“The TN12 (2016) XP-L is a portable & practical EDC LED flashlight, which adopts latest CREE XP-L V6 LED to make output up to 1100 lumen.”
- Adopts CREE XP-L V6 LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours.
- Uses one 18650 rechargeable battery or two CR123A batteries (not included).
- Max output: 1100 lumens with XP-L V6.
- Working voltage: 2.7V – 9V.
- Versatile mode(Tested with a ThruNite 3400mAh 18650 battery):
- Turbo (1100 lumens /95 minutes)
- Strobe (1100 lumens /3.8 hours)
- High (435 lumens /4.2 hours)
- Medium (175 lumens /11.8 hours)
- Low (18 lumens /5.5 days)
- Firefly (0.4 lumens /74 days).
- Peak beam intensity: 12800 cd.
- Max beam distance: 226 meters.
- Reverse polarity protection design to protect from improper battery installation.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum body.
- Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish.
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating.
- Smooth reflector gives perfect beam and throw.
- Dimension: 143mm (Length)*25.4mm (Diameter).
- Weight: only 86g (without batteries)
- Accessories: Holster x 1, Spare O-rings x 2, Lanyard x 1, Tail Cap x 1, Pocket Clip x 1.
Flashlight in it’s box :
Package Contains :
- User manual
- “Thank you” card
- 2x O-rings
- Pocket Clip
- Extra rubber boot
Flashlight is slightly longer compared to classic 18650 lights (143mm) due to the space tail switch and e-switch takes :
Flashlight has a SMO reflector and AR coated lens :
It changes modes through the e-switch (and tailcap switch works as an on/off switch) :
And the very nice logo (+info) on the opposite side :
Tail switch (on/off function) :
Clip (removable) :
Nice , “square” & anodized threads :
You can see in order : the tailcap ,the flashlight head , battery tube and one 18650 battery for reference
Flashlight head , you can see the spring is gold plated :
Holster is designed for TN12 , perfect fit ! :
Also it’s slim too , so it doesn’t add much space .
Led can be easily changed :
Led is on Copper mcpcb .
Reflector has threads , and it’s screwed inside the “bezel” .
Flashlight uses the switch at the taicap for on/off function . E-switch navigates easilly through modes , with a short press(Firefly – Low – Medium – High – Turbo) . Long press activates Strobe Also flashlight has mode memory .
Firefly mode is fantastic ! It is ULTRA low .
NCR18650GA 3500mAh was used in all measurements
Lumens on highest setting (high mode) : 1032
Tailcap measurements (amp draw) :
- Firefly – 1.7mA
- Low – 40.5mA
- Medium – 0.30A
- High – 0.84A
- Turbo – 3.18A
Factory Runtimes using 18650 :
- Turbo (95 minutes)
- Strobe (3.8 hours)
- High (4.2 hours)
- Medium (11.8 hours)
- Low (5.5 days)
- Firefly (74 days)
Notes : When voltage drops below 3 Volts , flashlights blinks every 8 seconds .
Led in lower modes uses PWM , but the frequency is so high that it can’t be seen (even by sensitive flashaholics’ eyes ).
TN12 (2016) : 11.87kcd
Wall @ 12m ( ISO 250 , S 1/8 ) :
Wall @ 12m ( Different camera setting , ISO 250 , S 1/15 , closer to eyes’ view ) :
A very nice flashlight from ThruNite , made from high quality components . Flashlight is ideal for both inside a house or outside use . Combines flood with some good amount of throw , and long runtimes even on the highest settings . Recommended !
Comment if you want me to check something on the flashlight , or tell your opinion . Thanks !
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Would you like one ?
20% OFF coupon code: Xmas , (from 24th November to 23rd December, for official website only: http://www.thrunite.com )
Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/thrunite