Need recommendations for AAA flashlight that can handle 2x 10440

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
hogflht
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 02/08/2016 - 10:11
Posts: 2
Location: AR.
Need recommendations for AAA flashlight that can handle 2x 10440

Looking for a double 10440 light any ideas

Edited by: hogflht on 02/08/2016 - 10:41
ReManG
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago
Joined: 04/25/2015 - 22:52
Posts: 2535
Location: Between the Mexico's

None I can think of, the only advantage I can think of would be to have the 10440’s in parallel for better runtime in a flatter package (side by side batteries) than a 14500 type light.

What application are you looking for?

ALL of my links are non-affiliated for your pleasure...

My Reviews

Lithium Ion Battery Safety 101

 

You bought yourself some good lights, now  go buy yourself some great pants... Bluffworks

I have no affiliation with Bluffworks, except as a very satisfied customer...

 

 

Andyman
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 01/12/2016 - 00:29
Posts: 272
Location: United States

ReManG wrote:
None I can think of, the only advantage I can think of would be to have the 10440’s in parallel for better runtime in a flatter package (side by side batteries) than a 14500 type light.

Hmm… I’d actually be pretty interested in a light like that! For me, thickness in pocket is the limiting factor for EDC light size. Anything bigger than ~17mm (a very slim 1xAA light) feels too thick and bulky to me. If there were a flatter package with similar runtime/brightness, say ~13mm x 24mm x 80mm to contain parallel 10440’s, I’d be all over it!

But I guess 2 × 10440’s would have about the same (or less) total amperage as a single 14500, so this imaginary light wouldn’t offer much improvement. OTOH, if there were something that could use one of the flat phone-style Li-Ion packs , feeding a AAA-sized reflector… Now I’m scheming! Big Smile
OP – sorry for the tangent.

Lennart
Lennart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 05/18/2011 - 12:44
Posts: 446
Location: Sweden
one 10440+a dummy cell in a twin AAA flashlight, if it´s brightness you are after?

Lennart

ReManG
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago
Joined: 04/25/2015 - 22:52
Posts: 2535
Location: Between the Mexico's

Andyman wrote:
ReManG wrote:
None I can think of, the only advantage I can think of would be to have the 10440’s in parallel for better runtime in a flatter package (side by side batteries) than a 14500 type light.

Hmm… I’d actually be pretty interested in a light like that! For me, thickness in pocket is the limiting factor for EDC light size. Anything bigger than ~17mm (a very slim 1xAA light) feels too thick and bulky to me. If there were a flatter package with similar runtime/brightness, say ~13mm x 24mm x 80mm to contain parallel 10440’s, I’d be all over it!

But I guess 2 × 10440’s would have about the same (or less) total amperage as a single 14500, so this imaginary light wouldn’t offer much improvement. OTOH, if there were something that could use one of the flat phone-style Li-Ion packs , feeding a AAA-sized reflector… Now I’m scheming! Big Smile
OP – sorry for the tangent.

Prepare for sticker shock…

http://www.uwk.com/products/2aaa-eled-mpl-i#.VrjawF3n_IY

I had one years ago as my EDC, good for the time, and tough…

ALL of my links are non-affiliated for your pleasure...

My Reviews

Lithium Ion Battery Safety 101

 

You bought yourself some good lights, now  go buy yourself some great pants... Bluffworks

I have no affiliation with Bluffworks, except as a very satisfied customer...

 

 

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 7210
Location: California

Anyone know of a 2xAAA light that takes a PR2 bulb?
IF so you could then use a 6v PR2 LED.

I recall mention somewhere that a PR2 bulb can be forced into a 2xAAA m@g head, with some fiddling.

WalkIntoTheLight
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 12/05/2015 - 10:26
Posts: 900
Location: Canada

I don’t understand the point in using 2×10440. If you’re looking to drive an LED hard, a light that small is going to overheat in no time. Is it for signalling, or some application where only short bursts are needed?

hogflht
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 02/08/2016 - 10:11
Posts: 2
Location: AR.

I love my tank007. I thought if it could be twice as long and brighter a double win.

Andyman
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 01/12/2016 - 00:29
Posts: 272
Location: United States

ReManG wrote:

Prepare for sticker shock…

http://www.uwk.com/products/2aaa-eled-mpl-i#.VrjawF3n_IY

I had one years ago as my EDC, good for the time, and tough…


Nice… Reminds me of Princeton Tec stuff from 15-20 years ago! Of course with the sturdy plastic body and waterproof diving design, it’s extremely bulky compared to what could presumably be done with aluminum in the same form factor…

Really just thinking out loud here about a hypothetical ideal EDC light. Realistically, it seems like 1xAAA lights have improved a lot in brightness over the past few years, so I might end up going that direction for EDC soon. Last time I was seriously evaluating EDC lights was >5 years ago, at which point 1xAA’s seemed generally a lot brighter and more versatile than 1xAAA’s… Love that the tech is catching up to my EDC-light-wishes!

Anna Rose
Anna Rose's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 10/11/2017 - 01:34
Posts: 1
Location: United Kingdom

Thanks guys for such info i was looking for this product it’s slightly thick or any one suggest me another one.

[url=http://www.hirelaptops.co.uk/]Laptop Rental - hirelaptops[/url]