ThorFire Deals

187 posts / 0 new
Last post
Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 2964

Hmm, me thinks I spy a Texas Avenger driver in there lol. Same plan I have for mine.

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke , Civil Libertarian

Texas Avenger Driver Series

My LED Test series - XP-L2 V5  - Nichia 219C 90+ CRILatticebright "XM-L"XHP35 & PWM efficiency - XHP50 - XP-L V5 - XM-L2 U2 - XP-G3 S5  - XP-L HI V2 - Oslon Square & direct comparison to Djozz tests

How I made a True integrating PVC sphere with no math involved

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 8807
Location: LI NY

This VG10 clone was a real winner: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A6DK9YM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sooo much nicer than the real VG10, was only available for $12.99 Prime for a short time. I bought mine back on Dec 11th. The knurling makes it a much better feel light, anodizing more a flat black, and overall quality just as good. Sorry I got only one.

Thorfire
Thorfire's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 05/22/2014 - 05:52
Posts: 221
Location: China

Amazon Lightning Deals Coming: ThorFire TG06 tactical flashlight 25% off!!
Deal Price: ONLY $11.99!!
Timeline: 3:25 AM PST-9:25 AM PST, 13 Jan 2017
Now or Never, Grab yours tightly here: amzn.to/2jCwliL

ThorFire is looking for dealers/retailers/distributors from Europe countries and other countries around the world. If you are interested, PM me!

djburkes
djburkes's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 03/16/2015 - 11:00
Posts: 1519
Location: Arkansas
Thorfire wrote:
Amazon Lightning Deals Coming: ThorFire TG06 tactical flashlight 25% off!! Deal Price: ONLY $11.99!! Timeline: 3:25 AM PST-9:25 AM PST, 13 Jan 2017 Now or Never, Grab yours tightly here: amzn.to/2jCwliL

Lol…ThorFire…you guys are killing me this month Facepalm I guess I’ll be getting a few of those too.

Andyman
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 01/12/2016 - 00:29
Posts: 271
Location: United States

Thorfire wrote:
Amazon Lightning Deals Coming: ThorFire TG06 tactical flashlight 25% off!!
Deal Price: ONLY $11.99!!
Timeline: 3:25 AM PST-9:25 AM PST, 13 Jan 2017
Now or Never, Grab yours tightly here: amzn.to/2jCwliL

Good deal! If this came in a neutral/warm tint, I’d grab one.
Thorfire
Thorfire's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 05/22/2014 - 05:52
Posts: 221
Location: China
djburkes wrote:
Thorfire wrote:
Amazon Lightning Deals Coming: ThorFire TG06 tactical flashlight 25% off!! Deal Price: ONLY $11.99!! Timeline: 3:25 AM PST-9:25 AM PST, 13 Jan 2017 Now or Never, Grab yours tightly here: amzn.to/2jCwliL

Lol…ThorFire…you guys are killing me this month Facepalm I guess I’ll be getting a few of those too.


Haha…Believe that you will get more than a flashlight,like satisfaction, happiness. Big Smile

ThorFire is looking for dealers/retailers/distributors from Europe countries and other countries around the world. If you are interested, PM me!

Thorfire
Thorfire's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 05/22/2014 - 05:52
Posts: 221
Location: China

#LightningDeals: ThorFire PF01S #penlight
Discount: 25% off
Deal Price:$11.99
Timeline: 2:50AM-8:50AM PST, 14 Jan 2017
Grasp it here: amzn.to/2j6VeCt
We also have ThorFire TG06 #Flashlight on Lightning Deals at 3:25AM-9:25AM PST 13 Jan. For more details, please check our last post above. Don’t miss it!!

ThorFire is looking for dealers/retailers/distributors from Europe countries and other countries around the world. If you are interested, PM me!

wstrachan
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 02/19/2016 - 02:30
Posts: 121

I can’t get the thread to work. I can’t get Amazon to accept the coupon code 9F3PMESJ either. Please help

light addict....yeah I've got the bug.

Olight javelin mx3x
thrunite tn32 ut
acebeam k60
Shadow sl3
Shadow jM35
thrunite tn11s V2
many others

Thorfire
Thorfire's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 05/22/2014 - 05:52
Posts: 221
Location: China

wstrachan wrote:
I can’t get the thread to work. I can’t get Amazon to accept the coupon code 9F3PMESJ either. Please help

Which flashlight would you like to buy?

ThorFire is looking for dealers/retailers/distributors from Europe countries and other countries around the world. If you are interested, PM me!

wstrachan
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 02/19/2016 - 02:30
Posts: 121

The VG10

light addict....yeah I've got the bug.

Olight javelin mx3x
thrunite tn32 ut
acebeam k60
Shadow sl3
Shadow jM35
thrunite tn11s V2
many others

Thorfire
Thorfire's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 05/22/2014 - 05:52
Posts: 221
Location: China

wstrachan wrote:
The VG10

Please use this code to buy VG10: SQYPGBB4

ThorFire is looking for dealers/retailers/distributors from Europe countries and other countries around the world. If you are interested, PM me!

caramba
caramba's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 11/09/2016 - 14:43
Posts: 160

Nice, thanks for the heads-up.
Which one is the official seller
“Thorfire Direct” or “Thorfire & More” ?

Thorfire
Thorfire's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 05/22/2014 - 05:52
Posts: 221
Location: China

caramba wrote:
Nice, thanks for the heads-up.
Which one is the official seller
“Thorfire Direct” or “Thorfire & More” ?

Our official website is www.thorfiredirect.com

ThorFire is looking for dealers/retailers/distributors from Europe countries and other countries around the world. If you are interested, PM me!

Thorfire
Thorfire's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 05/22/2014 - 05:52
Posts: 221
Location: China

Hi BLF guys,

Lightning Deals again: ThorFire camping lantern
Discount: 64% off!!(No code needed)
Grasp here: http://amzn.to/2iDwSAQ

ThorFire is looking for dealers/retailers/distributors from Europe countries and other countries around the world. If you are interested, PM me!

caramba
caramba's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 11/09/2016 - 14:43
Posts: 160
Thorfire wrote:
caramba wrote:
Nice, thanks for the heads-up. Which one is the official seller “Thorfire Direct” or “Thorfire & More” ?
Our official website is www.thorfiredirect.com

So “Thorfire & More” is not an official seller?

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=1&isCBA...

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 2964

My thorfire VG10 came in, I grabbed one because the price was too good to pass up and didn’t expect the quality to be nearly this good. This is one nice light!

I have always loved the P60 form factor for the general usefulness of the beam and size of the light and this is a much improved version IMO.

Are these glued? I tried briefly to open it up but it would not budge. I sure hope it is not since the only real complaint I have are the cool white LED that I want to swap out for a 219C or XP-L2 (along with more output naturally).

Is there still an active code for the VG10? I tried the one posted a few posts up but it said it could not be applied. I now want at least 2 more of these (IF they are not glued and can be opened), I think a quad LED could do well in one of them and the other with a 80 CRI XP-L2 @ ~1800 lumens should be nice.

I have to say, after seeing this light I now want to try out a thorfire C8. Any codes for the C8 right now?

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke , Civil Libertarian

Texas Avenger Driver Series

My LED Test series - XP-L2 V5  - Nichia 219C 90+ CRILatticebright "XM-L"XHP35 & PWM efficiency - XHP50 - XP-L V5 - XM-L2 U2 - XP-G3 S5  - XP-L HI V2 - Oslon Square & direct comparison to Djozz tests

How I made a True integrating PVC sphere with no math involved

djburkes
djburkes's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 03/16/2015 - 11:00
Posts: 1519
Location: Arkansas

Texas_Ace wrote:
My thorfire VG10 came in, I grabbed one because the price was too good to pass up and didn’t expect the quality to be nearly this good. This is one nice light!

I have always loved the P60 form factor for the general usefulness of the beam and size of the light and this is a much improved version IMO.

Are these glued? I tried briefly to open it up but it would not budge. I sure hope it is not since the only real complaint I have are the cool white LED that I want to swap out for a 219C or XP-L2 (along with more output naturally).

Is there still an active code for the VG10? I tried the one posted a few posts up but it said it could not be applied. I now want at least 2 more of these (IF they are not glued and can be opened), I think a quad LED could do well in one of them and the other with a 80 CRI XP-L2 @ ~1800 lumens should be nice.

I have to say, after seeing this light I now want to try out a thorfire C8. Any codes for the C8 right now?

The one I ordered wasn’t glued. I ordered 3 more the day I got this one after how nice the beam was from a XP-L HI…very solid light.

djburkes
djburkes's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 03/16/2015 - 11:00
Posts: 1519
Location: Arkansas

djburkes wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
My thorfire VG10 came in, I grabbed one because the price was too good to pass up and didn’t expect the quality to be nearly this good. This is one nice light!

I have always loved the P60 form factor for the general usefulness of the beam and size of the light and this is a much improved version IMO.

Are these glued? I tried briefly to open it up but it would not budge. I sure hope it is not since the only real complaint I have are the cool white LED that I want to swap out for a 219C or XP-L2 (along with more output naturally).

Is there still an active code for the VG10? I tried the one posted a few posts up but it said it could not be applied. I now want at least 2 more of these (IF they are not glued and can be opened), I think a quad LED could do well in one of them and the other with a 80 CRI XP-L2 @ ~1800 lumens should be nice.

I have to say, after seeing this light I now want to try out a thorfire C8. Any codes for the C8 right now?

The one I ordered wasn’t glued. I ordered 3 more the day I got this one after I saw how nice the beam was from a XP-L HI…very solid light.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 2964
djburkes wrote:
The one I ordered wasn’t glued. I ordered 3 more the day I got this one after how nice the beam was from a XP-L HI…very solid light.

I just got it open, it just took the right tools. Sick

Pressing the bezel against a “jar opener pad” got it open fairly easy, although don’t try to grip the bezel with it, that did about as much good as using my fingers lol.

The driver ring was a bit harder, it bent my tweezers that can usually do this but then I got out the big guns, my lock ring pliers from the shop. That got it open.

After looking inside, I am even more impressed, very well built, machines and put together. The glass even has an ar coating.

The only issue I saw was that the main bezel o-ring was broken on mine after removing the bezel, not sure if this happened when it was put together or when I removed it though, a little lube on the o-ring before install should fix that and luckily they sent spare o-rings with the light.

The LED also does not have any thermal paste but unlike some I am not too worried about this. Naturally I would love to see a DTP star and thermal paste but to be honest at the drive currents these work at stock no paste is just fine.

I like the mode spacing on the stock driver. I am going to run it through it paces in a little while and see what it is doing. I also see an easily accsessed sense resistor, I think I might try bumping that up a bit to see what happens.

Sadly I am out of 20mm Stars so I either will have to use a 16mm or wait till Simon re-opens to order more before I can mod it.

Makes me look forward to the TG06 I have incoming

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke , Civil Libertarian

Texas Avenger Driver Series

My LED Test series - XP-L2 V5  - Nichia 219C 90+ CRILatticebright "XM-L"XHP35 & PWM efficiency - XHP50 - XP-L V5 - XM-L2 U2 - XP-G3 S5  - XP-L HI V2 - Oslon Square & direct comparison to Djozz tests

How I made a True integrating PVC sphere with no math involved

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 2964

Did some driver tests. I expected it to to be a buck driver but it acts like an FET driver. There is no regulation in any mode but on the plus side I am getting 14W worth of power (about 3.3A at the tailcap) in stock form. Although the output drops with voltage like an FET.

Not sure if my driver is messed up or if it is meant to be that way? I would have preferred a regulated driver with the same output but I can accept the FET.

It still works fine and is putting out over 1100 lumens bone stock on a 30Q 18650! It also has a true moon mode as well. Overall I think this is the best bang for the buck light I have in stock form. All it needs is a neutral white emitter (or better yet a 219C 90+ CRI and/or 90+ CRI XP-L2) with DTP copper star and it would be perfect.

Oh, and they sent a spare tailswitch with the light, it would be REALLY cool if the spare switch was a reverse clicky so that you have the option.

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke , Civil Libertarian

Texas Avenger Driver Series

My LED Test series - XP-L2 V5  - Nichia 219C 90+ CRILatticebright "XM-L"XHP35 & PWM efficiency - XHP50 - XP-L V5 - XM-L2 U2 - XP-G3 S5  - XP-L HI V2 - Oslon Square & direct comparison to Djozz tests

How I made a True integrating PVC sphere with no math involved

mapache
mapache's picture
Offline
Last seen: 39 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2015 - 09:34
Posts: 938
Location: Vic, Aus

The moon mode on my VG10 seems a bit too bright to be a true moon mode but it is the only light I have that has moon, so what do I really know?

I would like there to be an o-ring between the bezel and the lens, I can’t see how the current design can be close to waterproof.

The VG10 is probably my favourite stock light considering the price ($11.00 for me) to quality ratio, despite the minor problems my light had. Thumbs Up

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 2964

mapache wrote:
The moon mode on my VG10 seems a bit too bright to be a true moon mode but it is the only light I have that has moon, so what do I really know?

I would like there to be an o-ring between the bezel and the lens, I can’t see how the current design can be close to waterproof.

The VG10 is probably my favourite stock light considering the price ($11.00 for me) to quality ratio, despite the minor problems my light had. Thumbs Up

I have not used the moon in the dark yet (just now getting dark enough here), so I can comment on that after I see it in more then a dark room.

I did notice the missing o-ring on the lens when I was putting it back together, the design they have now is a bit odd for sure.

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke , Civil Libertarian

Texas Avenger Driver Series

My LED Test series - XP-L2 V5  - Nichia 219C 90+ CRILatticebright "XM-L"XHP35 & PWM efficiency - XHP50 - XP-L V5 - XM-L2 U2 - XP-G3 S5  - XP-L HI V2 - Oslon Square & direct comparison to Djozz tests

How I made a True integrating PVC sphere with no math involved

LightRider
LightRider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 08/05/2015 - 09:52
Posts: 1431
Location: U.P. MI, USA

Texas_Ace wrote:
Did some driver tests. I expected it to to be a buck driver but it acts like an FET driver. There is no regulation in any mode but on the plus side I am getting 14W worth of power (about 3.3A at the tailcap) in stock form. Although the output drops with voltage like an FET.

Not sure if my driver is messed up or if it is meant to be that way? I would have preferred a regulated driver with the same output but I can accept the FET.

It still works fine and is putting out over 1100 lumens bone stock on a 30Q 18650! It also has a true moon mode as well. Overall I think this is the best bang for the buck light I have in stock form. All it needs is a neutral white emitter (or better yet a 219C 90+ CRI and/or 90+ CRI XP-L2) with DTP copper star and it would be perfect.

Oh, and they sent a spare tailswitch with the light, it would be REALLY cool if the spare switch was a reverse clicky so that you have the option.

Hmm? This was not my experience. I got about 2.4 at the tail and a resistor mod brought it up to 2.6. With accurate testing.

And doesn’t it advertise the use of either 2× 18350 or maybe 2x cr123? Can’t remember but I thought so. I’m interested as I have three or four of these drivers laying around here. Trying to think of how to put them to good use.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 2964

Yes, it does advertise CR123’s which would be an input voltage of 6V yet it was already at 3.3A at that voltage and climbing. Since it doesn’t have a DTP star and I didn’t want to kill the LED I stopped there but It showed no regulation at all and I have a feeling it would instantly pop the LED if CR123’s were used.

I honestly think there is something wrong with my driver, I highly doubt they would put all that time and money into designing a buck driver only to use it as an FET driver.

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke , Civil Libertarian

Texas Avenger Driver Series

My LED Test series - XP-L2 V5  - Nichia 219C 90+ CRILatticebright "XM-L"XHP35 & PWM efficiency - XHP50 - XP-L V5 - XM-L2 U2 - XP-G3 S5  - XP-L HI V2 - Oslon Square & direct comparison to Djozz tests

How I made a True integrating PVC sphere with no math involved

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 2964

Just tried it out outside. I would call it a moon mode, it is slightly brighter then my EDC moon but that is mostly because it is focused into a smaller beam then my S2+.

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke , Civil Libertarian

Texas Avenger Driver Series

My LED Test series - XP-L2 V5  - Nichia 219C 90+ CRILatticebright "XM-L"XHP35 & PWM efficiency - XHP50 - XP-L V5 - XM-L2 U2 - XP-G3 S5  - XP-L HI V2 - Oslon Square & direct comparison to Djozz tests

How I made a True integrating PVC sphere with no math involved

blueb8llz
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 06/02/2012 - 01:16
Posts: 2479
Location: California

Djburkes,

Where did you get the vg10 with xpl hi?

blueb8llz
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 06/02/2012 - 01:16
Posts: 2479
Location: California

Texas ace, where did you purchase your vg10 from?
And there is a coupon for a thorfire c8s right now. From m4d m4x. $14.99
It’s my favorite c8 because I just love the tail cap. Similar to the vg10 how it has the cut out groove.

mapache
mapache's picture
Offline
Last seen: 39 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2015 - 09:34
Posts: 938
Location: Vic, Aus

3.3A sounds a bit high compared to more recent reports, but when this driver first came out some people were seeing slightly over 3A. I need a better DMM, or at least leads, so I won’t give the actual results but the tail amps of my VG10 is ~20% less than my C8 with 8×7135 driver.

ImA4Wheelr
ImA4Wheelr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 02/03/2013 - 14:51
Posts: 7058
Location: SC

Texas_Ace wrote:
Yes, it does advertise CR123's which would be an input voltage of 6V yet it was already at 3.3A at that voltage and climbing. Since it doesn't have a DTP star and I didn't want to kill the LED I stopped there but It showed no regulation at all and I have a feeling it would instantly pop the LED if CR123's were used. I honestly think there is something wrong with my driver, I highly doubt they would put all that time and money into designing a buck driver only to use it as an FET driver.

I haven't had a chance to push that driver yet, but it looks to be a high quality driver.  Most bucks need a decent amount of overhead voltage to regulate properly. Below those voltages, they tend to behave like a DD with low efficiency.  My bet is that yiou will get still be below 4 amps to the emitter at 2S.  I'm not sure why so many folks are so quick to change out this VG10 driver.  With a reverse clickie and no need for bleed-off resister for tail cap lights, the driver is already awesome.  Take it to 2S and slightly decrease the sensor resistance and it may be a real winner.  Well, hopefully.  I'm planning on using one to drive a high power laser diode if it does.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 2964
blueb8llz wrote:
Texas ace, where did you purchase your vg10 from? And there is a coupon for a thorfire c8s right now. From m4d m4x. $14.99 It’s my favorite c8 because I just love the tail cap. Similar to the vg10 how it has the cut out groove.

I got it from amazon with the coupon a few weeks back.

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke , Civil Libertarian

Texas Avenger Driver Series

My LED Test series - XP-L2 V5  - Nichia 219C 90+ CRILatticebright "XM-L"XHP35 & PWM efficiency - XHP50 - XP-L V5 - XM-L2 U2 - XP-G3 S5  - XP-L HI V2 - Oslon Square & direct comparison to Djozz tests

How I made a True integrating PVC sphere with no math involved

Pages