Okay, I’ve been here for only a short while, and I’m still really a newbie, but I’m one of those guys that HAS to comment on just about everything! So, my 1000th post came up a while back, and I knew it was coming quick, but I haven’t got an impressive collection yet, so I’ve been straining to figure out what I could give away! I finally decided just now that I wasn’t going to wait any longer.
So, I’m going to be giving away a couple of CREE MT-G2 Q0 5000K 6V LED on Noctigon that I bought recently from International Outdoor on special sale. They are still available there at the sale price if you’re interested. I bought two each of 16mm and 25mm Noctigon mounted MT-G2 emitters. The 25mm Noctigon also has four individually addressable pads for XQ-E or similar size LED’s. The price is $9.90USD for any of the emitters on Noctigon. They have other options available, which you will see when you check it out for yourself!
I was inspired by AlexGT’s GAW, now in progress, but I wanted to do something a little different than his. So, here are the rules of my GAW:
Post only once. Edit: I’ve had a change of heart. Since AlexGT’s GAW thread is so much fun, and it is, after all, the inspiration for this GAW, I’m lifting the restriction on posting more than once. You may post multiple times. Only your first post will count toward the GAW. I’ll have to figure out a fair way to decide the second winner, though. Any ideas?
2) In AlexGT’s GAW, he instructed everyone to ban the previous poster. In my GAW, I’m instructing you to give me the GAW! Random.org will be used to pick a winner. But, the post previous to the winning post will also be a winner!
3) The random.org winner will get their choice of two of my MT-G2’s. Like I said, the emitters are the same, but there are two 16mm and two 25mm Noctigons, which you may mix-and-match however you please, and I will mail them to you. The other winner will then get their choice of one of the remaining emitters. If the random.org winner decides they want two of the same (both 16mm or both 25mm), the other winner obviously won’t really get a choice. They will get what I have remaining.
4) You may at your option either tell me in your post which emitters you’d like, or tell me after you’ve won. I just need to know the first winner’s choice soon, so that the second winner can make their choice as well.
5) Both winners will be notified in this thread and will need to let me know their mailing info shortly after the drawing is completed. I hate specifying exact timelines, because I know things happen in real life sometimes. But, just try to be quick about it, would you?
6) The GAW is open to everyone who was a member of BLF as of April 19, 2015 (yesterday). International members: I may have to work out a substitute prize if shipping to you would be too costly. For instance, if it would be cheaper for me to just buy two more emitters from International Outdoor and have them sent to you, I may opt to do that. If I go that route, there are more options there than what I have on hand. If it’s just gonna be expensive no matter what, I may just give you a cash prize through PayPal (Another AlexGT idea!) Or, if you have better ideas, I will consider those as well. I want to be fair, but not go broke trying to send an LED to someone!
7) The official close of this GAW will be May 1, 2015. I will pick the winners that day, sometime. If your post is there when I type the numbers into random.org, you will be counted. I have a favor to ask, though. I’m going on vacation this weekend (actually, Friday through Tuesday), so my mind will be elsewhere for a while. If you don’t see the winners posted by noon Eastern Standard Time on May 1st, somebody send me a PM and remind me, because I might’ve forgotten about it!
Edit: Sorry, I should have remembered to reserve the first post! I did warn you that I’m still a newbie! Well, cfy7, since you were so brave to take the first post challenge, if you win the drawing, you’ll get MT-G2’s, and if post #2 wins, you’ll get MT-G2’s. An extra one either way! Thanks for playing!
I could be wrong, or half wrong but Im unlikely to be completely right.
One of my rules of life: “A closed mouth gathers no foot.