ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

3750 posts / 0 new
Last post
xatu
xatu's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 03/15/2011 - 07:21
Posts: 1194
Location: Spain. Europe
DoNkEyConN wrote:
RobertB wrote:
Where did you purchase the CIMA from?

Gearbest mate,

heres a link
https://www.gearbest.com/knives-tools/pp_628421.html

I like a lot that cima, the design, but i do not like nothing the 5cr15mov that they have used. That is the reason because i do not have one.

My reviews about knives: : http://chinese-knives.blogspot.com/

anotherbot
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/03/2016 - 03:22
Posts: 10
Location: france
bdpf79 wrote:
I’m pretty sure you quoted the wrong post Big Smile Not sure about the F111 but I would think that they are all the same size and the 1cm difference is just error of measurement by the seller. You could always contact the sellers to confirm.
LOL

i tried to quote 2 posts at the same time and failed, my bad

i asked for the f111 size, wait and see

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 521
Location: SAK-land
anotherbot wrote:
bdpf79 wrote:
I’m pretty sure you quoted the wrong post Big Smile Not sure about the F111 but I would think that they are all the same size and the 1cm difference is just error of measurement by the seller. You could always contact the sellers to confirm.
LOL

i tried to quote 2 posts at the same time and failed, my bad

i asked for the f111 size, wait and see


When I want to quote twice I make my first quote, copy it, press “back”, quote the other post and copy in the first quote.
A bit complicated but it’s working.

anotherbot wrote:
bdpf79 wrote:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1901/10001878/1942604-authentic-ganzo-...

Not as bright as the ones you have listed, but still, flashy enough for my taste LOL! + it’s a good knife.

i’m pretty shure this is orange, not yellow or green LOL

a green G704 why not, but also already have one in black (since a long time, it’s a good one)

anyone for F111 sold with different sizes ?

anotherbot
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/03/2016 - 03:22
Posts: 10
Location: france

the answer from the seller for f111 sizes :
Full length: 22.1cm
Blade length: 9.2cm
Handle length: 13cm

too big for me…

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 521
Location: SAK-land

anotherbot wrote:

the answer from the seller for f111 sizes :
Full length: 22.1cm
Blade length: 9.2cm
Handle length: 13cm

too big for me…


https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LDT-A2-Blade-Folding-Knife-G10-Handle-Kn...

or


https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VESPA-custom-made-Neon-ceramic-ball-bear...

…even though I think with this one it’s better to buy the grey one and anodized it yourself…

polarweis
polarweis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 05/31/2017 - 17:05
Posts: 313

This Fura knife i got is nice. Real titanium handle, S35VN steel
Now on flashsale on GB 15 Euro.

https://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-and-folding-knives/pp_629343.html...

!IMG_9479!

"It wouldn’t be so bright if there wasn’t a shadow every once in a while." - Jason Mraz

PBWilson
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 08/24/2016 - 17:49
Posts: 761
Location: Rochester, NY

I’ve got a similar model with a sheepsfoot blade. Don’t know if the steel is real, but it’s a handy little knife that rides unnoticed in my coin/zippo/pocket watch pocket. Too bad it’s a blatant knockoff with the SP logo though.

Billy X
Billy X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 02/03/2013 - 05:50
Posts: 557
Location: South of France
Quote:
This Fura knife i got is nice. Real titanium handle, S35VN steel Now on flashsale on GB 15 Euro.

Mine arrived hair shaving sharp.The best pizza slicing knife I’ve used,the cleaver,I suppose.It was checked,and passed by superviser,in security check in Nice airport as hand luggage,London also.UK legal.

nquinn
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 09/11/2017 - 21:55
Posts: 229
Location: DC

Bought a morakniv companion fixed blade last month because it was on sale for $8. I honestly have no idea what I’ll ever use it for.

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1303
Location: EU

I snapped a couple of side by side photos about my growing budget kwaiken collection :

PBWilson
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 08/24/2016 - 17:49
Posts: 761
Location: Rochester, NY
nquinn wrote:
Bought a morakniv companion fixed blade last month because it was on sale for $8. I honestly have no idea what I’ll ever use it for.

It’s a wonderful knife that you’ll never have to baby. I’ve used my Moras for kitchen tasks, camping, bushcraft, fire-making, yard work, whittling…it just works well. It’s also surprisingly light for a full-sized fixed blade.

thijsco19
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 12/14/2012 - 16:18
Posts: 1288
Location: Nearby Rotterdam, the Netherlands

isti242 wrote:
I snapped a couple of side by side photos about my growing budget kwaiken collection :



Looks great! Almost bought the green one. But decided to get another one first (https://m.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-and-folding-knives/pp_1045265.html?...)
That green one will be my first next knife.

How is the quality? And how does it feel in your hand?

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1303
Location: EU

thijsco19 wrote:

Looks great! Almost bought the green one. But decided to get another one first (https://m.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-and-folding-knives/pp_1045265.html?...)
That green one will be my first next knife.

How is the quality? And how does it feel in your hand?

If you mean my copper colored Fura kwaiken (at the bottom) that`s an excellent flipper with a nice fit & finish, it also feels comfortable in my hand. The blade is quite thick (4 mm) considering its width so it`s not my best slicer but I can live with that. I also like the green version. Smile

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 521
Location: SAK-land

thijsco19 wrote:
isti242 wrote:
I snapped a couple of side by side photos about my growing budget kwaiken collection :



Looks great! Almost bought the green one. But decided to get another one first (https://m.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-and-folding-knives/pp_1045265.html?...)
That green one will be my first next knife.

How is the quality? And how does it feel in your hand?


I got such a green Fura for my job student. It feels great in the hand, the surface is smooth (bead blasted?) and the green anodization is very even and same on both slabs.
The blade is way too thick though, I’m thinking about asking a knifemaking friend to put a hollow grind on it, even though that would have been easier with the tanto version (hollow straight edge, flat tip).
The new owner likes it but for me the flipping action feels rather portly than solid, the blade is just a bit too heavy for its length.
Some folks may like that though and for less than $30 it’s worth to try.

I would however strongly suggest to right away disassemble the knife to remove titanlium splinters and other dirt.
Especially the grease must go as it just slows down the action.
I’ve added a drop of mineral oil but I assume it runs same well when dry just like my SRM Land 910+.

thijsco19
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 12/14/2012 - 16:18
Posts: 1288
Location: Nearby Rotterdam, the Netherlands

isti242 wrote:

If you mean my copper colored Fura kwaiken

Oh, is this a copper color? FacepalmBig Smile

I saw the green version on gearbest and assumed that this was the green version.

The copper color looks much better.

Sounds like a great knife!

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 521
Location: SAK-land

thijsco19 wrote:
isti242 wrote:

If you mean my copper colored Fura kwaiken

Oh, is this a copper color? FacepalmBig Smile

I saw the green version on gearbest and assumed that this was the green version.

The copper color looks much better.

Sounds like a great knife!


I’d say the green one looks in real life like the copper on thos pictures.
isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1303
Location: EU

thijsco19 wrote:
isti242 wrote:

If you mean my copper colored Fura kwaiken

Oh, is this a copper color? FacepalmBig Smile

I saw the green version on gearbest and assumed that this was the green version.

The copper color looks much better.

Sounds like a great knife!

Here`s another pic which shows the copper color slightly better:

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 521
Location: SAK-land

isti242 wrote:
thijsco19 wrote:
isti242 wrote:

If you mean my copper colored Fura kwaiken

Oh, is this a copper color? FacepalmBig Smile

I saw the green version on gearbest and assumed that this was the green version.

The copper color looks much better.

Sounds like a great knife!

Here`s another pic which shows the copper color slightly better:
!{width:100%}https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XkKrWMFffzg/WiLMkT5ZNJI/AAAAAAAAZ14/DF0gUFmR0...!


I can only say they do a damn fine job with bead blasting and anodizing on these FURAs.
And I’ve played with that stuff a bit, sometimes it’s not easy to get the same color on both of the slabs.

The blade is thick and heavy but the surface treatment is top notch!

Omega_17
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 06/02/2013 - 16:56
Posts: 765
Location: France

The G10 version of the small fixed blade Sanrenmu. Gorgeous in black with orange G10.

And a new bigger Sanrenmu fixed blade.
https://www.gearbest.com/fixed-blades-knives/pp_1610752.html

xatu
xatu's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 03/15/2011 - 07:21
Posts: 1194
Location: Spain. Europe

The kwaiken böker is beautiful, even the color.
By the way, the kwaiken green fura is with tanto tip too but with other colors. It is an interesting knife for its simplicity in design.

My reviews about knives: : http://chinese-knives.blogspot.com/

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1303
Location: EU

I`m afraid the tanto version of that Fura kwaiken will appear in my collection sooner or later. Smile

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 521
Location: SAK-land

I have the opposite problem.
Since I’ve thinned out the blades of my Vespa Neon and the Malyshev Gnome I feel these 2 are all the knives I need, either on job or at home.

How can I tell myself that it’s ok to buy a Hungarian traditional knife for ~$70 and maybe a Zieba Ti clone when I still have a Y-Start Damascus knife and a Sanrenmu dragon scaled one in the this time super slow Gearbest transport?

xatu
xatu's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 03/15/2011 - 07:21
Posts: 1194
Location: Spain. Europe
isti242 wrote:
I`m afraid the tanto version of that Fura kwaiken will appear in my collection sooner or later. Smile

I like the kwaiken furas too, both tips tanto and drop. But i do not know why fura does not put a code on its models.

My reviews about knives: : http://chinese-knives.blogspot.com/

-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 55 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2428
Location: France, Angers

X3 wrote:
zipelgas wrote:
X3, Do you have a link for the little one? It looks so cute

Cute is the right word, I can’t stop fidgetting with it !
I think I was lucky to find it, it’s no longer available on DHGate Shocked
“This was the sale page”:https://www.dhgate.com/product/microtech-utx-70-out-the-front-combat-tac...

Just for the sake of comparison :

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1303
Location: EU

X3 wrote:
X3 wrote:
zipelgas wrote:
X3, Do you have a link for the little one? It looks so cute

Cute is the right word, I can’t stop fidgetting with it !
I think I was lucky to find it, it’s no longer available on DHGate Shocked
“This was the sale page”:https://www.dhgate.com/product/microtech-utx-70-out-the-front-combat-tac...

Just for the sake of comparison :

A very similar Mini Ultratech version appeared on Aliexpress here.
The stock photos are heavily photoshopped so here`s a real one:

-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 55 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2428
Location: France, Angers

I can’t open your link, could you link to the store please ?

EDIT : nevermind, I found it on your blog Smile

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

beam0
beam0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/20/2011 - 23:18
Posts: 3195
Location: Pennsylvania
Lobster wrote:
Andybibbville wrote:
Where is the best place to buy otf double action knifes?

I might be a bit late to the party but I am very happy with all the OTF’s I bought from these 2 sellers:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/2337261.html?spm...

https://www.dhgate.com/store/19730224


Thanks I’ve been looking at allvin store for a while, been considering the Makora II OTF.

Just followed your link and noticed these Ganzo G719 clones with carbon fiber and/or damascus. Very interesting, I have a G719 black G10 and it’s basically a precision work of art.

The Ganzo only have the G10 scale on one side (Button side only) But these have the scales on both sides! So i’m excited a bit about these! Although I wonder if the damascus version is real damascus.

(click on photos for links)

"Over 2000000 hours (about 200 years) standby time"  (DQG Tiny 4th)

"27,157 results for zoomable flashlight" (ebay)

 

 

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 521
Location: SAK-land
beam0 wrote:
Lobster wrote:
Andybibbville wrote:
Where is the best place to buy otf double action knifes?

I might be a bit late to the party but I am very happy with all the OTF’s I bought from these 2 sellers:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/2337261.html?spm...

https://www.dhgate.com/store/19730224


Thanks I’ve been looking at allvin store for a while, been considering the Makora II OTF.

Just followed your link and noticed these Ganzo G719 clones with carbon fiber and/or damascus. Very interesting, I have a G719 black G10 and it’s basically a precision work of art.

The Ganzo only have the G10 scale on one side (Button side only) But these have the scales on both sides! So i’m excited a bit about these! Although I wonder if the damascus version is real damascus.

(click on photos for links)


The “real” G719” seems to be discontinued, I’m wondering why they didnt’ just put the Ganzo logo onto this one as well.
How much is the non-damascus version btw, $50 for that one sounds a bit expensive.
And it is real damascus, that stuff is not that expensive. To get such a pattern it would be more difficult to laser or mask+etch it and the pattern would be the same on every piece.

beam0
beam0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/20/2011 - 23:18
Posts: 3195
Location: Pennsylvania

Adahn wrote:
beam0 wrote:

(click on photos for links)

The “real” G719” seems to be discontinued, I’m wondering why they didnt’ just put the Ganzo logo onto this one as well.
How much is the non-damascus version btw, $50 for that one sounds a bit expensive.
And it is real damascus, that stuff is not that expensive. To get such a pattern it would be more difficult to laser or mask+etch it and the pattern would be the same on every piece.

You can still get the real G719, I’ve seen it at a few sites, here’s one:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/ganzo-g719-440c-pocket-edc-camping-huntin...

The non Damascus CF clone is $24, you can just click on the photos I posted for the links.

.

Maybe it’s real Damascus on those but no offense fake Damascus pattern etch is not more difficult or expensive, and definitly not the same on every piece. It can be found on tons of cheap knives everywhere, many sub $10 knives such asTac-force etc.

.

Here’s some examples.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Dragon-Damascus-Sword-Spring-Assisted-Open-Fo...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Pearl-Spring-Assisted-Opening-Tactical-Poc...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Raven-Assisted-Open-Gold-Cleaver-Razor-Pocket-K...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Master-Laser-Etch-Tanto-Razor-Karambit-Fixed-Bl...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Damascus-Etched-Cleaver-Razor-Blade-Spring-As...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-5-Damascus-Italian-Stiletto-Spring-Assisted-O...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-RARE-GRAY-Spring-Assisted-Open-FOLDING-POCKET...

"Over 2000000 hours (about 200 years) standby time"  (DQG Tiny 4th)

"27,157 results for zoomable flashlight" (ebay)

 

 

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 521
Location: SAK-land

beam0 wrote:
Adahn wrote:
beam0 wrote:

(click on photos for links)

The “real” G719” seems to be discontinued, I’m wondering why they didnt’ just put the Ganzo logo onto this one as well.
How much is the non-damascus version btw, $50 for that one sounds a bit expensive.
And it is real damascus, that stuff is not that expensive. To get such a pattern it would be more difficult to laser or mask+etch it and the pattern would be the same on every piece.

You can still get the real G719, I’ve seen it at a few sites, here’s one:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/ganzo-g719-440c-pocket-edc-camping-huntin...

The non Damascus CF clone is $24, you can just click on the photos I posted for the links.

.

Maybe it’s real Damascus on those but no offense fake Damascus pattern etch is not more difficult or expensive, and definitly not the same on every piece. It can be found on tons of cheap knives everywhere, many sub $10 knives such asTac-force etc.

.

Here’s some examples.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Dragon-Damascus-Sword-Spring-Assisted-Open-Fo...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Pearl-Spring-Assisted-Opening-Tactical-Poc...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Raven-Assisted-Open-Gold-Cleaver-Razor-Pocket-K...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Master-Laser-Etch-Tanto-Razor-Karambit-Fixed-Bl...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Damascus-Etched-Cleaver-Razor-Blade-Spring-As...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-5-Damascus-Italian-Stiletto-Spring-Assisted-O...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-RARE-GRAY-Spring-Assisted-Open-FOLDING-POCKET...


Thank you for the enlightenment Smile

I mean it and no offense taken.

Of course when you knife what you’re looking for you’ll see the difference esp. where the main grind begins at the ricasso or at the blade spine.

$24 sounds ok but when I see the prices of today’s China made knives it’s still a bit expensive, I think I paid $16 for my G719 (and had the intention to turn it into a manual button lock folder but bought a RealSteel Griffin instead). I also strongly believe this is a Ganzo made knife, too, it would be silly to copy the knife when you can just ask th original manufacturer to make another batch with the set machinery (same for the CRKT Swindle copy that appeared and imo must be nightshift production).

The best thing about that CF G719 must be the weight reduction due to the ligher clip side, the original G719 is rather heavy and I always wished they’d have used 2 G10 or CF scales.

Pages