Review request for HKJ [Rechargeable Batteries]

764 posts / 0 new
Last post
cajampa
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 08/01/2014 - 01:55
Posts: 1963
Location: Sweden

I don’t think it is the same cell, to much is different.

Old 30A/60A cell
46g
18mm
New 60A cell
50g
18.3mm

Plus the + pole looks very different.

DSC_8543

But who knows maybe they just have an extra layer of rewraps, that could account for the extra width & weight.

bwl123
bwl123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 19 hours ago
Joined: 08/22/2010 - 11:26
Posts: 249

Please test the Vapex AA 2500mAh low self-discharge Rechargeable batteries

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-AA-2500mAh-low-self-discharge-Rechargeable-...

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7022
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

bwl123 wrote:
Please test the Vapex AA 2500mAh low self-discharge Rechargeable batteries http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-AA-2500mAh-low-self-discharge-Rechargeable-...

On order

I do only have a few NiMH in queue, but I do not know when I will test them (The test station is used for chargers at the moment).

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

Wrathbringer27
Wrathbringer27's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 03/02/2015 - 09:00
Posts: 2068
Location: Singapore GMT +8

Words can be broken,
so can bones.

freeme
freeme's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 8061

Efest IMR 3000mAh.

©freemex1thedeals.com

TheBo
TheBo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 14:52
Posts: 612
Location: OBLIVION, ITALY

I think… That all the 3Ah rated IMR batteries we are gonna see from now on should behave very similar to the 30Q

anyway…i do not know if HKJ has the necessary stuff to test 200/400A peak currents but it is now few months I’m intrigued by this

http://www.banggood.com/it/BlitzWolf-K3-400A-Jump-Starter-Multi-Function...USB-Power-Bank-p-981964.html

Rufusbduck wrote:
Getting discouraged is normal but doesn't finish the job.
L4M4
L4M4's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago
Joined: 12/08/2013 - 13:43
Posts: 1314
Location: Germany

Hi!

If possible, could you review one of these: http://www.banggood.com/9V-800mah-USB-Lithium-Rechargeable-Battery-p-986563.html ?

I think it’s an interesting concept and 800mAh wouldn’t be too shabby for a 9v battery.

cajampa
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 08/01/2014 - 01:55
Posts: 1963
Location: Sweden

L4M4 wrote:
Hi!

If possible, could you review one of these: http://www.banggood.com/9V-800mah-USB-Lithium-Rechargeable-Battery-p-986563.html ?

I think it’s an interesting concept and 800mAh wouldn’t be too shabby for a 9v battery.

According to the reviews on the item @ banggood, you get about 300mha to 400mha depending on how low volt your 9v equipment works at. Not bad but it is not 800mha.

OscarM
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 11/16/2012 - 14:20
Posts: 1002
Location: Sweden

I ordered that battery a couple of days ago. I forget to turn off my dmm sometimes, draining batteries in vain. so I hope this battery will work in my dmm.

I’m still curious about red trustfire imr-batteries also.

TheBo
TheBo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 14:52
Posts: 612
Location: OBLIVION, ITALY

Just seen you already have tested the 10180 battery for DQG SPY/HOBI

I’m curious because with my charger @50mA charging current , but also with the specific DQG charger for micro usb, i never pass the capacity is ridiculously low… And I mean ridiculously

Tested the blue and the white version… Both are pathetic in the same way.

Rufusbduck wrote:
Getting discouraged is normal but doesn't finish the job.
HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7022
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

L4M4 wrote:
Hi! If possible, could you review one of these: http://www.banggood.com/9V-800mah-USB-Lithium-Rechargeable-Battery-p-986... ? I think it's an interesting concept and 800mAh wouldn't be too shabby for a 9v battery.

I am thinking about added 9V batteries to my testing.

OscarM wrote:
I'm still curious about red trustfire imr-batteries also.

I have tested them, they are in the "ready to publish" queue, but I do not know when I will publish them.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

cajampa
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 08/01/2014 - 01:55
Posts: 1963
Location: Sweden

Some update and more info about the brown Aosibo 2600mha 60A cell from Mooch

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/aosibo-brown-60a-2600mah...

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/aosibo-brown-60a-2600mah...

Thanks to light-wolff Smile for posting the link about the Aosibo in another thread, i don’t check out vaping forums for cell info frequently.

And you guys should read Mooch’s review on the Brillipower 40A 3100mAh 18650

Another rewrapper who fake specs & even make a fool of themselves by questioning the result while showing big holes in basic understand about how cells work…….scary stuff.

I am glad i am not a vaper because it seem it is the wild west out there in rewrapper land & most seem to target the vapers with inflated max amp ratings.

texas shooter
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 08/26/2012 - 02:14
Posts: 1346
Location: Texas

I’d like to see these batteries tested King Kong 26700 5000mah http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_10...
They’ve become my favorites for lights that take the length. Getting good run times and great amp reading as opposed to other 26650’s.

cajampa
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 08/01/2014 - 01:55
Posts: 1963
Location: Sweden

Please test the Kinoko high drain IMR10440 400mha cell Smile

According to vinh they “seem about equivalent with my testing” to the Efest IMR10440.
But who knows Smile maybe they are of updated chemistry, it was years since Efest released the IMR10440. And a lot has happened in performance in all the other sizes.

At least this means another producer of IMR10440 cells and that hopefully means more availability of good IMR10440 cells.

Maybe they are the same as vinh says, and Efest had some form of a few years exclusivity agreement on the IMR10440 cells, from whatever factory makes all these various Chinese made lithium cells that shows up with the same base cell at the various rewrappers.

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 17 hours ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 7455
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

I would request these batteries to be reviewed, high capacity at a good price (and sanyo)
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1905300

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

Cidroudy
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 01/01/2016 - 20:00
Posts: 1
Location: Morrilton, AR

Wolfdog1226 - The easiest way to locate an overseas seller is on ebay - and select a filter that is not in USA, then search for your item, and look for seller's location, find someone in Europe for these items. Also - these are high drain batteries, really not suitable for flashlight, more for vaping.  

 

-LG HG2 IMR 18650 3000 mAh20A    Ebay Link Here

 

 

-AWT IMR 18650 3000 mAh 35A       Germany Ebay ( comes from US) but still good price w/ free shipping

 

- Samsung IMR 30Q 18650 3000mAh 15A Note INR ??    Same shipping as above  

 

Cid & Roudy

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7022
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Cidroudy wrote:

Wolfdog1226 - The easiest way to locate an overseas seller is on ebay - and select a filter that is not in USA, then search for your item, and look for seller's location, find someone in Europe for these items. Also - these are high drain batteries, really not suitable for flashlight, more for vaping.  

 

-LG HG2 IMR 18650 3000 mAh20A    Ebay Link Here

-AWT IMR 18650 3000 mAh 35A       Germany Ebay ( comes from US) but still good price w/ free shipping

 - Samsung IMR 30Q 18650 3000mAh 15A Note INR ??    Same shipping as above 

I have tested the AWT cell and the other I have ordered from other places, the shipping from your links are about the same as the batteries.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

angerdan
angerdan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2015 - 10:07
Posts: 433

I would love to see a review from you for the new Fenix ARBL18 (High-Capacity 18650 Battery – 3500mAh) and the Fenix ARB-L14-800 14500 Battery.

I guess you do have a big queue for 2016 already (and maybe 2017…?).

light-wolff
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/26/2013 - 16:16
Posts: 219
Location: Germany

angerdan wrote:
Fenix ARBL18 (High-Capacity 18650 Battery – 3500mAh) ….

Wondering about the claimed “PTC cathodal block protection”. The “3500mAh” cells I know (NCR GA, SDI 35E, LG MJ1) all have no integrated PTC. Does Fenix add a PTC at the cathode (the PCB is at the anode)? Or is it neither of these 3 cells? Looks like someone should do a teardown.
HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7022
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

angerdan wrote:
I would love to see a review from you for the new "Fenix ARBL18":http://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-arbl18-high-capacity-18650-battery-3500... (High-Capacity 18650 Battery - 3500mAh) and the "Fenix ARB-L14-800":http://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-arb-l14-800-14500-battery/ 14500 Battery.

I will consider them.

angerdan wrote:
I guess you do have a big queue for 2016 already (and maybe 2017...?).

Not really.

I have a few left from last year, then I have all the new high capacity cells and last I have a large pile of Efest cells.

I do also have a couple of tested cells that is not published yet.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

L4M4
L4M4's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago
Joined: 12/08/2013 - 13:43
Posts: 1314
Location: Germany

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/10X-Pcs-18650-battery-3-7V-6800m...

I think, Panasonic, Sanyo and all the others are cheating on us.
They sell theire 3400mAh batteries for 8-10$ – but Ultrafire sells 9900mAh ones for ony a little over 1$ per cell.

TheBo
TheBo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 14:52
Posts: 612
Location: OBLIVION, ITALY

HKJ any chance you could do some review of a new product that i think will be more and more a mass product like lipo jump starter powerbanks?
anyway I think your lab it’s more precision oriented and maybe could be a bit difficult to test such amount of currents,…. or?

Rufusbduck wrote:
Getting discouraged is normal but doesn't finish the job.
HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7022
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

L4M4 wrote:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/10X-Pcs-18650-battery-3-7V-6800m... I think, Panasonic, Sanyo and all the others are cheating on us. They sell theire 3400mAh batteries for 8-10$ - but Ultrafire sells 9900mAh ones for ony a little over 1$ per cell.

I have ordered some, but we all know that it is shitty cells. I wonder if the real capacity is below 1000mAh or do they have 1500mAh?

They may also be used cells. I may open a few if the weather is good (It is an outdoor job).

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7022
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

TheBo wrote:
HKJ any chance you could do some review of a new product that i think will be more and more a mass product like lipo jump starter powerbanks? anyway I think your lab it's more precision oriented and maybe could be a bit difficult to test such amount of currents,.... or?

At the current time no, I either need a electronic load or some resistors that can handle 200A for 5 seconds (I believe that would be a fair test).

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

TheBo
TheBo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 14:52
Posts: 612
Location: OBLIVION, ITALY

ok thanks, i thought so. well i was more of thinking of a real car startup when i imagined the test, something with clamp and meter logging data to a pc…. that was my fantasy scenario… Silly

Rufusbduck wrote:
Getting discouraged is normal but doesn't finish the job.
HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7022
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

TheBo wrote:
ok thanks, i thought so. well i was more of thinking of a real car startup when i imagined the test, something with clamp and meter logging data to a pc.... that was my fantasy scenario... :p

A real car would not be nearly as useful as a lab test. The problem with a car is that it will not be the same each time. When I test in the lab there is very little variation, making it much easier to compare the results for different products.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

TheBo
TheBo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 14:52
Posts: 612
Location: OBLIVION, ITALY

HKJ wrote:

TheBo wrote:
ok thanks, i thought so. well i was more of thinking of a real car startup when i imagined the test, something with clamp and meter logging data to a pc…. that was my fantasy scenario… Silly

A real car would not be nearly as useful as a lab test. The problem with a car is that it will not be the same each time. When I test in the lab there is very little variation, making it much easier to compare the results for different products.

that’s sure. If you make a test you have to make it properly or don’t make it at all. That’s the way of engineering of course.
Thanks bytheway for everything also for always kindly reply to every question or request!

Rufusbduck wrote:
Getting discouraged is normal but doesn't finish the job.
Herb Tarlek
Herb Tarlek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/19/2015 - 19:42
Posts: 126
Location: Wisconsin

cajampa wrote:
DQG 320mAh 3.7V 10440“http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_187025.html I think these are new. I can’t find any tests or reviews of these anywhere. I always look for that 10440 that will beat the Efest IMR10440 Wink

Bumping to quote from a few months ago, but with the rerelease of the BLF-348 (and potential third batch depending on demand) some more 10440 reviews would be nice, especially the quoted DQG since it’s also sold by Gearbest.

I want a cool white light about as much as I want Cool Ranch Soda.

 

"Gerecht pointed his light. Like us, he was carrying an eyeball-melting flashlight that carried for a long ways. Monster Hunters wanted all the lumens." --Larry Correia, Monster Hunter: Siege

1dash1
1dash1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 6 days ago
Joined: 08/29/2015 - 22:02
Posts: 1576
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

HKJ,

When do you think you’ll get around to testing the Samsung 30Q’s?

It seems to be one of the most popular high-drain batteries being purchased currently. (Pun intended Wink )

Rule 1-1 as it applies to life, take it as it comes.

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7022
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Herb Tarlek wrote:
cajampa wrote:
DQG 320mAh 3.7V 10440“http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_187025.html I think these are new. I can’t find any tests or reviews of these anywhere. I always look for that 10440 that will beat the Efest IMR10440 Wink
Bumping to quote from a few months ago, but with the rerelease of the BLF-348 (and potential third batch depending on demand) some more 10440 reviews would be nice, especially the quoted DQG since it’s also sold by Gearbest.

I have ordered them, now the question is how the shipping works.

1dash1 wrote:
HKJ,

When do you think you’ll get around to testing the Samsung 30Q’s?

It seems to be one of the most popular high-drain batteries being purchased currently. (Pun intended Wink )

I have had some problems with my test stations, but I hope that is fixed now. This means I just have a few cells I need to do before I can get to the new cells, including 30Q

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

Pages