DQG 18650 EDC--World's Smallest 18650 Flashlight

698 posts / 0 new
Last post
Haterade
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 09/05/2012 - 20:36
Posts: 1561
Location: District of Corruption

luvlites wrote:
There is no one size fits all answer. Each individual needs to decide what’s best for them when it comes to filing a dispute or not.

There are plenty of other hobbies where reliable and highly regarded vendors always delivered — until they didn’t.

I think Ric will deliver but wouldn’t blame or judge anyone for exercising their right to file a dispute either.

All due respect, I disagree. Why? Let me explain… I think filling a dispute at this point, in this case, would be foolish. We are talking about vendors shipping from the other side of the planet, and these parcels must go through multiple customs screenings in the process. This often (typically) takes 3-5 weeks. I have had shipments from China/Hong Kong and the like take as long as 6-7 weeks. This is not ideal or enjoyable, but it does happen.

I don’t think you can or should use Fasttech as a becnhmark. They are the exception, not the rule! Technically, I think some of their shipments are questionable at best because I have heard reports of them being marked as “gift” to expedite the process. That is another story for another thread…

My point is, it has not been over a month in this case. To file a dispute at this point would be premature. Yes, sure, vendors come and go / and have ups and downs, but I think folks are getting a little carried away now. This is a brand new release to boot!

I’ll bet most people worrying on this thread all get their deliveries the same day.

I like copper

luvlites
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/29/2012 - 16:55
Posts: 354

Haterade wrote:
All due respect, I disagree. Why? Let me explain… I think filling a dispute at this point, in this case, would be foolish. We are talking about vendors shipping from the other side of the planet, and these parcels must go through multiple customs screenings in the process. This often (typically) takes 3-5 weeks. I have had shipments from China/Hong Kong and the like take as long as 6-7 weeks. This is not ideal or enjoyable, but it does happen.

I don’t think you can or should use Fasttech as a becnhmark. They are the exception, not the rule! Technically, I think some of their shipments are questionable at best because I have heard reports of them being marked as “gift” to expedite the process. That is another story for another thread…

My point is, it has not been over a month in this case. To file a dispute at this point would be premature. Yes, sure, vendors come and go / and have ups and downs, but I think folks are getting a little carried away now. This is a brand new release to boot!

I’ll bet most people worrying on this thread all get their deliveries the same day.


I don’t think it would be reasonable to file a dispute now but at the 44 day mark it absolutely is. And unless I was willing to personally guarantee someone they’ll get their light or their money back, I wouldn’t tell them not to file. But that’s just me.

I didn’t use Fasttech as a benchmark but glad you brought them up because they’re an example of a market force that motivates other vendors to be more competitive. So are (reasonable) disputes.

Haterade
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 09/05/2012 - 20:36
Posts: 1561
Location: District of Corruption

Very true. Wasn’t trying to argue or anything. Just my .02

I like copper

asot
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 321
Location: Greece

I believe both sides are right and explaining:
Yes, a Paypal dispute could harm a (until now) good manufacturer seller
but
on the other side, it’s not normal that Ric hasn’t given any detail regarding the final product
and has not commented on anything for about 20+ days..!

Additionally, the whole story of shipping throught Singapore post, with parcels been able to be tracked after 7 days (and really not yet!), is really strange and to me, seem just like a way to “gain” some more time…

Haterade
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 09/05/2012 - 20:36
Posts: 1561
Location: District of Corruption

You know, there could be some truth to that. Shippers often register tracking numbers a day or two before the item actually ships. That type of thing occurs all the time.

On the whole I am trying to keep faith in Ric that he is simply very busy. I do hope he posts up a quick note to ease some folks minds a bit. That might be good.

I like copper

asot
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 321
Location: Greece
Haterade wrote:
…Shippers often register tracking numbers a day or two before the item actually ships….

In this case, 14 days passed since someone mentioned having a shipping notice (April 11) and no tracking info (working) yet – so a completely different story…

sixfink
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/08/2011 - 17:46
Posts: 517
Location: Krautland, home of beer and pretzels
asot wrote:
on the other side, it’s not normal that Ric hasn’t given any detail regarding the final product and has not commented on anything for about 20+ days..!

maybe his RL job is keeping him away. I know mine is keeping me from quite bloody everything.

Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 3726
Location: California

Stuff shipped from Ric may be slow, but he’s very dependable. I’ve ordered lots of stuff from him over the last few years and all of it eventually arrived.

However, the delivery time to the U.S. can sometimes be quite long. I’ve had the shipments from him take anywhere from 10 days at the fastest to 2 months at the longest. I’d say on average it takes 3-4 weeks.

It’s too early to start worrying about whether your shipment actually shippped or not. I’d wait 2 months. If you still haven’t gotten it and the tracking numbers aren’t working, then it’s time to start worrying.

InfinitusEquitas
InfinitusEquitas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Joined: 09/06/2012 - 02:31
Posts: 1983
Location: 20 Minutes from NYC

Even for products shipping from China, 45 days from the time of order, is a reasonable amount of time to deliver.

Opening a dispute does not equate to opening a claim.  

What it does do, is extend the window during which you can open a claim, so that you can work out the problem with the seller.

Having been burned before (seller simply disappeared and over 60 days had passed), I find it best to protect myself, and open a dispute once 43-44 days have passed from the time of the order.  

During the past three years, of actively buying things from china, on a fairly regular basis (probably 300+ transactions), I have only had to open disputes half a dozen times, and of those only one had to be escalated to a claim.  In that case, the seller also simply dissapeared, despite having had a stellar reputation previously.

That said, if only 3-4 weeks from the time of the order passed, it's far too early to panic.

Chicken Drumstick
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 08/27/2012 - 05:00
Posts: 2388
Location: UK

the wrote:

To everyone: Please calm down and try to understand that we have pre-ordered this light. There can be many legitimate reasons for delays (manufacturing, quality control, courier, HK post, ..) and at least IMHO the Paypal 45 day limit comes too soon in this case.

Disputes may cause unnecessary harm to Ric – I wouldn’t like to see that happening. On the contrary, I would like him to provide us with these brand new innovative lights also in the future..


I agree with this. However it’s worth noting that according to Ric, via the dispatch emails with tracking numbers. That the lights have been manufacturered and thusly sent out, meaning that there is no reason to suspect the lights have been delayed.

I would say I’m also surprised there hasn’t been more info given in this thread to update and reassure the buyers. I want to believe all is ok. But you have to face it that no lights, no working tracking and silence from the seller are unlikely to install confidence in those who haven’t bought from this seller previously.

ohaya
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 03/16/2013 - 19:01
Posts: 5337
Location: US

Chicken Drumstick wrote:
the wrote:

To everyone: Please calm down and try to understand that we have pre-ordered this light. There can be many legitimate reasons for delays (manufacturing, quality control, courier, HK post, ..) and at least IMHO the Paypal 45 day limit comes too soon in this case.

Disputes may cause unnecessary harm to Ric – I wouldn’t like to see that happening. On the contrary, I would like him to provide us with these brand new innovative lights also in the future..


I agree with this. However it’s worth noting that according to Ric, via the dispatch emails with tracking numbers. That the lights have been manufacturered and thusly sent out, meaning that there is no reason to suspect the lights have been delayed.

I would say I’m also surprised there hasn’t been more info given in this thread to update and reassure the buyers. I want to believe all is ok. But you have to face it that no lights, no working tracking and silence from the seller are unlikely to install confidence in those who haven’t bought from this seller previously.

Hi,

I think that you “hit the nail on the head” there. It’s not so much that it’s taking so long, and the tracking #s not working, but really what worries me is “the sound of silence”. The old saying is “no news is good news”, but that’s never been my experience when it comes to business… rather, it’s more like “no news usually means bad news”.

Despite all of my cynicism, I truly hope that this is not the case here, but I also think that the seller could do his case a lot of good by simply posting SOMETHING here, or better yet, providing regular, honest updates.

Haterade
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 09/05/2012 - 20:36
Posts: 1561
Location: District of Corruption
asot wrote:
Haterade wrote:
…Shippers often register tracking numbers a day or two before the item actually ships….

In this case, 14 days passed since someone mentioned having a shipping notice (April 11) and no tracking info (working) yet – so a completely different story…

I think my comments have made it pretty clear and addressed all points, but let me try again….

I said that to imply that maybe a day or two was delayed/added in this manner.

I also said previously that it is common for shipments I have received from SE asia to not show up on tracking until very late in the process – as in, a day or two from delivery.

Put the two together.

I don’t work with Ric and I don’t know him personally. He doesn’t give me stuff to review. Nothing like that. I have No reason to defend him. I tried to be impartial, but this is getting old guys. I find it more than slightly silly to complain about a lack of updates for a week or two on a forum where we typically wait a month OR MORE for lights.

Maybe fasttech or the intarwebz has made us all impatient? I could be wrong. Maybe we’re all getting ripped off on a $30 light……. sky doesn’t seem to be falling yet that I can see.

With that, I’m punching out. I will let you lot fret over a lapse of communication.

I like copper

watkins
watkins's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/25/2011 - 13:57
Posts: 257
Location: UK

Tracking likely won’t work until it’s in the destination country, that’s what will happen with any UK orders.
Stop worrying, Ric always pulls through. He’s one of the best dealers we have.

Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 3726
Location: California
watkins wrote:
Tracking likely won’t work until it’s in the destination country, that’s what will happen with any UK orders. Stop worrying, Ric always pulls through. He’s one of the best dealers we have.

This.

Ric’s extremely dependable and always comes through. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy anything from him.

That said, shipping from China can be slow. I know some of you are champing at the bit to get their hands on this light, but the reality is shipping could take 2 months. It’s been at most 2 weeks since anyone got their shipping notice … far too early to worry.

pod7381
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/19/2011 - 22:42
Posts: 252
Location: USA

Where’s RIC??? A quick comment would put all concerns to rest.

Calmaja
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/14/2013 - 11:06
Posts: 854
Location: Indonesia

I’m new to this forum and miss this pre-order thread (although I still prefer to order it after get more description).
Based on my experience buying some goods from ebay, Singpost usually is the slowest courier service compare to same budget service like HK/China post, at least to my country (Indonesia).

I hope this is just problem with shipment and all of you that order it can get it soon… so I can get some review for this interesting tiny 18650 flashlight Smile

luvlites
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/29/2012 - 16:55
Posts: 354

watkins wrote:
Stop worrying, Ric always pulls through.

Oh I’m not worried because if the light’s not in my hands on day 44 I’m filing a dispute.
watkins wrote:
He’s one of the best dealers we have.

How do you figure? He’s been logging on, as recently as 40 minutes ago, and despite the fact that we’ve sent him well over $3,000 for these lights no update.

How does that compare to Bryan at Shiningbeam, Calvin at IS, Shane at Protactical, Stanley at Hkequipment, Jasmine at Fasttech, etc.?

Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 3726
Location: California

luvlites wrote:
watkins wrote:
Stop worrying, Ric always pulls through.

Oh I’m not worried because if the light’s not in my hands on day 44 I’m filing a dispute.
watkins wrote:
He’s one of the best dealers we have.

How do you figure? He’s been logging on, as recently as 40 minutes ago, and despite the fact that we’ve sent him well over $3,000 for these lights no update.

How does that compare to Bryan at Shiningbeam, Calvin at IS, Shane at Protactical, Stanley at Hkequipment, Jasmine at Fasttech, etc.?

I think I rate him as one of the best dealers because of his decent prices, massive selection, and dependable service.

Other dealers are more proactive when it comes to providing updates however… but their selections of budget lights may not be as good.

luvlites
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/29/2012 - 16:55
Posts: 354

Firelight2 wrote:
I think I rate him as one of the best dealers because of his decent prices, massive selection, and dependable service.

Other dealers are more proactive when it comes to providing updates however… but their selections of budget lights may not be as good.


So it’s acceptable to you that he doesn’t update us, even though he’s been logged in and we paid for well over 100 lights? Which is about how this has gone from day 1.

I don’t see that he has any competitive advantage unless he has a light nobody else does.

Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 3726
Location: California

luvlites wrote:
Firelight2 wrote:
I think I rate him as one of the best dealers because of his decent prices, massive selection, and dependable service.

Other dealers are more proactive when it comes to providing updates however… but their selections of budget lights may not be as good.


So it’s acceptable to you that he doesn’t update us, even though he’s been logged in and we paid for well over 100 lights? Which is about how this has gone from day 1.

I don’t see that he has any competitive advantage unless he has a light nobody else does.

And that is exactly the situation we have here…. he carries some lights nobody else has. Like the DQG 18650 everyone in this thread is so anxious to get.

luvlites
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/29/2012 - 16:55
Posts: 354

Firelight2 wrote:
And that is exactly the situation we have here…. he carries some lights nobody else has. Like the DQG 18650 everyone in this thread is so anxious to get.

Which doesn’t excuse the lack of updates.
Hopefully everyone will be just as excited when they receive their DQG 18650 because the communication’s been so lacking, nobody knows exactly what they’re getting.
watkins
watkins's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/25/2011 - 13:57
Posts: 257
Location: UK

luvlites wrote:
watkins wrote:
Stop worrying, Ric always pulls through.

Oh I’m not worried because if the light’s not in my hands on day 44 I’m filing a dispute.
watkins wrote:
He’s one of the best dealers we have.

How do you figure? He’s been logging on, as recently as 40 minutes ago, and despite the fact that we’ve sent him well over $3,000 for these lights no update.

How does that compare to Bryan at Shiningbeam, Calvin at IS, Shane at Protactical, Stanley at Hkequipment, Jasmine at Fasttech, etc.?

Because of his history in partnership with the forum, the dry for example and bending to our requests around that. I’m not claiming Ric has the best communication skills of all sellers (still much better than most of the overseas retailers). He does however have one of the best records for development of lights around our wants and needs.

Fasttech isn’t all that clean, they have a totally faked Facebook like number by buying fake likes. And they don’t push custom manufacturing like Ric.

Feel free to open a claim, you’ll have the light before it gets to the dispute stage.

sirockalot
sirockalot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 11/17/2012 - 22:18
Posts: 192
Location: Moose Jaw Saskatchewan, Canada

I understand why everybody is getting uptight over this. Ric REALLY has to keep us informed MUCH better then he has!

im sure he gave us all the tracking numbers to buy himself some time…. I know he will deliver, and there should be no reason to file any claims, but he really should communicate a little better. no doubt he is a busy man, but that’s no excuse to not take one minute out of his day and post on this thread. that’s all it would take to put everybody at ease…..
Ric-CN
Ric-CN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 01/03/2011 - 02:28
Posts: 430
Location: CHINA

(last Monday, 15th)
We noticed an occasional driver problem during our normal quality control procedures, The mode-changing is not so stable after hundreds of circle. Because of that, we decided to act and managed to call back all lights from the local courier.

It takes some time to re-build the driver. But problem finally fixed.

The lights is now equipped with new driver and re-sent Today. We tested one by one, It woks flawless and upgraded to HA III Anodising.
You can track it online soon.

Thanks
RIC

BTU flashlight; DQG Series Flashlight ; Torch Component

ohaya
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 03/16/2013 - 19:01
Posts: 5337
Location: US

Ric-CN wrote:
(last Monday, 15th)
We noticed an occasional driver problem during our normal quality control procedures, The mode-changing is not so stable after hundreds of circle. Because of that, we decided to act and managed to call back all lights from the local courier.

It takes some time to re-build the driver. But problem finally fixed.

The lights is now equipped with new driver and re-sent Today. We tested one by one, It woks flawless and upgraded to HA III Anodising.
You can track it online soon.

Thanks
RIC

Hi,

Thank you VERY MUCH for updating us all!!

Jim

southland
southland's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 11/04/2012 - 07:15
Posts: 3187
Location: Georgia, USA

I’ll get one when they go for $30 again. If the presale is over I think you should remove the presale price from the website.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 16107
Location: Amsterdam

It is a bit of a disappointment that a flashlight that I thought was sent and would arrive within a week suddenly appears to have withdrawn for a few weeks without sooner notice. I do appreciate however that apparant issues have been addressed, and that the lights have been resent now. Thanks again.

Orion
Orion's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 8 months ago
Joined: 11/18/2012 - 18:05
Posts: 896
Location: Where women growl & men chunder.

Thank you for the update. New driver & HAIII! But it’d have been better to keep us apprised of your mini-crisis btw discovery & recovery…

“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.” – Sydney Carton in ‘A Tale of Two Cities’ by Charles Dickens (1812-1870).

tolight
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 02/22/2013 - 10:55
Posts: 228

Thanks for the update! Better recall than ship back… Silly

Dale
Dale's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 10/19/2012 - 07:26
Posts: 3188
Location: WV

Has anyone received one of these yet? I am interested in ordering one but wanna use you guys as guinea pigs… LOL

Pages