What's Your Thoughts On GEARBEST

102 posts / 0 new
Last post
hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4048

I like GB and a lot! Great (Zanflare) deals that cannot be found elsewhere. Only one item went missing, a dollar 99 cent Lii100. Too bad, but I saved a ton of cash with Gearbest, so that’s just part of the equation. But yeah, I haven’t dealt with after sale service yet.

phantom23
phantom23's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 09/26/2011 - 17:39
Posts: 769
vwpieces wrote:
phantom23 wrote:
Noone mentioned it so here I am – in November they hiked shipping costs and removed free shipping from basically all items below $20 (I didn’t order anything more expensive yet).

Not sure of your location but I still get free shipping on everything to USA.
The free shipping may not be the default automated method, but as you proceed to checkout it is always the top check box. I have several 11.11 sale deals on the way that were $1.11 or even $0.99 that shipped free unregistered mail, No Tracking.


I bought the same item in October and I paid nothing for registered shipping (Belgium Registered). That’s how it looks right now:
Joss
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2017 - 00:45
Posts: 77
Location: Czech Republic

For me, it’s getting worse and worse with GB…..at the moment 6 missing/lost items. Zanflare F1, Xiaomi Yeelight Night Light , LiitoKala charger and a couple of Nitecore Tubes. They were meant to be Christmas gifts. Now I have empty hands..All of them sent through Azerbaijan Post and all of them missing now 60 and more days (first one missing from September 11!)….very suspicious! Customer Service keeps repeating pointless apologies and “This is why we have set this timeframe November 14 then November 29, 2017” phrases….etc. Actually, no real help. I have never experienced something like this before.

Klarus XT11S, Convoy S2+, Olight S2 Baton, JetBeam JET-1MK, JetBeam MINI, Nitecore Tube, Nitecore Tip 2017.

FPV
FPV's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/14/2017 - 12:36
Posts: 575
Location: Traveling on the job

If you get a chance, do not use Azerbaijan post. It might be the 0.00$ shipping option but the only items I bought with this service took almost 2 months to reach my place.

When you actually need the item in a reasonable amount of time (say, 1 month) please try avoiding Azerbaijan post.

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Online
Last seen: 13 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 2976
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)

FPV wrote:
If you get a chance, do not use Azerbaijan post. It might be the 0.00$ shipping option but the only items I bought with this service took almost 2 months to reach my place.

When you actually need the item in a reasonable amount of time (say, 1 month) please try avoiding Azerbaijan post.

Agree! Current record stands at 123 days waiting before delivery (yes it finally arrived).

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

Joss
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2017 - 00:45
Posts: 77
Location: Czech Republic

Quote:
If you get a chance, do not use Azerbaijan post

Unfortunately, now I know…
Quote:
Current record stands at 123 days waiting before delivery (yes it finally arrived).

Have you tried to contact Paypal to resolve that or you just waited calmly?

Klarus XT11S, Convoy S2+, Olight S2 Baton, JetBeam JET-1MK, JetBeam MINI, Nitecore Tube, Nitecore Tip 2017.

DoNkEyConN
DoNkEyConN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 09/28/2017 - 04:17
Posts: 397
Location: Brisvegas, Australia

I have made close to 20 purchase from gearbest, received every one in under 2 weeks, except 1 that took a month but I choose the free postage option. if you are purchasing within Australia I highly recommend the ‘AU EXPRESS’ shipping method.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4048
Joss wrote:
For me, it’s getting worse and worse with GB…..at the moment 6 missing/lost items. Zanflare F1, Xiaomi Yeelight Night Light , LiitoKala charger and a couple of Nitecore Tubes. They were meant to be Christmas gifts. Now I have empty hands..All of them sent through Azerbaijan Post and all of them missing now 60 and more days (first one missing from September 11!)….very suspicious! Customer Service keeps repeating pointless apologies and “This is why we have set this timeframe November 14 then November 29, 2017” phrases….etc. Actually, no real help. I have never experienced something like this before.

That’s bad. I’ve got a herd of cheap items coming my way the cheapest way; not Azerbaijan Post though, but Europe Railway. I will see how that turns out.

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Online
Last seen: 13 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 2976
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)
Joss wrote:
Quote:
If you get a chance, do not use Azerbaijan post
Unfortunately, now I know…
Quote:
Current record stands at 123 days waiting before delivery (yes it finally arrived).
Have you tried to contact Paypal to resolve that or you just waited calmly?

Tell you the truth, it was holiday-time (for PostNL). Even registered parcels fell between the cracks.
Had to put in much effort myself to get those. So I forgot the rest , I guess. But it was a pleasant surprise Blushing

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2157

GB==Fasttech 2012

cool i'll see you when you get there

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 22 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 9910
Location: nyc

FPV wrote:
If you get a chance, do not use Azerbaijan post. It might be the 0.00$ shipping option but the only items I bought with this service took almost 2 months to reach my place.

When you actually need the item in a reasonable amount of time (say, 1 month) please try avoiding Azerbaijan post.

Initially it wasn’t bad, as I got everything I ordered, but only lately I have a spate of MIA items.

They all track fine, up to “US, the transfer of customs”, and then drop off the planet.

I’ll still wait the recommended time, then see what GB says, and then only as a last resort contact the card company.

I’d still rather get the goods than a refund, because there’s no more sale anymore. That stinks.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Pages