This light was sent by Olight for review and NO other compensation other than the light itself. As with all my reviews I do my best to give a fair and honest opinion of the light whether free or purchased by myself.
(links are NON affiliated)
Direct Olight link for H1 Nova…….. http://www.olightstore.com/led-flashlights/headlamps/olight-h1-nova
Amazon Link………. https://www.amazon.com/Olight-Lumens-Headlamps-CR123A-Battery/dp/B01MG65...
The new Olight H1 Nova is a very small , but also a powerful light for such a small package. This little light also has some great features and most are covered in the video portion of this review.
I did forget to mention in the video , this light has both , manual and electronic “lockout” features.
For the manual lockout you simply unscrew , or turn the endcap 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn. For the electronic lockout , you press and hold the power switch for about 3 seconds. The light will give a quick blink indicating it is in the lockout mode and will only give a momentary “moon mode” when the switch is depressed , but will not switch on. To exit or turn off the electronic lockout , simply press and hold the power switch again for about 3 seconds , the lockout is disabled and the light functions normally again.
The light also has LVP built in and will automatically step down to a lower mode as the cell discharges and will NOT go into higher modes until the cell is recharged or changed. Note also the battery or cell , inserts with the POSITIVE end to the tailcap, instead of the usual way of having the negative end to the tailcap. I was NOT able to find the estimated run times but when/if I get a chance I will try to get something on those.
I also did not mention that the H1 Nova comes with an Olight branded CR123A cell inside it. You DO need to remove the little plastic insulator that is under the endcap before use. H1 Nova can use CR123A / RCR123 / 16340 cells.
I guess I should mention also the anodizing seems to be really good , as I clipped the pocket clip on and took it off a number of times already and so far the ANO has held up well , without showing signs of chipping or scratching.
Overall a good performing little light and well built. I really do not have any negatives with this one.
I believe I got everything else covered in the video itself.
Video starts with a full description of the light , the still photos of the light and the beamshots start at 7:42 and the live footage outside starts at 10:58 in case anyone does not want to watch the entire video , you can skip to the parts you want to see at the listed times.
I will note as I usually do , the live footage from my cheap video camera is not as true to life as what the still photos (beamshots) show , and the beamshots are much closer to what my eyes see than the video is.
Video followed by listed Specs / Features from the Olight site………….
◦ Utilizes CREE XM-L2 LED (NW/CW) paired with bead lens, creating clearly divided focus and flood with a smooth transition
◦ High light transmission rate TIR optic lens to deliver a balanced and soft beam
◦ Five brightness levels and SOS mode covering 1~500 lumens
◦ Compatible with CR123A or RCR123A (16340) rechargeable lithium ion battery
◦ Gradual brightness changes: When turned on/off on medium, high, and turbo modes, it will turn on or off gradually to protect the eyes from stimulation caused by sudden brightness changes
◦ Low profile silicone switch located on the head of the headlamp for easy location and operation
◦ Magnetic tail cap allows it to be attached to any ferrous surface for hands free work when being used as a standard light.
◦ Runtime based thermal management program: Under the turbo mode, the headlamp stays at the maximum output for three minutes before gradually dropping down to the high mode after one minute.
◦ Headlamp (head strap and silicone mount included)
◦ CR123A (3V 1600mAh)
◦ Pocket Clip
◦ Carrying case
◦ Instruction Manual
Click any link to see MY REVIEWS:
Maxtoch M24 Sniper / Maxtoch 2X Shooter (2016 factory dedomed) /// ### ThruNite // Archer 2A V3 / Ti4T / TN4A HI / TH10 / TH20 / C2 Mini / TC12 V2 / T01 / MCC-4S /// ### Olight // S10R III / S30R III / H1 Nova / H1 R Nova / X7 Marauder //// Orca T11 / Nitecore EC20 / BLF A6 / Custom Convoy C8 / Lixada Triple 3800LM / Lixada 1000LM / LuxStone X30 /Small Sun ZY-T43 / Warsun X60 //////// ### Thorfire /// PF03 , PF04 , Upgraded PF04 , C8 , S-50 , VG-10 , VG25 , C8s , BL30 , S1 , VG15 S ////