Tapatalk

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
LanWolf
LanWolf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/29/2014 - 04:48
Posts: 126
Location: Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Tapatalk

Hi, im pretty new here, but noticed that BLF does not appear in tapatalk, so i seached and saw it might be because it runs on drupal. It this still the reason ?

i read that they are going to create a plugin over here:

https://drupal.org/node/2166443

I am not really into how this works, but it might be an option ? I think many of us here would like to have BLF in tapatalk

/ Just a Byte /

MountainKing
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 hours ago
Joined: 12/01/2011 - 03:20
Posts: 2265
Location: Lost Islands ™

Posted this a year ago Sad Hope it happens!

Never ever forget and forgive. Niwal**er new kid on the block trying to act tough.
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/24847
Do not support this brand.

DINODIRECT – SCAM COMPANY. DO NOT BUY
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/11324?page=2#comment-254983

wahoowad
wahoowad's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/03/2012 - 22:50
Posts: 451
Location: VA

How is it better? I use lots of forums and have been wondering if Tapatalk is better. I installed it once and wasn’t excited.

Does it help browse topics using smartphones?

       
       
LanWolf
LanWolf's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/29/2014 - 04:48
Posts: 126
Location: Apeldoorn, Netherlands

It very much helps browsing on smartphone or tablet, it syncs between devices where you stopped in a thread, so when you read on ipad for example, and stop after a few pages, and pick up your android phone, you can read on where you left off.
Also it removes the clutter wich you see when browsing forums on a small screen, you have the whole screen to read the thread.
Couple of years ago i did t like it either, since about a year it has become my first choise for reading forums, even on ipad air.

/ Just a Byte /

recDNA
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/17/2014 - 13:29
Posts: 8
LanWolf wrote:
It very much helps browsing on smartphone or tablet, it syncs between devices where you stopped in a thread, so when you read on ipad for example, and stop after a few pages, and pick up your android phone, you can read on where you left off. Also it removes the clutter wich you see when browsing forums on a small screen, you have the whole screen to read the thread. Couple of years ago i did t like it either, since about a year it has become my first choise for reading forums, even on ipad air.

Noob here…still no Tapatalk?

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6188
Location: The Light

Unfortunately Tapatalk isn’t available for the version of Drupal that I run here. My apologies.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

recDNA
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/17/2014 - 13:29
Posts: 8
sb56637 wrote:
Unfortunately Tapatalk isn’t available for the version of Drupal that I run here. My apologies.

Thanks. Is there any other Android app that carries it?

pilotdog68
pilotdog68's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 05/30/2013 - 23:31
Posts: 6418
Location: Held against my will in IOWA, USA

meh, I have tapatalk for a few other forums i’m in. I’m not exactly a huge fan of it.

My Favorite Modded Lights: X6R, S8 , X2R , M6, SP03

Major Projects:  Illuminated Tailcap, TripleDown/TripleStack Driver

Hannoveraner
Hannoveraner's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 6 days ago
Joined: 12/10/2014 - 15:09
Posts: 99
Location: Europe

Bad update!

Justifiably more an more negative ratings in the android store.

Very sad!

breinrules
breinrules's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/04/2014 - 02:25
Posts: 581
Location: Cebu, Philippines

I do hope we can havean alternative. What i need

From tapatalk is the built in image hosting service. This enough limits my posts in this forum

wight
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 11/27/2013 - 16:40
Posts: 4957
Location: Virginia, USA

breinrules wrote:

I do hope we can havean alternative. What i need

From tapatalk is the built in image hosting service. This enough limits my posts in this forum

Do you use the forum exclusively on a mobile device?

Still taking a break. Smile
list of my drivers & variants (A17DD, FET+1 stuff, WIP stuff, etc)

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6188
Location: The Light

At some point I need to bite the bullet and upgrade BLF to the next major version of Drupal, which does appear to be minimally supported by Tapatalk. It’s going to be a huge investment in time to do the upgrade, which is why I’m putting it off and dreading every minute of it. But eventually I’ll have to do it, and after that we’ll probably have Tapatalk. Meanwhile, thanks for your patience!

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

recDNA
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/17/2014 - 13:29
Posts: 8
sb56637 wrote:
At some point I need to bite the bullet and upgrade BLF to the next major version of Drupal, which does appear to be minimally supported by Tapatalk. It’s going to be a huge investment in time to do the upgrade, which is why I’m putting it off and dreading every minute of it. But eventually I’ll have to do it, and after that we’ll probably have Tapatalk. Meanwhile, thanks for your patience!

No thank YOU for providing this venue. I’m a new member but I’ve lurked for years. You’ve saved me a pretty penny.

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6188
Location: The Light

recDNA wrote:
I’m a new member but I’ve lurked for years. You’ve saved me a pretty penny.

Ah, thanks for saying so! I’m really glad. And glad you came out of hiding too.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

breinrules
breinrules's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/04/2014 - 02:25
Posts: 581
Location: Cebu, Philippines

wight wrote:
breinrules wrote:

I do hope we can havean alternative. What i need

From tapatalk is the built in image hosting service. This enough limits my posts in this forum

Do you use the forum exclusively on a mobile device?

 

I do use the forum on pc on content consumption, but for content creation, i take pics on phone then upload it directly using tapatalk. I tend to go lazy to image uploading and linking. Or is there an easier method to

Upload pics here using phone?

breinrules
breinrules's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/04/2014 - 02:25
Posts: 581
Location: Cebu, Philippines

sb56637 wrote:
At some point I need to bite the bullet and upgrade BLF to the next major version of Drupal, which does appear to be minimally supported by Tapatalk. It's going to be a huge investment in time to do the upgrade, which is why I'm putting it off and dreading every minute of it. But eventually I'll have to do it, and after that we'll probably have Tapatalk. Meanwhile, thanks for your patience!

 

I really love blf as it is now. Simple and it works great. If it isn't broken, why fix it? If the image hosting ability

Will cost me the overall look of blf ( more eye candy,

Getting more laggy,flashy stuff), i'd rather stay away from tapatalk.

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6188
Location: The Light
breinrules wrote:
If it isn’t broken, why fix it?

Yes, I don’t plan on any major feature upgrades to BLF whenever I upgrade to the new version. The upgrade isn’t for new features, but rather is necessitated by the fact that the version we’re running now will eventually stop getting security updates, making it possibly vulnerable to hackers in the future after it stops being supported.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6188
Location: The Light

breinrules wrote:
Or is there an easier method to Upload pics here using phone?

Actually there’s no way for anybody on any device to upload pics here (except for me with my super powers. Big Smile ) It would cost a fortune in bandwidth for BLF to host all the images we show here, so we just rely on 3rd party image hosting services.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

breinrules
breinrules's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/04/2014 - 02:25
Posts: 581
Location: Cebu, Philippines

sb56637 wrote:
breinrules wrote:
Or is there an easier method to Upload pics here using phone?
Actually there's no way for anybody on any device to upload pics here (except for me with my super powers. Big Smile ) It would cost a fortune in bandwidth for BLF to host all the images we show here, so we just rely on 3rd party image hosting services.

 

Can you recommend a 3rd party android app where i can easily  link the images from here? Thank you!

wight
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 11/27/2013 - 16:40
Posts: 4957
Location: Virginia, USA

breinrules wrote:

sb56637 wrote:
breinrules wrote:
Or is there an easier method to Upload pics here using phone?
Actually there’s no way for anybody on any device to upload pics here (except for me with my super powers. Big Smile ) It would cost a fortune in bandwidth for BLF to host all the images we show here, so we just rely on 3rd party image hosting services.

 

Can you recommend a 3rd party android app where i can easily  link the images from here? Thank you!

Personally if I use the phone to take pictures I then attach it to my computer with a USB cable. That way I can easily use the computer to upload a batch of images onto the internet.

Still taking a break. Smile
list of my drivers & variants (A17DD, FET+1 stuff, WIP stuff, etc)

Default Username
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 07/14/2012 - 17:54
Posts: 387
Location: Ontario, Canada

breinrules wrote:

sb56637 wrote:
breinrules wrote:
Or is there an easier method to Upload pics here using phone?
Actually there’s no way for anybody on any device to upload pics here (except for me with my super powers. Big Smile ) It would cost a fortune in bandwidth for BLF to host all the images we show here, so we just rely on 3rd party image hosting services.

 

Can you recommend a 3rd party android app where i can easily  link the images from here? Thank you!


For what it’s worth, Flickr may provide some of the functionality you’re looking for. It can automatically upload any photo you take on your phone to their servers, and you can then link those photos here. I’ve found their UI to be a little frustrating to use on mobile devices though.
kaiser
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 03/26/2014 - 15:48
Posts: 87
Location: 55° 43' 32.6", 24° 21' 59.65"

wight wrote:
Personally if I use the phone to take pictures I then attach it to my computer with a USB cable. That way I can easily use the computer to upload a batch of images onto the internet.

You could also install Dropbox or similar app on your smartphone and your pc. When you install Dropbox on your smartphone it asks if you would like to enable the auto-upload feature for pictures taken with your phone. So as soon you take the picture it’s almost momentarily appears in your Dropbox folder on your PC.
Another option is Airdroid (if you have Android phone).
pilotdog68
pilotdog68's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 05/30/2013 - 23:31
Posts: 6418
Location: Held against my will in IOWA, USA
kaiser wrote:
You could also install Dropbox or similar app on your smartphone and your pc. When you install Dropbox on your smartphone it asks if you would like to enable the auto-upload feature for pictures taken with your phone. So as soon you take the picture it’s almost momentarily appears in your Dropbox folder on your PC. Another option is Airdroid (if you have Android phone).

Google drive has similar functionality, and you don’t even need to create a new account, it uses your regular google/gmail account

My Favorite Modded Lights: X6R, S8 , X2R , M6, SP03

Major Projects:  Illuminated Tailcap, TripleDown/TripleStack Driver

kaiser
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 03/26/2014 - 15:48
Posts: 87
Location: 55° 43' 32.6", 24° 21' 59.65"

I know that Drive/Box/One drive(?) and probably many others have similar functionality. But Dropbox was the first that started to provide this kind of service and I got used to it. Drive I didn’t like so much when it appeared. Dont know of it’s better now. Anyway creating an account is so easy Wink

BeyondTheBox
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 08/20/2018 - 23:46
Posts: 46
Location: United States

Is there a way to post pictures from Instagram? It’s the only image hosting site I use. I’ve tried imbedding links, but doesn’t seem to Work. Doesn’t even provide the link at all.

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6188
Location: The Light
BeyondTheBox wrote:
Is there a way to post pictures from Instagram? It’s the only image hosting site I use. I’ve tried imbedding links, but doesn’t seem to Work. Doesn’t even provide the link at all.

I pulled a random picture off Instagram by copying the the post’s URL into https://downloadgram.com/ and copying the resulting URL (without the ?dl=1 part at the end).

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

BeyondTheBox
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 08/20/2018 - 23:46
Posts: 46
Location: United States
sb56637 wrote:
BeyondTheBox wrote:
Is there a way to post pictures from Instagram? It’s the only image hosting site I use. I’ve tried imbedding links, but doesn’t seem to Work. Doesn’t even provide the link at all.

I pulled a random picture off Instagram by copying the the post’s URL into https://downloadgram.com/ and copying the resulting URL (without the ?dl=1 part at the end).

Very interesting and thank you for the suggestion.