Mystery package

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8863
Location: Eastern PA
Mystery package

This morning the mailman dropped off an unexpected plastic envelope containing 50ft of black 550 paracord. Hand written addressed to me with a return from a "Williams" in Amo, Indiana. Does anyone here recognize the name and city?

I've only spoken of my lanyard interests on here so I can't help but think that someone here had something to do with it.  Wink  Funny thing is that I just about used up all but maybe 10 feet of black paracord I had so this arrived at the perfect time. Anyway, if anyone here is my anonymous donor, let me know here or by PM so I can thank you. Smile

Johnny

Edited by: JohnnyMac on 09/21/2011 - 11:03
df2dot
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 months ago
Joined: 02/15/2011 - 14:15
Posts: 520

cool i wish paracord fairy  would send me the magic paracord gift lol . i need some myself

 

BTW . wonder if they make a skinnier version of the  550 ...??? know of any super tough cords like that

cd520
cd520's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 2 months ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 17:08
Posts: 387
Location: WV, USA

I love the look of some of the lanyards I've seen here on the forum. I wouldn't know what to do with paracord if I had some. It amazes me some of the designs I've seen here.

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 6561
Location: The Light

So many great guys around here. Thanks to whoever was kind enough to send that package. Smile Thanks for posting Johhny.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

esrevenge
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Joined: 05/25/2011 - 16:11
Posts: 1033
Location: Canada

df2dot wrote:

cool i wish paracord fairy  would send me the magic paracord gift lol . i need some myself

 BTW . wonder if they make a skinnier version of the  550 ...??? know of any super tough cords like that

 

I was looking for something simiar and bought this...Im not advertising just letting you know what to search for!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Paracord-Type-Micro-Cord-Solid-Colors-2mm-5Star-U...

 

Its called Mirco Paracord 2mm Type 1...I looked inside and instead of regular 7 strand I think it just has 1 or 2.  And its 100 test instead of 550 pounds.

 

I needed the mini paracord so it would fit in the lanyard hole of my SRM Drifter model.

 

At OP, thats a nice surprise to get in the mail and a nice gesture from the person who send it you!

JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8863
Location: Eastern PA

esrevenge wrote:

At OP, thats a nice surprise to get in the mail and a nice gesture from the person who send it you!

Sure is! I just wish I knew who to thank! Smile
trooplewis
trooplewis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/26/2011 - 15:35
Posts: 2613
Location: San Diego

Check your credit lately? Maybe that was the free gift he got when he placed a $5000 order in your name...

LOL, yes, I know I'm cynical.

Rats, finally sold my 2010 509hp Mustang...now I can buy more lights!

Sold the red one too! Now guess what I drive, doing my penance for 500 hp commuters...

http://dreammustang.com/

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/Ha

df2dot
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 months ago
Joined: 02/15/2011 - 14:15
Posts: 520

exactly what i was looking for ty !!

JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8863
Location: Eastern PA

ROFL!!!  I must have been ebaying in my sleep!

Decided to check my ebay and sure enough there it was. I remember ordering a bunch of snap clips but forgot about the paracord I apparently ordered. Sometimes I scare myself!

At least one good thing came out of it... df2dot and I know where to get 2mm paracord thanks to esrevenge. Silly

fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

That's a good one!                  

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8863
Location: Eastern PA

fishinfool wrote:

That's a good one!                  

 

Must have been a senior moment related to just turning 47. LOL!!!
Tas62
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 12/26/2010 - 17:57
Posts: 494
Location: Tasmania, AUS

To DX and/or KD customers who are used to getting ??? packages long after they were ordered.

fishinfool
fishinfool's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/09/2010 - 00:30
Posts: 4342
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

JohnnyMac wrote:

fishinfool wrote:

That's a good one!                  

Must have been a senior moment related to just turning 47. LOL!!!

It's ok Johnny,  we all do stuff like that all the time. 

Don wrote:

"But as I said long ago, you are more likely to be killed by a dead fish dropped by a seagull in the Sahara Desert than by a lithium ion

Davx
Davx's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 03/17/2011 - 20:29
Posts: 910
Location: Italy

JohnnyMac wrote:

 

I've only spoken of my lanyard interests on here so I can't help but think that someone here had something to do with it.  Wink  Funny thing is that I just about used up all but maybe 10 feet of black paracord I had so this arrived at the perfect time. Anyway, if anyone here is my anonymous donor, let me know here or by PM so I can thank you. Smile

Johnny

Maybe this is a magic forum.. You only have to talk about something and PUF, a magic envelope is in your mail!

So, today i would talk about 1 tons of gold... Ok, where is my magic envelope???

"There are always new jobs, women, and apartments......there is only ONE BLF." - Chicago X (27/03/2012)

2pts1scn
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/13/2011 - 21:24
Posts: 143

 Glad to know someone else does stuff like that. And thanks, esrevenge, I ordered some of the microcord.

esrevenge
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Joined: 05/25/2011 - 16:11
Posts: 1033
Location: Canada

JohnnyMac wrote:

ROFL!!!  I must have been ebaying in my sleep!

Decided to check my ebay and sure enough there it was. I remember ordering a bunch of snap clips but forgot about the paracord I apparently ordered. Sometimes I scare myself!

At least one good thing came out of it... df2dot and I know where to get 2mm paracord thanks to esrevenge. Silly

 

Wow thats too funny - its a good story though!  I sometimes do the same I forget I order things and when they come its a surprise.

 

Hey JohnnyMac I ordered some Gecko Green 550, I will send you like 5 or 10 feet of that when it comes so you can get something in the mail again, hahaha.  I will PM you when I get it....should be another 1-2 weeks or so.

JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8863
Location: Eastern PA

esrevenge wrote:

JohnnyMac wrote:

ROFL!!!  I must have been ebaying in my sleep!

Decided to check my ebay and sure enough there it was. I remember ordering a bunch of snap clips but forgot about the paracord I apparently ordered. Sometimes I scare myself!

At least one good thing came out of it... df2dot and I know where to get 2mm paracord thanks to esrevenge. Silly

 

Wow thats too funny - its a good story though!  I sometimes do the same I forget I order things and when they come its a surprise.

 

Hey JohnnyMac I ordered some Gecko Green 550, I will send you like 5 or 10 feet of that when it comes so you can get something in the mail again, hahaha.  I will PM you when I get it....should be another 1-2 weeks or so.

Aww, you don't have to do that but I sure appreciate the offer. Smile That Gecko Green you ordered is pretty cool looking stuff and I just may have to order some of it soon. Wink

kragmutt
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 03/17/2011 - 01:20
Posts: 406
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Don't use this as an excuse to the wife. "Honey, but someone else sent it to me. I didn't buy it myself!"

r1derbike
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/27/2011 - 22:01
Posts: 470
Location: North America

At least you got it from someone you know!

Boaz
Boaz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 7176
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

maybe It's an old stalker girlfriend ...

hoping you'll  put it to good use

              Should have bought a vowel

       καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

                            

       Dc-fix diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208