Everything started while I was first reading this interesting GB (and FL-mod) topic. As a newbie in flashlights I am (I started reading just a couple of days ago), plus not speaking english as native language, I couldn't understand which part called "a-b-c" corresponds to "x-y-z" picture. I had to google for every part name I was reading in order to see it's picture and understand. That's why I decided to find a picture of a flashlight, showing most of it's inner parts and simply add their names (terms) in the picture. Then I've realized that the flashlight in the topic (Brilyte B158) has some parts that are different from other flashlights. The main difference in the modding procedure is the pill and the driver. So I've added some more pics, showing a couple of pill & driver variations.
- FL pic with main parts (2015-12-06 edit: djozz's pic)
- 2015-12-05 edit: FL's section (CRX's pic @ post#7)
- Convoy S6 pill - driver with threaded retaining ring (easy to assemble-disassemble for modding - beam0's pic)
- Brinyte B158 pill (bottom-side view) "exploded" - driver with "press fit" retaining ring (not so easy to assemble-disassemble - KKW's pic)
- B158 pill with red LED (upper side view - mhanlen's video screenshot)
- B158 pill - plastic spacer-retainer (mhanlen's video screenshot)
- B158 pill - MCPCB (also called star or board) with red LED emitter (upper side view - mhanlen's video screenshot)
- B158 pill (bottom view) with "press fit" ring + soldered driver with bridged spring (mhanlen's video screenshot)
- Driver (BLF A6 A17DD-L FET+1 2.8-4.35v 7/4 Modes Flashlight Driver) with spring not "bridged"
- Driver (FET + 7135 Driver - 17mm - MTN-17DDm with "bridged" spring)
- MCPCB (star/board) with LED on it (CREE XP-G2 S4 2B LED on Noctigon 16mm MCPCB)
- empty pill for modding (Brinyte B158 Flashlight Pill Lamp Holder)
That's all -for the moment- folks.
I hope this topic will be usefull to flashlight ignorant newbies like me!
Not a flashaholic... I hope!
BLF, the home of light!