170 today from Intl-Outdoor. This will be my first multi cell, multi emitter flashlight.
Until now my most powerful would be my Xeno G42 and Maelstrom S-12. This is a whole new realm I’ve gotten myself into. I sure hope I made the right decision.

I opted for the T6 3C neutral.

Tecmo
Tecmo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 hours ago
Joined: 09/30/2011 - 09:00
Posts: 1470
Location: Indiana

Ouchyfoot wrote:
I ordered my M170 today from Intl-Outdoor. This will be my first multi cell, multi emitter flashlight.
Until now my most powerful would be my Xeno G42 and Maelstrom S-12. This is a whole new realm I’ve gotten myself into. I sure hope I made the right decision.

I opted for the T6 3C neutral.

Looks like a good one to me. Let us know when you get it.

MattSPL
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 07/09/2012 - 09:42
Posts: 1029
Location: Ireland

Yeah looks nice Smile

Stan Marsh
Stan Marsh's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 7 months ago
Joined: 12/06/2012 - 07:49
Posts: 46

Tom_182 wrote:
Good morning,

something new about this one?! I also couldn´t find anything on shoudian. Is there a link maybe??

Regards,
Tom

hi Tom, and everyone, links on shoudian:
http://www.shoudian.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=307353
http://www.shoudian.org/thread-305262-1-1.html
and new review with many photos:
http://www.shoudian.org/thread-308567-1-1.html

Smile

Slacker
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/21/2012 - 17:36
Posts: 91
Location: Sweden

Ordered the Roche M170 aswell. NW T6. Will post photos when it arrives! Smile

Ouchyfoot
Ouchyfoot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/01/2012 - 06:15
Posts: 5089
Location: Canada

I’m actually thinking of ordering a small tripod for it. I think it might make a good centerpiece. :bigsmile:

weiser
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 8 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 15:25
Posts: 1811
Location: Montana, USA
Ouchyfoot wrote:
I’m actually thinking of ordering a small tripod for it. I think it might make a good centerpiece. :bigsmile:

You can find a gorilla pod clone online for nearly 1/10th the price. I have one and it works pretty well for the most part. The one issue is the part that holds the camera/flashlight should be tighter. As long as the object is balanced well enough on the tripod then it really isn’t an issue.

Or just get this one for $14 and it’s shipped locally from one of the best online retailers. Oh wait, you’re in Canada so it might get costly for you, huh?

Ouchyfoot
Ouchyfoot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/01/2012 - 06:15
Posts: 5089
Location: Canada
weiser wrote:
Ouchyfoot wrote:
I’m actually thinking of ordering a small tripod for it. I think it might make a good centerpiece. :bigsmile:

You can find a gorilla pod clone online for nearly 1/10th the price. I have one and it works pretty well for the most part. The one issue is the part that holds the camera/flashlight should be tighter. As long as the object is balanced well enough on the tripod then it really isn’t an issue.

Or just get this one for $14 and it’s shipped locally from one of the best online retailers. Oh wait, you’re in Canada so it might get costly for you, huh?

I can order that one from amazon.ca, but its too small to support the M170. I’ll need the larger one designed for heavy SLR’s. Ill wait til I get my light and then think about it.

weiser
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 8 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 15:25
Posts: 1811
Location: Montana, USA

Ouchyfoot wrote:

I can order that one from amazon.ca, but its too small to support the M170. I’ll need the larger one designed for heavy SLR’s. Ill wait til I get my light and then think about it.

Yeah, I forgot that it’s kind of a hulk of a light.

This one is supposed to be rated up to 2kg. That seller only ships to the USA but the same tripod is sold by other ebay sellers for around the same price.

Suncoaster
Suncoaster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 02/22/2012 - 07:14
Posts: 2174
Location: Where the girls are green and the grass is pretty.
Ouchyfoot wrote:
I can order that one from amazon.ca, but its too small to support the M170. I’ll need the larger one designed for heavy SLR’s. Ill wait til I get my light and then think about it.

The Giottos QU500 is a really nice heavy duty mini tripod.
Supports my DSLR+lens no problem and is a nice bit of kit.

Manfrotto have a similar one, MTT2-PO2.

"In the land of the blond the one eyed man is king."

*This message is protected with ROT26 encryption.Old Lumens

ObiWan-Kenobi
ObiWan-Kenobi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 09/11/2012 - 09:37
Posts: 81
Location: Melbourne, Australia

I notice the M170 is $90 at Fancy Flashlights.

M170 at FF

in the description, it says Price will returned to 106usd after 30th!

I understand FF is the “shipping included” sister website of cnqualitygoods, and the banner confirms that – yet I find this text on each product’s page to confuse me:

This goods is Free shipping, it is not included in the total fee distribution when calculating the distribution amount !

Has anyone tested out their M170 as yet ? Interested in your comments.

Tete
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 07/24/2012 - 15:36
Posts: 187
Location: Finland

Finally got the light from post office, since I was away for few days… I still haven’t received the 4 protected Panasonic 3100’s I ordered, so I tried the light with the two 3100’s and two 2900’s I already had… Didn’t work! Shocked
Then I checked online and found out that protected cells are too long for this light. And since I want to use protected ones, I tried all different 18650’s I have and found out that the protected buttontop Xtar 3100 fits! Big Smile
Unfortunately I have only two of them, so I have to get two more. But since the four Panasonics from FastTech are already on their way, I wait for them before ordering a pair… Fingers crossed… Silly
Otherwise the light seems to be good quality considering the price. First all the emitters seemed a bit off-centered, but when I opened the bezel, I was able to turn the reflector a bit and now it’s OK!
I just tried the light with the two Xtars shortly to see it works and really liked the stepless dimming feature. The fact that you need to hold the button for couple seconds to turn it on, didn’t bother me at all, at least it turns off instantly.. Wink
It’s a bit difficult to use with less than 3 batteries, since the middle of the batteryholes is quite wide, so the batteries tend to move around a bit if using less than three… But it is possible, even with just one, although not recommended for long periods!
The removable handle does its job and feels sturdy enough, although it’s somewhat strange to use since the powerbutton is on the other side of the light. I will probably use the light without it, but it’s good to have the option…
The removable magnet will also remain unused, but again, it’s good to have options…

Pages