*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated June,02,2020)

11145 posts / 0 new
Last post
vkor
vkor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 55 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 02/03/2020 - 06:34
Posts: 48
Location: 55°51'31.8"N 37°26'11.3"E

I got my LT1 a week ago. Bought in sofirnlight, in Russia the package reached in 35 days I consider it a very good result. Tremendous lamp! Latest version, 5.0. I use it every day, it ‘s like a toy, I ‘m really happy.

waxing twilight
waxing twilight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 hours ago
Joined: 01/21/2016 - 08:34
Posts: 26
Location: Somewhere near the Mason-Dixon Line, US

Barry posted some color sample SP40 pics on the color thread “http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1657442#comment-1657442”
maybe colored versions aren’t much farther off now? Party

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 17 hours ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6292
Location: Ontario, Canada
waxing twilight wrote:
Barry posted some color sample SP40 pics on the color thread “http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1657442#comment-1657442” maybe colored versions aren’t much farther off now? Party

Those could be a possibility.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

Blggg
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 07:23
Posts: 73
Location: Thailand

Has anyone tried bridging the drivers 6 and 7 to increase the max brightness by using pencil? Can anyone can show the picture of how it’s done? I’ve done it but not sure if I did it correctly as the brightness isn’t noticiably different. And I measured the lux by using my phone and I got more lux at mid CCTs than at 5K CCTs. Is that normal?

lawallac
lawallac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 01/04/2012 - 15:31
Posts: 448
Location: WI

I’m interested in getting 2 or 3 of these. I’ve been aware of the project but I have to admit I haven’t followed it very closely. What is currently the best way to get these?

Geronimo
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 04/20/2019 - 19:11
Posts: 139
Location: Ohio

Not sure if anyone has them in stock stateside but from Sofirns website has the best price.

Emisar d1s 3a. ZL sc700d,sc64w hi,H600c,Streamlight tlr1-hl, Astrolux mfo1s 4k/purple. Olight I3t Eos black. Ylp 2m cri.

Lightenzaza
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 01/15/2020 - 13:31
Posts: 54
Location: Qc,Can.

lawallac wrote:
I’m interested in getting 2 or 3 of these. I’ve been aware of the project but I have to admit I haven’t followed it very closely. What is currently the best way to get these?

Just bought one from amazon canada shipped by amazon . If available in amazon us. PM sofirn for a discount code . Ended up same price as sofirn but with fast delivery and no hassle returns .

Caught a sickness . I found out i'm not alone .
p12gt,tn12v4(nw),s1(3d),tk15,s2+(sst-40),pd35tac,fd65,tk35 ue 2018,d4v2(3a),fw3a(1a),sp31v2.0,sp32av2.0,sp36,sp40,lt1

Scallywag
Scallywag's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 01/11/2018 - 22:23
Posts: 1090
Location: Ohio, United States

Scallywag wrote:
So I tried to search the thread, but didn’t get anywhere. My LT1 spends a lot of time on my nightstand, because the soft warm glow is fantastic. However, I’ve noticed that even if I haven’t used the LT1 all day, when I turn out the lights the diffuser appears to glow slightly. Has anyone else noticed that (and/or does anyone know why that is)? I have LED bulbs in the room with similar-appearing frosted-plasticky diffusers that don’t exhibit that behavior, even if they’ve been on all day. Is there a tiny bit of GITD powder mixed into the diffuser?

MtnDon wrote:
Does it continue to glow if you unscrew the battery tube from the head. That should eliminate if it is caused by some sort of an electrical leak causing the glow or something that glows without power.

Finally remembered to check this after dark with the lights off – that is, when the “glow” was visible. The glow disappears when the battery tube is unscrewed.

I keep meaning to open it up, but I’m never near hex wrenches (to open the top) when the inspiration strikes. Then I get distracted… I at least checked the topside of the driver just now, and nothing looks out of place.

As for the adjustments on the solder bridges: Are 6 and 7 on a separate channel from moonlight, or would bridging them increase the brightness of the lowest level? I really like the low, warm output as a bedside lamp. I wouldn’t mind a higher high.

EDC Rotation: ZL SC62(w) | Jaxman E2L XP-G2 5A | Purple S2+ XPL-HI U6-3A | D4 w/ Luxeon V | RRT-01 | Purple FW3A, 4000K SST20
EagTac D25C Ti | DQG Slim AA Ti | Jaxman E3 | UF-T1 by CRX | Nitecore EX11.2
L6 XHP70.2 P2 4000K FET+7135 | Jaxman M8 | MF02 | Jaxman Z1 CULNM1.TG | Blue S2+ w/ ML Special
Unfinished: Supfire M6 3xXHP50.2, Sofirn C8F, Sofirn SP70
Others: Nitecore EC23 | Nebo Twyst | Streamlight ProTac 1AA | TerraLux LightStar 100

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 10325
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
Blggg wrote:
I measured the lux by using my phone and I got more lux at mid CCTs than at 5K CCTs. Is that normal?

Brightness isn’t completely flat while changing tint. It tries to adjust output to keep the brightness close to the same, but it’s not perfect. Brightness is expected to be slightly higher or slightly lower in the middle than it is at either end of the tint spectrum.

Scallywag wrote:
Are 6 and 7 on a separate channel from moonlight, or would bridging them increase the brightness of the lowest level? I really like the low, warm output as a bedside lamp. I wouldn’t mind a higher high.

Going from 5 to 7 chips causes all levels to be 7/5ths as bright as before… including moon.

But at only like 1 lm to 1.4 lm, it’s not a big difference at the low end.

THS89
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/01/2013 - 01:51
Posts: 190
Location: Toronto Canada

Why is this so expensive? I checked amazon.ca and it’s a hundred bucks!

Lightenzaza
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 01/15/2020 - 13:31
Posts: 54
Location: Qc,Can.

THS89 wrote:
Why is this so expensive? I checked amazon.ca and it’s a hundred bucks!

pm sofirn for a discount code . with batteries it’s $81 .

Caught a sickness . I found out i'm not alone .
p12gt,tn12v4(nw),s1(3d),tk15,s2+(sst-40),pd35tac,fd65,tk35 ue 2018,d4v2(3a),fw3a(1a),sp31v2.0,sp32av2.0,sp36,sp40,lt1

Sofirn
Sofirn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 27 min ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 04:22
Posts: 701
Location: Shenzhen, China

Carry case for LT1 is availble now! Buy LT1 and case together, save $2.5

https://i.imgur.com/oSoz3lL.png

https://i.imgur.com/M4HSCBc.png

Carry Case Link: https://sofirnlight.com/blf-lt1-p0013.html

Coscar
Coscar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 01/03/2016 - 20:16
Posts: 660
Location: Gulf Coast

Thanks Sofirn,
$55 w/case….. thats a good deal! ….. I already have one but plan on two more when colors are available(OD green & Desert tan)

Im not a Pessimist …. just an Optimist with a lot of experience


A little John Prine

nick779
nick779's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2018 - 15:46
Posts: 388
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Im half tempted to order another lantern to see if the new shipping process will beat my light stuck in Nanning.

rob1451
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 11/14/2019 - 04:14
Posts: 2
Location: Germany

Not sure if anyone noticed the SOS Mode?

Driver Rev. 5.0 is installed.

After Beacon Mode there is the SOS Mode.

Where normaly the Temp Check can be found in Anduril Flashlights.

Thanks for this great project.

Regards,

Robert

DarkShot
DarkShot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2019 - 16:15
Posts: 95
Location: Canada

Success! After 6 months and a replacement shipment later, I finally have mine!

It’s incredibly well built, definitely worth the wait.

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1570
Location: United States

rob1451 wrote:
Not sure if anyone noticed the SOS Mode?

Driver Rev. 5.0 is installed.

After Beacon Mode there is the SOS Mode.

Where normaly the Temp Check can be found in Anduril Flashlights.


The later versions of FW have SOS mode, its a good add IMO. Good to know the newer lights have the newer FW also.

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

atobe
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 09/14/2019 - 23:27
Posts: 289
Location: California

LT1 has no temp sensor hence no temp check.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ I can always be wrong, probably 75% of the time.

nick779
nick779's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2018 - 15:46
Posts: 388
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
atobe wrote:
LT1 has no temp sensor hence no temp check.

If its ATtiny85 or 1634 based it has a temp sensor. It was probably just removed because it will never overheat even with all 7135s enabled.

Blggg
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 07:23
Posts: 73
Location: Thailand
ToyKeeper wrote:
Blggg wrote:
I measured the lux by using my phone and I got more lux at mid CCTs than at 5K CCTs. Is that normal?

Brightness isn’t completely flat while changing tint. It tries to adjust output to keep the brightness close to the same, but it’s not perfect. Brightness is expected to be slightly higher or slightly lower in the middle than it is at either end of the tint spectrum.

Scallywag wrote:
Are 6 and 7 on a separate channel from moonlight, or would bridging them increase the brightness of the lowest level? I really like the low, warm output as a bedside lamp. I wouldn’t mind a higher high.

Going from 5 to 7 chips causes all levels to be 7/5ths as bright as before… including moon.

But at only like 1 lm to 1.4 lm, it’s not a big difference at the low end.

Thank you, Toykeeper. If I bridge the 6th and the 7th pads and set the stepped mode to 7 steps, will the first 5 steps be equally bright as the 5-stepped modes (like a default setting) before bridging?

Blggg
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 07:23
Posts: 73
Location: Thailand

I have got a BLF LT1 Rev 5.0 and soldered the pad 6 and 7 to increase the current (previously I drew a line with a pencil, but didn’t notice any difference in brightness). Still don’t feel that it’s brighter. Did I miss anything?

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1570
Location: United States

Pads 4 & 5 are not connected. At least on earlier versions, the lower number pads need to be connected for 6 & 7 to have an affect. Using a pencil should work, try that on 4 and 5.

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

Blggg
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 07:23
Posts: 73
Location: Thailand
sbslider wrote:
Pads 4 & 5 are not connected. At least on earlier versions, the lower number pads need to be connected for 6 & 7 to have an affect. Using a pencil should work, try that on 4 and 5.

Thank you for your reply. The man came to answer it himself. There have been some discussions above about the revision of this Rev 5.0, which I don’t understand. Seems like the pads 4 and 5 are connected by those little metal things between them (they talked about resistors, not sure if these are the the resistors) or that the pads 4 and 5 are not connected as you say? If it’s the latter case, that means my LT1 is running with just 3 pads? Really?

YogibearAl
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 12/29/2019 - 03:38
Posts: 170
Location: WA

From other thread, take a multimeter to test the pads between 4 pads and 5 pads. They should be connected by the 0 ohm tiny resistor. If not connected then the 0 ohm resistors connecting either 4 or 5 may be bad and reducing power?

“As Lexel says, the latest LT1 driver should have 0Ω resistors connecting AMCs 4 & 5 as standard. You can check that with a multimeter – you should see a short-circuit between the ‘4’ contacts, and another short-circuit between the ‘5’ contacts, even though they’re not soldered.

If any of you have a new-model LT1 and a multimeter, please try it and let us know for sure Smile

The 0Ω resistors make it easier for Sofirn to manufacture and do quality control, because they’re less prone to human error compared to manually soldering contacts with a soldering iron.

If you want more output from your LT1, you still need to solder the ‘6’ contacts together yourself. If you want still more output, you need to solder the ‘7’ contacts together as well.

If you want less output, you have to unsolder the 0Ω resistors next to the ‘5’ contacts. If you want still less output, you have to unsolder the 0Ω resistors next to the ‘4’ contacts as well.

If you change your mind afterwards, you can restore higher output by soldering the ‘4’ contacts together again, and then the ‘5’ contacts together again. You don’t have to worry about saving the 0Ω resistors, so it’s not a problem if you destroy them when you unsolder them. “

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 17 hours ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6292
Location: Ontario, Canada
Blggg wrote:
I have got a BLF LT1 Rev 5.0 and soldered the pad 6 and 7 to increase the current (previously I drew a line with a pencil, but didn’t notice any difference in brightness). Still don’t feel that it’s brighter. Did I miss anything?

All the lower numbered pads 4 & 5 have to be bridged as well on both channels in order for the 6 & 7 pads to work when bridged.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1570
Location: United States

I forgot rev 5 has the resistors, they are near the pads, labeled R_AMC4 and R_AMC5. Not sure why the left the pads, but I’m sure Lexel has a good reason for it. So if you can’t get brighter with 6 & 7 connected then I’m not sure what to suggest.

I know this will sound strange, but are you sure its not brighter? Do you have a way to measure the current from the batteries to the light? Or some sort of a meter to measure intensity? It won’t be super noticeably brighter, but really should be somewhat noticeable.

YodibearAl said it well.

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

Blggg
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 08/25/2018 - 07:23
Posts: 73
Location: Thailand

I’m really thankful for all you guys’ answers. I don’t have a better way to measure the brightness other than just using my phone to measure the lux with some lux meter app in a dark room or under the bed, lol. I still got the same readings as before bridging. But I believe that the lantern’s 4 and 5 pads had been bridged from the factory because the max brightness was bright enough.

Hyperion
Hyperion's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 10/23/2013 - 04:27
Posts: 13

Looking at this lantern I’m interested in purchasing one. Is there going to be another group buy at all? Or can someone point me in the right direction of a good deal or coupon please?

Thanks in advance

Lightenzaza
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 01/15/2020 - 13:31
Posts: 54
Location: Qc,Can.

Hyperion wrote:
Looking at this lantern I’m interested in purchasing one. Is there going to be another group buy at all? Or can someone point me in the right direction of a good deal or coupon please?

Thanks in advance


Depends from witch country ? Lately Sofirn has bean giving discount codes for amazon usa-canada-australia . Aliexpress is the cheapest, then sofirn own shop .

Caught a sickness . I found out i'm not alone .
p12gt,tn12v4(nw),s1(3d),tk15,s2+(sst-40),pd35tac,fd65,tk35 ue 2018,d4v2(3a),fw3a(1a),sp31v2.0,sp32av2.0,sp36,sp40,lt1

Hyperion
Hyperion's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 10/23/2013 - 04:27
Posts: 13

Lightenzaza wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Looking at this lantern I’m interested in purchasing one. Is there going to be another group buy at all? Or can someone point me in the right direction of a good deal or coupon please?

Thanks in advance


Depends from witch country ? Lately Sofirn has bean giving discount codes for amazon usa-canada-australia . Aliexpress is the cheapest, then sofirn own shop .

I’m in the UK. Can only ship from Aliexpress without batteries (which I need) with batteries and case $67.99 from the Sofirn shop

Pages