*BLF LT1 Lantern Project* (codes going out for more LT1s, second batch shipping!)

9977 posts / 0 new
Last post
Coscar
Coscar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 20:16
Posts: 507
Location: Gulf Coast

shirnask wrote:
Coscar wrote:
DBSAR wrote:
LT1_Ideas wrote:
If anyone look for hard case for LT1, go see JBL flip 4 speaker case, same size LT1, fit well.

Buy amazon or aliexpress

XANAD Hard Travel Carrying Storage Protective Case for JBL Flip 4 or JBL Flip… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BVNMXB4/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_L6y5DbQ7RJ2TJ

Other brand of case available too, this just first one I try.

Awesome hard-case that looks to fit it well! I only been able to make or find many soft cases so far. ( EDIT: i discovered that case is $20 bucks on Amazon.ca Facepalm

Hmmm….. it is only $10 on amazon US

Shows as $7.99 when I checked

I think that is if you have prime

Im not a Pessimist …. just an Optimist with a lot of experience

Coscar
Coscar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 20:16
Posts: 507
Location: Gulf Coast

Barry0892 wrote:
Anyone didn’t receive at least one code? Any questions, please PM sofirn

The second batch has 1500pcs: 1000pcs in Black. The other 100ps desert tan and 200pcs Dark Green and 200pcs Orange are delayed by the anodizing factory. Sadly for some reason, the anodizing factory can not give the exact date when it will be available.

Sofirn can not find another factory to do it because these colors were made by the exact factory.

So, if you guys want to hold on for the colored ones, you might need to wait for a long time. I don’t know how long. Maybe they can be anodized in a week or a month, even be made next year. Facepalm

Thanks for the update Barry Beer Beer Beer

Im not a Pessimist …. just an Optimist with a lot of experience

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 1018
Location: Indonesia

Mine is finally shipping ordered from Sofirn Ebay store. Party

ossifrage
Online
Last seen: 4 min 14 sec ago
Joined: 04/28/2019 - 11:05
Posts: 23

Barry0892 wrote:
Anyone didn’t receive at least one code? Any questions, please PM sofirn

The second batch has 1500pcs: 1000pcs in Black. The other 100ps desert tan and 200pcs Dark Green and 200pcs Orange are delayed by the anodizing factory. Sadly for some reason, the anodizing factory can not give the exact date when it will be available.

Sofirn can not find another factory to do it because these colors were made by the exact factory.

So, if you guys want to hold on for the colored ones, you might need to wait for a long time. I don’t know how long. Maybe they can be anodized in a week or a month, even be made next year. Facepalm

Happy to wait. I’d like 1 dark green and 1 orange.

bindi
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 09/18/2019 - 20:36
Posts: 6
Location: Finland

Ordered from amazon with the group buy code. Not expecting any problems there.

However I also ordered one from AliEpxress on 11/11, they gave me a tracking code with no information on it, and won’t respond to my messages at all. I know dispute is the way to go, but that’s just going to hurt Sofirn’s reputation on AE – why have they completely disbanded other platforms (seeing as the new batch of codes is only for amazon)? Does someone here have a line of communication to the people handling the AliExpress side?

EDIT: continuing this here http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1595440

Nismo
Nismo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 10/11/2019 - 13:12
Posts: 41
Location: Norway

bindi wrote:
Ordered from amazon with the group buy code. Not expecting any problems there.

However I also ordered one from AliEpxress on 11/11, they gave me a tracking code with no information on it, and won’t respond to my messages at all. I know dispute is the way to go, but that’s just going to hurt Sofirn’s reputation on AE – why have they completely disbanded other platforms (seeing as the new batch of codes is only for amazon)? Does someone here have a line of communication to the people handling the AliExpress side?

I believe they’re marking it as shipped so that they don’t have to refund the money. Whenever they exceed the group buy demands they will ship one to you from Aliexpress. I ordered one myself from there at 11/11, still no updated tracking number, but I’m patient since I wasn’t in the group buy and have no expectations.

Current lights:

Emisar D4V2 SST-20 4000K, D4V2 Ti SST-20 4000K, D4SV2 SST-20 3000K | Fireflies PL47G2 XPL HI V3 3A Lumintop FW1A SST-20 4000K Nitecore LR12 CREE XP-L HD V6 | Sofirn C01S SST-20 4000K | ZebraLight SC53Fc XP-L2 4000K

cu42
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2018 - 14:47
Posts: 174
Location: Allbright, IN

LT1_Ideas wrote:
If anyone look for hard case for LT1, go see JBL flip 4 speaker case, same size LT1, fit well.

Buy amazon or aliexpress

XANAD Hard Travel Carrying Storage Protective Case for JBL Flip 4 or JBL Flip… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BVNMXB4/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_L6y5DbQ7RJ2TJ

Other brand of case available too, this just first one I try.

THANKS!

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking way back when I posted pics of cases similar to this for suggestions for the LT1.

It would be very impressive to have a case similar to this with cutouts for the silicone shade, cords, base etc.

cu42
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2018 - 14:47
Posts: 174
Location: Allbright, IN

Barry0892 wrote:
Anyone didn’t receive at least one code? Any questions, please PM sofirn

The second batch has 1500pcs: 1000pcs in Black. The other 100ps desert tan and 200pcs Dark Green and 200pcs Orange are delayed by the anodizing factory. Sadly for some reason, the anodizing factory can not give the exact date when it will be available.

Sofirn can not find another factory to do it because these colors were made by the exact factory.

So, if you guys want to hold on for the colored ones, you might need to wait for a long time. I don’t know how long. Maybe they can be anodized in a week or a month, even be made next year. Facepalm

THANKS for the update.

I am willing to wait as long as needed for anodized colors. How can I get a code for 1 tan, 2 green and 1 orange? I am still on the list for 4 more lanterns and would like to be certain I can get colors.

Are you going to make a list for colors? I would like to BE SURE I’m on a color list and do not want to miss them because they sold out before I got my last 4 codes out of 5 total.

Making a list for us waiting on colors would firm up how many you need to make AND allow others who want black to get those faster. I am willing to give up my spot in line to be certain to get the 1/2/1 in colors.

whitecitadel
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Joined: 12/30/2014 - 05:58
Posts: 85
Location: London, UK

Nismo wrote:
bindi wrote:
Ordered from amazon with the group buy code. Not expecting any problems there.

However I also ordered one from AliEpxress on 11/11, they gave me a tracking code with no information on it, and won’t respond to my messages at all. I know dispute is the way to go, but that’s just going to hurt Sofirn’s reputation on AE – why have they completely disbanded other platforms (seeing as the new batch of codes is only for amazon)? Does someone here have a line of communication to the people handling the AliExpress side?

I believe they’re marking it as shipped so that they don’t have to refund the money. Whenever they exceed the group buy demands they will ship one to you from Aliexpress. I ordered one myself from there at 11/11, still no updated tracking number, but I’m patient since I wasn’t in the group buy and have no expectations.

I interpreted it as 11/11 sales just shoved a massive amount of ePacket into China Post and they are jammed up, probably sat in a massive bulk flow somewhere waiting to be scanned before the tracking updates.

I would not panic, its part of the experience getting something amazing cheap from the other side of the world, just wait another week and see what happens.

Colours (colors for some of you) are going to sell like ice cream on a hot day is my prediction! (even if they do only arrive in time for summer)

Rexlion
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 05/18/2019 - 16:59
Posts: 228
Location: Okla.

Only 500 non-black lanterns being made in that batch, that’s not very many. Good luck snagging just one, let alone multiple quantities.

saypat
saypat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 20:32
Posts: 3552
Location: Calif

my sentiments exactly – they will be at a premium

Barry0892
Barry0892's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 09/20/2014 - 03:45
Posts: 308

Sorry guys, sofirn decided to make the rest 500pcs into Black body color. Because the anodizing factory didn’t meet the environmental protection standard made by government again. Never know when it will meet the standard.

The colored ones will delayed till the 3rd batch. Your understanding is much appreciated.

Find FREE items on my timeline.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/barry.lee.984991

WhatsApp: +8615773183209 

korpzgrinda
korpzgrinda's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 01/09/2017 - 16:52
Posts: 357
Location: Eastern Woodlands in the Wilderness of North America

Our dreams have been shattered…

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 36 sec ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1437
Location: United States

While no one likes this news, I thank you for posting it Barry. It’s good to know the plan, hoping the anodizing factory can gets its processes cleaned up.

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

cu42
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2018 - 14:47
Posts: 174
Location: Allbright, IN

Barry0892 wrote:
Sorry guys, sofirn decided to make the rest 500pcs into Black body color. Because the anodizing factory didn’t meet the environmental protection standard made by government again. Never know when it will meet the standard.

The colored ones will delayed till the 3rd batch. Your understanding is much appreciated.

Thanks so much for the update. It may not be what everyone wants to hear, but any update is helpful in order to set realistic expectations.

Will we be able to use the group buy codes for the third batch with colors? I am willing to let others go in front of me to get black if they want. I would like to be sure that I can get colors with my group buy code before I forfeit my chance to get the rest of my LT1’s or my codes expire.

Can you start a list now for those of us who want colors? It would give you plenty of time to accurately figure out how many of each color to make to fulfill everyone’s needs and also allow those who want black to get them sooner without wasting codes on those who don’t want any more black and are willing to wait.

Barry0892
Barry0892's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 09/20/2014 - 03:45
Posts: 308

cu42 wrote:
Barry0892 wrote:
Sorry guys, sofirn decided to make the rest 500pcs into Black body color. Because the anodizing factory didn’t meet the environmental protection standard made by government again. Never know when it will meet the standard.

The colored ones will delayed till the 3rd batch. Your understanding is much appreciated.

Thanks so much for the update. It may not be what everyone wants to hear, but any update is helpful in order to set realistic expectations.

Will we be able to use the group buy codes for the third batch with colors? I am willing to let others go in front of me to get black if they want. I would like to be sure that I can get colors with my group buy code before I forfeit my chance to get the rest of my LT1’s or my codes expire.

Can you start a list now for those of us who want colors? It would give you plenty of time to accurately figure out how many of each color to make to fulfill everyone’s needs and also allow those who want black to get them sooner without wasting codes on those who don’t want any more black and are willing to wait.

Is there a list of wanting other colors? Or do I need to start a new thread to gather choice?

Find FREE items on my timeline.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/barry.lee.984991

WhatsApp: +8615773183209 

saypat
saypat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 20:32
Posts: 3552
Location: Calif

I’ll take an orange one Wink

JakeDjanitor
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 10/27/2015 - 09:00
Posts: 944
Location: North East USA

I would rather wait for color as well.

O26Rcr
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 12/01/2017 - 02:12
Posts: 41

Barry0892 wrote:

Is there a list of wanting other colors? Or do I need to start a new thread to gather choice?

I would definitely suggest a new thread for the color requests, Barry. This one is fast approaching 10,000 posts, and requests may get lost in the mix with all the questions that seem to get asked over and over again.

Perhaps SigShooter could create a color interest list once the thread is started.

Before I forget, I want to thank you as well for keeping us up to speed on what’s happening on your end.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 16151
Location: Amsterdam

O26Rcr wrote:
Barry0892 wrote:

Is there a list of wanting other colors? Or do I need to start a new thread to gather choice?

I would definitely suggest a new thread for the color requests, Barry. This one is fast approaching 10,000 posts, and requests may get lost in the mix with all the questions that seem to get asked over and over again.

Perhaps SigShooter could create a color interest list once the thread is started.

Before I forget, I want to thank you as well for keeping us up to speed on what’s happening on your end.


Thanks for the updates Barry. It helps to mention the reasons for a delay, things are often more complicated than people think.

Before starting a colour thread it is a good idea to sort out with Barry/Sofirn what colours can be realistically expected. Starting a poll with colours that will never happen is not very useful.

Stittville Ed
Stittville Ed's picture
Offline
Last seen: 46 min 16 sec ago
Joined: 11/20/2011 - 08:22
Posts: 787
Location: Stittville, New York

EPA Standards in China…………George Carlin could do a 1/2 hour on that Smile

Stittville Ed
Stittville Ed's picture
Offline
Last seen: 46 min 16 sec ago
Joined: 11/20/2011 - 08:22
Posts: 787
Location: Stittville, New York

I would wait for one of the Colored Lanterns.

Th558
Th558's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 min 16 sec ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 16:19
Posts: 540
Location: United Kingdom

I’m waiting for the orange one as well

LightUpTheDark
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 22 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 16:03
Posts: 198
Location: NorCal

Because of major workload at the office and volunteer work during the 4 day thanksgiving holiday, finally got around to ordering my BLF LT1 on amazon with the groupbuy code. Expected arrival… drum roll….

Some time between Jan 7 and Feb 3 2020.

So the wait begins (will not anxiously think about it).

If I need a lantern, I’ll find a white tranlucent cone to stick onto my BLF Q8…

I’ve got a thrower, a flooder, and an EDC too. Still looking for a bigger thrower, flooder, and a new EDC, give or take a few. I’m a flashaholic.

pooptoast
pooptoast's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 08/12/2015 - 23:11
Posts: 159

I would also definitely prefer to wait for the orange version for my second lantern. I don’t mind waiting as long as it takes but I would hope we can still get it at group buy prices once available.

^^FYI, when I ordered mine from Amazon it arrived earlier than the earliest estimation and that was after a delay where it got a little lost for a while. I think amazon errs on the side of caution with items shipped from China so hopefully yours arrives sooner.

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6109
Location: Ontario, Canada

Since there are issues getting the number of the colored versions with the anodizing factory, we asked Barry if it is possible to do a number of clear/bare aluminum versions too in place of some of the plain black. Maybe a bare shiny non-anodized aluminum version like the FW3A was done in, (or as a sand-blast/satin bare aluminum variant) like in the pic below.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

leroycp
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 12/27/2015 - 19:24
Posts: 735
Location: Stewart TN

I like the clear/bare version idea! In for one if it happens.

korkfoto
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 30 min ago
Joined: 11/28/2017 - 11:09
Posts: 236
Location: Romania

I'd like to see a sandblasted version...

FIAT LUX!

Bake
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2019 - 12:39
Posts: 8

I have yet to receive a code for the group buy but I would be down for a clear or satin version if they were available as a group buy item.

Lagittaja
Lagittaja's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 11/28/2017 - 19:24
Posts: 94
Location: Finland

Non-anodized but sandblasted would be quite nice in my opinion.
One batch of Sofirn C01S BLF edition ended up being sandblasted of which I bought one.

They’re not in stock anymore but there are couple more pictures of that finish so if anyone wants to see here’s the link.

Pages