*BLF LT1 Lantern Project* (codes going out for more LT1s, second batch shipping!)

9977 posts / 0 new
Last post
woodyt
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 12/23/2018 - 17:22
Posts: 116
Location: NY

Sure hope I get the code soon as I want to use it when traveling in January. Looking forward to the Lantern.

CheapThrills
CheapThrills's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 07/02/2011 - 10:45
Posts: 3567
Location: Suomi

Funtastic wrote:
CheapThrills wrote:
I think I did something wrong…

I made the lantern to shopping cart in Aliexpress. Sent my user ID as a message and they replied to continue purchasing it but not paying.
The next button to press there is “Buy Now” and then it processes my credit card…

So I think I just had to order it on regular price…

Cancel the order. You’ll receive a refund in a few days

You’re meant to select “other payment option” make sure your credit card isn’t selected

Ok, cancelled it now. Thanks!

There are no options from which to select.
Onlu credit cards visible Payment Methods and you cannot select/deselect anything from it. Flat Stare

B0Y1L4W
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 02/08/2018 - 00:14
Posts: 11
Location: earth

Lurker here, so how do I get a code for Amazon. Thanks in advance.

saypat
saypat's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 50 sec ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 20:32
Posts: 3551
Location: Calif

woodyt wrote:
Sure hope I get the code soon as I want to use it when traveling in January. Looking forward to the Lantern.



what number are u on the list? They are sending out 30 PMs a day.
Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 54 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 2025
Location: Netherlands

Stereodude wrote:
bjs55 wrote:
just got my code,ordered from amazon. any issues to know about?
Yes

1) It won’t charge from a USB-C charger using a USB-C to USB-C cable. (It will charge from a USB-A charger using a USB-A to USB-C cable.)
2) Flat top or near flat top cells may mechanically interfere with the potentiometer on the bottom of the driver board. (It can be removed from the driver board as it’s unused)

1.) It depends on your charger. If your charger works with USB PD it won’t work.
I have a USB C (both ends) charger which does not support PD which works

  BLF

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 26 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 2577
Location: Canuk in NM
B0Y1L4W wrote:
Lurker here, so how do I get a code for Amazon. Thanks in advance.

Have you asked to be placed on the interest list before this? If you are not already on the interested list you cannot be added at this time. In the future, after those on the group buy interested list have been sent GB codes you nmight be able to get a discount.

BLF Member Map Add your name and location.

BurningPlayd0h
BurningPlayd0h's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 02:16
Posts: 865
Location: MN

This is the most confusing GB I’ve seen for any product, and while understanding the scale of the undertaking it comes off as a lack of foresight and planning on the part of Sofirn. It’s been a BIG interest list for quite some time…

I just can’t wrap my head around why it’s been handled the way it is, LT1s for sale on other sites (with a significant discount!) while the first batch of codes had just been sent, wut?

Ilikebiglightsa...
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 02/10/2019 - 23:49
Posts: 4
saypat wrote:
what number are u on the list? They are sending out 30 PMs a day.

I’m 1237/1238, any idea where about on the list they are now?

chinooker
chinooker's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2015 - 13:27
Posts: 1748
Location: mid left coast

from what I’ve read it is only up to Sofirn with no input from BLF
and precious little output

saypat
saypat's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 50 sec ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 20:32
Posts: 3551
Location: Calif

educated guess around 800, based on being told they were at 674 on Nov. 14

Rayoui
Rayoui's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 00:38
Posts: 87
Location: Portland, OR

BurningPlayd0h wrote:
This is the most confusing GB I’ve seen for any product, and while understanding the scale of the undertaking it comes off as a lack of foresight and planning on the part of Sofirn. It’s been a BIG interest list for quite some time…

I just can’t wrap my head around why it’s been handled the way it is, LT1s for sale on other sites (with a significant discount!) while the first batch of codes had just been sent, wut?

This is by far one of the largest group buys I’ve been a part of. That adds complexity on its own. What also doesn’t help is that as much as I appreciate all of Sofirn’s efforts, they definitely did not choose the most efficient method for distributing codes and getting these lanterns in people’s hands.

This isn’t directed at anyone in particular, but as far as all the delays are concerned, lets all try to remember that unless you have actually placed an order at this point, neither Sofirn nor any member of the team responsible for the LT1 is under any obligation to provide you with anything. No money has been exchanged and no agreements have been made. All we’ve done at this point is say “I want an LT1” and had our names placed on a list. I understand I haven’t been waiting as long as some of you and we all really want lanterns in our hands, but we will receive them in due time. Just need to be patient for a little bit longer. Thumbs Up

dyates
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 04/18/2018 - 21:06
Posts: 27
Location: RI
ToyKeeper wrote:
Kingjohn wrote:
sunset function .. possibility to also adjust the brightness … ?

I’m hoping to add that at some point, but I’m not sure when. I really need to make the code smaller somehow before I add new features.

Lately I’ve been focusing mostly on deeper kernel-level changes, like I just recently rewrote the entire interrupt handling system and a lot of the standby and ADC and button code. This fixes some things which needed to be done, but doesn’t really change any user-visible behavior.

For the lantern specifically though, I did at least add SOS. I’m testing the new build now, and am hopeful it can be used in batch 3.

Would it be possible for someone to make a “how to” on updating the LT1? Thanks in advance.

amishbill
amishbill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 05/01/2019 - 10:03
Posts: 665
Location: GA

dyates wrote:


Would it be possible for someone to make a “how to” on updating the LT1? Thanks in advance.

If you find my post about non-destructive SP36 disassembly and flashing, that might be a good springboard to start from. You should be able to use the same hardware I did if you unscrew the driver and gently pull it out a little.

The LT1 also has a set of contacts for a programming key. If you build one of those (or find someone who will sell you a prebuilt one) you don’t have to remove the LT1 driver board.

It shouldn’t be too long till someone with the right programming parts gets an LT1 and posts something more useful.

DIY LT1 battery wrap image. "PDF on Google Drive":https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IHIEOi1NXu868IYNCzIM7D2Ulpxchmww

Fresh Sanyo NCR18650GAs already wrapped "for sale HERE":http://budgetlightforum.com/node/69120 if you like.

Barry0892
Barry0892's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 09/20/2014 - 03:45
Posts: 308

thijsco19 wrote:
Got a message this morning from Sofirn with the LT1 code.
It says: “Note: LT1 starts a preorder on Nov 15. Order will be shipped in 15 days.”
Does this mean this is the second batch?

Ordered it trough amazon.de and de delivery is scheduled between Wednesday 11 december and Monday 6 januari.

Yes, that’s the second batch.

Find FREE items on my timeline.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/barry.lee.984991

WhatsApp: +8615773183209 

atobe
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 28 min ago
Joined: 09/14/2019 - 23:27
Posts: 162
Location: California

Any updates on color options or we can have any color we want as long as it’s black?

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Barry0892
Barry0892's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 09/20/2014 - 03:45
Posts: 308

People who got code and order in November, some may get it before Christmas (most orders were delivered in 3 weeks), some may not. It’s kind of luck matter.

I feel sorry if it can not be a Christmas gift. A nice gift in a nice day means double happiness.

But in my humble opinion, a nice gift can never be late. If it arrives in a normal day, the pure happiness the lantern brings is still there, which means you get a happy day from a normal day. You get one more happy day from normal days.

I hope you have happy Christmas, I also hope have more happy days, my BLFers.

Regards

Barry

Find FREE items on my timeline.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/barry.lee.984991

WhatsApp: +8615773183209 

nick91900
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2017 - 21:40
Posts: 8
Location: United States

822/823 here. Already received a code. I’m not entirely sure what to do since I’m on the list for 2 and I’ve gotten a “single use code”. I’m not in a hurry so I PM’ed Sofrin about my 2 lantern question and I haven’t received a response yet. I’m in a low rush situation, so I don’t particularly care when I get my lights, as long as I get them with the GB pricing. Ive purchased a GB Q8, GT, and 2 FW model lights so I’m familiar with how things typically go. I will say this feels less organized than other GB’s I’ve been involved with.

But this lantern is BY FAR the best on the market and I’m willing to wait for that, no matter how long it takes.

I really hope everything works out positively for everyone on the GB list and that this light design proves lucrative for Sofrin and that they continue to produce high quality lights based on this design.

Props to all on the LT1 project Smile

osb40000
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 03/30/2016 - 14:35
Posts: 72
Location: United States

Been here since the beginning with #93, 110, 111, 112, 141 among others… I still haven’t been able to order a unit, hopefully Sofrin gets the order process dialed and everyone on the list receives theirs. Love all the work that has been put into this product and can’t wait to pickup several.

cu42
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2018 - 14:47
Posts: 174
Location: Allbright, IN
osb40000 wrote:
Been here since the beginning with #93, 110, 111, 112, 141 among others… I still haven’t been able to order a unit, hopefully Sofrin gets the order process dialed and everyone on the list receives theirs. Love all the work that has been put into this product and can’t wait to pickup several.

Just sent you a test PM. See if you got it. Should have received a code by now if PM working.

I was #761 on list and got PM from Sofirn on the 15th.

Hope this helps.

flashycali
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2014 - 10:19
Posts: 98
Location: So.Cal

I’m at 579 and 3 other spots and has yet to receive a single code, people at 800+ has been getting their codes?

Wish Sofirn is more transparent on how they are fulfilling the GB orders.

I’ve waited like everyone else a long time for this light so waiting a little more is no big deal for me but fulfilling GB orders in such a disorganized manner is not cool especially after the team had put in so much time and effort to make this light a reality.

Phlogiston
Phlogiston's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 10/27/2016 - 16:57
Posts: 890
Location: Scotland

Yokiamy wrote:
Stereodude wrote:
bjs55 wrote:
just got my code,ordered from amazon. any issues to know about?
Yes

1) It won’t charge from a USB-C charger using a USB-C to USB-C cable. (It will charge from a USB-A charger using a USB-A to USB-C cable.)
2) Flat top or near flat top cells may mechanically interfere with the potentiometer on the bottom of the driver board. (It can be removed from the driver board as it’s unused)

1.) It depends on your charger. If your charger works with USB PD it won’t work.
I have a USB C (both ends) charger which does not support PD which works

Thank you, Yokiamy Thumbs Up

We knew there were probably chargers like that out there, but I think you’re the first to confirm it with an LT1.

saypat
saypat's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 50 sec ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 20:32
Posts: 3551
Location: Calif

flashycali wrote:
I’m at 579 and 3 other spots and has yet to receive a single code, people at 800+ has been getting their codes, WTH?

Wish Sofirn is more transparent on how they are fulfilling the GB orders.

I’ve waited like everyone else a long time for this light so waiting a little more is no big deal for me but fulfilling GB orders in such a disorganized manner is not ok especially after the team had put in so much time and effort to make this light a reality.



have u contacted anyone from Sofirn about this? Curious here.

Sillen
Sillen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 06:39
Posts: 398
Location: Melbourne, Australia

974 on the list, just got my Amazon Au code – Estimated delivery: Dec 17, 2019 – Jan 9, 2020

flashycali
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2014 - 10:19
Posts: 98
Location: So.Cal

saypat wrote:
flashycali wrote:
I’m at 579 and 3 other spots and has yet to receive a single code, people at 800+ has been getting their codes, WTH?

Wish Sofirn is more transparent on how they are fulfilling the GB orders.

I’ve waited like everyone else a long time for this light so waiting a little more is no big deal for me but fulfilling GB orders in such a disorganized manner is not ok especially after the team had put in so much time and effort to make this light a reality.



have u contacted anyone from Sofirn about this? Curious here.

I’m not sure if that is even an option, is it?

From all I have read on this thread, I thought all I can do is to sit and wait till something shows up in a PM.

F.i.l.a.s
F.i.l.a.s's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 11/22/2015 - 20:10
Posts: 141
Location: Prague

Ordered mine, looking forward to it. I also bought one lt1 with batts during 11.11. sofirn promotion. Hope I can get at least one before Christmas :). Thanks the BLF team.

SIGShooter
SIGShooter's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 02:10
Posts: 1792
Location: northern california

flashycali wrote:
saypat wrote:
flashycali wrote:
I’m at 579 and 3 other spots and has yet to receive a single code, people at 800+ has been getting their codes, WTH?

Wish Sofirn is more transparent on how they are fulfilling the GB orders.

I’ve waited like everyone else a long time for this light so waiting a little more is no big deal for me but fulfilling GB orders in such a disorganized manner is not ok especially after the team had put in so much time and effort to make this light a reality.



have u contacted anyone from Sofirn about this? Curious here.

I’m not sure if that is even an option, is it?

From all I have read on this thread, I thought all I can do is to sit and wait till something shows up in a PM.

Sofirn has promised that everyone on the interest list will be able buy the LT at the group price. Since they are the ones handling the notification it’s impossible to know where they are. All I can say is to try and be patient as production is ramping up.

9mm/40cal/45cal bullets and large/small pistol primers available for sale in San Francisco Bay area

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Online
Last seen: 14 min 43 sec ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 10103
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
Kingjohn wrote:
Which attiny is used in the LT1? I guess the larger 8k model, right? So for notable more space we will have to wait for a future 16 or 32 K version….

It uses attiny85, with 8K of space. If there is ever a LT2, I assume it’ll probably use attiny1634 instead, to provide more pins and more space.

dyates wrote:
Would it be possible for someone to make a “how to” on updating the LT1?

Most of the firmware info in other threads is accurate for the LT1, and some of those threads are linked from the README in the firmware repository. There’s also a fairly recent guide for reflashing the Emisar D4v2, which is mostly relevant. The main differences here are just a matter of how to physically access the control chip.

The short version is:

  1. Get a usbasp device, a ribbon cable, and either a SOIC8 clip or a pogo pin adapter.
  2. Install some free software.
  3. Physically attach the adapter, and run a command on a computer or phone.

It can be a lot of fun to dive in and modify how the light works, so I definitely recommend it for anyone who likes to tinker.

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 2981
Location: Brisbane, Australia

SOOOOOOOO impressed with the run time, I know it’s 4 high capacity cells only moderately running the LEDs but even still, with all these pocket rockets it’s kinda a nice change

Abs0lutZero
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 11/18/2019 - 04:07
Posts: 4
Location: Swakopmund, Namibia

I also chose to buy it during the 11.11 sale on AliExpress.

My order however, has now been in the “Awaiting Shipment” stage since the 12th of November which is when I bought it. I contacted Sofirn via the Message Center and they informed me it would be shipped by next week. Circa the 25th. Hopefully I will receive it by the 24th of December or later.

I am really excited to get my hands on this thing. The colour tint option is what convinced me to take it.

Sloth
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 21 hours ago
Joined: 10/08/2019 - 05:50
Posts: 2

ToyKeeper wrote:

The short version is:
  1. Get a usbasp device, a ribbon cable, and either a SOIC8 clip or a pogo pin adapter.
  2. Install some free software.
  3. Physically attach the adapter, and run a command on a computer or phone.

Can Hank’s flashing kit for the D4v2 be used or will a different pogo pin adapter style is required?

Pages