What blade did you EDC today?

3387 posts / 0 new
Last post
wle
wle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 13:49
Posts: 1548
Location: atlanta ga

almost no blade..

just a 1.5” blade in a 20 year old leatherman micro

maybe i would use a blade more if it was better, but as it is, i probably get that one out about once a year

my flashlight, probably 50 times a day

wle

"You never have the wind with you - it's either against you, or you're having a good day."
    Daniel Behrman, "The Man Who Loved Bicycles".
It never gets easy, you just go faster.   
-Greg Lemond.
       ,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1470
Location: EU

Asymmetric flipper G10 version:

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1470
Location: EU

I dusted off my forgotten Brother 1607 for this Sunday:

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1470
Location: EU

Bugout clone with aluminium handle:

Swabs
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 11/06/2019 - 11:41
Posts: 111
Location: At the tail-end of a torch

Today I carry a Twosun TS127 in S90V blade steel. I also have a TS127 in 14C28N blade steel. About as good as an EDC knife gets for $71 (S90V model), and $40 (14C28N model)

I’m still trying to figure out how to post pictures on this site. When i do figure it out, I will post some.

My Future's So Bright...well, my flashlights are anyways.

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 13705
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

Swabs wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures on this site. When i do figure it out, I will post some.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/56178

Swabs
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 11/06/2019 - 11:41
Posts: 111
Location: At the tail-end of a torch

Bottom knife is a Ka-Bar BK7 with custom scales
Second from bottom is a Twosun TS127 in S90V. I dyed the scales so to be red and black, original is orange and black.
Third is a Twosun TS127 in 14C28N. I dyed the scales to be green and black, original was light gray and black.
Then a Ruike P155 I dyed dark sapphire blue, was tan colored.
Bestech Warwolf at the top I dyed burgundy, was tan colored.

!{height:800px; width:600px}

!

My Future's So Bright...well, my flashlights are anyways.

xevious
xevious's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 02/27/2013 - 21:55
Posts: 1187
Location: Hoboken, NJ USA

Rdubya18 wrote:
One of today’s carry…
!{height:400px; width:500px}https://i.imgur.com/GjJJfSX_d.jpg?maxwidth=900&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium!
Is this ROXON worth the price? Usable scissors?
Swabs
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 11/06/2019 - 11:41
Posts: 111
Location: At the tail-end of a torch

Ok, I EDC these two the most. I think I finally took a decent picture of the TS127’s. Please be patient with me and my multiple posts of pictures. I have it fine tuned now, and will minimize my pic posts going forward.

!{height:800px; width:600px}

!

My Future's So Bright...well, my flashlights are anyways.

f0xx
f0xx's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 02/27/2019 - 18:44
Posts: 431
Location: Near Dallas, Texas
Swabs wrote:
Please be patient with me and my multiple posts of pictures. I have it fine tuned now, and will minimize my pic posts going forward.

I find it easiest with imgur to go to the album and just right click the picture and “copy image address”. Then I use that link with the “Insert image” button here on the forums. I also use the “Relative width” option set to 30-50% rather than setting the dimensions. It comes out without that frame around the image, and works better for phone screens.. like this (quote my post to see how I formatted it, but don’t post it again):

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1470
Location: EU
Swabs wrote:
Ok, I EDC these two the most. I think I finally took a decent picture of the TS127’s. Please be patient with me and my multiple posts of pictures. I have it fine tuned now, and will minimize my pic posts going forward.

The S90V version looks pretty! Thumbs Up How do you like the handle? Isn’t it too thick?

Swabs
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 11/06/2019 - 11:41
Posts: 111
Location: At the tail-end of a torch

Swabs wrote:
Ok, I EDC these two the most. I think I finally took a decent picture of the TS127’s. Please be patient with me and my multiple posts of pictures. I have it fine tuned now, and will minimize my pic posts going forward.

!{height:800px; width:600px}

!

Thank you for the information.

My Future's So Bright...well, my flashlights are anyways.

Swabs
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 11/06/2019 - 11:41
Posts: 111
Location: At the tail-end of a torch
isti242 wrote:
Swabs wrote:
Ok, I EDC these two the most. I think I finally took a decent picture of the TS127’s. Please be patient with me and my multiple posts of pictures. I have it fine tuned now, and will minimize my pic posts going forward.

The S90V version looks pretty! Thumbs Up How do you like the handle? Isn’t it too thick?

The S90V handle is a little thicker than the 14C28N variant, because they use a wider back spacer on it. I wear a size large glove, and I find the S90V model to be a perfect fit and the most comfortable of all my EDC knives. Even if my hands were a little smaller, the S90V would still be a great fit.

The TS127’s are awesome folding knives: the action, the build quality, every aspect of its design, and materials are awesome.

My Future's So Bright...well, my flashlights are anyways.

Rdubya18
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 14 min ago
Joined: 10/28/2018 - 18:42
Posts: 322
Location: Ohio

[/quote]Is this ROXON worth the price? Usable scissors?[/quote]

Yeah I think so . I’ve used the scissors a lot and they have kept sharp so far .

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1470
Location: EU
Swabs wrote:
isti242 wrote:
Swabs wrote:
Ok, I EDC these two the most. I think I finally took a decent picture of the TS127’s. Please be patient with me and my multiple posts of pictures. I have it fine tuned now, and will minimize my pic posts going forward.

The S90V version looks pretty! Thumbs Up How do you like the handle? Isn’t it too thick?

The S90V handle is a little thicker than the 14C28N variant, because they use a wider back spacer on it. I wear a size large glove, and I find the S90V model to be a perfect fit and the most comfortable of all my EDC knives. Even if my hands were a little smaller, the S90V would still be a great fit.

The TS127’s are awesome folding knives: the action, the build quality, every aspect of its design, and materials are awesome.

Thanks, that’s good to hear. The TS162 in S90V with similar blade style is also on my wishlist. What do you think about that?

Swabs
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 11/06/2019 - 11:41
Posts: 111
Location: At the tail-end of a torch
isti242 wrote:
Thanks, that’s good to hear. The TS162 in S90V with similar blade style is also on my wishlist. What do you think about that?

The TS162 looks every bit as awesome as the TS127.

I see that the blade shape on both are similar because there is a lot of belly, and both have the same wonderful jimping on the thumb ramp. The thumb ramp on these sets them far apart from other budget knives I’ve handled. Your thumb is locked onto the thumb ramp. Best thumb ramp I have ever used. Awesome!

It looks like the TS162 uses the same size and design backspacer as the TS127 S90V which is a nice chunk of titanium that is jimped to match the aligned thumb ramp. Awesome!

The carbon fiber part of the handles on the TS162 and TS127 S90V are real, solid, thick, and perfectly crafted CF. Some manufacturers offer carbon fiber scales on their budget line, but they are thin laminate stick-on, slippery JUNK!!! More of a down grade from G-10, or even worse than fiberglass reinforced nylon handles when it comes to feel, appearance and grip. The G-10 / carbon fiber combo on the Twosuns are awesome.

The TS162 looks amazing, and a youtube review that posted yesterday shows that the TS162 has the same awesome action (opening / closing) that all my Twosun knives have. They feel like knives costing hundreds of dollars. As good as my Ruike, and Bestech knives are, Twosun is on another level up. Heads up, once you handle a Twosun knife, you may become addicted to them, Cool

My Future's So Bright...well, my flashlights are anyways.

Chronovore
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 10/12/2019 - 13:24
Posts: 34

I’m carrying a GoComma. That’s right. This little “might be D2” darling got such high praise here that I had to see for myself. This is only day 1 but after a week or so, I’ll start putting a review together.

xevious
xevious's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 02/27/2013 - 21:55
Posts: 1187
Location: Hoboken, NJ USA

Swabs wrote:
The TS162 looks every bit as awesome as the TS127.
Big Facepalm on this for the moment, as what was previously selling below $100 USD (some as low as $75) is now selling at about $150 USD, some as high as $178 USD. Seems a lot of people have caught on and are bidding it up. Tired I’m hoping this is a surge that will abate so that in January pricing will be back down to what it once was.
isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1470
Location: EU
xevious wrote:
Swabs wrote:
The TS162 looks every bit as awesome as the TS127.
Big Facepalm on this for the moment, as what was previously selling below $100 USD (some as low as $75) is now selling at about $150 USD, some as high as $178 USD. Seems a lot of people have caught on and are bidding it up. Tired I’m hoping this is a surge that will abate so that in January pricing will be back down to what it once was.

Then the black friday price on Ali will be better: $91.99 for the TS127 in S90V and $33.39 for the 14C28N version with select coupons. The question is do I really need the premium version at triple price. Cash

Omega_17
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 06/02/2013 - 16:56
Posts: 930
Location: France
isti242 wrote:
Then the black friday price on Ali will be better: $91.99 for the TS127 in S90V and $33.39 for the 14C28N version with select coupons. The question is do I really need the premium version at triple price. Cash

Check their ebay stores. You can often get older knifes with a nice discount with bidding.

Swabs
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 11/06/2019 - 11:41
Posts: 111
Location: At the tail-end of a torch
isti242 wrote:
xevious wrote:
Swabs wrote:
The TS162 looks every bit as awesome as the TS127.
Big Facepalm on this for the moment, as what was previously selling below $100 USD (some as low as $75) is now selling at about $150 USD, some as high as $178 USD. Seems a lot of people have caught on and are bidding it up. Tired I’m hoping this is a surge that will abate so that in January pricing will be back down to what it once was.

Then the black friday price on Ali will be better: $91.99 for the TS127 in S90V and $33.39 for the 14C28N version with select coupons. The question is do I really need the premium version at triple price. Cash

I wanted one knife for my collection that has a super steel like S90V, so I set my max price at $85 in my head, and played the waiting and bidding game. I got my S90V blade for $71, nicely under the maximum price I set. If you have no interest in owning a super steel knife, consider the 14C28N with G-10 scales. It is an awesome knife for $40 or less.

My Future's So Bright...well, my flashlights are anyways.

xevious
xevious's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 02/27/2013 - 21:55
Posts: 1187
Location: Hoboken, NJ USA

isti242 wrote:
Then the black friday price on Ali will be better: $91.99 for the TS127 in S90V and $33.39 for the 14C28N version with select coupons. The question is do I really need the premium version at triple price. Cash
A better price than going rate, but I’m no hurry. I think I’ll wait until after the holidays when there may be some left-over inventory not moving. $75 would tick my box. Thumbs Up

The one great thing about the knife market is that better steel & designs keep coming up, forcing older ones down the price slope. Plus, in time, gently used examples become available that can be snapped up for less too. The only ones that seem to go up are limited editions that become coveted or short run unusual examples that get high attention.

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1470
Location: EU

As I see the holiday season is not the best time for the “waiting & bidding game” at least it requires much more patience what I lack most of the time. Smile

Sanrenmu 9015 with 12C27 blade today:

Fullscaler
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 11/30/2019 - 01:31
Posts: 9
Location: Canada

Was carrying my beater 5.11 Scout Folder today. Used it to scrape a bit of mastic from the grout lines i was finishing at home today. Then used it to baton some cedar when i started a fire in the stove to warm up the library.

 

 

In my pockets everyday, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

https://BladeProtection.com

lumenzilla
lumenzilla's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 06/09/2015 - 04:18
Posts: 756
Location: DIY, Indonesia

Custom fixed blade by a local bladesmith.

xevious
xevious's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 02/27/2013 - 21:55
Posts: 1187
Location: Hoboken, NJ USA

Took this with me on winter holiday trip. Tucked in my checked-in bag, no problems. Love the portability (2” blade).

My spare Micro USB cord plug was a little too thick for insertion in a device here, so I took out the blade & trimmed off some plastic. It cut through the hard plastic like butter. Just beautiful.

Pages