Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

2578 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 7455
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight
dchomak wrote:
Bort wrote:
Did you try and talk them into selling it to you?

I didn’t bother, it would have been taken a lot of time and what would it result in? Even if I got it for a dollar, I did as well at Costco when I got a bunch of high CRI bulbs there for a dollar each. And they were 60W equivalents, not 40’s
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/43375


very nice, i’ve never seen a high CRI bulb for a good price, they are extremely rare here and when they do pop up cost $15-25 each Sad
I’ve been wanting to get some to experiment with
dchomak wrote:

BTW, it seems everywhere I go I see bargains. Sunday my wife wanted to go to Target, I dropped here of and went next door to Lowes while she shopped. I finished early and went into Target to find her. Within a minute I’m seeing items marked at 0.00! I shot pics of a couple.


I showed my wife the pics and she asked how I do that. Do what I asked?
How do you make prices drop like that just by walking in the store?
She made me show the checkout girl and she called the manager. Turns out they have a new person putting up the stickers and they screwed up. How bad I don’t know, we left.

You have “the knack” Cool

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

tarver
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Joined: 08/31/2015 - 03:30
Posts: 421

It’s all a hoax. You print your own stickers and go around town creating havoc in the stores.

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut
tarver wrote:
It’s all a hoax. You print your own stickers and go around town creating havoc in the stores.

You can’t prove that!

poiihy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 05/20/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 510
Bort wrote:
poiihy wrote:
what does this device do?

It’s a rain/freeze sensor that you connect to your irrigation control valve, so that when it is raining or freezing, the controller does not water the plants.

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 7455
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight
poiihy wrote:
Bort wrote:
poiihy wrote:
what does this device do?

It’s a rain/freeze sensor that you connect to your irrigation control valve, so that when it is raining or freezing, the controller does not water the plants.


darn, not what i need Sad

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

poiihy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 05/20/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 510

tarver wrote:
It’s all a hoax. You print your own stickers and go around town creating havoc in the stores.

No it isn’t; when I was new to this I was really surprised (and maybe still are) at all the deals dchomak finds, and was wondering whether they were even real, but then I found my first 1¢ items (Light Almond Fan Control Switches) and after that found more 1¢ items… I often found good discounts so recently I started taking pictures of them to keep track of them and post them here for others to enjoy.

You just have to learn the physics of Home Depot’s pricing of clearance items, and over time you will get better and find more stuff.

SciFiFreak
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/11/2015 - 21:43
Posts: 107
Location: Boise
radioshaq wrote:
dchomak wrote:
Tons of the mini Mag combos. They were $24.97, then $20.00 and now at the “6” price of $19.06. We should all be watching that one closely because the date on the Energizer Lantern that just went to the “3” price is only 6 days older than the Mags. These mini Mags could go to the “3” price in another 6 days! (I am going to guess $5.03) That would be sweet!
well – am i disappointed… i checked the 3 home depots around here, and NONE of them even had the mag combos. so no waiting for the “3” price for me..

I wandered into my HD today and found the mini Mag combo for 6.33. There were only six so I grabbed three.

poiihy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 05/20/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 510

radioshaq
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 11/06/2015 - 02:26
Posts: 312
SciFiFreak wrote:
radioshaq wrote:
dchomak wrote:
Tons of the mini Mag combos. They were $24.97, then $20.00 and now at the “6” price of $19.06. We should all be watching that one closely because the date on the Energizer Lantern that just went to the “3” price is only 6 days older than the Mags. These mini Mags could go to the “3” price in another 6 days! (I am going to guess $5.03) That would be sweet!
well – am i disappointed… i checked the 3 home depots around here, and NONE of them even had the mag combos. so no waiting for the “3” price for me..

I wandered into my HD today and found the mini Mag combo for 6.33. There were only six so I grabbed three.


Wow! awesome – good for you. i checked a fourth home depot today and they also didn’t have any Sad however i did find the energizer pop-up lantern + flashlight deal that dchomak had posted earlier for 5.03 Smile
Boaz
Boaz's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 34 sec ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 7070
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

Dchomack the fold out led energizer lantern has a no PWM ramping feature .Just hold down the button and ramp to any brightness .

you need to stop buying so much and read the packaging more . I saw these in target when they first came out and was …..very impressed . the 32$ is what stopped me but i’ve always said if the price was right I’d be all over them .. I like the no-glare and the ramping is cool …what was the final .03 price ?

       καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

                                  https://www.gty.org/

 

    Still selling diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut

SciFiFreak wrote:

I wandered into my HD today and found the mini Mag combo for 6.33. There were only six so I grabbed three.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The hunt is on.
That mini Mag Pro is 272 Lumen. That’s real honest to goodness Lumen, not Chinese. What I am finding out recently though is that not all stores go to the “3” price at the same time. That can be good AND bad. Good in that once the “3” price hits it gives people that are late to the party a chance to score. Bad in that the actual date can not be known with absolute certainty.

Boaz wrote:
Dchomack the fold out led energizer lantern has a no PWM ramping feature .Just hold down the button and ramp to any brightness .

you need to stop buying so much and read the packaging more . I saw these in target when they first came out and was …..very impressed . the 32$ is what stopped me but i’ve always said if the price was right I’d be all over them .. I like the no-glare and the ramping is cool …what was the final .03 price ?

You are right on both counts! So many lights have gone on clearance at HD and Lowes that I just can’t keep up with it all.
To my credit though, after thinking about my statement above about Energizers claim of 100 hour runtime, I read the instructions and discovered the ramping mode.
How cool is that.
Also last night I cracked open one of the popup lantern, flashlight combos. The popup lantern also has the ramping function. The flashlight is both a mini worklight and a flashlight. The worklight portion does not have the ramping. I am reposting the final “3” price for each.

Both of these lights at these price are impressive deals. In fact when I finally tried out the popup lantern yesterday I went back to my local store and grabbed the last 2. They were unmarked and hanging on a hook by the contractors checkout. They were hard to see and were passed over because no one else other than I knew they were there or what price they would ring up at.

Also while I was there I spotted this Philips 100W equiv bulb. 1500 Lumen. It was down by the floor and there was one of those rolling ladders in front of the whole display. I had to crawl into and under the ladder to photo the price tag.
$4.00, I was ready to get some when after looking at the pic on my phone I realized that price was for some other CFL bulb. I brought one up to scan, looking up the price on my phone as I went up. List price was $9.97. Even though this light was unmarked I wanted to see what it would ring up for. $7.65
That price is approximately 25% off list. I put it back and will wait to see if it comes down more. What kind of a clearance price is $7.65? Strange for a HD

ohaya
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 03/16/2013 - 19:01
Posts: 5337
Location: US
Bort wrote:
poiihy wrote:
what does this device do?

We have one of those up on our roof/gutter. It’s wireless and senses if there’s rain. Our sprinkler system uses that to determine when it doesn’t have to come on, e.g., if there’s a bunch of rain.

Boaz
Boaz's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 34 sec ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 7070
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

Nice score …At 7.50 $ i’m going to go see if they have anything at my local HD.

       καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

                                  https://www.gty.org/

 

    Still selling diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut

I found 4 of the Mini Maglite Pro combos at $6.33

And the Armour MAX 3D went to $7.93

The store only had one, another local store has 17 but they have not yet dropped the price. At that store they are still at the “6” price of $19.06. Every other store in the area is out of stock.
Remember this light was once $31.47

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut
Boaz wrote:
Nice score …At 7.50 $ i’m going to go see if they have anything at my local HD.

I was all over this, got 14

While getting the Mini Mags above, I came across this.
10 packs of RayOVac Fusions. They are marked at $4.96 but rang up for $1.73


Good replacement batteries for the Lanterns. I however use the “DuraLoops” scored at Target a couple of years ago.

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 7455
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

dchomak wrote:
Also while I was there I spotted this Philips 100W equiv bulb. 1500 Lumen. It was down by the floor and there was one of those rolling ladders in front of the whole display. I had to crawl into and under the ladder to photo the price tag.
$4.00, I was ready to get some when after looking at the pic on my phone I realized that price was for some other CFL bulb. I brought one up to scan, looking up the price on my phone as I went up. List price was $9.97. Even though this light was unmarked I wanted to see what it would ring up for. $7.65
That price is approximately 25% off list. I put it back and will wait to see if it comes down more. What kind of a clearance price is $7.65? Strange for a HD


Good to know these are being replaced, they cost $16 here, i have one i got a year ago, its a good bulb, its delisted from the Canadian website, but then again our website has been screwed up since last years overhaul so it actually does not mean anything.
Sometimes you get things on clearance then we do, so thanks for posting it and i will watch this bulb at our stores.

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

poiihy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 05/20/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 510
dchopmak wrote:
Boaz wrote:
Dchomack the fold out led energizer lantern has a no PWM ramping feature .Just hold down the button and ramp to any brightness . you need to stop buying so much and read the packaging more . I saw these in target when they first came out and was …..very impressed . the 32$ is what stopped me but i’ve always said if the price was right I’d be all over them .. I like the no-glare and the ramping is cool …what was the final .03 price ?

You are right on both counts! So many lights have gone on clearance at HD and Lowes that I just can’t keep up with it all.
To my credit though, after thinking about my statement above about Energizers claim of 100 hour runtime, I read the instructions and discovered the ramping mode.
How cool is that.
Also last night I cracked open one of the popup lantern, flashlight combos. The popup lantern also has the ramping function. The flashlight is both a mini worklight and a flashlight. The worklight portion does not have the ramping. I am reposting the final “3” price for each.

About this ‘ramping feature’… Does this happen with those lights?: press button once, low mode, press button twice, high mode, press button once and then hold, ‘ramping’ feature, hold down button, momentary full brightness.
If so then that is exactly the same behavior as my nightcore tube.

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut

It’s press and release and it is on high. Or if you press and hold it goes into a continuous ramping down. You let go when you have the desired brightness. OR of you press and hold and continue to hold it will ramp down, then blink, then ramp back up.

Muto
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 16:42
Posts: 1991
Location: Southeast, PA

Found this today at HD for $4.53 , quick review and Mod here;
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/46412

 photo Defiant Armormax 2AA.2_zpssmpw9tkc.jpg

Couldn’t find the Mini Maglites and found this instead.
Thanks and good luck everyone.
Keith

After the Apocalypse there will be only 2 things left alive Cockroaches and Keith Richards
..
Friends don’t let friends use ATT/DirectTV
..

I used her, she used me
But neither one cared
We were gettin’ our share
“Bob Seger”

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 7455
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

Bort wrote:
dchomak wrote:
Also while I was there I spotted this Philips 100W equiv bulb. 1500 Lumen. It was down by the floor and there was one of those rolling ladders in front of the whole display. I had to crawl into and under the ladder to photo the price tag.
$4.00, I was ready to get some when after looking at the pic on my phone I realized that price was for some other CFL bulb. I brought one up to scan, looking up the price on my phone as I went up. List price was $9.97. Even though this light was unmarked I wanted to see what it would ring up for. $7.65
That price is approximately 25% off list. I put it back and will wait to see if it comes down more. What kind of a clearance price is $7.65? Strange for a HD


Good to know these are being replaced, they cost $16 here, i have one i got a year ago, its a good bulb, its delisted from the Canadian website, but then again our website has been screwed up since last years overhaul so it actually does not mean anything.
Sometimes you get things on clearance then we do, so thanks for posting it and i will watch this bulb at our stores.

still $16 here, checked at HD today

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

xjsnake
xjsnake's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 11/24/2014 - 13:59
Posts: 181
Location: Tennessee

Rather than drop the price to the .03 on the maglight two pack, my local store pulled em off the floor. I searched high and low (including where I saw them 4 days ago) and they are nowhere to be found. Middle TN tends to be a day or two behind dchomak so I know they weren’t bought by random people. Same thing happened with the ego trimmers I was watching. Apparently my local store no longer allows things to go to the .03 price. SAD

poiihy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 05/20/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 510

Lookie what I found!

21 sprinklers, 19¢ each, totaling $3.99.
Original price was $2.28, so these 21 sprinklers would cost $47.88. That means these sprinklers are 92% off, and I saved $43.89. (yes I bought them all of course Big Smile )

These sprinklers don’t come with spray heads so they only have ‘dummy’ heads that you can use to pull out the stem to install a spray head. But the ‘dummy’ head on these is interesting. It appears to have a built-in sprayer (usually they wouldn’t have any sort of sprayer) which is a nice touch. But what’s even more weird is that there is this flexible piece that covers the spray hole. When the stem sticks out, the piece folds down to open the hole but it makes sort-of a ‘ramp’ in front of it (presumably to spray water upwards?) and then when the stem retracts, the piece folds up and closes the hole. whaa?

Here’s the head:

Here’s what happens when the stem is extended; you can see the flapper piece thing folded down to open the hole.

And here’s one sprinkler that had the flapper piece thing broken off:

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut
xjsnake wrote:
Rather than drop the price to the .03 on the maglight two pack, my local store pulled em off the floor. I searched high and low (including where I saw them 4 days ago) and they are nowhere to be found. Middle TN tends to be a day or two behind dchomak so I know they weren’t bought by random people. Same thing happened with the ego trimmers I was watching. Apparently my local store no longer allows things to go to the .03 price. SAD

Maybe what happens is if a store only has a few they go to the 3 price. If they have a lot they pull them. I called around yesterday. All stores that had the 3 price were out off stock (sold out?). Stores still at the 6 price had some. My local store has about 30 and as of yesterday they were still $19.06. They were not set to change yesterday, I asked the price change woman and she checked for me.
In other words perhaps HD is unwilling to let 30 of them go at the 3 price. Maybe with that many the extra handling required to send them back is worth it to them.

Yesterday, by calling stores and asking for stock, I found 2 stores that had the 3D Armourmax for $7.93. In both cases they were NOT on the floor but rather squirreled away in the overhead
Just above the flashlight section
#852-955

And then this store had them in both configurations, with the D cells and without. all in the overhead.
#852-955

PJ
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 03/16/2016 - 23:46
Posts: 33
Location: S.E. MI

I found one Maglite Pro AA/AAA combo for $6.33. I also found a few 2 cell xenon bulbs with adapter for $1.03. These were on the side of the battery rack at the front of the store.

Another store had 2 Leatherman Wingmans for $22.06. I’ll have to keep checking and see if they last for the .03 drop.

Eschew obfuscation.

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut

PJ wrote:
I found one Maglite Pro AA/AAA combo for $6.33. I also found a few 2 cell xenon bulbs with adapter for $1.03. These were on the side of the battery rack at the front of the store.

Another store had 2 Leatherman Wingmans for $22.06. I’ll have to keep checking and see if they last for the .03 drop.

That twin pack of mags at 6.33 is a great deal. Each light is still sold by HD individually for $26.00 and $15.74

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut

poiiy, what are you going to do with these flashlight hosts?
I think they would make a good “flooder” LOL

lichan
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2015 - 00:51
Posts: 389
Location: Oklahoma City

Dchomak, when you check the price of an item at the self checkout and do not want to buy it, do you have an associate cancel it out or just leave it on the screen and walk away? Or is there a way to cancel the item/just do a price check at the register yourself. I’ve checked a couple of 03 items and they weren’t at the penny price and then had to have the associate cancel them out before I took them back to the shelves. Perhaps having customer service check would be a better option but I’m afraid they might not let me have a penny item back. What do you do to handle this situation?

poiihy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 05/20/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 510
lichan wrote:
Dchomak, when you check the price of an item at the self checkout and do not want to buy it, do you have an associate cancel it out or just leave it on the screen and walk away? Or is there a way to cancel the item/just do a price check at the register yourself. I’ve checked a couple of 03 items and they weren’t at the penny price and then had to have the associate cancel them out before I took them back to the shelves. Perhaps having customer service check would be a better option but I’m afraid they might not let me have a penny item back. What do you do to handle this situation?

At the self check-out, press the Price Check button on the welcome screen (not the start button or whatever it is). Then scan your item, and it will tell you the price, and you can choose to cancel it or add to transaction.

So if you want to check the price of something but do not want to buy it, go to the self check-out, press Price Check, scan, see the price, then press cancel and put the item back or whatever.

poiihy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 05/20/2015 - 22:24
Posts: 510

dchomak wrote:
poiiy, what are you going to do with these flashlight hosts?
I think they would make a good “flooder” LOL

Haha, but no I won’t be using these for flashlights, I will use them as sprinklers. I’m not into flashlights.

These Hunter sprinklers are good quality. You don’t find many Hunter products in HD, it’s mostly Orbit and Rain Bird and stuff. I think Orbit is a division of Hunter that makes garbage quality “residential grade” products, while I think Hunter is more commercial grade or whatever.

Orbit products are HORRIBLE! Some stuff is ok but they have many terrible products… they are the ones to have the worst sprinkler ever:
https://www.orbitonline.com/products/sprinkler-systems/sprinklers/spray-...
These are the only sprinklers I know of that are guaranteed to make a geyser in your yard!
Take a look at these sprinkers on Home Depot’s site; they all have several 1-star reviews.

The only thing that is good is their irrigation controllers; they make nice controllers.

I’d recommend anyone to not buy any Orbit products that touch water (aka nothing except their controllers).

lichan
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2015 - 00:51
Posts: 389
Location: Oklahoma City

Thanks, I missed that there was a price-check button on the initial screen.

Pages