USB power meter/tester thread - YZXStudio, Power-Z, RDTech and more.

314 posts / 0 new
Last post
dodge_911
dodge_911's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/18/2016 - 15:07
Posts: 219
Location: DodgeReviews HQ

ohbreeeezy wrote:
Anybody got these? !{width:25%}https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1pjbpfBsmBKNjSZFsq6yXSVXaH.jpg!

I got these in for a video, they are clones of one the RuiDeng UPM's.

:: YouTube ::
http://bit.ly/dodgereviewsyt
:: Discord ::
http://discord.gg/fqJEDyy
:: Join the Discord ::
we need more BLF'ers!
ohbreeeezy
ohbreeeezy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 09/26/2017 - 16:07
Posts: 163
Location: California

dodge_911 wrote:

ohbreeeezy wrote:
Anybody got these?

I got these in for a video, they are clones of one the RuiDeng UPM’s.


Link?

Also in your option are they good clone?

dodge_911
dodge_911's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/18/2016 - 15:07
Posts: 219
Location: DodgeReviews HQ

Just did a quick comparison, and they seem to be clones of the UM24(C).

Haven't recorded the video yet, as RuiDeng was nice enough to send me their UM25C and UM34C first, and I don't want to make the same video multiple times in a row.

They're in the queue, and will probably get filmed somewhere next week, after that, some time for editing, so mid September or so I guess...

:: YouTube ::
http://bit.ly/dodgereviewsyt
:: Discord ::
http://discord.gg/fqJEDyy
:: Join the Discord ::
we need more BLF'ers!
EDCba
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 01:10
Posts: 168

Hi guys, looking to upgrade/complement my Portpilot. In particular, I’m looking for something that can spoof/code the output protocol (DCP, Apple 2A etc.) My Portpilot can, but only the older protocols and it needs a PC to do it. I think the ZY1270 has an output USB port that chooses the code automatically? And the RD Tech USB 3.0 can disconnect the data pins or spoof Apple 2.4A?

Are there any meters with more comprehensive spoofing capabilities? I think the ZY1276 can activate protocols that the supply already supports, if I’m reading it correctly. Oh and I’d prefer one that also tests the supply for each protocol individually like the ZY1276, instead of giving 1 or 2 protocols only. Thanks

EDCba
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 01:10
Posts: 168

Also, lots of power supplies will auto select the protocol now (eg Anker). I want to see what protocol it chooses, but won’t the meter affect the protocol selection? I mean normally the supply only sees the phone and negotiates with it. With the supply-meter-phone the supply is negotiating with the meter instead. Is there any way to get around this?

There aren’t any that test Apple Lightning cables, right? Haha

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 1460
Location: Manila, Philippines

EDCba wrote:
Hi guys, looking to upgrade/complement my Portpilot. In particular, I’m looking for something that can spoof/code the output protocol (DCP, Apple 2A etc.) My Portpilot can, but only the older protocols and it needs a PC to do it. I think the ZY1270 has an output USB port that chooses the code automatically? And the RD Tech USB 3.0 can disconnect the data pins or spoof Apple 2.4A?

Are there any meters with more comprehensive spoofing capabilities? I think the ZY1276 can activate protocols that the supply already supports, if I’m reading it correctly. Oh and I’d prefer one that also tests the supply for each protocol individually like the ZY1276, instead of giving 1 or 2 protocols only. Thanks

Hmm. I’m not familiar with PortPilot..

But RD Tech USB 3.0 ‘comprehensive’ tester (that’s what the model is called in the RD Tech AliExpress store) does ‘spoof’ the protocols (in settings).
Another USB meter that does this is what’s called the ‘white-tail’ USB meter, an example of this is the Mantistek ‘white tail’:
https://www.banggood.com/MantisTek-White-Tail-USB-Doctor-Voltage-Current-Detector-Power-Tester-p-1017785.html
As you mentioned, the ZY1270 also has that feature.

However, I’m not sure if one can force one specific protocol to emulate though…

For protocol detection, the new meters also seem to have that feature (not just display 1 or 2 protocols supported, but testing the protcols — note this is not completely foolproof though). The ZL1100 USB load tester also has similar as the ZY1276. The Power-Z meters (KM001, KT001, FL001) also appear to have that protocol detection feature. The RD UM meters only displays the current protocol being negotiated (the UM25/UM34/AT34).

EDCba
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 01:10
Posts: 168

Thanks! The Portpilot was an Indiegogo project about 5 years ago. The only such device at the time, when there was still much confusion and incompatibility.

What happens to the output on the ZY1276 if you choose from the list that says
Auto detect
QC2.0
QC3.0
Huawei FCP

Apple 2.4A?

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 1460
Location: Manila, Philippines

EDCba wrote:
Thanks! The Portpilot was an Indiegogo project about 5 years ago. The only such device at the time, when there was still much confusion and incompatibility.

What happens to the output on the ZY1276 if you choose from the list that says
Auto detect
QC2.0
QC3.0
Huawei FCP

Apple 2.4A?

Tested my ZY1276 for the above options….

- “Auto-detect” will try to detect (request) and list the protocols supported by the charger/powerbank

- “QC2.0” (assuming the charger supports QC2) will list the QC2 voltages 5/9/12/20v and allow you to select that output voltage (only for the voltages that the charger supports)

- “QC3.0” (assuming the charger supports QC3) will list the QC3 voltages 5/9/12/20v and allow you to increase/decrease the output voltage by 0.2v each time (again depends on what voltages are supported by the charger)

- “Huawei FCP” – when I tested this on a charger that lists this protocol, it selects 9v output

- “Apple 2.4A” – I tried selecting ths, but I’m not sure what happened, the screen just refreshed, and I’m not sure if it set to the Apple 2.4A mode or did anything.. (the charger I tried supports Apple 2.4A protocol by default)

EDCba
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 01:10
Posts: 168

Thank you! Looks like there isn’t a single meter that meets all my needs. I might have to buy a couple, and maybe a few more PortaPow adapters.

EDCba
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 01:10
Posts: 168

d_t_a wrote:
EDCba wrote:
Hi guys, looking to upgrade/complement my Portpilot. In particular, I’m looking for something that can spoof/code the output protocol (DCP, Apple 2A etc.) My Portpilot can, but only the older protocols and it needs a PC to do it. I think the ZY1270 has an output USB port that chooses the code automatically? And the RD Tech USB 3.0 can disconnect the data pins or spoof Apple 2.4A?

Are there any meters with more comprehensive spoofing capabilities? I think the ZY1276 can activate protocols that the supply already supports, if I’m reading it correctly. Oh and I’d prefer one that also tests the supply for each protocol individually like the ZY1276, instead of giving 1 or 2 protocols only. Thanks

Hmm. I’m not familiar with PortPilot..

But RD Tech USB 3.0 ‘comprehensive’ tester (that’s what the model is called in the RD Tech AliExpress store) does ‘spoof’ the protocols (in settings).
Another USB meter that does this is what’s called the ‘white-tail’ USB meter, an example of this is the Mantistek ‘white tail’:
https://www.banggood.com/MantisTek-White-Tail-USB-Doctor-Voltage-Current-Detector-Power-Tester-p-1017785.html
As you mentioned, the ZY1270 also has that feature.

However, I’m not sure if one can force one specific protocol to emulate though…

For protocol detection, the new meters also seem to have that feature (not just display 1 or 2 protocols supported, but testing the protcols — note this is not completely foolproof though). The ZL1100 USB load tester also has similar as the ZY1276. The Power-Z meters (KM001, KT001, FL001) also appear to have that protocol detection feature. The RD UM meters only displays the current protocol being negotiated (the UM25/UM34/AT34).

I noticed there are actually 5 different models that look alike and “comprehensive” is the most advanced one:

  1. USB 2.0 3 bit
  2. USB 3.0 4 bit
  3. USB 3.0 4 bit-H
  4. USB 3.0 protector
  5. USB 3.0 comprehensive

And only the two 4 bits and comprehensive models can spoof the output. They call it “charge mode”. They seem to suggest it’s handled by a chip, which will choose the best protocol. A few sellers are selling this under different names but it looks like RD is the original manufacturer? I was about to buy this, then I realized it doesn’t identify the source protocol!

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 1460
Location: Manila, Philippines

The RD Tech USB 3.0 comprehensive tester is reviewed by HKJ here (yes, it’s the ‘comprehensive’ tester model):

https://lygte-info.dk/review/USBmeter%20RD%20Tech%20USB%203.0%20tester%2...

Note that while it does not identify source protocol (the meter does not even show the voltages of the D+/D- lines), however it will convert output to one that’s DCP5v/1.5A / Apple 5v/2.4A / Samsung 5v/2.0A protocols. If the source protocol previously supported QC2/QC3, then the output will NOT have those protocols when the meter is set to battery mode..

EDCba
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 01:10
Posts: 168

d_t_a wrote:
The RD Tech USB 3.0 comprehensive tester is reviewed by HKJ here (yes, it’s the ‘comprehensive’ tester model):

https://lygte-info.dk/review/USBmeter%20RD%20Tech%20USB%203.0%20tester%2...

Note that while it does not identify source protocol (the meter does not even show the voltages of the D+/D- lines), however it will convert output to one that’s DCP5v/1.5A / Apple 5v/2.4A / Samsung 5v/2.0A protocols. If the source protocol previously supported QC2/QC3, then the output will NOT have those protocols when the meter is set to battery mode..

!https://i.imgur.com/DtiC4fN.jpg!

Thank you, yes, I’m about to buy this one, mainly for the graphing capabilities. There are 3 functions I’m looking for, and no small meter has them all (I think the ZY1276 does):

  1. Protocol identification – RD’s AT34 (it’s like the comprehensive one, but with a color screen), Atorch 12 in 1, a couple of the 3 or 4 line OLED display ones, and the big screen ones like the UM24/ZY1xxx. Some only give D+/D- voltages instead of identifying the protocol, but I think it’s supposed to be good enough since the protocol changes anyway.
  2. Protocol emulation – a few of RD’s smaller ones in the table I posted above. The AT34 doesn’t. ZY1270, and I think the ZY1276 does a few protocols.
  3. Graphing – the comprehensive one you posted is the only small meter that does this.

I actually just bought this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32841175321.html
It’s got high precision, D+/D- readings, protocol emulation, only thing I need is the graphing capability.
I’m hesitant to buy the big ones now because I just noticed they’re all exposed. Isn’t it an electrical hazard to have live voltages all over the place, especially when they go up to 30 V?

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 1460
Location: Manila, Philippines

EDCba wrote:
d_t_a wrote:
The RD Tech USB 3.0 comprehensive tester is reviewed by HKJ here (yes, it’s the ‘comprehensive’ tester model):

https://lygte-info.dk/review/USBmeter%20RD%20Tech%20USB%203.0%20tester%2...

Note that while it does not identify source protocol (the meter does not even show the voltages of the D+/D- lines), however it will convert output to one that’s DCP5v/1.5A / Apple 5v/2.4A / Samsung 5v/2.0A protocols. If the source protocol previously supported QC2/QC3, then the output will NOT have those protocols when the meter is set to battery mode..

!https://i.imgur.com/DtiC4fN.jpg!

Thank you, yes, I’m about to buy this one, mainly for the graphing capabilities. There are 3 functions I’m looking for, and no small meter has them all (I think the ZY1276 does):

  1. Protocol identification – RD’s AT34 (it’s like the comprehensive one, but with a color screen), Atorch 12 in 1, a couple of the 3 or 4 line OLED display ones, and the big screen ones like the UM24/ZY1xxx. Some only give D+/D- voltages instead of identifying the protocol, but I think it’s supposed to be good enough since the protocol changes anyway.
  2. Protocol emulation – a few of RD’s smaller ones in the table I posted above. The AT34 doesn’t. ZY1270, and I think the ZY1276 does a few protocols.
  3. Graphing – the comprehensive one you posted is the only small meter that does this.

I actually just bought this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32841175321.html
It’s got high precision, D+/D- readings, protocol emulation, only thing I need is the graphing capability.
I’m hesitant to buy the big ones now because I just noticed they’re all exposed. Isn’t it an electrical hazard to have live voltages all over the place, especially when they go up to 30 V?

Small USB meter that does graphing, maybe the ZY1275, which is supposed to have all or most of the features of the ZY1276, and it’s in a small form factor like a flash drive (similar likely to the RD USB 3.0 meter in size or just a bit wider). Actually haven’t seen a review of the ZY1275 nor reviews of it. It seems to not be that popular??

Or the Power-Z KM001 is also small in size, and has graphing capabilities.

Dodge did a quick review of the KM001 here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMlySYTHbyk

I think the KM001’s protocol identification isn’t as good as the ZY1276’s.
KM-001 also has the QC2/3/FCP/etc protocol trigger (but not spoofing – doesn’t convert if the power adapter doesn’t have that protocol in the first place)

The KT001 (Avhzy CT-002) and others may also have similar features, but are a bigger form factor like the UM-series or the ZY1276 in size.

EDCba
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 01:10
Posts: 168

d_t_a wrote:
EDCba wrote:
d_t_a wrote:
The RD Tech USB 3.0 comprehensive tester is reviewed by HKJ here (yes, it’s the ‘comprehensive’ tester model):

https://lygte-info.dk/review/USBmeter%20RD%20Tech%20USB%203.0%20tester%2...

Note that while it does not identify source protocol (the meter does not even show the voltages of the D+/D- lines), however it will convert output to one that’s DCP5v/1.5A / Apple 5v/2.4A / Samsung 5v/2.0A protocols. If the source protocol previously supported QC2/QC3, then the output will NOT have those protocols when the meter is set to battery mode..

!https://i.imgur.com/DtiC4fN.jpg!

Thank you, yes, I’m about to buy this one, mainly for the graphing capabilities. There are 3 functions I’m looking for, and no small meter has them all (I think the ZY1276 does):

  1. Protocol identification – RD’s AT34 (it’s like the comprehensive one, but with a color screen), Atorch 12 in 1, a couple of the 3 or 4 line OLED display ones, and the big screen ones like the UM24/ZY1xxx. Some only give D+/D- voltages instead of identifying the protocol, but I think it’s supposed to be good enough since the protocol changes anyway.
  2. Protocol emulation – a few of RD’s smaller ones in the table I posted above. The AT34 doesn’t. ZY1270, and I think the ZY1276 does a few protocols.
  3. Graphing – the comprehensive one you posted is the only small meter that does this.

I actually just bought this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32841175321.html
It’s got high precision, D+/D- readings, protocol emulation, only thing I need is the graphing capability.
I’m hesitant to buy the big ones now because I just noticed they’re all exposed. Isn’t it an electrical hazard to have live voltages all over the place, especially when they go up to 30 V?

Small USB meter that does graphing, maybe the ZY1275, which is supposed to have all or most of the features of the ZY1276, and it’s in a small form factor like a flash drive (similar likely to the RD USB 3.0 meter in size or just a bit wider). Actually haven’t seen a review of the ZY1275 nor reviews of it. It seems to not be that popular??

Or the Power-Z KM001 is also small in size, and has graphing capabilities.

Dodge did a quick review of the KM001 here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMlySYTHbyk

I think the KM001’s protocol identification isn’t as good as the ZY1276’s.
KM-001 also has the QC2/3/FCP/etc protocol trigger (but not spoofing – doesn’t convert if the power adapter doesn’t have that protocol in the first place)

The KT001 (Avhzy CT-002) and others may also have similar features, but are a bigger form factor like the UM-series or the ZY1276 in size.

Yeah I think the ZY1275 is still new. But I haven’t seen any videos/reviews showing it can do what the ZY1276 can, so I’m not sure about it.
The main advantage of the KM001 I can see, and I haven’t seen any other meter with this, is its very high sampling frequency. They even call it a micro oscilloscope. But there aren’t any instructions for it and it’s hard to use.

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 1460
Location: Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Yeah I think the ZY1275 is still new. But I haven’t seen any videos/reviews showing it can do what the ZY1276 can, so I’m not sure about it. The main advantage of the KM001 I can see, and I haven’t seen any other meter with this, is its very high sampling frequency. They even call it a micro oscilloscope. But there aren’t any instructions for it and it’s hard to use.

I wonder if the ZY1275 has still been continued…

KM001 is a bit quirky to use, but the graphing is nice, mainly because it is configurable within the settings (1fps, 10fps, 50fps, 100fps).

The ZY1276 graphing screen is actually also configurable, BUT and it’s a big BUT you need to unplug the meter, go to Extended Settings mode (plug the ZY1276 to power source while holding down the button to get to the Extended Settings), then set the graphing rate. Then push the button to exit Extended Settings mode, then the graphing rate will be the one you set. Now if you want to change the graphing speed again, re-do the above procedure (unplug, hold down button, replug), which is very inconvenient when I just want to adjust graphing sample display rate. I hope a new firmware update will incorporate the feature to change the graphing speed within the graphing options screen, and not have to go thru “Extended Settings” mode.

angerdan
angerdan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2015 - 10:07
Posts: 429

Can anyone give me a quick summary which models from RD and other manufacturers can be used whith an Android/Windows App ?

hrbngr
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/24/2018 - 16:21
Posts: 21
Location: NoVA

Dodge,

Per angerdan reply, I would love to know how you are currently ranking/recommending these USB testers, load testers, etc.

On the high end, I was looking at the AVZzY CT-2 (KT001) tester on Amazon $77 & YZXStudio ZY1280 $ 51 from fasttech.com

On the low end there is the MakerHawk(?Rui Deng clone?) UM34C $29 and UM25C also $29 on Amazon

I also wanted to buy a USB load tester like the one you used in the UM34c video, and there was a MakerHawk USB Load Tester 150W 200V for about $38. Can’t seem to find many other more powerful load tester reviews, though I read up on a few at Lygte-Info.dk.

My usage is primarily moving to QC 3.0 and Power Delivery wall chargers, and testing them to make sure they work correctly w/my various Android/iPhones/iPADS, etc.

Here is the comment from your KT001 video w/the comparisons between the testers from one of the comments.
Zy1276 pros;
- more accurate data (according to a taobao shop)
- faster data update rate
- Bluetooth (pc software is a little bit disappointing)
- frequent fw update (Upgrading fw needs programmer)
- cheaper than kt001
Zy1276 cons:
- can’t powered externally (only works with input voltage higher than 3.5v)
- upgrading fw needs stlink programmer

Kt001 pros:
- external power over microusb (this enables measuring rom 0v to maximum voltage it can tolerate)
- datalogging
- firmware upgradable over usb
- better pc software
Kt001 cons:
- less accurate
- more expensive
- firmware updates are less frequent

I was curious if you have determined if these pros/cons are still accurate after more time w/the KT001/1276(1280similar) since u first tested them?

dodge_911
dodge_911's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/18/2016 - 15:07
Posts: 219
Location: DodgeReviews HQ

hrbngr wrote:
Dodge, Per angerdan reply, I would love to know how you are currently ranking/recommending these USB testers, load testers, etc. On the high end, I was looking at the AVZzY CT-2 (KT001) tester on Amazon @ $77 & YZXStudio ZY1280 @ $ 51 from fasttech.com On the low end there is the MakerHawk(?Rui Deng clone?) UM34C $29 and UM25C also $29 on Amazon I also wanted to buy a USB load tester like the one you used in the UM34c video, and there was a MakerHawk USB Load Tester 150W 200V for about $38. Can't seem to find many other more powerful load tester reviews, though I read up on a few at Lygte-Info.dk. My usage is primarily moving to QC 3.0 and Power Delivery wall chargers, and testing them to make sure they work correctly w/my various Android/iPhones/iPADS, etc. Here is the comment from your KT001 video w/the comparisons between the testers from one of the comments. Zy1276 pros; - more accurate data (according to a taobao shop) - faster data update rate - Bluetooth (pc software is a little bit disappointing) - frequent fw update (Upgrading fw needs programmer) - cheaper than kt001 Zy1276 cons: - can't powered externally (only works with input voltage higher than 3.5v) - upgrading fw needs stlink programmer Kt001 pros: - external power over microusb (this enables measuring rom 0v to maximum voltage it can tolerate) - datalogging - firmware upgradable over usb - better pc software Kt001 cons: - less accurate - more expensive - firmware updates are less frequent I was curious if you have determined if these pros/cons are still accurate after more time w/the KT001/1276(1280similar) since u first tested them?

I still use all of them in a lot of videos. For me, every meter has some use.
The ones you mention I use likely the most, but I can't really say that I use one more than the other...
I don't really use bluetooth logging, I don't like it for testing, a hardline connection via micro-usb is preferred.
But since my old testing nettop can't run W10, I stick to my ZKETech's for datalogging.

:: YouTube ::
http://bit.ly/dodgereviewsyt
:: Discord ::
http://discord.gg/fqJEDyy
:: Join the Discord ::
we need more BLF'ers!
BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 27 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 5410
Location: Canada

@dodge_911 and everybody else, there is something I’ve just discovered about the UM25C compared to all of their other meters.

It’s actually their most precise and most accurate meter that they have by a long shot!

Its datasheet specifies its accuracy in ‰, not in %!

That means compared to the UM24C/UM34C/every other meter, it’s 10 times more accurate.

See for yourselves:

UM25C

UM34C

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs Gen 3:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67401
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 2792
Location: USA

BlueSwordM wrote:
That means compared to the UM24C/UM34C/every other meter, it’s 10 times more accurate.
I think you are confusing resolution with accuracy.
BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 27 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 5410
Location: Canada

Umm what do you mean?

Precision = resolution.

Accuracy = closeness of the measured value to the real one.

As you can see in the screenshot, I was speaking about the ‰ sign actually.

% = part/100

‰ = part/1000

That means the UM25C is quite a bit more accurate than the UM24C.

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs Gen 3:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67401
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 2792
Location: USA

Oh, I get it now. My bad. That is pretty impressive.

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 1460
Location: Manila, Philippines

BlueSwordM wrote:
Umm what do you mean?

Precision = resolution.

Accuracy = closeness of the measured value to the real one.

As you can see in the screenshot, I was speaking about the ‰ sign actually.

% = part/100

‰ = part/1000

That means the UM25C is quite a bit more accurate than the UM24C.

“% = part/100
‰ = part/1000”

Hopefully, what the specs say are really true and not just some typo..

swaan
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/15/2015 - 03:34
Posts: 51
Location: Estonia

My ZY1270 (/w BT) is dead with an error code 021. It might be that one of the ADC ICs is toast. If anyone is interested in trying to bring it back to life, PM me. You can send me something thats gathering dust in return if you wish.

angerdan
angerdan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2015 - 10:07
Posts: 429

Found this nice picture:

EDCba
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 01:10
Posts: 168

I bought 2 QC chargers for my Samsung battery, my only quick charging device. Then I found out Samsung uses their own protocol :\

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 46 min 14 sec ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 6971
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
EDCba wrote:
I bought 2 QC chargers for my Samsung battery, my only quick charging device. Then I found out Samsung uses their own protocol :\

A lot of chargers support the Samsung protocols (They have more than one).

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

EDCba
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 01:10
Posts: 168
HKJ wrote:
EDCba wrote:
I bought 2 QC chargers for my Samsung battery, my only quick charging device. Then I found out Samsung uses their own protocol :\

A lot of chargers support the Samsung protocols (They have more than one).

Hmm it’s the 9V one, I think the ZY1276 calls it Samsung AFC. At least Baseus doesn’t support it.

Wrongway
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 05/07/2017 - 04:34
Posts: 5
Location: North West UK
EDCba wrote:
I bought 2 QC chargers for my Samsung battery, my only quick charging device. Then I found out Samsung uses their own protocol :\

I have a Samsung S9 myself. I measured the charge rate with a ZY1276 and found I was getting the same results if I swapped chargers for my MacBook Pro charger as well as an Anker 5 port charger with USB C and also an Anker 10000mAH power pack that has QC 3.0. Though an earlier Anker power pack that only supported up to QC 2.0 charged at a lower 5V rate. I know my Samsung S9 uses their own charging protocol but also supports QC 3.0. I am not sure about earlier Samsung models.

EDCba
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 01:10
Posts: 168
Wrongway wrote:
EDCba wrote:
I bought 2 QC chargers for my Samsung battery, my only quick charging device. Then I found out Samsung uses their own protocol :\

I have a Samsung S9 myself. I measured the charge rate with a ZY1276 and found I was getting the same results if I swapped chargers for my MacBook Pro charger as well as an Anker 5 port charger with USB C and also an Anker 10000mAH power pack that has QC 3.0. Though an earlier Anker power pack that only supported up to QC 2.0 charged at a lower 5V rate. I know my Samsung S9 uses their own charging protocol but also supports QC 3.0. I am not sure about earlier Samsung models.

Yeah the battery, EB-PG950, came from a weird time supporting only the proprietary protocol but before the standard ones. I realized when there were no QC markings on it. Early Apple products were like this too, remember when chargers had dedicated Apple ports? The iPod Touch 2 only charged on Apple ports and not DCP.

Pages