*BLF LT1 Lantern Project* (batch #2 codes are rolling out)

9588 posts / 0 new
Last post
bakeshow
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 08/19/2019 - 12:04
Posts: 6

Thanks! Can’t wait to get my hands on one. My earliest number is over 2000 I think, so I’ll be waiting a while.

dealgrabber2002
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 41 min ago
Joined: 06/20/2014 - 23:51
Posts: 636
Location: California

The side directional reflector is a great idea. The more shiny the better. When will those be available? Cost?

nastynate
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 09/05/2018 - 23:42
Posts: 25
Location: United States

This wait is going to kill me! Anyone have further info on batch 2? I know there’ll be more colors, but what exactly is going to change in the firmware? Also, did I hear correctly that it will be more scratch resistant? I know my C01 scratched like crazy. Hopefully this will be a good Christmas present to myself Big Smile

amishbill
amishbill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 05/01/2019 - 10:03
Posts: 627
Location: GA
nastynate wrote:
This wait is going to kill me! Anyone have further info on batch 2? I know there’ll be more colors, but what exactly is going to change in the firmware? Also, did I hear correctly that it will be more scratch resistant? I know my C01 scratched like crazy. Hopefully this will be a good Christmas present to myself Big Smile

The scratching issue was in manufacturing and related to the diffuser. The changes there are to protect it during assembly. The part is likely unchanged.

Firmware – It had something to do with the default “medium” point in one of the ramping modes after a battery removal. (as best I can recall – search for Toykeeper posts – she explains in perfect detail somewhere) If you’re really concerned, the lantern firmware is updatable.

The only other item I can confirm is that there will be an AmishBill Special Edition with a layered dayglo finish. Availability will be limited though, as I only intend to make one and will be keeping it for myself. Party

DIY LT1 battery wrap image. "PDF on Google Drive":https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IHIEOi1NXu868IYNCzIM7D2Ulpxchmww

Fresh Sanyo NCR18650GAs already wrapped "for sale HERE":http://budgetlightforum.com/node/69120 if you like.

SIGShooter
SIGShooter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 02:10
Posts: 1773
Location: northern california

The final updates to the interest list files linked to in post #1 have been updated here and here

You should carefully review them to be sure that your name is correctly spelled.

More information will be posted when Sofirn begins batch 2 sales and also when the notification process has been finalized.

9mm/40cal/45cal bullets and large/small pistol primers available for sale in San Francisco Bay area

Helios azimuth
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2019 - 22:23
Posts: 123
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains

SIGShooter wrote:
The final updates to the interest list files linked to in post #1 have been updated here and here
.

Good job, thank you for doing it. So now what are you going to do with all your spare time?
SIGShooter
SIGShooter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 02:10
Posts: 1773
Location: northern california

Helios azimuth wrote:
SIGShooter wrote:
The final updates to the interest list files linked to in post #1 have been updated here and here
.

Good job, thank you for doing it. So now what are you going to do with all your spare time?
Other than the last few weeks it didn’t take all that much time to be honest. But now I can spend more time looking for additional flashlights to buy Cash

9mm/40cal/45cal bullets and large/small pistol primers available for sale in San Francisco Bay area

Coscar
Coscar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 20:16
Posts: 501
Location: Gulf Coast

You could start a raffle to see who could get closest to how many times folks will continue to ask to be added to the list….. I’ll take 264. Beer

Im not a Pessimist …. just an Optimist with a lot of experience

IndyArcher
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 05/07/2012 - 12:22
Posts: 306
Location: Northern Indiana

So I’ve been traveling overseas and just got back and received my message and code from 10/15. Is the group buy over already? I’ve been waiting forever for this thing and can’t find it on amazon.

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 2486
Location: Canuk in NM
IndyArcher wrote:
So I’ve been traveling overseas and just got back and received my message and code from 10/15. Is the group buy over already? I’ve been waiting forever for this thing and can’t find it on amazon.

We need to be patient. There has been a glitch. Everything will work out but for now shipping and ordering is on hold.

BLF Member Map Add your name and location.

SIGShooter
SIGShooter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 02:10
Posts: 1773
Location: northern california

Coscar wrote:
You could start a raffle to see who could get closest to how many times folks will continue to ask to be added to the list….. I’ll take 264. Beer
Haha…..so far nobody has asked to be added but honestly I’m a bit surprised by that Smile

9mm/40cal/45cal bullets and large/small pistol primers available for sale in San Francisco Bay area

SIGShooter
SIGShooter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 02:10
Posts: 1773
Location: northern california
MtnDon wrote:
IndyArcher wrote:
So I’ve been traveling overseas and just got back and received my message and code from 10/15. Is the group buy over already? I’ve been waiting forever for this thing and can’t find it on amazon.

We need to be patient. There has been a glitch. Everything will work out but for now shipping and ordering is on hold.

Sofirn has said that everyone on the list will get the lantern at the group price. Once production ramps up and the ordering process finalized then people will be able to buy again.

And as MtnDon said we just need to be patient Smile

9mm/40cal/45cal bullets and large/small pistol primers available for sale in San Francisco Bay area

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6026
Location: Ontario, Canada

Ok, here is the video explaining the accessories i been testing & using with the LT1 test lantern, (and original 2 prototypes)

The accessories i show in the video are listed below.

-Top hat reflector shade (for directing light down for overhead hanging, reading at a table, etc in the same manner as Coleman Lanterns shades do.

-Side directional shade ( for directing & increasing light in one direction to the side, (for creating a wider directional flood.

-paracord lanyard (for easier carrying, hanging from lines, branches, over head loops, tent loops, etc.

-charging cable (6 foot USB-C ( a heavy-duty longer charging & power cord for more remote charging & powering.

-Charging cable 12 volt direct Cig-socket ( for charging the lantern from 12-volt DC sources, like large power units, banks, car, RVs, etc.

-USB-C to 2.1×5mm adapter for 12 volt charging (adapter for connecting any of the common 2.1mm DC cord plugs to the lantern

-padded storage bag (for storage, packing in duffles, camp bags, etc. to protect the lantern from scratches, dings, etc.

-plastic wide base (To add stability & grip for uneven or angled surfaces

-Cap base for the lantern head when used without battery tube. ( to protect the driver contacts when using the lantern without the battery tube powered from USB-C sources.

-Accessory storage bag (for storing all the accessories.

I need to practice to record better videos, so bear with me in the video, also turn your volume up a bit, as my phone camera mic is not the best, and need to invest in a better video camera setup for these videos, and slow my talking down a bit. Big Smile

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

mopar440_6
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/15/2019 - 12:19
Posts: 25
Location: Carlisle, PA

Definitely going to need both shades, the lanyard, the bottom cap, and a bag to fit all of that stuff along with the LT1. Great video Den.

IMO the solid white plastic top shade looks the best but the collapsible silicone is for sure the best option and most versatile.

A base cap that threads into the lantern head would be preferred over a slip over cap due to water intrusion.

anonymous_user
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 05/23/2019 - 21:59
Posts: 80
Location: CA, USA

Nice video DBSAR. So when will the accessories be available for purchase? Also any options for people who want a bundle of everything? Big Smile

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6026
Location: Ontario, Canada

mopar440_6 wrote:
Definitely going to need both shades, the lanyard, the bottom cap, and a bag to fit all of that stuff along with the LT1. Great video Den.

IMO the solid white plastic top shade looks the best but the collapsible silicone is for sure the best option and most versatile.

A base cap that threads into the lantern head would be preferred over a slip over cap due to water intrusion.

A thread-in cap would be definitely better options with an o-ring. Thumbs Up

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6026
Location: Ontario, Canada
anonymous_user wrote:
Nice video DBSAR. So when will the accessories be available for purchase? Also any options for people who want a bundle of everything? Big Smile

We are unsure yet of Sofirn would build the accessories package, but we will look into it.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1380
Location: United States

sbslider wrote:

I’m not certain that package is the LT1, but the LT1 is the only package I have coming that claims to have been shipped. I’m guessing Wednesday is optimistic at this point, Thursday would be fine. Here’s to hoping. Party

Turns out this is a solar panel I purchased also from ebay, not the LT1. It took the seller a day to upload shipping info, so I will continue patiently waiting . . . .

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

Redfiresvt03
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 hours ago
Joined: 05/28/2019 - 21:14
Posts: 4
Location: STL

I still haven’t got a code, seems like everyone else did?

cu42
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2018 - 14:47
Posts: 157
Location: Allbright, IN
Redfiresvt03 wrote:
I still haven’t got a code, seems like everyone else did?

Your first entry is #1683. Only the first 500 got codes or ordered from the first batch of 500 LT1’s.

All of us who signed up after #501 will get codes when the second batch of 2500 units goes up for sale.

Redfiresvt03
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 hours ago
Joined: 05/28/2019 - 21:14
Posts: 4
Location: STL
cu42 wrote:
Redfiresvt03 wrote:
I still haven’t got a code, seems like everyone else did?

Your first entry is #1683. Only the first 500 got codes or ordered from the first batch of 500 LT1’s.

All of us who signed up after #501 will get codes when the second batch of 2500 units goes up for sale.

Gotcha. I seen the updated first post said something along the lines of the first 3000 were fulfilled. Must have misunderstood.

Thanks!

amishbill
amishbill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 05/01/2019 - 10:03
Posts: 627
Location: GA
Redfiresvt03 wrote:
cu42 wrote:
Redfiresvt03 wrote:
I still haven’t got a code, seems like everyone else did?

Your first entry is #1683. Only the first 500 got codes or ordered from the first batch of 500 LT1’s.

All of us who signed up after #501 will get codes when the second batch of 2500 units goes up for sale.

Gotcha. I seen the updated first post said something along the lines of the first 3000 were fulfilled. Must have misunderstood.

Thanks!


The 3000 (total) group buy slots were filled.

The first product batch was no more than 500 allocated as 1 LT1 per person starting at the first entry. If you were not one of the first 500 people on the list, you were not notified of anything.

Batch #2 is expected to cover all remaining lantern requests.

DIY LT1 battery wrap image. "PDF on Google Drive":https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IHIEOi1NXu868IYNCzIM7D2Ulpxchmww

Fresh Sanyo NCR18650GAs already wrapped "for sale HERE":http://budgetlightforum.com/node/69120 if you like.

SIGShooter
SIGShooter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 02:10
Posts: 1773
Location: northern california

sbslider wrote:
sbslider wrote:

I’m not certain that package is the LT1, but the LT1 is the only package I have coming that claims to have been shipped. I’m guessing Wednesday is optimistic at this point, Thursday would be fine. Here’s to hoping. Party

Turns out this is a solar panel I purchased also from ebay, not the LT1. It took the seller a day to upload shipping info, so I will continue patiently waiting . . . .
Too bad it’s not the LT. Hopefully it will be at your doorstep soon.

9mm/40cal/45cal bullets and large/small pistol primers available for sale in San Francisco Bay area

cu42
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2018 - 14:47
Posts: 157
Location: Allbright, IN

DBSAR wrote:
mopar440_6 wrote:
Definitely going to need both shades, the lanyard, the bottom cap, and a bag to fit all of that stuff along with the LT1. Great video Den.

IMO the solid white plastic top shade looks the best but the collapsible silicone is for sure the best option and most versatile.

A base cap that threads into the lantern head would be preferred over a slip over cap due to water intrusion.

A thread-in cap would be definitely better options with an o-ring. Thumbs Up

Good job DBSAR!

I will want at least 3 of the full kits with cases if not more. Let us know when or if you start an interest list for kits.

The collapsible shade seems to be the most versatile and storage/carry friendly. If it allows the LT1 to be stored in the same case as the accessories, this is a plus as well. It also seems to grip onto the LT1 making it stable.

Does the collapsible shade work in conjunction with the side deflector? This would be my preferred combo.

I agree that the bottom cap should be screw on with O-ring for waterproofing and stability when used with base. It would be great if it could have a 1/4 × 20 threaded insert as well.

You might try to remove the foam from the center of the base to give the foam more grip per less surface area and make it more stable on uneven surfaces and less likely to wobble on high center. A ring resting on uneven surfaces is more stable then a flat disc.

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6026
Location: Ontario, Canada

cu42 wrote:

Good job DBSAR!

I will want at least 3 of the full kits with cases if not more. Let us know when or if you start an interest list for kits.

The collapsible shade seems to be the most versatile and storage/carry friendly. If it allows the LT1 to be stored in the same case as the accessories, this is a plus as well. It also seems to grip onto the LT1 making it stable.

Does the collapsible shade work in conjunction with the side deflector? This would be my preferred combo.

I agree that the bottom cap should be screw on with O-ring for waterproofing and stability when used with base. It would be great if it could have a 1/4 × 20 threaded insert as well.

You might try to remove the foam from the center of the base to give the foam more grip per less surface area and make it more stable on uneven surfaces and less likely to wobble on high center. A ring resting on uneven surfaces is more stable then a flat disc.

We have approached Sofirn to see if they want to take on building the accessories kit for the LT1, and will certainly post updates to everyone as we get them. Thumbs Up

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

CrashOne
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 02/18/2014 - 13:29
Posts: 316
Location: The Netherlands

DBSAR wrote:
Ok, here is the video explaining the accessories i been testing & using with the LT1 test lantern, (and original 2 prototypes)

The accessories i show in the video are listed below.

-Top hat reflector shade (for directing light down for overhead hanging, reading at a table, etc in the same manner as Coleman Lanterns shades do.

-Side directional shade ( for directing & increasing light in one direction to the side, (for creating a wider directional flood.

-paracord lanyard (for easier carrying, hanging from lines, branches, over head loops, tent loops, etc.

-charging cable (6 foot USB-C ( a heavy-duty longer charging & power cord for more remote charging & powering.

-Charging cable 12 volt direct Cig-socket ( for charging the lantern from 12-volt DC sources, like large power units, banks, car, RVs, etc.

-USB-C to 2.1×5mm adapter for 12 volt charging (adapter for connecting any of the common 2.1mm DC cord plugs to the lantern

-padded storage bag (for storage, packing in duffles, camp bags, etc. to protect the lantern from scratches, dings, etc.

-plastic wide base (To add stability & grip for uneven or angled surfaces

-Cap base for the lantern head when used without battery tube. ( to protect the driver contacts when using the lantern without the battery tube powered from USB-C sources.

-Accessory storage bag (for storing all the accessories.

I need to practice to record better videos, so bear with me in the video, also turn your volume up a bit, as my phone camera mic is not the best, and need to invest in a better video camera setup for these videos, and slow my talking down a bit. Big Smile

I’m in for the neoprene bag, lanyard, side directional shades and the silicone collapsible cap Big Smile

marcelangelo
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 21 hours ago
Joined: 09/05/2019 - 17:21
Posts: 12
Location: Bavaria

Thanks very much DBSAR for the accessory-video!
And double-thanks you took up an other members and my idea on the collapsible silicone shade Thumbs Up

Regarding “Plastic wide base”:
I guess screwing the plastic wide base into the bottom-tripod-hole could make it more stable?

Regarding “Cap base for the lantern head when used without battery tube”:
Please add a tipod-hole [and make it screw-on as mentioned somewhere above)]
That way, it could be used at the same time as the plastic wide base.

Regarding “Side directional shade”
Knurling on the screw would definitively be cool!
Some kind of mechanism to not loose the screw would be even cooler Smile
May i also suggest keeping the proposed carrying-handle (6:42 in the video) separated from the side shade? (but ofc. usable together?)
And please don’t just use the side-tripod mount for the handle, but the bottom-one, too.

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 1467
Location: Manila, Philippines

Sofirn
Sofirn's picture
Online
Last seen: 40 sec ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 04:22
Posts: 351
Location: Shenzhen, China

Great video!

paetzi
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2017 - 13:24
Posts: 16
Location: Deutschland

I´m in love with this fading colour. Would to love to see a light anodized like that.

Pages